ARIZER SOLO 2 MAX

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
USB-C charging sucks, its one down point of the Lobo (up of the Solo II mach I) as for Improved airflow, stronger heater its up for debate, it looks exactly the same as the Solo II, I can't see it being anything but marginally improved, I'm aware of the other bells and whistles, nice but that's essentially what they are.

Germany just went legal...

It's a Gen 3 Heater (Advanced Rapid-Heating Ceramic Technology) lining it up with the other 3rd Generation Arizer portables released in 2022 and 2023. The Solo II MAX has the same upgraded heater (being pushed by two batteries in the hardwired pack) now in the Solo II shell that's been changed to plug a USB-C port in the back. It's a Solo II by looks, yes, until you spin it around and see the charge port.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: dimmusp

Blackbeen

USB port chargers are a fraction as durable as more traditional ones, my Lobo one is already flakey on the road to breaking after a few months whereas my Solo II is 3+ years old & is rock solid, what the idiots in the eurozone do is of no concern to me, just add that to list of bad choices that are way off topic here.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Improved airflow, stronger heater its up for debate, it looks exactly the same as the Solo II, I can't see it being anything but marginally improved

Anything is up for debate, however that info came from someone who has more substantive knowledge of the device... And the looks are actually all you know, which is only the surface... And you admit, marginal improvement, so whose to say what marginal means? I think any airflow improvement and any power improvement at all would in fact be marginal yes yet still clearly technically an improvement...

USB-C charging sucks, its one down point of the Lobo
my Lobo one is already flakey on the road to breaking after a few months
way off topic here.

Heed your own words here maybe? :peace:

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

USB charging was stated as perk, It isn't, that point was on topic, nothing I stated was hypocritical. 🙄

... in your opinion it isn't, based on your experience with a completely different product... And your experience with that product is sort of off topic as I said earlier here (many would probably consider the USB charging to be an improvement over any proprietary charger, I'm not sure that I agree, but I believe your negative experience with the port on the lobo has next to nothing to do with the solo max, for all you know it is actually implemented better, so irrelevant)

Shit Snacks,

Blackbeen

... in your opinion it isn't, based on your experience with a completely different product... And your experience with that product is sort of off topic as I said earlier here (many would probably consider the USB charging to be an improvement over any proprietary charger, I'm not sure that I agree, but I believe your negative experience with the port on the lobo has next to nothing to do with the solo max, for all you know it is actually implemented better, so irrelevant)
It's not just that device, it's many, phones, tablets, remotes so on... USB ports are just not that durable and are prone to break if you want to buy new device every year or less I guess that's fine but I prefer something a little more well made.

Shit Snacks

It's not just that device, it's many, phones, tablets, remotes so on... USB ports are just not that durable and are prone to break if you want to buy new device every year or less I guess that's fine but I prefer something a little more well made.

Yeah I think it is a better point more broadly, and I agree I think I prefer a proprietary plug in this case, but that's because I do believe it to be more reliable (I wouldn't mind having fixed batteries here and a dedicated charger personally for what it is to me) I've never had a USB port break on me this way however

Petetbay

Must be running a fever, I couldn’t wait til 420, I ordered the Solo 2 Max. I got a couple of discounts and figured it probably won’t get much cheaper for a while if you look how Air Max pricing went and 420 might get me another $10-20 off so decided to go for it. :bang:

Petetbay,
Reactions: HighTime

Petetbay

My Solo2 Max arrived and ran a couple bowls and was very impressed with the performance though it’s early I’m finding it hotter than Air Max or Solo 2. The stem oring on the bowl is pretty tight a lot more than the Air Max when new and my OG Solo 2 was looser than both. My brother has a early Solo 2 and you have to heat it up to insert even Arizer stems. It’s mainly after market/performance stems, but you can get them in cold just have to be careful, it should get better. I’ve been running my Arizers max temp lately and the Solo 2 Max was a lot harsher and turned it down to 400*F and was more pleasant. So far quite happy, I did see a couple error codes when plugging in the charger cable, but just replugged in, no problems and charged pretty fast was 10% on arrival.

Ok, so I'll fess up that I did look into the 420edc bundles and I've been wondering which of the newer glass stems is best to bundle with it? I still am leaning towards not picking it up, but that is a lot of kit for $200.

Moody

My Solo2 Max arrived and ran a couple bowls and was very impressed with the performance though it’s early I’m finding it hotter than Air Max or Solo 2. The stem oring on the bowl is pretty tight a lot more than the Air Max when new and my OG Solo 2 was looser than both. My brother has a early Solo 2 and you have to heat it up to insert even Arizer stems. It’s mainly after market/performance stems, but you can get them in cold just have to be careful, it should get better. I’ve been running my Arizers max temp lately and the Solo 2 Max was a lot harsher and turned it down to 400*F and was more pleasant. So far quite happy, I did see a couple error codes when plugging in the charger cable, but just replugged in, no problems and charged pretty fast was 10% on arrival.
Please keep us updated. I was planning on buying one very soon as well. I've read in a review that it seemed to run really hot as well. Does it seem abnormally warm/hot, as in, you cannot hold it? after how long and at what temp does it become "too hot"? thanks....

Moody,

Petetbay

I've read in a review that it seemed to run really hot as well. Does it seem abnormally warm/hot, as in, you cannot hold it? after how long and at what temp does it become "too hot"? thanks....
It runs hotter in the bowl and vapor, the device itself doesn’t get noticeable hot only warm, probably one of the coolest devices I own. The stems get very hot at the bowl end.

Moody

It runs hotter in the bowl and vapor, the device itself doesn’t get noticeable hot only warm, probably one of the coolest devices I own. The stems get very hot at the bowl end.
thanks for the quick reply. I'm def going to pick one of these up. I have a mighty+ now, my only vape. Not looking for something heavier than the mighty, just a backup that gives a really good session experience.

Moody,
Reactions: Petetbay

Durbandream

I had the Solo 2 and currently have the Air Max. I'd strongly suggest grabbing some domed stainless steel screens to use with this, they drastically improved the extraction speed and vapor production of those devices so I assume the same would be true here.

Durbandream,

Moody

Thanks for the tip. The order is in and I should have the Solo 2 Max in a few days. There aren't a lot of reviews here, so I'll post my experience once I take it for a few runs.

Moody

I use my solo II MAX with a bubbler and find the clouds really big.

I noticed Arizer is having a sale today but no discount on the Solo II MAX. D'oh. lol
I bought mine at aromatek. best price I found. Couldn't wait for the 420 sales lol. They provided tracking and 2-3 day shipping at no extra cost. I ordered late Tues and received confirmation with tracking on Weds. Now I just wait....

vaporent - yes, I use a smaller bong with my mighty+ and a whip. I'll use the same bong with the Solo 2 Max, but I'm going to try it every way before I share my opinion on it.

Moody,
Reactions: Petetbay

Moody

Last night I had the opportunity to take the Solo 2 Max for a number of runs with the straw and the WPA on my bong. I'm going to describe my experience/opinions on it. It is going to be long winded since I'm going to address a lot of the opinions others have made on reddit etc. Most of it will be in comparison to my Mighty+ since that is the only point of reference I have with electronic vapes.

Frequency/Tolerance: Typically once a day session in the evening. I may skip 1 or 2 nights a week to keep tolerance lower. Only one bowl during weeknights. On weekends I'll do 2-3 bowls a night usually (with Mighty+). This is always done through a whip/bong (dry).

Why Solo 2 Max? : I was set on a Venty for 420; however, in light of the recall, numerous returns by many, numerous complaints of Storz/Bickel not wanting to pay for the RMA delivery etc, I've lost any interest in it. So, I decided to try a couple different manufacturers. This Arizer and the Dynavap 2 for 1 deal, bought an Ispire heater also. I wanted a sipper first and foremost. No interest in any type of ball vape. I have pets and kids and low-mid tolerance. I don't want to up my tolerance and I prefer a session device. The solo 2 has great reviews and is considered by many as one of their favorites. I've seen a number of complaints that the Solo vape is weak or has weak hits? I had to find out for myself if this newer generation of the vape is as great as they say or as weak as the haters complain.

