• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air MAX

sickmanfraud

Do any of my fellow Air Max owners know the best way to use the Max to get a session when the battery is charging?

Do I unplug the unit, use it and then resume (or not) the charging? Or, do I use it plugged in?

I don't want to damage the unit or the 26650.

As far as improvements, I would like to see a digital readout of battery power rather than a slider. I would also endorse the suggestion to have a countdown timer for the sessions.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Do any of my fellow Air Max owners know the best way to use the Max to get a session when the battery is charging?

Do I unplug the unit, use it and then resume (or not) the charging? Or, do I use it plugged in?

As far as improvements, I would like to see a digital readout of battery power rather than a slider. I would also endorse the suggestion to have a countdown timer for the sessions.
Best to charge externally. Get a few spare batteries and you're always good to go!

Pukka

Using any battery device while charging (Pass-Through charging) isn't recommended. Nothing will kill a battery faster (except maybe a direct short 😇). Get several spare batteries, a battery case and a decent charger (<50 usd). It will increase your enjoyment exponentially.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pass-Through charging

To clarify, true pass through charging uses a special power adapter to bypass the battery and run directly off the outlet, what most vapes have like this one is just use while charging, which still relies on the battery for power, so you are actually draining it as it is trying to charge so that is what is going to shorten the overall battery life/longevity :tup:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Oh ,an,
Now it shows sold out there. I bought before on sunday, but it is not sent out :(
Maybe i do not get one !? and i cancled my order at Arizer.

Edit:
I phoned with the shop. They told me they never had it in stock. It was an mistake on their page. They are waiting too for first delivery like others shops in europe too. It tooks about 2 weeks they said. :(
Wow, it sucks hear that… You even contacted them via chat and were told they got it in stock. I truly hope they will make up for that… :(
That is not ok

cliffhanger1

Knows anybody if that shop has it really in stock ?
I cant speak france. And do they ship to germany ?
WOOW they said they have it in stock and they will ship it out today.
My order is out :rockon:
WTF was this a long way to order this Vape
For all europeans who will buy it, i think it is the first shop where it is in stock for now.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

Received my Max yesterday.
The device looks very high quality from the materials and it feels very good in the hand.
I think the airflow is very good and it produces thick dense vapour. I like the device.
The only flaw I could find is that I thought it produced darker ABV at 220 degrees celsius.
The ABV is even little brighter than from the Mighty fo example, which can only do 210 degrees celsius. both are hybrids.
Is the ABV darker from others or is this normal? I tried slow and fast draws

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

I think the vape is really great 👍, but somehow the ABV is a little too bright for me, which is reflected in the effect.
I tend to go for darker ABVs ( I got used to lighter ones from the Mighty ;) ).

Does anyone have experience with this stem here? Whether with the Solo or Arizer Air. It has slits in the glass at the bottom.
I wonder if this changes the air supply and thus possibly increases the vaporization.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think the vape is really great 👍, but somehow the ABV is a little too bright for me, which is reflected in the effect.
I tend to go for darker ABVs ( I got used to lighter ones from the Mighty ;) ).

Does anyone have experience with this stem here? Whether with the Solo or Arizer Air. It has slits in the glass at the bottom.
I wonder if this changes the air supply and thus possibly increases the vaporization.
Yeah they are called turbo stems.
pvhes-vortex-turbo-regular.png
parts-accessories-ed-s-tnt-arizer-air-wood-stem-2_576x.jpg

Btw there are also wood + metal stems that also have turbo slits. (Ed's Tnt)

Last edited:

ikbeneenidioot

I got my Air MAX vape a few days ago, has anyone else noticed that the USB-C port does not work with USB-C to USB-C cables (eg from a charger brick that can do fast charging or from a laptop) but only works with dumb charging bricks and/or USB-A to USB-C cables?

ikbeneenidioot,

sickmanfraud

I got my Air MAX vape a few days ago, has anyone else noticed that the USB-C port does not work with USB-C to USB-C cables (eg from a charger brick that can do fast charging or from a laptop) but only works with dumb charging bricks and/or USB-A to USB-C cables?

I noticed the same thing immediately. I had the same issue with an Android pad and even my phone so it didn't scare me at all. Plugs that my phone calls quick charge seem to be too "powerful" for the Max.

I think it is a protection for the MAX. My external charger is at the post office so I hope I won't need to use the USB C connection to charge for much longer. Just waiting for spare cells to land.

sickmanfraud,

ikbeneenidioot

I noticed the same thing immediately. I had the same issue with an Android pad and even my phone so it didn't scare me at all. Plugs that my phone calls quick charge seem to be too "powerful" for the Max.

