• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StillBiggerThanYou

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Argo from 420EDC... do you guys think i should wait until black friday or is the 154 usd bundle (hard case plus extra stem) the best i'll find?
I've bought 3 of them, and 2 came from 420EDC.

It's not cheaper, but you do get more bang for your buck there.

Highly recommend.

cosimo

So... i'm going to wait a bit more to buy one for me (not in a rush for one and my ;pd; covers me at home), but a grow-pal did go for the ArGo. He uses my old Ghost MV1 and was wondering how the ArGo would compare to it... i imagine the stock stem from the argo wont cool vapor as much as the Mv1's heatsink, but other than that it should deliver quality vapor right? any one have other input into how they'd compare? much appreciated

Last edited:
cosimo,
Reactions: BigJr48

jds

I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I've been happily using my ArGo almost daily for 2 years now. It's not my hardest hitter, but it's super reliable and a great device.

In all this time, this is what I noted:

Pros:
- Very stealthy and portable. Cannabis is legal where I live, so it doesn't matter too much, but people are still unable to tell I'm vaping cannabis if I'm using it around them outside. It's also easy to carry it in your pants or shirts pocket or anywhere on you because it's so tiny.
- Removeable battery, so you can swap on the go and not rely on charging.
- Easy to preload stems and bring a bunch with you.
- Session length is reasonable with my use. I can get a solid 8 to 10 minutes of sipping vapor out of each stem depending on bud quality.
- Heat up time has never been a problem for me. In summer, it heats up quick, in winter it can take a minute or two.

Cons:
- For a long time, I had difficulty attaining consistency, eventually I settled on a fine-medium grind, and sucking the herb into each stem like a straw.
- Hits are kind of harsh at higher temperatures (200-220C mainly).
- Airflow feels constricted compared to other vapes like the Arizer Air or Arizer Solo.

Likun

Are there any news on counterfeit / fake units?
I'm considering buying one of ebay at a quite good price but I've read about counterfeid Solo and Air... So just to be sure I'm wondering if same thing applies to the Argo?

DrJynx86

Anyone else having issues with the "clicky" buttons not clicking anymore? Mine still works but I really hated from the beginning that you need to do long presses to turn on and off, and now the + button is not clicking, and very sensible to touch, might stop working anytime and goodbye ArGo because nobody here can solder/desolder/fix motherboards.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
My wife had an argo for 3 years without any problems, but I had to buy her another one because the display stopped working. It still heats up but without a display it's hard to control. Now that she has another one I will try to repair it
She loves the Argo and I couldn't find a better alternative for her type of use

pop22

Are there any news on counterfeit / fake units?
I'm considering buying one of ebay at a quite good price but I've read about counterfeid Solo and Air... So just to be sure I'm wondering if same thing applies to the Argo?

Odd, I've not seen vapes on ebay in over a year, I believe they banned them because there were some many fakes.

pop22,
Reactions: Likun

cosimo

Odd, I've not seen vapes on ebay in over a year, I believe they banned them because there were some many fakes.

there are a few postings i can see but i do notice they are from sellers outside of the US... im not in yhe us so maybe tgat has to do with it?

cosimo,
Reactions: pop22

cosimo

well my argo is on its way! got it with an extra 8.8 mm 3d flow stem, extra battery, medium stash case... and all under 160 bucks! couldnt wait till black friday but it seemed like a fair price to calm my VAS.

and my friend already has his (just the argo) and gave me back my MV1... and comparing both he just misses the freeflow of the mv1 and the cool vapor, but flavorwise he finds them to be equal. I cant wait for mine... itll be a long week!

cosimo

My unit arrived earlier than expected. :brow: Unboxing the ArGo was very pleasant to my surprise... nice elegant packaging and plenty well-thought accessories included... even an Arizer sticker. I own a V-Tower, but it was second hand so I missed out on that brand new unboxing experience.... good job Arizer.

20210825-153829.jpg

Will be back with my observations on the performance of this vape... still have to do the burnoffs but I have batteries fully charged already!

cosimo

So... my intitial impressions after some testes yesterday are good, but i have to say I had this same experience as @jardri... BTW how are things now with your ArGo?

There is only one concern with my unit and it is a big one: Taste is still plasticky and silicone-ish. I kept doing burnoffs yesterday and most of it is gone but there is still some residual aftertaste and I think its because of the thermoplastic housing of the heater. Could any of you tell me how much time this bad taste lasts and if it goes away completely? I am extremely sensitive to this particular bad taste and with my Solo1 I dont recall any similar taste.

Also as a sidenote this device gets really hot! I mean alarmingly hot in the heater area. It may not injure but it sure is unconfortable if used in house. When i used it in the street the wind cooled it enough to be warm but not unconfortable.

IMO it does get quite hot at 180 C but my two friends' ArGos get just as hot so this was not a surprise for me and to be fair, for such a small unit it's not that bad, and seeing all the vents next to the heater gives peace of mind.

The taste issue was kind of expected from the start since both my friends' units smelled just as mine did after unboxing it and they warned me that that same smell would be present in the vapor during the first week or so of use, but they didn't clean their units or accesories before using them the first time and only did a couple of short burnoffs. I find most of this "new" smell comes from the pushtop and the bottom plastic part of the vape, and since the pushtop is not supossed to be in the airpath I'm not sure why this smell would come into the vapor unless it's just coming from the bottom plastic part of the vape which is were the air comes in from... and well... the smell was also present in the vapor of my ArGo, and while I wouldn't call it a bad taste (it's kinda sweet in my palate) it does get me a little worried because it lingers quite a long time in my mouth/throat. I drained a fully harged battery just doing burnoffs (220 C - 15 min cycles), then put in a new battery, set temp to 180C and used some of my blandest tasting herb which allows me to easily see foreign flavors. I didn't use the mesh screens in the tube, but did clean all the cleanable parts with alcohol and warm water and mild soap before using them. Still... both me and my gf immediately tasted that "new" smell from the pushtop and bottom part in the vapor.
I had my friends try my Argo after me and they immediatly recognized the smell and were like "yup, that's it, wait around a week for it to go away". The smell has diminished a little bit from yesterday to today, but it's still there. I have used my friends' units several times and they don't have any signs of that smell anymore, neither in the vapor nor when smelling the unit, so I hope it goes away faster in mine since was more disciplined than them with the burnoffs and cleaning prior to using it.