Usage/Performance: I had no problem pulling a good amount of vapor. No issue with loading the stem either. No need to use screen/backspacer etc. With as much complaining I've seen about getting product in your mouth through the stem holes, I expected problems. I had none. I lightly tamped as recommended and left the last 1 mm of the stem empty so as not to burn any product in the heater. I ran 3 bowls from the straw and 1 through the WPA. I was pretty medicated last night lol, and even then, I did not once get anything in my mouth. Nor was it too difficult to pull/draw vapor. Very similar airflow to Mighty+. When my mighty is cleaned and with a new screen, it probably has more airflow, but it isn't anything detracting from my experience with the Solo. I'm only mentioning it because it is a measuring factor I see in other reviews, not because this really stood out to me. Honestly, if I hadn't read about this before, I wouldn't have thought to mention it. It was really that minor to me. This is a large complaint by many people who do not like the Solo 2 vape and I don't understand it. The difference is pretty minor to me. To me, it sounds more like reaching for straws to find something to complain about, but I guess YMMV.

Extraction: I filled the stem, then emptied it and put it into my mighty capsule to see which device is using more product. It wouldn't be fair to say the mighty provides a better "high" if I'm consuming more weed because of a larger bowl, right? Obviously more THC of the same strain should provide a more intense experience. So the Solo 2 holds a little less material than the mighty capsule. The capsule was filled up to about 1 mm below the lip of the capsule. Not a hell of a lot less, but definitely less and possibly enough to provide a lesser high, depending on the product. But I used the same strain on the Solo that I used the previous night with my mighty. The Solo 2 got me just as polluted as the mighty. It was great. And I feel like I didn't need the same amount of product. Did the difference in bowl capacity provide a significant difference in high? not really, no. It provided the same high. In both nights it took about the same amount of time, etc. My perception was I did not need the same amount of material to get to the same place as the mighty took me. I think, in my opinion, based on one night, the Arizer actually extracts a little better. It could just be placebo/honeymoon phase or wishful thinking. It's close, but my observation is that the Arizer was able to do a little more with a little less material. I'll update again after a few weeks if my opinion/perception changes. Also, after my first bowl on the Arizer, I did not want to reach for the mighty. I was enjoying the flavor and the quality of vapor with the Solo more than my mighty. I was kinda surprised.

Flavor/Quality of Vapor: The Arizer is really transparent in the flavor. In the lower temps it is amazing how much of the plant you can taste. Hell, almost in all temps you can taste so much of the herb. It blew my mind. I really really REALLY enjoyed it. I get a good flavorful hit at first with the mighty too, however, the Arizer provided more, and it continued as I stepped up the temp. It didn't stop delivering really distinct terp flavors until I nuked it at higher temps closer to max (428F). With the mighty, the first couple hits are good and then the flavor goes away quick. It's not bad, it's just not flavorful. I also noticed no burning in the back of my throat with the Solo. I've read about the bickel tickle, but until now I just thought it was some minor complaint....it is very noticeably not there with the Arizer. That really surprised me.

So in summary, the Solo 2 Max is a lot better than I expected. Actually, if I had to pick between the two, I wouldn't even think twice. I'd pick the Solo. I like the Mighty, don't get me wrong, not hating on it, I just prefer the solo. Just like the mighty+, if you want to get through a bowl really quick, just use a bong. Cools the vapor enough to create big clouds and burn through the product fast.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully this helps someone make a decision later on.

Cheers!

(I took a pic of my rig along with the mighty+ as proof that I have these items, but not sure how to post it yet)

You need to post on an external image hosting site like imgur or imgbb and paste the link or better yet the BB code here to display the picture... Nice write up dude!
If you talk to Troy from 420VZ, he'd be happy to host this write up with some included pictures on his website.

Pinball-Vapes,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom