Anvil by Vestratto

fogbank

Here you go ladies and gentleman, portable induction heater for Anvil :clap:
I wonder what the "Magnet hat for use with the Anvil product" is used for, and why does the VHB require it? None of the other portable induction heaters that work with the Anvil require anything additional. From the description it seems like the magnet hat is used to prevent the VHB's magnet from getting too hot. It doesn't say exactly how it is used or when it is put on or removed.

I don't use the magnet on any of the portable induction heaters that I have used with the Anvil. I use the magnet in the cap of the Anvil storage tube. I always extract a full Anvil bowl in one draw, so I don't need the magnet between draws. I only need it to cool the device a little after the bowl is fully extracted.

caliganja420

I wonder what the "Magnet hat for use with the Anvil product" is used for, and why does the VHB require it? None of the other portable induction heaters that work with the Anvil require anything additional. From the description it seems like the magnet hat is used to prevent the VHB's magnet from getting too hot. It doesn't say exactly how it is used or when it is put on or removed.

I don't use the magnet on any of the portable induction heaters that I have used with the Anvil. I use the magnet in the cap of the Anvil storage tube. I always extract a full Anvil bowl in one draw, so I don't need the magnet between draws. I only need it to cool the device a little after the bowl is fully extracted.

It’s just a tool for quick hot swaps!

delta hotel

Anyone ever get a heat shield stuck on an Anvil? I've had my brass heat shield on for awhile but wanna switch back to the green (my favorite) one, but this thing is NOT coming off. Any advice?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Anyone ever get a heat shield stuck on an Anvil? I've had my brass heat shield on for awhile but wanna switch back to the green (my favorite) one, but this thing is NOT coming off. Any advice?
Are you twisting the right way? :razz:

Kidding.

Maybe throw it in the freezer for like 10-15?

AD

May I ask what other portable induction heaters work with the Anvil you're referring to? Which one do you consider the best?

fogbank

May I ask what other portable induction heaters work with the Anvil you're referring to? Which one do you consider the best?
I've posted lots of details in this thread previously. Off the top of my head I can list the UFO, Black Shadow, YLL Induction heater, Hot Fire Pro, and iSpire Wand. All worked very well with the Anvil once I got the technique ironed out. I settled on the Wand as the best option because of the replaceable 18650 batteries. It was not the fastest option - tthat would be the UFO.

The only induction heater that I've owned that does NOT work with the Anvil is the Orion v2, but that's just because the opening is too small to accommodate the Anvil's oven.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Just charging my brand new VHB induction heater
I will let you know my initial thoughts later

*expensive for Canada, since you Always get hit with customs fees now for battery devices. I got bit with $40 extra.

One slight issue I have found with these USB-C decices is it will only charge with the right charger. Too powerful and it won’t charge, or wont charge with any of my GAN multiport charger.
only charger that works is the smaller smartphone chargers I have.

my plug-in version has been just about flawless once adjusted to taste. I expect this one to be the same.
not a big fan of the 3D printed plastics though, trying to get away from that. Might be my last device from this guy if he sticks with the printed design.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
VHB 3D 3s?

What would you compare it to torch wise? Torch at the battery, loweroven or upper oven?

yeah the new one.
from the stock setting (lowest height chamber, hottest setting) I would say it’s like using a torch on the bottom oven copper ring. Just above the battery.
heat it all the way to the second click and it’s almost the same as torch.
Then when you run the battery down it decreases somewhat and you have to over heat for an extra second or so. As expected with battery powered heater. Sometimes I need 2 cycles when the power is low to kill a full XL bowl (all I’m using)

The plug-in version works a little better I think because of the on demand power.

Anyone see the new product they released?
The duracore oven. Just a stainless band around the main copper ring.

They claim it was main in response for people with Arthritis and joint pain, not sure how though

On the Vestratto Discord, @Whiff said it was in response to customers complaining about the durability of the copper core. I’ve never seen anyone here complain about a damaged oven. Mine seems to be holding up just fine.

My initial thought was that it was a response to the fear mongering over copper nano particles or whatever, but they didn’t cover all of the copper on the oven, just the thermal battery at the bottom, so I dunno. Doesn’t seem like something worth upgrading to, that’s for sure.

Top Bottom