I think it is a protection for the MAX. My external charger is at the post office so I hope I won't need to use the USB C connection to charge for much longer. Just waiting for spare cells to land.
I don't think it's protection because my USB-C powerbank won't even work. I think it's similar to this:

Or perhaps they did not put resistors there at all... I'll measure using my multimeter and let you know

Update: My multimeter measures an open circuit (there is no resistor connected)
Update 2: It seems one side has no connection, the other side has a good 5.1k resistance. Which means they probably fucked that part up :/

Last edited:
ikbeneenidioot,
Reactions: Sour Dream

cliffhanger1

After a few days i like my Max more and more.
It is now my most used device.
It produces very thick and dense vapor that not every vape can produce, and the vapor tastes very good.
At the moment i prefer conduction/convection Hybrids and this is a very strong great one.
My first Arizer portable Vape and I was not disappointed. :)
Edit:
The battery life is unbeatable anyway.

To the turbo stems i have to say that they draw me too much air and that the vaporisation is worse for me.

schenkadere

After a few days i like my Max more and more.
It is now my most used device.
It produces very thick and dense vapor that not every vape can produce, and the vapor tastes very good.
At the moment i prefer conduction/convection Hybrids and this is a very strong great one.
My first Arizer portable Vape and I was not disappointed. :)
Edit:
The battery life is unbeatable anyway.

To the turbo stems i have to say that they draw me too much air and that the vaporisation is worse for me.
I like the carbless 3D stems. I agree with you on the carb version, but you can always cover it.

pmthokku

Yeah they are called turbo stems.
pvhes-vortex-turbo-regular.png
parts-accessories-ed-s-tnt-arizer-air-wood-stem-2_576x.jpg

Btw there are also wood + metal stems that also have turbo slits. (Ed's Tnt)
I have the wooden one above.
Pros: larger bowl, won't break, fits natively into 14mm bong.
Cons: glass stem gives bigger clouds, metal is exposed and can burn you if you don't take care, this particular stem is also short and gives hotter vapour.

I only use this stem if i am taking my solo 2 with me to a party (can't trust people with glass).

cliffhanger1

Knows someone shops in EU for cheaper screens ( maybe 100 packs) that fit in the arizer or can tell me the diameter ? I have nothing to measure here..

cliffhanger1,

RastaPirate

Daily Medical, and I'm quite impressed. My comparison was the original Pax though, and I wasn't very happy with it. The glass airpath is very nice...for taste and cleaning. Straight tubes, and even dry tubes, to me, are still too warm for me. I like the mini bubbler on 420EDC, it works great for what it is.

I'm curious if anyone has used a GRAV chiller with the 14mm adapter included with the Max?

RastaPirate,

sickmanfraud

I agree 100%. I broke out a couple of PVHES stems and gongs from my og Solo. I figured the max is supposed to be a beast I will use the Turbo and I was ready to be impressed and I was not. Then I used the gong that came with the MAX and it was like a different vape.

I think the og turbo stems were for a time before the MAX. I guess that if I want to use a turbo stem or gong I will resist the urge.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

So...is it worth the price compared with their other offerings? It seems a bit steep, no?

Only you know your pocketbook and your vape situation. Arizer products are among the most reasonably priced vapes available. If you want or need the MAX now, you will pay more than you will on Black Friday.

If you are an occasional vaper, you may not need the replaceable batteries if you are a medical patient or the type of person who goes camping, hiking, or fishing the swappable batteries may interest you.

So...is it worth the price compared with their other offerings? It seems a bit steep, no?
I've been loving my device so far but I picked it up from POTV during their big 420 sale which was $199.99 with a $15 voucher for another order. Terrific deal and comparing to the Solo 2 I say it's worth the extra amount (especially if you plan to use it with a water pipe).
Without a sale I would hold off unless you literally have no other vape at the moment

schenkadere

I've been loving my device so far but I picked it up from POTV during their big 420 sale which was $199.99 with a $15 voucher for another order. Terrific deal and comparing to the Solo 2 I say it's worth the extra amount (especially if you plan to use it with a water pipe).
Without a sale I would hold off unless you literally have no other vape at the moment
I don’t really need anything but I like my Solo OG and would love to try this. It can’t be drastically different so it’s just a mild case of VAS.

Top Bottom