Apartment lease says no smoking. What’s the best dry herb vaporizer to get for two people?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So the folks who use air purifiers, especially with carbon filters or ONA gel, are you able to just let 'er rip without any smell escaping the room/house?

This might be something I need to look into. The area where I live in Florida seems totally unserviced by any city or county. So each individual community is ruled by a HOA. And it's sort of like a libertarian paradise, where every service I've grown to expect from a city is privatized. Trash, water, power, and even police to a certain extent. And they're all worse than any city provided service I've experienced in the past.

Anyway... my HOA is considering a rule that forbids cannabis smoking outdoors. Because it can waft into the neighbors backyards/homes. This is worrying because the HOA can more or less evict me from my home if I run afoul of their rules. I think this is likely illegal, but I'd like to get ahead of the situation.

So TL;DR, how effective are relatively small air purifiers at killing weed vapor?
They work fantastically if you blow directly into the AP.
But as others have mentioned, smells don’t just come from the vapor - you will still need to make sure to keep buds in airtight containers, etc.
And if you have a very smelly session vapor (I.e. Pax, Crafty) you need to be mindful of escaping vapor.

When I am using an on-demand vape and blow directly into my AP, and then put paraphernalia in smell proof case, I can have people walk in a few minutes later and not notice anything.

Robert-in-YEG

I live in a townhouse, and ended up vaping cannabis, instead of smoking.

From my experience, I would say that yes vaping smells, but a lot less than smoked tobacco or weed. That said, unless someone knows what vaped cannabis smells like, they probably won't recognize it. The odor dissipates quicky, so a bit of aerosol air freshener cleans things up quite nicely.

That said, no matter how discreet I am, my wife always knows. I don't know what it is. I can have the windows open; I can go for a walk with the dog, I can go clean the garage, and yet she knows I've been vaping weed. You can't lie to a woman; they always know.

Landlords are often like women. While you can try to cover up the smell, exercise extreme caution, there are no guarantees.

Robert-in-YEG

"I used to live in a two-room apartment
Neighbors knocking on my wall
Times were hard, I don't want to knock it
I don't miss it much at all"
~ Tom Petty

vonfatman

while figuring this all out....be sure to consider the bathroom as a place to vape or burn...keep the fan on....i doubt anyone will notice vaping
as the scent goes up into the attic / out the vents in the roof.

also works on the road when in a motel and you do not want to step outside.

it used to work on airliners too! those were the days....a dugout, a pinch hitter and brickweed.

vonfatman,
Reactions: florduh

Cannabiker

it used to work on airliners too! those were the days....a dugout, a pinch hitter and brickweed.
It still does--you just have to use the right vent. Open the drain on the sink in the bathroom, and you'll hear the roar of a 700 mph venturi effect as the low pressure outside tries to pull the interior of the plane through the drain hole. It will remove all evidence.

OrsonWhales

Just to clarify, I was talking about a bong sized glass piece or a j-hook. I don't like those small sipper bubblers.

If you're vaping throughout the day (tolerance etc.) having something plugged in that doesn't need to be charged is convenient; not discreet though since it'll be sitting there like a headless lamp.

For heavier use something with a glass vapor path and swappable stems lets you enjoy flavor without as much clogging and cleaning. For example I use a Tinymight with a j-hook or a Splinter Z (now discontinued) with one of several cooling stems.

PXL-20210925-125924229-PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm not the biggest water user. Still, I'd expect that would be a less irritating option for your wife if it wasn't too inconvenient for your setup.
Where did you get that cooling stem? Also is that 18mm? TIA

OrsonWhales,
Top Bottom