• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

WhaaaaHoooo! If I read the Sunday Post correctly, there is about to be a new 8 MM adapter available to fit standard 8 MM stems. If this is true, this opens up a whole new universe of cooling for native users. Best Birthday present ever! :clap:
changed.png

This will be great:
"We also added back the airflow control from the integrated stem. You can rely on adapter airflow exclusively or set it wide open and pass control to your stem’s capabilities."
That's crazy he talked all that smack about dynavap just to move in on his accessories

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Did he ever specifically take shots at Dyna? I thought it was just simrell?
I definitely feel like he's been disparaging to that community. The non revolution revolution, idk I just thought it ironic he put his product on a pedestal above everyone else to continue taking ideas from others. Look I know it's only a simple diameter size, but what ever happened to him setting himself apart

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I don't know, this pretty much opens up the copper core oven to EVERY stem maker in the dynaverse. Also it delivers great functionality with the airflow option. And yeah as for optics, I think even if John had taken a literal shit on a dyna it would still be the smart move to allow compatibility (not unlikely a third party would've come up with something eventually and it's just beneficial in their goal towards growing their user base).

seki

I definitely feel like he's been disparaging to that community. The non revolution revolution, idk I just thought it ironic he put his product on a pedestal above everyone else to continue taking ideas from others. Look I know it's only a simple diameter size, but what ever happened to him setting himself apart

All that stuff came to a head with the infamous blog post nearly half a year ago. He was definitely poking the bear and pushed it a little too far for many, but he's pulled back on that and in the ensuing months all communication has been strictly focused on Anvil, its surrounding eco-system and has been all business for the most part.

I'm not sure I get the complaint about the adapter. The way I see it, this adapter is just another in a metric tonne of developments designed to augment their core offering. From the user perspective, how is that anything other than a positive? On top of providing the Anvil user base an additional option to use their devices with an already existing market full of custom and standardized stems, they've released the new XL bowl, XL mouthpiece, an all-new airflow control system with the integrated stem, the dedicated WPA, and have announced the forthcoming 0.5g oven/bowl and induction heater. The latter they expect to release by the end of the year.

I don't think there has been a vape company that's put out new products that augment their core offering in such rapid-fire succession ever, let alone in less than a year after selling their first device.

I'm not one to dictate to someone how they should feel about a person or product, but discussing how to maximize usage of my Anvil is a lot more fun and interesting than rehashing the same tired arguments and talking points that haven't changed in months.

Last edited:

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

All that stuff came to a head with the infamous blog post nearly half a year ago. He was definitely poking the bear and pushed it a little too far for many, but he's pulled back on that and in the ensuing months all communication has been strictly focused on Anvil, its surrounding eco-system and has been all business for the most part.

I'm not sure I get the complaint about the adapter. The way I see it, this adapter is just another in a metric tonne of developments designed to augment their core offering. From the user perspective, how is that anything other than a positive? On top of providing the Anvil user base an additional option to use their devices with an already existing market full of custom and standardized stems, they've released the new XL bowl, XL mouthpiece, an all-new airflow control system with the integrated stem, the dedicated WPA, and have announced th forthcoming 0.5g oven/bowl and induction heater. The latter they expect to release by the end of the year.

I don't think there has been a vape company that's put out new products that augment their core offering in such rapid-fire succession ever, let alone in less than a year after selling their first device.

I'm not one to dictate to someone how they should feel about a person or product, but discussing how to maximize usage of my Anvil is a lot more fun and interesting than rehashing the same tired arguments and talking points that haven't changed in months.
Oh I know what started it and I know he had to pull back cause he was wrong. That's awesome he came out with accessories for his product like any good manufacturer. Again I find it ironic he is moving towards dynavap "ecosystem" when he was talking down about the vary same products. He could make his own stems, he could encourage others by making it easier to integrate, but no he's gonna copy dynavap again
I'm not trying to instigate I was just genuinely surprised that's the route he went after making up his own verb for his product

Last edited:
Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Only the screen is copied? Also was the criticism with the third party stem makers, or with vapcap and also fmj? From what I remember they were rather welcoming to the idea of third party accessory makers from early on. But anyway from the way you phrase things it seems like there's some emotions involved so probably don't make sense debating.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Also was the criticism with the third party stem makers, or with vapcap and also fmj?
From what I recall, it seemed like John was trying to partner with Simrell on accessories… and then Simrell (aka the guy who tried to patent the spiral intercooler) came out with the FMJ.

In any case, I don’t think anyone’s lining up to put their Anvil on an Omni stem.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I have had a my Anvil for a month or so now and HOLY SHIT THIS THING HITS LIKE MIKE TYSON IN HIS PRIME!!!!!!!:):clap::love:💯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯.

I’m head over heels in love with this vape. I don’t fanboy anything. It takes engineering and performance to sway me. Initially I thought it was a dyna copy, and I wasn’t a fan especially when I read the nasty post directed at Simrell.
What I found out is this is a well designed EXTREMELY POWERFUL, evolving vape. John is a VERY INTELLIGENT person and the engineering is outstanding. This is in a different class from its competitors. Power, airflow, consistency (once you get your location and timing down), portability, no need for power.
It’s laughable IMH to attempt to say this compares to a Dyna with a FMJ. I own several dynas and love them, but they’re not comparable to me. And now that there’s all these vapes coming out like the Dynavap, it puts a little more pressure on them to come out with something fresh so I think it’s great for everyone. When I see something come out new that interest me from Dynavap or Simrell, I’ll be the first in line. I do not own but welcome the Dani, Phatpiggy vapes to the space also.

I welcome these next level intelligence people to our vape space. It’s one thing when a smart stoner puts together a nice vape through process of elimination by testing taste, potency, reliability, with a bunch of other stoners. Then coming to a conclusion and creating something nice. It’s a whole different thing when a scientist that knows all the microscopic details about elements and formulas and can conduct things scientifically in a laboratory type setting and then bring it to the stoners for testing. I just think when it’s done that way we have the potential for much more better Vape in the future. If I had a dollar for every time I heard there’s some kind of magic going on in there when describing a good Vape I’d be rich. It’s not magic. It’s ultra high next level completely over my head, science and engineering.

Guys like John, and Bruno from Taffe. These guys are extremely smart, and can help take the Vape space to its next level!

The Anvil is by far my hardest, hitting one hitter, and butane powered Vape. And it’s very close to being one of my hardest hitting Vapes period.

I’m a forgiving guy and everyone makes mistakes. I’m willing to move on and hopefully those type of things stay history. If not, I will reevaluate and make a decision during that time.

seki

Oh I know what started it and I know he had to pull back cause he was wrong. That's awesome he came out with accessories for his product like any good manufacturer. Again I find it ironic he is moving towards dynavap "ecosystem" when he was talking down about the vary same products. He could make his own stems, he could encourage others by making it easier to integrate, but no he's gonna copy dynavap again
Out of curiosity, where do you see the copying happening? Is it the one-hitter form factor? The bi-metallic thermometer used in ovens, air conditioners and refineries? Or is it in the CCD design that Dynavap tried to patent but were denied because it already existed? Not trying to be cheeky, but how do you feel about Dynavap's forthcoming Armored Cap?

Honestly, if you use an Anvil you can immediately tell it's a very different product from a VapCap despite the superficial similarities.

I'm not trying to instigate I was just genuinely surprised that's the route he went after making up his own verb for his product
He's been trying to encourage third parties to make stems for his device almost since day one. The fact that you're disregarding that or don't know what is essentially common knowledge in the thread makes you seem disingenuous, or just straight up ignorant of the facts on hand at best.

All of the Dynavap/Anvil talk, including comparisons between the two companies have largely stopped because a consensus among people who've used both has been generally reached. You bringing up this sort of stuff again really doesn't add a whole lot to the discussion here.

And I agree, "Estratto" is probably a term I will never use. Neither is TED though. But I generally don't care about silly marketing terms and wouldn't hold that sort of thing against a vape or vape company anyway.

From what I recall, it seemed like John was trying to partner with Simrell on accessories… and then Simrell (aka the guy who tried to patent the spiral intercooler) came out with the FMJ.

I put forward that theory in the thread back when this all happened and it was being discussed.
Acknowledging that this is just a guess based on Reddit and IG posts, but it seems to me like Simrell might have been sent a unit to evaluate the potential for 3rd party stems and accessories by Vestratto. When he came out with what is essentially a competing product in the FMJ instead of expanding the Anvil Eco-system, maybe some feelings were caught and blog posts were written? 100% speculation on my part of course.

Still love the vape, 4+ months in and it's been the one I use the most by a good margin.

It was just a guess on my part but never confirmed so I wouldn't say for certain that's what happened, but it seems to line up with what's publicly known.

In any case, I don’t think anyone’s lining up to put their Anvil on an Omni stem.

Agreed, but I've got a sweet phattpiggie square stem I'm hoping will get some use with one though:
pp-anvil.jpg

Last edited:

SillyNotMe

That's crazy he talked all that smack about dynavap just to move in on his accessories
There is now a whole new neighbourhood opened up in Anville for everyone who wants to bring along their stem collections. You want to stick whatever oven on to whatever stem you want. Kick back around the fire where I am. I’m in low temp, low tolerance town. The people who ride the line are over there. The people who want larger ovens have fight nights on Friday. You’re just in time.

Cacahuates

Just received my Anvil yesterday. Took less than 24h to reach my door with free shipping!

I really like it. The finishing on it is great. It really feels like a premium piece and very solid in hand. Very nice machining.
I haven't spent much time experimenting with it, but from my initial runs it been very enjoyable. I have only been using it natively with the xl mouthpiece and I've found the vapour to be surprisingly cool. It wasn't that difficult to figure out, maybe because I've used several dyna things in the past, so maybe that helped.

Also the case is great. I think it would very difficult to use without it.
Again, I haven't used it a great deal but so far it's been a great experience that I would recommend. Decent taste and great clouds and effects.

In terms of the dyna adapter, I don't know which stem could take that kind of heat. My favorite is the og vortex, but I think that would get very hot very quick. Maybe a wood one would conduct less heat? Interesting to see.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Okay for the first time I took out the condenser screen and cleaned
that Screen and underlying area gets deeep reclaim and hard build up!

I recommend keeping an eye on that and not neglecting removing the screen.
my piece my clogging fast from all the build up. Straight 99 iso soaks went cutting it.

also the bowls stay really clean but the outside area gets reclaim build over time and can cause airflow issues if left

whatitdew,
Reactions: mixchu69

condition

For properly cleaning the condenser and the cap, I used white vinegar mixed 50/50 in warm water, as soak in ISO wasn't enough, especially for the copper rings. Can you confirm leaving the for 30 minutes in warm vinegar is safe?

condition,

RedZep

Let it go. Guy made some mistakes. Learned from them, and now he's focussed and driven on making Anvil more modular and functional. Which everyone in this sub loves, because we are Anvil users. If that does not describe you, then you probably have better things to do with your time.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
And I agree, "Estratto" is probably a term I will never use. Neither is TED though. But I generally don't care about silly marketing terms and wouldn't hold that sort of thing against a vape or vape company anyway.

Every time I see the attempts at European "sophistication" I crack up, makes me think of:

Though I will say I do love my Anvil despite all the silliness in the marketing sphere. I think the phrase "Dynaverse" is equally goofy.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Another enjoyable Sunday Post, but I think all I really saw was this:

"We should have our first batch of adapters and adapter kits available for sale by Wednesday"

Liking the sound of this as I've resisted ordering accessories while the offer of free shipping is available, hoping the stem adapter would show up & everything could be bundled together for less of a carbon footprint - & now it looks like we may get it just in the nick of time.

As it's new, I've soley been using the TM2 just recently, which is undoubtedly pretty awesome and I'm having a great time with it - but I've gotta admit I'm looking forward to that inevitable drag race back into Anville . . . .

giphy.gif

:peace:

RedZep

Another enjoyable Sunday Post, but I think all I really saw was this:

"We should have our first batch of adapters and adapter kits available for sale by Wednesday"

Liking the sound of this as I've resisted ordering accessories while the offer of free shipping is available, hoping the stem adapter would show up & everything could be bundled together for less of a carbon footprint - & now it looks like we may get it just in the nick of time.

As it's new, I've soley been using the TM2 just recently, which is undoubtedly pretty awesome and I'm having a great time with it - but I've gotta admit I'm looking forward to that inevitable drag race back into Anville . . . .

giphy.gif

:peace:
I've been using TM2 and Anvil as a sort of double team. Both stunning vapes.

Here in UK energy is insanely expensive. So I don't want to be charging TM batteries every day. This energy crises has made me value my Anvil even more.

cptofnthng

Someone posted that charging equals around 5-10 cent per loading. How many batteries a day do you go through?

cptofnthng,
Top Bottom