Arizer Solo 3

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Level 2 out of 5? And a lower number means lower temps correct? If so, those clouds looked tasty AF. You're pretty good at not coughing but you struggled through those hits 😂. Was it the terps not the temps?
Yea you get a ton of terps as it's heat soaking while you draw then the glass heat kicks in and punches it!:tup:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yea you get a ton of terps as it's heat soaking while you draw then the glass heat kicks in and punches it!:tup:
Nice! I wonder if they nailed the right conduction blend in most hits. I'm guessing playing with the heat soak or doing b2b bowls with a hot stem can give you different amounts of conduction to find the nicest blend.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Someone said the Solo 3 was an Arizer on steroids .....perfect description . I have a fondness for the Solo OG , I love to let it set for 5 minutes and let that heat sink in . Thanks to @Vitolo for that bit of advice . Then the Solo 2 came and it was smaller and quicker, but the quality of the vapor suffered, imho . The Solo 3 is a beast. The heat up time is short, the extraction has improved and avb is dark and even . I still let it set for a couple minutes to let it warm up and soak , old habits die hard :D. No need to, in fact I almost combusted:rofl:. The quality and taste of vapor is some of the best . The new XL stems are a gas, very fun stuff. This sucker really shines using water :clap:, nice thick ,milky ,vapor . So far, pretty happy with purchase.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just received mine and have it charging up! Takes forever to finish that last 4% 😒

Will do some burn offs and then hopefully off to the races 😛

Edit: It's been so long... how to register this thing? With the vendor? With Arizer... can't see how on their site.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just received mine and have it charging up! Takes forever to finish that last 4% 😒

Will do some burn offs and then hopefully off to the races 😛

Haha yeah it begins to trickle charge, which is good, because yes it would be ideal, after the first couple charges at least, to not charge it fully to 100% in general for longevity... Also would be ideal not to fully drain it, and recharge around 40% give or take? If you fully charge to only around 80% that would probably help it last longest, but you might get annoyed by less battery life during normal use...

I forgot to mention how actually unfortunate it is that the battery meter on the screen only shows you four bars, and they are not exactly 25% each in my experience looking at the bars and then plugging into charge... Would be better if there were more bars in the meter or more probably if it was just a percentage meter always

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Haha yeah it begins to trickle charge, which is good, because yes it would be ideal, after the first couple charges at least, to not charge it fully to 100% in general for longevity... Also would be ideal not to fully drain it, and recharge around 40% give or take? If you fully charge to only around 80% that would probably help it last longest, but you might get annoyed by less battery life during normal use...
Yeah I've read the same. Probably will treat the battery with kid gloves seeing as it's possibly not trivial to replace.
I forgot to mention how actually unfortunate it is that the battery meter on the screen only shows you four bars, and they are not exactly 25% each in my experience looking at the bars and then plugging into charge... Would be better if there were more bars in the meter or more probably if it was just a percentage meter always
Yeah I'm seeing that now. So there's no setting to get the percentage always displayed?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
I’ve notice on lvl 4 on demand that I really get one mind blowing hit. After that the residual vape taste burnt and combusted but it doesn’t combust. I found that level 3 on demand stretches the flower more with big vapor but the effects don’t quite hit it as it would on level 4

Bonesvapechi,
Reactions: bulllee

Shit Snacks

Yeah I've read the same. Probably will treat the battery with kid gloves seeing as it's possibly not trivial to replace.

Yeah as is common practice I let it sit fully charged, on the charger, for a while, hour or a few, before I used it the first time... Not sure if that really matters for the initial base charge, but I have kept that practice up for all batteries especially vapes when I can, I let the second charge go full as well, although I didn't let it sit full plugged in as long... Now I will try to keep it below 100 if I can consistently more around 95

Yeah I'm seeing that now. So there's no setting to get the percentage always displayed?

Nope, hopefully there will be a firmware update for future batches, also hoping they can add in additional lower temp settings for on demand mode personally

I’ve notice on lvl 4 on demand that I really get one mind blowing hit. After that the residual vape taste burnt and combusted but it doesn’t combust. I found that level 3 on demand stretches the flower more with big vapor but the effects don’t quite hit it as it would on level 4

Yeah that kind of describes how I felt about using level 3 honestly, so I don't even try above that lol on demand I would use level 1 the most, level 2 more through water, and level 3 only for a quicker one hitter really... Of course depends on the bowl and the load a bit too, Plus the technique for maximizing conduction or convection as well

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So...... Wow.

Had a very nice first bowl after a few burn offs. Grabbed the XL stem and straw loaded it but only about halfway. Tried the first session mode preset at 356F. After a 15sec heat soak I took a little draw and the taste was instantly a hit.

So pure and tasty and not at all hot on the throat. I have to say that the taste I experienced strikes me as almost better that my desktops! (Couchlog/DaBuddha baller) 😬😮

It's a first impression so I'm not yet convinced of this but overall a very positive first bowl. The airflow seemed perfect for me. A bit of restriction but really not much. I like a bit of restriction so it suits me fine and I can try custom non-glass screened stems if I need more airflow.

In fact, my grind wasn't coarse enough and the 5 holes let through a few scooby snacks. I think for the next bowl I'll either try a coarse grind or little nugs. I have a feeling little nugs is gonna taste delicious.

Shit Snacks

Tried the first session mode preset at 356F.

How do the presets work exactly? I haven't explored that at all in the manual and do not see them normally in the menu, perhaps they are in center button access like temp settings during on demand mode... Does it just go to one temp setting? Or does it do that SmartPath thing and temp step for you...??

In fact, my grind wasn't coarse enough and the 5 holes let through a few scooby snacks. I think for the next bowl I'll either try a coarse grind or little nugs. I have a feeling little nugs is gonna taste delicious.

Yeah this is a tricky thing, I find the extraction much better if I do a more fine grind, and then have to pack, so less might fall if it is used upright, and less might pull through when you inhale... I have stopped trying to straw suck loads, because that is the easiest way to just get a mouth full of herb particles wasted lol so I've only been using my Rogue scoop really to load and tamp... Doesn't matter if it's the regular stem or the XL as this is a typical problem and trade off with the glass honeycomb style screen stems... I did try some whole nug, and didn't find it too enjoyable, again however there are so many different ways to use this thing!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
How do the presets work exactly? I haven't explored that at all in the manual and do not see them normally in the menu, perhaps they are in center button access like temp settings during on demand mode... Does it just go to one temp setting? Or does it do that SmartPath thing and temp step for you...??
Nah, I kinda wish it had a smartpath thing but you can cycle through the presets manually. Just get into session mode and the double click left or right to cycle through the presets (you'll see a little I, II or III at the bottom to let you know which preset you're on. I haven't changed their values yet but should be easy enough. I think they default to 356, 392 and 428F
Yeah this is a tricky thing, I find the extraction much better if I do a more fine grind, and then have to pack, so less might fall if it is used upright, and less might pull through when you inhale... I have stopped trying to straw suck loads, because that is the easiest way to just get a mouth full of herb particles wasted lol
Learned that the hard way 😛. Generally to keep the oven clean I always load upside down and take the first couple of hits like that. Once the herb is vaped once or twice it'll usually stay in place.
so I've only been using my Rogue scoop really to load and tamp... Doesn't matter if it's the regular stem or the XL as this is a typical problem and trade off with the glass honeycomb style screen stems... I did try some whole nug, and didn't find it too enjoyable, again however there are so many different ways to use this thing!
Agreed! Haven't even tried on demand yet. I think a very coarse grind or little nuglets might work well to avoid scoobies. Maybe could also try a couple nugs close to the screen and then coarse grind the rest of the way or just see what it's like with a coarse metal screen added.

n0tu2

ngl the VAS is getting stronger with this one 👀 😆

Can the firmware be updated tho? I don't remember reading anything on that.. I don't think they have any firmware updates for any Arizer products on their site? maybe I missed it..

Never was a fan of straw/suck stem loading.. always got some snacks whether it be a dyna or any old regular stem. Always wondered about that method since raw plant matter could be getting sucked right up into your lungs.. What if there were spores or whatnot.. I get it if your using dispensary buds maybe its been tested and clean (not always the case even with dispos) but street stuff I wouldn't want to be inhaling raw unless I grew it myself.. just in case! after it warms up and has some time exposed to heat to kill any nasties, the better.. probably just my own personal peeve tho. Sorry if I ruined straw pack for anyone else now.. lol.

n0tu2,

Shit Snacks

Nah, I kinda wish it had a smartpath thing but you can cycle through the presets manually. Just get into session mode and the double click left or right to cycle through the presets (you'll see a little I, II or III at the bottom to let you know which preset you're on. I haven't changed their values yet but should be easy enough. I think they default to 356, 392 and 428F

Oh cool, still better than nothing I suppose! I'll have to try to change mine to 339, 350, 361 perhaps if I use them to temp step quicker...

Learned that the hard way 😛. Generally to keep the oven clean I always load upside down and take the first couple of hits like that. Once the herb is vaped once or twice it'll usually stay in place.

Haha yes always load upside down, and I too try to hit that way, classic gerbil style, but I try to be less ocd with mine than I am with other vapes (which I use only upside down completely lol) -- when I was loading the stock stem with my friend, I would pack tight, and then turn the stem over even shake it around to make sure there weren't any loose crumbs to fall even before loading in the solo or hitting it at all yet (there's also the ocd of vapor getting back up into the device that I try to ignore now lol)

Agreed! Haven't even tried on demand yet. I think a very coarse grind or little nuglets might work well to avoid scoobies. Maybe could also try a couple nugs close to the screen and then coarse grind the rest of the way or just see what it's like with a coarse metal screen added.

Yeah you'll have to experiment, sometimes it's just what I end up with, and the sessions are not as enjoyable here for me that way

Can the firmware be updated tho? I don't remember reading anything on that.. I don't think they have any firmware updates for any Arizer products on their site? maybe I missed it..

There has been nothing mentioned about a firmware update, and I do not think it is something you can do after the fact... So if you would like extra features, it might be a good idea to keep waiting, although we have heard nothing about them making any changes at all yet... Could be quite a while!

Never was a fan of straw/suck stem loading.. always got some snacks whether it be a dyna or any old regular stem. Always wondered about that method since raw plant matter could be getting sucked right up into your lungs.. What if there were spores or whatnot.. I get it if your using dispensary buds maybe it's been tested and clean (not always the case even with dispos) but street stuff I wouldn't want to be inhaling raw unless I grew it myself.. just in case! after it warms up and has some time exposed to heat to kill any nasties, the better.. probably just my own personal peeve tho. Sorry if I ruined straw pack for anyone else now.. lol.

I'm not sure, theoretically it's going in your throat, you are eating it, so that's a broader question if you are inhaling dust or particles in general, how big they have to be etc. Don't see much people talk about this concern too much, conceivably small particles could be bad, but that is a deeper discussion for its own thread probably (there may already be one somewhere)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bulllee

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think I might be getting somewhere with loading little nugs. I don't have a great coarse plate for grinding in my arsenal right now so I just tried flaking off little nug-lets from a whole nug and then loaded them into an XL stem. Tried it again at 356F testing out the first preset. Not much visible vapor but super tasty and terpy hits.

Once that taste started getting thin I went to the next preset which is 392F. Here the vapor started getting thicker and yet still remained very tasty. I honestly can't remember how many draws I took but it must have been about at least 15 for the session and the taste never got harsh or popcorn like.

Here's what the final roast looked like. Sorry for the focus.

Last edited:
I’ve also
I think I might be getting somewhere with loading little nugs. I don't have a great coarse plate for grinding in my arsenal right now so I just tried flaking off little nug-lets from a whole nug and then loaded them into an XL stem. Tried it again at 356F testing out the first preset. Not much visible vapor but super tasty and terpy hits.

Once that taste started getting thin I went to the next preset which is 392F. Here the vapor started getting thicker and yet still remained very tasty. I honestly can't remember how many draws I took but it must have been about at least 15 for the session and the taste never got harsh or popcorn like.

Here's what the final roast looked like. Sorry for the focus.
Ive also experimented with little bugs broken up by hand. I tamp it down a bit to avoid charring. I must say this is micro dosing dream

the solo 3 is strong… maybe a little too strong. The radiant heat is fucking intense. The chamber is much deeper and encompasses more of the stem. I’m really excited to see what third party stems will be available to compensate for the intense radiant heat and the cooling of the vapor. Taking a hit from the solo 3 and then coming to the TM2, the cooling is evident

Shit Snacks

Yeah it builds and retains heat, I'll shut it off and it will keep putting out vapor for a while

Shit Snacks,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just tried another bowl where I went back to my regular medium grind, light tamp and heat soaked in session mode at 372F for about 15sec before drawing. The heat soak coupled with gentle initial draws helps eliminate any scooby snacks.

I was looking for a session with thick tasty draws but nothing too hot and this temp delivered. I think it's safe to say now this vape is tastier for me than even my desktops. It must be the really short glass path that does all the magic. My desktop vapes use all-glass vapor paths as well but perhaps they're just longer? I know I parted ways with my OG Solo long ago but I don't remember this much taste?

I don't know what it is but I taste things I've only tasted previously when using vapes like the Vaponic or the Terpedo. The problem with them though was always that I never had fine temperature control. This magical thing solves all that. The heater is *very* capable from what I've seen so far.

I know it can already milk low temps well but I sometimes like a short, powerful session... but I don't want to sacrifice too much taste... it's a balance. I'll try to see if I can go lower than 372F and have the same experience.

Gawd, I can't wait to try some hash in this thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom