Apartment lease says no smoking. What’s the best dry herb vaporizer to get for two people?

Nina

"police officer moved in next door"
Yikes!!! I need a few minutes to calm down after I read that sentence. I think I'm going to save the air purifier so that I've got a nuclear option in the event of that alarming eventuality
(no offence intended to any police officers I know you're only doing your job)
What lovely neighborly people we all are, going to such lengths to avoid impinging upon others!😇

Greenleaf88

I've gotten alot of complaints that it even goes into hallways I don't smell it but these old ppl r hound dogs.

I got a doctor's note from my neurologist to shut everyone up j need to get high for medical reasons, out of respect cuz I am Canadian I don't get high outside to bother ppl.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Nah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are doing a job that forces you to commit an immoral act, then you are culpable if you continue to do that job. Cops can revolt and refuse to enforce cannabis laws. Strikes happen all the time for other reasons.

If you are a cop who still enforces these anti-cannabis laws, then you are definitely part of the problem. It's not like you can't find another job.

MyCollie

Nah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are doing a job that forces you to commit an immoral act, then you are culpable if you continue to do that job. Cops can revolt and refuse to enforce cannabis laws. Strikes happen all the time for other reasons.

If you are a cop who still enforces these anti-cannabis laws, then you are definitely part of the problem. It's not like you can't find another job.

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I remember reading a story about a kid who was accused of smoking or vaping weed in a hospital room in the oncology ward. The police arrived and I think it was ultimately determined that the odor was from another persons clothing.

But let’s say he was actually smoking or vaping in his room. He is putting the hospital staff in danger of losing their jobs if they don’t report him. Should he be doing that? Also, weed stinks and he could be bothering other patients who might not like the smell.

I was in the hospital getting chemo (I can tell you the drugs if you really want to know) and I asked the nurse about it and she said someone did that once and she had to report the guy. Why should she risk her job to cover for the guy? Isn’t he committing an immoral act too? While I have empathy for the guy I still would have kicked his ass to the curb for pulling something like that.

You’re not permitted to take your own medications into the hospital so why make an exception for weed?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I hear you @MyCollie but I really don't think @Ramahs was referring to hospital staff or smoking/vaping in a hospital :2c:

Everyone needs to be considerate of the people around them to some extent, and if you aren't in your own home, in private, or simply away from people you may bother, it is certainly the case imo.

The police defintely have a choice - they choose their career and to enforce the laws as they do. Nobody is forcing them.

:peace:

Ramahs

Yeah, a hospital saying that you can't do that in here is not what I'm talking about. The cops in your case weren't enforcing the laws against cannabis in general. They were enforcing the hospital's right to say that we don't allow you to do that in here (in our building).

For example, I would support the cops removing someone smoking cigarettes in the hospital as well, but I would not support them enforcing a law that says we're going to take you to jail for smoking cigarettes anytime, anywhere.

Nina

'Cops can revolt and refuse to enforce cannabis laws'
actually that's kind of what I meant....that there will be some decent ones who would exercise some discretion, however I am not well versed in these matters!
If we ever get legal cannabis in the UK I don't think I'm going to be vaping with the windows wide open in the winter cold just to keep the neighbours happy! Or is that bad, is the smell really that offensive??

Reez79

Ha the One is not that bad, like the Fury Edge (or is it like the Fury2) but session style conduction with hybrid convection and small battery/bowl.

It is easy, all HI work the same, all log vapes work the same, you load the stem as your bowl, steel mesh basket screens, then inhale as you place it on the heater (or if you are using like I do, with WPA, you will keep the stem upside down and turn the HI upside down to put on top as you inhale and then remove to clear as I described I think before?) There is a learning curve because pure convection on demand is pretty manual, it is you inhaling that is bringing hot air through the herbs and creating the vapor, so getting that down can take a bit of getting used to, but once you do it'll be easy!

No, like I said look at the thread, there are ways to buy it in America now, and Planet of the Vapes are probably going to be stocking it soon... Definitely better than the One, especially for your needs, but a log is overall superior if you are going to be using at home anyway imo

Oh yeah it really is not complicated, you don't have to use water, there are a lot of options for dry pieces, even just using a water piece without water in it, having the volume to fill with vapor, but a longer path with bends and turns, potentially other things to help provide more cooling... I also like turning the log upside down to put it on top of my bowl and removing to clear my hits, I never use it direct draw with the stem like a straw on top of the log, though I did when I first got my underdog way back when and my original HI... Honestly using through water is what helped me learn how to hit pure convection on demand properly, helps you get your airflow right, the draw, like I said that's the part that is manual since that is what is creating the vapor, your inhale...

Technically the X-Max will work the same, a little simpler perhaps with the regulated small form factor to just rip it inhaling, but yeah it's really the same technique involved!

Sticky brick is also on demand pure convection, but yeah the torch, that's why I did not recommend that style of vape for you...

Yeah these are going to all taste better and be much more efficient than your One, and they should be smoother as well... Having a larger pathway is going to smooth out the vapor a lot though in addition to having it be pure convection...

Vapor is not magic, you're still inhaling hot air, and there could be herb particles, if you are not filtering through something...
Anymore recommendations? That Alan guy has a waiting list. What was the sticky brick you was talking about? Also is the Xmax v3 pro enough for two high tolerance joint smokers?

Ramahs

Anymore recommendations? That Alan guy has a waiting list. What was the sticky brick you was talking about? Also is the Xmax v3 pro enough for two high tolerance joint smokers?

Sticky Brick is a fantastic butane powered vape (I love mine!), but it's completely manual and unregulated. This means that a split-second mistake can produce smoke and lasting smell. You probably want a regulated vape for your situation, to avoid accidental smelly combustion.

Ramahs,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I told you there is no wait list if you were just getting the cheapest option, bamboo standard core large HI, it's not instant order, but it's not on the wait list... Look at the portable section here, you will find the sticky brick and others, I'm not sure I would recommend it for you at all really... E Nano is like HI if that was too tough for you to get into... I don't know how to guage two high tolerance joint smokers but you could get two of them... You may want to increase your budget? skim through more threads?

MyCollie

I think the guys who are suggesting live resin carts are on to something, maybe those are available? They do make small amount of smell, but it dissipates very quickly.
I feel as though I’ve had luck with the carts, pods, and concentrates. I now use the concentrates in atomizer style vapes. I have a Sai, Sequoia, and a Boost Evo. Unlike a rig with a banger they’re somewhat sealed and I think that makes a difference. No complaints so far.

When I was living at my old place I’d use flower and go out on the balcony or porch area and sometimes I could hear windows close. I was on the board and cannabis odor came up twice at our executive session meetings. The first time was because people were hanging out in the entry way and courtyard passing blunts around and the second time another board member casually brought it up. She wasn’t really complaining and we just moved on to the next item on the agenda without any further discussion.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:) If you are looking for something to mask the smell, check out vaportek or similar. I've never had problems with smell ,but i also use very little ammounts and i do i blow trough the window. My city has one of the worst air qualites in the world ,doubt it anyone would be bothered too much even if it is noticed.
Then there is this dude ,who is a heavy smoker and has complaining neighbours, recommends a product called Vaportek :lol: ,says havent got a single complain after he started using it, there are probably alternative brands but it is some kind of disc system, i find it smells pretty fresh too,he has lemony aroma it is not annoying in any way,i think there are also alternative aromas.

Abysmal Vapor,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"police officer moved in next door"
Yikes!!! I need a few minutes to calm down after I read that sentence. I think I'm going to save the air purifier so that I've got a nuclear option in the event of that alarming eventuality
What lovely neighborly people we all are, going to such lengths to avoid impinging upon others!😇

Actually he's a nice guy, never hassled anyone.
From what I've been told, cops tend not to act cop-like in their homes or apt buildings.
They tend to not take it home with them.
My guess is if it's in their face they have no choice but to do their jobs.
Yet I know a young fellow who for kicks likes to pass the local precinct smoking a joint,
with 2 cops always standing outside.
He nods they nod.
I could never do that. At least with a joint.
Hypothetically speaking of course.
However I do that all the time also, without provocative or bragging rights intent, with my POTV ONE.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just order a V3 Pro already. You've had a boatload of responses and the more expensive options will still be there if you decide the V3 can't keep up.

Coupon code "cloud" for 10% off

The short list of trustworthy 18650 battery stores:

And sure: if having a log vape running all day isn't too indiscreet for your apartment then go for an iHeat. Logs are only a heater so keep in mind that you still need to choose your vapor path: glass stem, bubbler, etc. Running a log through water will be the easiest way to cool and condition the vapor for the lowest coughing risk. All that to say don't judge the log vape as a harsh hit if you're only hitting it with a straight glass or wooden stem.

The other thing to note about logs and plug-in vapes generally is that they're super slow to adjust temps so mostly they get used at one setting. You can learn about temp stepping with the V3 Pro and get familiar with on demand convection. It brings a lot to the table for $108 shipped.

hinglemccringleberry

I've gotten alot of complaints that it even goes into hallways I don't smell it but these old ppl r hound dogs.

I got a doctor's note from my neurologist to shut everyone up j need to get high for medical reasons, out of respect cuz I am Canadian I don't get high outside to bother ppl.
IME, the only way for a cannabis user to ensure their house doesn't smell like cannabis , is to follow a few principles:
1) it's not just the vapor... Your stash is responsible for stinking the place up.
So not only must you store the bud in smell free mason jars or containers, but any grinding, any opening of jars, has to happen outside.
Wash hands after weed handling.
2) smoke buddy devices don't work. Sure they reduce the smell, but the only way to prevent smell 100% is to not vape inside at all and not have weed outside of a smell proof container while inside.
It sucks but being a Nazi about it is the only way to fly under the radar of someone with a sensitive sense of smell.
I've had a stash jar open in my room long enough to load a bowl and then I put everything away into my smell proof equipment, turned fans on, open windows, and 10 minutes later my girl comes home and comments on the weed smell. If you so much as handle weed and then touch surfaces without washing hands, you will give your place s subtle smell of weed.
3) your breath will ruin your cover even when when all the above bases are covered. If you take hits, even if it's outside, your breath will stink up a room if you walk back inside immediately after vaping. This is another reason smoke buddies arent very effective. Theyre only addressing one part of the problem.. weed breath from vapor is no different than the breath of smokers, it's just not as offensive or long lasting. If you taste weed, other people are smelling it. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

vapeape77

IME, the only way for a cannabis user to ensure their house doesn't smell like cannabis , is to follow a few principles:
1) it's not just the vapor... Your stash is responsible for stinking the place up.
So not only must you store the bud in smell free mason jars or containers, but any grinding, any opening of jars, has to happen outside.
Wash hands after weed handling.
2) smoke buddy devices don't work. Sure they reduce the smell, but the only way to prevent smell 100% is to not vape inside at all and not have weed outside of a smell proof container while inside.
It sucks but being a Nazi about it is the only way to fly under the radar of someone with a sensitive sense of smell.
I've had a stash jar open in my room long enough to load a bowl and then I put everything away into my smell proof equipment, turned fans on, open windows, and 10 minutes later my girl comes home and comments on the weed smell. If you so much as handle weed and then touch surfaces without washing hands, you will give your place s subtle smell of weed.
3) your breath will ruin your cover even when when all the above bases are covered. If you take hits, even if it's outside, your breath will stink up a room if you walk back inside immediately after vaping. This is another reason smoke buddies arent very effective. Theyre only addressing one part of the problem.. weed breath from vapor is no different than the breath of smokers, it's just not as offensive or long lasting. If you taste weed, other people are smelling it. Ask me how I know.
Lol you get arrested or something?

vapeape77,
  • Haha
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ramahs

Yeah. Just like if you don't want trouble at work over being stoned, then You should never have came to work not stoned (including your interview), otherwise they could easily recognize the difference.

vapeape77

Yeah. Just like if you don't want trouble at work over being stoned, then You should never have came to work not stoned (including your interview), otherwise they could easily recognize the difference.
but but…. the drug test

More recently when around family that don’t approve, lol I tell em to fuck off, its CBD hemp flower for pain.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
the Xmax V3 Pro will be available shortly and that's likely the sweet spot for a hundred dollar portable

For home use you'd likely enjoy a Sticky Brick too, just because they are incredibly fast. The Runt adapts to water pieces well
Two things I wanted to comment on here from personal experience:

a) I didn't like a previous Xmax product, have had some weird online interactions with their reps and/or users, and don't recommend them. Your experience may vary. *

b) The Runt is great. *

* edited: apparently, I inappropriately expressed displeasure with Xmax products and went a step or two too far. You may love them! Not my thing, and not meaning to be divisive.

* 2nd edit: mostly, my comment was off-topic.

Last edited:
DRCousCous,

Shit Snacks

Two things I wanted to comment on here from personal experience:

a) I've been super unimpressed with Xmax products. I'd probably roll a joint with a $100 bill rather than give that company more of my money, although YEMV. I had the v2, and it was dirty, hard to clean, horrible flavor, and just... I literally can't think of anything it could do better or more conveniently than a vapcap (and I don't use my vapcaps very often

Okay but you're talking about X-Max V2pro and we are all talking about the V3pro... It is not at all the same, the design is totally different, it is no longer ceramic tube oven session conduction, it is a steel chamber with pure convection on demand... Still nothing like the vap cap either lol we all would agree that session conduction is a horrible idea in this case especially and that the old standard ceramic chamber oven session conduction is nothing to write home about and most of us moved on from that...

I'm not sure what the (specific) vape solution is for the OP, but I'm voting yes on a Runt (for pretty much any circumstances) and no on any Xmax products (until I see something better than knockoffs of other company's products that fall apart in six months of regular medical usage).

X-Max does not knock off anything from other companies, also many people find them to be very reliable, nothing falling apart... Again we're talking about a different new product from them that you seem to know nothing about?? I mean if you think the company is knocking shit off then I don't think you know much about them either...

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
X-Max does not knock off anything from other companies, also many people find them to be very reliable, nothing falling apart... Again we're talking about a different new product from them that you seem to know nothing about?? I mean if you think the company is knocking shit off then I don't think you know much about them either...
Hey, I genuinely didn't intend to offend you. *

Glad you enjoy Xmax products!

*edit: more I think about it, the more I realize my comments were just off-topic. Have a good one

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hey, I genuinely didn't intend to offend you. And you're right, I probably don't know as much as you about the company, their products, or maybe even vapes (I do know the difference between C & C, pretty basic). I was just super unimpressed with my previous purchase and won't be buying any more of their products. The product of theirs I purchased was not defective, I didn't like it, and

Dude no worries at all, sorry if I came off as harsh or attacking you, likewise no offense intended at all, I just had to correct you! You're fine, I don't like those either, they don't even send me them anymore because I told them they're just not for me lol

seemed like one of several knockoffs of well-known portable conduction vaporizers on the market at the time of my purchase.

So I think this is where you are confused, Topgreen (xmax) sells products to other companies, who rebranded with their own logos and such (like vapefiend's storm) so there is no knocking off going on... Rebranding is something different, but if you are talking about, the fact that designs might look similar or the basic session conduction function is knocking off something like pax or davinci, well that also doesn't make sense so I'm not sure exactly what well known portable conduction vaporizer brands you think they are knocking off...?

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong on that since you seem pretty knowledgeable and convincing. If what I purchased was an original design, concept, and execution, I'm still unimpressed and didn't enjoy the product. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Glad you enjoy them!

Thanks, yeah again I think all session conduction is pretty unimpressive, and especially the Chinese ones are pretty unenjoyable to me as well and I gave up on them long ago!

My point is, xmax v3pro is world's better from those, if you check out the thread here you will see, but also the xvape fog was more of a hybrid convection that was similarly better than the ceramic oven session conduction of the v2pro starry aria avant etc... Topgreen are a solid Chinese company, despite and plenty of lackluster products, or worse rather, the fact remains that the xmax v3pro is a very good vaporizer on its own, I think it's pretty unfortunate that shows that name for it honestly, they thought it would bring positive connotation, clearly it can also bring negative! I totally would have called it something else haha

Top Bottom