Anvil by Vestratto

Yea I read that...not sure I would try that but for sure the condenser and screen cleaning ritual has been a bitch for me....wish that Vestratto had come out with the screen removal tool that they first claimed they would...my guess they could not come up with a suitable design...and you can't get q-tips in the condenser...cant capture reclaim from it..at least I dont know how...
So you use the condenser without a screen? And you pre-heat oven then screw in a cold bowl?
Not a perfect job but you can order some metal rod from amazon for around 5 or 10 $

Im not sure the exact diameter of the vestratto stem so can't give you the exact reference.

I know with the USA i do a 1st clean with the rod and vape the reclaim with the simrell warhead.

Dipping q tips in ISO than rolling it in your finger make them small enough to fit in the USA condenser. You can also remove just a little bit of cotton.

I remove the screen with a dentist tool that I purchased at a dollar store. Or you can push it out with the metal rod but that will push the reclaim in the screen wich is not a good idea

Roffa

Be careful, I don’t know how the thermocore handles it, but I had tried doing the pre-heating the oven thing with the og anvil, and it actually got the bowl stuck in the oven, and messed with the timing of the clicks
My solution is/was to not screw in the bowl all the way. Although my thermocore is fine and doesn't need that.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Hey guys hope all is well!

Just wanted to touch base and let you guys know that pre-orders for ThermoCore ovens is live right now (3-4 week delivery) although it could be sooner and will be shipped on a first in first out basis.
There is also a new Titanium screen kit being introduced in the coming weeks.

I more meant pre heating the oven without the bowl in it. I believe it helps the threads expand, and when you insert the cold bowl could potentially cause issues. Maybe it’s fixed with the thermocore just giving a caution of my own experience having clicks uncalibrated and a stuck bowl
When pre heating the oven i would recommend to not screw the herb chamber snug, try backing it off a tad and she wont lock up on you. This is what i do when i do the cold start method for a pure convection hit. The same thing would happen with my sublimator if i put a hot head on the cold atomizer...she just thermal locks on ya.

Jojofernz

My solution is/was to not screw in the bowl all the way. Although my thermocore is fine and doesn't need that.
Sounds good I only tried it that once and kinda more did it by accident haha. Just screwed bowl in as normal as I realized I was heating without the bowl. Luckily repeating the same thing somehow got the clicks to sort of recalibrate

Can’t wait to try a thermocore!

Comfortably Numb

Not a perfect job but you can order some metal rod from amazon for around 5 or 10 $

Im not sure the exact diameter of the vestratto stem so can't give you the exact reference.

I know with the USA i do a 1st clean with the rod and vape the reclaim with the simrell warhead.

Dipping q tips in ISO than rolling it in your finger make them small enough to fit in the USA condenser. You can also remove just a little bit of cotton.

I remove the screen with a dentist tool that I purchased at a dollar store. Or you can push it out with the metal rod but that will push the reclaim in the screen wich is not a good idea
TY...so you remove the screen from the condenser with a dentist tool? Do you have a pic or link to that tool? I guess you are using the small slot in the middle of the screen.... I have drill bits I use to push screen out presently...

Comfortably Numb,
TY...so you remove the screen from the condenser with a dentist tool? Do you have a pic or link to that tool? I guess you are using the small slot in the middle of the screen.... I have drill bits I use to push screen out presently...
just a simple dentist hook in the hole in the middle of the screen

Jenny.2.play,

SillyNotMe

I have a simple cleaning system that allows me to collect reclaim. I have a small plastic bottle that will fit all my condenser, stem, XL mouthpiece and two spirals. I keep food grade ethanol in there at approximately one eighth of the volume. Enough liquid that it will slosh around if I shake it but not so much that it will pour out when I tip it sideways to get the parts out. (This will make sense momentarily.) My tools are a pipe cleaner, cotton swab and a bamboo skewer. A small container for the reclaim/anvil hash/nightmare fuel.