More observations to come...

Last edited:
cosimo,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
i have my argo 2 years and there is still a very little plastic taste. It doesnt stop me from using the unit but its noticeable

jardri,
  • Sad
Reactions: cosimo

cosimo

i have my argo 2 years and there is still a very little plastic taste. It doesnt stop me from using the unit but its noticeable
out of curiosity.... did yours come with a green battery or pink one?

cosimo,

cosimo

Ok, so far my ArGo has finally filled all the gaps my MV1 didn't as a portable and I'm pretty happy with it. The Mv1 still beats the ArGo in terms of flavor (just by a little) and cool vapor, but the argo is sooo much more practical in everyother sense that I think i won't use my MV1 ever again outside my home... and well the flavor in the ArGo is pretty darn good... just abit harsh vapor with the stock stems and flavor does goes away very quickly but there are no strange plastic or metalic flavors thta linger after the herbs' flavors are gone.
And in terms of the plastic flavors/smells... after draining the battery 4 more times with 15 minute sesision of burnoffs at max temp, the plastic flavor was gone, and after handling the device a few time to use it in the car, the plastic smell is very very faint when you smell the device up close.

Quick Q: how heat resistant are the plastic caps that you can put on the stems? Can I take out the stem from the vape right after finishing a session and put a cap on the hot end?

Last edited:
cosimo,
Reactions: DrJynx86

Seantagon

Ok, so far my ArGo has finally filled all the gaps my MV1 didn't as a portable and I'm pretty happy with it. The Mv1 still beats the ArGo in terms of flavor (just by a little) and cool vapor, but the argo is sooo much more practical in everyother sense that I think i won't use my MV1 ever again outside my home... and well the flavor in the ArGo is pretty darn good... just abit harsh vapor with the stock stems and flavor does goes away very quickly but there are no strange plastic or metalic flavors thta linger after the herbs' flavors are gone.
And in terms of the plastic flavors/smells... after draining the battery 4 more times with 15 minute sesision of burnoffs at max temp, the plastic flavor was gone, and after handling the device a few time to use it in the car, the plastic smell is very very faint when you smell the device up close.

Quick Q: how heat resistant are the plastic caps that you can put on the stems? Can I take out the stem from the vape right after finishing a session and put a cap on the hot end?
the Silicone caps go on the mouth part so that’s fine. I would be careful putting the stems back in the plastic tube too quickly after usage.

Had my Argo for just over 2 weeks now it’s great. My crafty died (3rd) so I wanted to try something different and cheaper while still being very portable. It is def a lol harsh on higher temps, but I got a sneaky Pete Argo spiked stem on the way can’t wait!

cosimo

Had my Argo for just over 2 weeks now it’s great. My crafty died (3rd) so I wanted to try something different and cheaper while still being very portable. It is def a lol harsh on higher temps, but I got a sneaky Pete Argo spiked stem on the way can’t wait!
IMO the only bad thing about SP stems is the carb hole, but those spiked stems really helo cool vapor down. if you find you prefer adpiked stem without a carb hole, check out 420EDC.

cosimo,

Seantagon

IMO the only bad thing about SP stems is the carb hole, but those spiked stems really helo cool vapor down. if you find you prefer adpiked stem without a carb hole, check out 420EDC.
Cool thanks, Ill keep that in mind if I end up not liking it. Seems the carb should help cooling the vapor even more, but I could see it being a slight annoyance.

Seantagon,
Reactions: cosimo

Seantagon

Cool thanks, Ill keep that in mind if I end up not liking it. Seems the carb should help cooling the vapor even more, but I could see it being a slight annoyance.
Havnt updated, but that stem is great! diffrence is night amd day especially at high temps. I wouldn’t carry it around on the go, but great for home usage.
I have fallen down the rabbit hole of custom stems and it’s a deep one! 😬

Robert-in-YEG

I saw this get posted on Reddit.

I’m definitely intrigued.
This is on my definitely maybe list. Today in Edmonton there is one at !49.

If this used the same glass tubes as my Arizer Solo II, and walk the 3 blocks to the store to pick it up. I wonder if Arizer has considered the impact that has on MY health. All they had to do was make the flavour stem the same size and I would have had a nice healthy walk to take. Six blocks; that's a lot of steps. Instead, I just sit in front of my computer, sipping away on some nice indica.

Arizer, please consider my health. Make your products so attractive and featured that it makes me go for a walk, when the unit is on sale.

Robert-in-YEG

“We can outsmart those dolphins. Don’t forget – we invented computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory hole, and the pudding cup.”
~Homer Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,
  • Haha
Reactions: pop22

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If this used the same glass tubes as my Arizer Solo II
Unfortunately, they use a different sized stem. I add a length of silicone tubing to increase the length, and I prefer the mouthfeel over glass.
Argo.gif

I add an old oil cartridge mouthpiece to Solo stems. I just prefer it: I'm weird that way.
Solo2.gif

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

Not sure how long this will last. The Argo wasn't on my list, but at that the price, I bought one.

arizer-argo-vape_2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom