• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

hoyo77

hi,
I'm taking advantage of the fact that the flow is quite quiet around here these days to (re)introduce you to an interesting accessory for the Anvil:
the leather sleeve that can hold the classic Anvil or the XL mouthpiece.
As the leather is heat resistant, it can be stored warm directly after use in its case, very practical for stealthy shots or outdoors.
The key ring magnet it comes with is just perfect (centering, power, size).
It's hand made, hand dyed by me with full grain vegetable tanned leather from France or Belgium.
I have some units ready to go on my site and i can make custom orders, just email me.

Enjoy!
I love mine and the bowl pouch that attaches to it!!! awesome craftsmanship!!!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Wow £80 customs and tax on this coming into the UK on top of the £300 I spent on my purchase
Yeah, unfortunately you have to expect 20% plus an admin fee, usually ~£16 ime. I've only had 1 international parcel that was due to be charged customs escape the charge in about 10 yrs, there pretty good at it these days.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Yeah, unfortunately you have to expect 20% plus an admin fee, usually ~£16 ime. I've only had 1 international parcel that was due to be charged customs escape the charge in about 10 yrs, there pretty good at it these days.
Was a bit higher than expected 😅. Through DHL and there's a few admin fees. Ah well, no point crying over combusted bud. I hope places in the states and Canada start dropping the tax to international customers like vapefiend and some of the UK sites do to non UK orders. Just a thought haha.

Looking forward to it arriving now. So much easier that going through postals.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Okay that's interesting!

I tried to interact by email and was not given the impression they wanted to talk back 🤣. Oh well

DanksideoftheG,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Was a bit higher than expected 😅. Through DHL and there's a few admin fees. Ah well, no point crying over combusted bud. I hope places in the states and Canada start dropping the tax to international customers like vapefiend and some of the UK sites do to non UK orders. Just a thought haha.

Is it Canada and America doing that? I thought it was solely based on your own country? Individual sellers don’t get to pick how much tax you pay, that’s up to your own government. I often get absolutely shafted any time I import anything into Canada.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Is it Canada and America doing that? I thought it was solely based on your own country? Individual sellers don’t get to pick how much tax you pay, that’s up to your own government. I often get absolutely shafted any time I import anything into Canada.
I understand you can't pick and choose your tax if only 😂

lacentralvapeur, Docteur-Vaporisateur, and vapefiend uk all have the VAT removed for US customers apparently and alot of them make it through us customs duty free...

Would be nice if we got the same.

Apologies for going off topic

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
lacentralvapeur, Docteur-Vaporisateur, and vapefiend uk all have the VAT removed for US customers apparently and alot of them make it through us customs duty free...
Calculating duty and customs fees is complex and the CBP basically decides at the time of import. However, items for non-commercial use, valued less than $2000 US, typically do not require any payment of a duty. Which works out nicely for US customers and is a constant complaint from Canadians on this site.

condition

I understand you can't pick and choose your tax if only 😂

Would be nice if we got the same.

Apologies for going off topic
It is easier exporting goods to US and just remove VAT than to calculate VAT for each European country automatically. Ebay does it though, some items from US are shipped through ebay and import charges are calculated and included in the purchase price and almost always lower than what DHL will charge. Amazon.com does it too. Not easy for a small company to.achieve, but vapefiend does it too, it includes import fees for EU, by using an exporting company.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
It is easier exporting goods to US and just remove VAT than to calculate VAT for each European country automatically. Ebay does it though, some items from US are shipped through ebay and import charges are calculated and included in the purchase price and almost always lower than what DHL will charge. Amazon.com does it too. Not easy for a small company to.achieve, but vapefiend does it too, it includes import fees for EU, by using an exporting company.
That's interesting, thanks for the info!

Ah well, I'm still excited for my vape to arrive 😁

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Yep I'm with you there my friend!

Nebelmann

So if I have the regular Anvil and would like to use some of my favorite Dynavap stems, all I need is the USA that is sold separately for around 50 bucks instead of the USA kit, right?

Nebelmann,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just arrived!
C7543-CBA-E081-4-AC9-B0-E6-91-CB2-B46-C557.jpg
Could be the wrong thread, but it looks great!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Make sure to clean on arrival. Kinda makes sense but my q tips came out absolutely filthy! Tried to upload a photo
Cleaning any vape when you first get it is standard procedure. That being said though, my Anvil came to me pretty damn clean when I first did my own Qtip test right out of the box, and my USA kit came still wet from their own cleaning processes. I hope they’re not getting sloppy and sending out dirty units! Was it the herb chamber / threads that made your qtip dirty?

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Cleaning any vape when you first get it is standard procedure. That being said though, my Anvil came to me pretty damn clean when I first did my own Qtip test right out of the box, and my USA kit came still wet from their own cleaning processes. I hope they’re not getting sloppy and sending out dirty units! Was it the herb chamber / threads that made your qtip dirty?
I always clean things on arrival. The mouthpiece was black on the inside. Iso soak hot water iso soak and 7 q tips till it came clean. The rest was pretty clean tbf. But they do say on the site that they do clean them. And that mouthpiece was not cleaned haha.
As I said I always clean stuff on arrival but this was bogging

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I always clean things on arrival. The mouthpiece was black on the inside. Iso soak hot water iso soak and 7 q tips till it came clean. The rest was pretty clean tbf. But they do say on the site that they do clean them. And that mouthpiece was not cleaned haha.
As I said I always clean stuff on arrival but this was bogging
Oof that’s spicy! Sounds like that part definitely got through QC

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Oof that’s spicy! Sounds like that part definitely got through QC
Spicy is right 🤣.
Yea slipped through, I'm just being picky tbf. It was only shipped from Vestratto on Monday and arrived today so can't complain too much.

Very much enjoying using it. Still need a bit of work on flame position and size but impressed with quality and how it vapes and keeps on vaping haha.

Using a cannabis hardware heatsheild base as a stand atm works well

Edit. They case screeches like a banshee haha. Had to oil that and smooth the threads off slightly

DanksideoftheG,
Reactions: Arawfish

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep

Customs duties and import fees are set by the federal government at the Country of import. For example if you live in the United States and purchase from Vestratto.com the applicable import rates and taxes are determined by the Government of the United States in accordance with the USMCA trade agreement + other tax treaties applying to goods made and shipped from Canada.

Spicy is right 🤣.
Yea slipped through, I'm just being picky tbf. It was only shipped from Vestratto on Monday and arrived today so can't complain too much.

Very much enjoying using it. Still need a bit of work on flame position and size but impressed with quality and how it vapes and keeps on vaping haha.

Using a cannabis hardware heatsheild base as a stand atm works well

Edit. They case screeches like a banshee haha. Had to oil that and smooth the threads off slightly
We are sorry to hear this, we do throughly clean each item prior to it being shipped out but always recommend a final clean once it is in your hands as a final step prior to personal use.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
We are sorry to hear this, we do throughly clean each item prior to it being shipped out but always recommend a final clean once it is in your hands as a final step prior to personal use.
As a whole it was pretty clean which made the mouthpiece stand out. All cleaned and enjoying being used so all is well.
Thanks for responding though!

Edit.. Added a tiny bit of cotton to the magnet inside the case to make it easier to remove anvil. Also slide an oring down inside the case tube to stop the rattling. Pretty happy with my tweaks

Customs duties and import fees are set by the federal government at the Country of import. For example if you live in the United States and purchase from Vestratto.com the applicable import rates and taxes are determined by the Government of the United States in accordance with the USMCA trade agreement + other tax treaties applying to goods made and shipped from Canada.
I understand import fees are set by the county being imported to. I was referring to some UK companies dropping local taxes when shipping internationally as to help with customs duties.

It was an offhand jokey comment with no intent to cause any offence

Last edited:

condition

I’ve been running a lot of hash through the Anvil lately, and man oh man! What a great device for that task. I must admit I had been doing it incorrectly for quite a while, packing the hash with herb in the Anvil but that’s totally the wrong way to do things. It’s gotta be a full bowl of hash. Wow! That flavour is incredible. I get all of the “Hash Pipe” feels when I’m using this pipe by Aezhenn and that’s exactly what I’m looking for, similar ritual with packing the bowl too. Great for at home, great for on the trail.
I cannot use a full bowl of hash, as Arawfish, it is difficult for me to inhale.
If I want to use hash with vape wool, do I make a hash sandwich, put the vape wool at the bottom of the bowl or at the bottom of the tip?
Also, which bowl size is more recommended for concentrates?

Top Bottom