When there’s time, I take all parts and put them in the container and leave it to soak with an infrequent shake. The bamboo skewer can be used to push down through a clogged condenser to push out the screen. The skewer can sharpened to scratch out reclaim that collects in the condenser behind the screen. The spirals can be scraped too. The skewer is also very handy to reach into the container and carefully remove the individual pieces. Like removing a ship from a bottle. When there’s little time, the soak doesn’t have a chance to soak and the scraping is more of a scrape than a wipe. I keep a spare screen in the cleaning container so it’s a quick wipe for a fresh one.

The dark brown liquid with whatever little chunks fall into the bottom of the container can be poured out into the reclaim container. The food grade ethanol will evaporate and now you have a jar of boof.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have a simple cleaning system that allows me to collect reclaim. I have a small plastic bottle that will fit all my condenser, stem, XL mouthpiece and two spirals. I keep food grade ethanol in there at approximately one eighth of the volume. Enough liquid that it will slosh around if I shake it but not so much that it will pour out when I tip it sideways to get the parts out. (This will make sense momentarily.) My tools are a pipe cleaner, cotton swab and a bamboo skewer. A small container for the reclaim/anvil hash/nightmare fuel.

When there’s time, I take all parts and put them in the container and leave it to soak with an infrequent shake. The bamboo skewer can be used to push down through a clogged condenser to push out the screen. The skewer can sharpened to scratch out reclaim that collects in the condenser behind the screen. The spirals can be scraped too. The skewer is also very handy to reach into the container and carefully remove the individual pieces. Like removing a ship from a bottle. When there’s little time, the soak doesn’t have a chance to soak and the scraping is more of a scrape than a wipe. I keep a spare screen in the cleaning container so it’s a quick wipe for a fresh one.

The dark brown liquid with whatever little chunks fall into the bottom of the container can be poured out into the reclaim container. The food grade ethanol will evaporate and now you have a jar of boof.
Nice.

Guess you could also take a bit of that food grade ethanol with the reclaim dissolved in it and add it sparingly to mixed drinks. Alcoholic weed beverages?

TigoleBitties,
hi guys...anyone had the chance to try more the thermocore with Wand and have some more to share?...how long will heat up till second click?there's any difference in heating time with different bowl?do you feel that, while might still work, you are pushing the wand too much or can handle it well?It can RTL like a torch?sorry for many question....
I saw few pages back somebody mentioned that it was working and I would like to understand the extend of this as I'm looking for a IH that work with both anvil and tempest...the forge looks like a beast but isn't portable for me and that is important for my requires...planning to get a sense whenever will be ready, so I'm looking for the cheapest good alternative available...thanks everyone!🙌

salentoreggaesea91,

Roffa

In any case: pre-heat, to make full use of the oven's mass. That means: give it sufficient time to heat up. You want a good start temperature, so that you only need to give it a little boost until it clicks. The first heat up takes longer than a torch, but as soon as it's hot enough you can start riding the energy. If you let it cool entirely, pre-heat again to bring it up to temperature.

Comfortably Numb

Metal hook? Or the throwaway plastic tools for flossing or cleaning
Reason I asked I remember a workup of a screen removal tool made from plastic...looked like it worked like a toggle bolt...pop thru the slot in middle and plastic wings that pop open...

If Vestratto is offering a new screen kit as Whiff said..maybe there will be a tool...in meantime I will look for a metal pick as I have been meaning to get one

Comfortably Numb,
In any case: pre-heat, to make full use of the oven's mass. That means: give it sufficient time to heat up. You want a good start temperature, so that you only need to give it a little boost until it clicks. The first heat up takes longer than a torch, but as soon as it's hot enough you can start riding the energy. If you let it cool entirely, pre-heat again to bring it up to temperature.
Interesting, I have the complete opposite heating strategy, I put my anvil in a heatsink while I reload my bowl. That's the techniq I developed with my duracore and I combust maybee once every 300 bowls ( ride the line with a torch)

I received my thermocore last monday but didn't tryed it yet. It look so slick that I dont want to use torch on it, waiting for the forge or other proper IH.

Reason I asked I remember a workup of a screen removal tool made from plastic...looked like it worked like a toggle bolt...pop thru the slot in middle and plastic wings that pop open...

If Vestratto is offering a new screen kit as Whiff said..maybe there will be a tool...in meantime I will look for a metal pick as I have been meaning to get one
Metal hook

Interesting, I have the complete opposite heating strategy, I put my anvil in a heatsink while I reload my bowl. That's the techniq I developed with my duracore and I combust maybee once every 300 bowls ( ride the line with a torch)

I received my thermocore last monday but didn't tryed it yet. It look so slick that I dont want to use torch on it, waiting for the forge or other proper IH.
I remember before I had the heat sink I use to combust alot

Comfortably Numb

Still playing around with your method with both torch and wand....still dialing the wand in but pre-heating works well...

Roffa

I more meant pre heating the oven without the bowl in it. I believe it helps the threads expand, and when you insert the cold bowl could potentially cause issues. Maybe it’s fixed with the thermocore just giving a caution of my own experience having clicks uncalibrated and a stuck bowl
I had this issue with the og oven, but not the thermocore. Just don't screw in the bowl all the way if you want to be sure.

blahzo

hi everyone. looking to buy an anvil setup ideal for travel/camping/road trips etc. need something non-battery, and this seems to be the king right now.

I am going to use lighter a lot of the time, but the Forge as well, when it is available.

I will be using it natively a majority of the time, but through water every now and then as well.

My 2 biggest things are:

1) having it be consistently smooth/flavorful while native... which from what I am reading, that is very possible with the right torch size/where you focus your flame etc.

2) having it be easy to clean as possible (maybe more so: with as little frequency as possible).

So I guess what I am trying to decide is, do I just buy the full default setup + XL mouthpiece?

Or do I buy just the oven+USA, and buy an aftermarket stem (I have a few dynavap stems, too, nothing fancy though)?

Curious what everyone thinks!

Cost not too much of an issue - I want this to be spot on and last "forever" - but keeping cost down is always welcome, regardless.

Last edited:

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Cost not too much of an issue - I want this to be spot on and last "forever" - but keeping cost down is always welcome, regardless.
IMO -

1) having it be consistently smooth/flavorful while native... which from what I am reading, that is very possible with the right torch size/where you focus your flame etc.

2) having it be easy to clean as possible (maybe more so: with as little frequency as possible).

1) What you are reading is correct, once you dial in the flame size and where you are aiming it (minus any environmental factors), it will hit consistently like that from my experience. This is the true beauty of the anvil, no guessing games, just perfect hits to YOUR preference! It is what finally got me away from combustion after trying a few other solutions.

My go-to late night hit is a Ronxs torch, inner blue flame the length of the oven, pointed right at the bottom edge of the thermal battery until both clicks. This one doesn't preserve the flavour as much, but will kick your ass.

For more flavourful hits, I aim for the middle of the oven while dialing the flame size down just a notch. Then you can finish it off with a second heat cycle if you are greedy like me, just be careful to not overheat it when the herb is already half vaped, it is more susceptible to combustion in that drier state but as long as you keep the flame size under control and don't go over the click you won't combust.

2) I clean my anvils once a week with an ISO bath and qtips, but I feel like that is not necessary. The design of the anvil allows reclaim to flow through the device and sometimes out of the bottom of the mouthpiece, a quick q tip/rinse of that reclaim in the mouthpiece is really all it needs to keep chugging, the screens never clog unless you over fill the bowl. IMO - This is one of the simplest vapes to maintain. I knew someone who ran the anvil for months and months on end daily with no cleaning and it was still ripping.

do I just buy the full default setup + XL mouthpiece?

Or do I buy just the oven+USA
If cost is no issue, I do see benefit in owning both (I own both). They both offer "different" experiences. Both will last on this earth longer than me so I figure the "forever" requirement won't be a problem :rockon:

The native setup provides the perfect cigar/joint like puffing experience with the XL mouthpiece for MTL puffs. It can and will still rip in one long draw, but...

The USA provides better airflow making large lung busting single hit extractions easier on the lungs, but the MTL hits feel less satisfying than on the native anvil.

Save yourself the VAS and shipping and get both :sherlock: I would even say that once you try it you may want another oven to stop having to swap between them like I did but perhaps that is a little overboard :rofl:

Edit: on the go.. the Vestratto travel case will be your best friend. Its a good place to store the hot anvil safely while its cooling down while camping

Last edited:

coolbreeze

hi everyone. looking to buy an anvil setup ideal for travel/camping/road trips etc. need something non-battery, and this seems to be the king right now.

I am going to use lighter a lot of the time, but the Forge as well, when it is available.

I will be using it natively a majority of the time, but through water every now and then as well.

My 2 biggest things are:

So I guess what I am trying to decide is, do I just buy the full default setup + XL mouthpiece?

Or do I buy just the oven+USA, and buy an aftermarket stem (I have a few dynavap stems, too, nothing fancy though)?

Curious what everyone thinks!

I never used my Anvil native--always run it through water--but I recently got a Thermacore and USA and it's fantastic native if you have sufficient cooling. I use mine with a Dynavap Turbo Twist and it's really pretty good. You could also get a glass DV WPA and run it through a dimpled j-hook, taking advantage of the open airflow (I don't find the Anvil too restricted for water, tbf).

With the regular oven I heat with a large Eagle torch turned all the way up and pointed at the battery for perfect deep brown roast and a single-hit blast. The Thermacore I heat with a large Eagle at max pointed at the gap/ring above the battery for a deep, full, single-heat roast. You get a whole bunch of MTL hits with good flavor and lots of vapor.

I don't use mine daily but the only time I've needed to clean them was after the rare overheating incident.

Last edited:

blahzo

Thanks for the help everyone!

"The design of the anvil allows reclaim to flow through the device and sometimes out of the bottom of the mouthpiece"

I uh... I might sound crazy, but that actually sounds like a turnoff for me :lol:

Appreciate that info... I mean, how bad is it? Like... I don't have that problem with my DVs, or if I do it's not enough to notice/bother me? On the other hand, the DVs don't satisfy my needs, either :)

The native setup provides the perfect cigar/joint like puffing experience with the XL mouthpiece for MTL puffs. It can and will still rip in one long draw, but...

The USA provides better airflow making large lung busting single hit extractions easier on the lungs, but the MTL hits feel less satisfying than on the native anvil.
That sounds good, though. That's definitely what I'm after... something easy to heat/consistent (no spinning), but especially something that is killer for MTL puffs... ie one heat up and get big repeated hits for as long as possible (got a ton of dynas and they don't come close to providing that).

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I uh... I might sound crazy, but that actually sounds like a turnoff for me :lol:

Appreciate that info... I mean, how bad is it? Like... I don't have that problem with my DVs, or if I do it's not enough to notice/bother me? On the other hand, the DVs don't satisfy my needs, either :)
I wouldn't worry about it, reclaim will only show up in the mouthpiece after a lot of heavy use without cleaning (40+ bowls IME) if you are using it through glass and taking those big one hit draws.

I find the reclaim builds up a lot more evenly across the stem when you rip it natively over multiple hits so its never really been an issue.

Also.. I just realized that the anvil comes with titanium cooling spirals in the stem that I do not use... so this may uniquely be a me problem, the spirals will likely catch any reclaim you ever need to worry about.

Vapetothegrave,
Reactions: blahzo

blahzo

Ok sounds awesome, thank you. I think I might grab the standard+XL mouth piece as you suggest... might end up dedicating that one to the away-from-home kit... and yeah, if I dig it, I can see myself getting another just for home too :)

mixchu69

curious about the advantages of the thermocore. I know it retains heat longer.

When using the duracore, I always finish my xl bowl in one inhale to a medium coffee brown. I always thought of the anvil as the one vape that finishes a load in one heat cycle.

So is the thermocore for low and slow?

coolbreeze

curious about the advantages of the thermocore. I know it retains heat longer.

When using the duracore, I always finish my xl bowl in one inhale to a medium coffee brown. I always thought of the anvil as the one vape that finishes a load in one heat cycle.

So is the thermocore for low and slow?
Low and slow, yes, sorta. It can be a way of having extended, doob-like sessions. With the heat retention and the XL bowl you can sit and puff away. It doesn't last forever of course (the weed runs out) but it's like a totally different way of using it. Otherwise, the Anvil for me is a one-hit bong blast; I never really used it native much until I set up a Thermocore with the USA and a cooling stem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom