Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
This literally does keep getting better and better.

Reminds me of a scene from "Private Parts" a fine film about Howard Stern.

They were going over the ratings and talking about how people who both loved and hated him were both listening to the show. When pigface asked why in a aggravated tone here is what the guy said.....

the listeners (who like him) tune in daily to see what howard is going to do next.
the listeners (who dislike him) tune in daily to see what howard is going to do next.

Literally, we have to tune in daily to see what Rick is going to do next.........

good shit.

love the logs ( I am from Oregon for gods sake), but the just nice is perfect too.

the ob,

Gobrian

am I correct to assume the little copper color cap goes on when the zap is one but not in use?

Gobrian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think you're talking about the cup used for aromatherapy. The design has changed, I believe?

The cup is what holds the oils. You do not have to keep it on the RZ when not in use.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
The copper cup is for aromatherapy. Essential oil vaporized into the air. We decided to go there to give the most wonderful woman in the world, Zaplady, a break. She has been making the Aroma Flower for ten years. She has also been de-pedaling edible flowers for five years making our special treat for chefs at fine local restaurants. Her finners are getting old. We will still offer her hand crafted Aroma Flower but it will be an extra to our regular packages.
I am sure we will come up with a 'Primo' package eventually. Special RZ, Wood stem, Aroma Flower, etc. Give us a little time for that one. We be busy these days.

Looks like OUT ON A LIMB is going to be popular. I'll have some testing results later.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
there is no doubt those logs are going to be HUGE. I guarantee it. I sound like the dude from the mens warehouse :lol:

BTW,love the new photos. Great shots. It really helps!

the ob,

Gobrian

Ohhhhhh man this beautiful lil thing packs a hit =]. I'm seriously impressed. :)
I'm finding I may need to grind my bud more finely, but all around a great first go!

quick q, is there as much a need with the RZ to move the bud around in the stem after a couple hits?

Gobrian,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Gobrian said:
Ohhhhhh man this beautiful lil thing packs a hit =]. I'm seriously impressed. :)
I'm finding I may need to grind my bud more finely, but all around a great first go!

quick q, is there as much a need with the RZ to move the bud around in the stem after a couple hits?

some will blow it out, crush it in their hands and reinsert it. I would be careful poking stuff in there for fear of poking a hole in the screen.

I personally blow it out and just start over. Conserving (which these are great for) is not a big concern for me though.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Well, it is later now.
I picked 'Stumpy' for my first test of the OUT ON A LIMB line of RZs. He is a big guy with the most wood around the insulated heatport of any of the three Out on a Limb designs we have on hand today. This is all Walnut remember.
So I give him an extra wrap of insulation because the volume of wood in this unit is so much greater than in any of the designs we have shown so far. My years of trying to balance the wood density/size/species for a decent vapor flow was telling me to insulate that heater even more since all that wood would draw heat from the heatport. I will try the next one with the normal amount of wraps to confirm my suspicions that another wrap is a good thing.
This big old guy rips and rips. I will get a shot in the morning when I am not so shot of Stumpy and Monet'. Incredible difference in size. Vapor the same. We are hitting cashed out stems and squeezing out even more, just like any RockZap functioning as it should would perform.

BTW, a rootwad is a stump that is not attached to the ground anymore. If you are logging on a hillside with a rootwad above you, watch out. They will roll and turn in any direction within 180 degrees. They will take 90 degree turns if they break loose. Or not. You NEVER know. With the RZ Rootwad on the other hand, you ALWAYS know where it is going.
Todays subject in Rickipedia: Rootwad

This be STUMPY in case anybody missed the last page of our thread.
RZROLL1WEEK004.jpg

Yup, he's a big guy. Rough as a log to hold. Heavy even.

I am pretty much done for the night, thanks to my Gin score from some fine people and excessive RZ testing responsibilities. I do get up early though, 5 PDT usually. I'll start with some new RZs up on our website then.
Over 'n out.

Rick,

collegerower

What a cool looking zap. I am just amazed at what they is doing.

Can't wait to see what else is coming!

collegerower,
this is cool. Will this technique be used with any smaller units? Or is this roughly the size of what all the stump logs are gonna look like?

biojuggernaut,

rotax

Zaporist
The "out on the limb" line is amazing. Best one yet, IMO. :o
And it should help with the high[er] outer temp issue. I have overly temp sensitive hands, so this looks like a solution, w/o having to wrap or coozie the unit during use.
:2c:

rotax,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
My word, Stumpy is stunning. :love: They appeal to me so much more than a fully turned and polished design. As soon as that Zap train has international tracks I'll be onboard with one of those!

WatTyler,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Damn, its exciting when you've been gone from FC for a couplea days and you get to come back and see all these outstanding creations, there are so many, all the new designs are too much! I am so happy for everyone out there, we all can get something that is even more unique than ever, truly one of a kind pieces, that's the shit!

I have gotten a few loads through my new RZ, hits are super smooth and very tasty, I really dig the feel of it in my hand, the bark is raw and rough, the center is nice and warm so I know shes ready to go. I really like looking at the SS internals, she really looks ready to party, all dressed up and ready for the show, the SS is the shit Rick, you have done a great job and thank you so much for the piece. Been hard at it in the shop, so just had time for a hit here and there, will get some pics up within the next day or so.

I got the sleeve idea Rick, will try and be offering those this week coming, how long should they be? What do suggest Rick?

OUT ON A LIMB ZAPS ARE THE SHIT!!!

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
The new ones are up.

The "out on a limbs" are out of this world. :D

looks like rootwad is gone already. I guess the early bird gets the worm.

the ob,

hunterthompson

Hey all! New Rockzaps look sick and I can't wait to get one as soon as my funds allow me!

Quick question for people who already have them: people have been saying these heat up much faster so how long would they take to heat up if I did not leave it plugged in 24/7 and unplugged it every time I wasn't using it?

Thanks!

hunterthompson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wasn't me ob... :lol:

hunterthomson, it takes about 1/2 hour 45 min to get up to temp. Is there a reason you don't want to leave it on 24/7? It doesn't draw much electricity and is what these were designed for.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Wasn't me ob... :lol:

hunterthomson, it takes about 1/2 hour 45 min to get up to temp. Is there a reason you don't want to leave it on 24/7? It doesn't draw much electricity and is what these were designed for.

I guess we will just have to wait for some pics :ninja:

whoever (or whomever) got that one is one lucky bastard.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Busy morning. I am spending waaaay more time in front of this thing than ever. A different kind of work. I am used to 'outside' which includes the shop so this is tough. Yea, sure Rick. Fuck you!
Anyway, we are getting more stuff up, little by little. I am adding the sleeve option to the RZs for older Zap stems at no extra charge. We also have the store configured to show "out of stock" automatically rather than my doing it manually which caused a problem or two last week.
We are always open to suggestions for website improvements and clarification from everybody. We will always consider any suggestions.
Now for some more fun. This process we are all having a hard time 'wrapping our minds around' (I really do not like that phrase) is just going to continue. Sorry about that. We have new ideas and old tried and true ideas coming hot and heavy. Here is the short list:

Wooden Stems. We are getting closer day by day. Oh we can make the stems alright. I have a few prototypes that are very nice. The challenge is to get everything consistent every time as we are matching wood to SS at the mouthpiece end. We want that part extra nice and always the same. We are talking tooling here, a solution that is just waiting for a few more special parts. We will have more news this coming week on the wood stems.

Wooden Stemholders are coming back. A different design, more like a deep cup rather than having individual stem holes at the top. Room for one or three or more stems. Wood stems will also fit these holders as will the Aroma Flower.

Wooden Med Boxes with rounded bottom cavity for easy straw technique step tip load. Nice snug lid but not too tight. Easy off so nothing gets spilled. These will all be well figured wood, again recycled from the waste wood pile. These will be round. Anything wood with a lid is called a 'box'.

Always ongoing will be different RZ 'lines' in an attempt to hone in on the favorites. We have another in the works already that will be fun for some.

The new RZs are very close to ready in 1/2 hr but longer is always better.

Out on a Limbs are not hot all all to hold. The nice turned shiny tops are warm but these by far are the coolest to hold. They are also the coolest to hold. Don't we love our English!

edit for:
I am also going to start a "Daily Special" that will go up every morning by 7 Pacific time. Not sure yet what that could involve but we will do our best to make it a super deal and always something different. I'll start that tomorrow or Monday.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
nice. accessories are always a good thing. more things to buy. I know mom will love this. :)

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rock On!
Log On!
Bark On! (wood bark)
Bark On! ( my pup wanted to say a word)
Right on, Rick... good show!

Vitolo,

kewpcer

@rick We need a duffer box. 75ml volume with a hole in the top the size of a stem tip, and a nice little stopper on a dongle. Maybe a small GonG stopper and a tapered hole. I don't know of anyone making these, and I'd pay 25 bucks for a plain locust one as soon as you get it built.

I can send you a GonG stopper to work with and work up a schematic for you. I know a picture is worth a thousand words.

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! :lol:

I want a stem, and a holder, and a box, and a....... I'm in soooo much trouble. :D

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! :lol:

I want a stem, and a holder, and a box, and a....... I'm in soooo much trouble. :D

knew you would be in.

look at your description name.

the ob,
Top Bottom