• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Exciting news indeed! Possible to post a pic for all us non-insta’ers?

Thanks!!!

Here you go

anvil.jpg

TeaCup

Can someone please explain this to me. I put my Anvil away for the last few months and have recently tried getting it back into rotation by trying new configurations with it. I can't explain all the terminology of what does what and which o-rings block air, or let air through, and all that jive.......but I didn't think the Anvil could work without the condenser??? Everytime I tried taking it out, something wouldn't work. Can't remember exactly what, but maybe the oven wasn't sealed off properly, or the opposite, maybe I couldn't get any airflow with it out???? One of those two things was happening........so what am I missing here, or what was I doing wrong?

Severmore

Here you go

anvil.jpg
Appreciate it!

Two things I’m still a bit curious about…

How bad (or not bad) will heat transfer be to existing metal stems provided the adapter’s material?

Will this render airflow settings from the various high-end stems (Omni, Revolve, Simrell, etc) obsolete, or can airflow to the coppercore oven be restricted enough to take advantage of those features?

Cool to see!

someTooL

Very nice. Cooling is enough compare a j-hook ?
I asked that, because I have the XL mouthpiece with the standard anvil and I find that it could be better.
The glass path is great for cooling. It’s like hitting an elev8tr but without the turning and risk of combustion lol. In all seriousness using like this on the couch is great. Finding myself heating the chamber a couple times instead of my normal rtl one and done.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
WhaaaaHoooo! If I read the Sunday Post correctly, there is about to be a new 8 MM adapter available to fit standard 8 MM stems. If this is true, this opens up a whole new universe of cooling for native users. Best Birthday present ever! :clap:
changed.png

This will be great:
"We also added back the airflow control from the integrated stem. You can rely on adapter airflow exclusively or set it wide open and pass control to your stem’s capabilities."

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Could also pair it with something like the Ole Stubby for a shortened(?) and more glassy setup. Believe I got one of those adapters lying around somewhere.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: endof3d

Texus

Most importantly they seem to have found a way to minimize heat transfer to stems. That's the big achievements to my mind. Heat shield was an ingenious solution for Founders and current Anvils. That's a whole lotta heat being employed here to get click.

Old_muel

Woohoo looks like this fella might be able to finally get an anvil this week after salivating from the sidelines from the very start! :clap:

Before ordering though just hoping you guys can straighten something out I'm not understanding - what's the difference between -
a) anvil $229 + WPA $35 = $264 , or,
b) WPA kit $179 + integrated stem $35 + heat shield $25 =$239 ?
Is option b a cheaper way to get the same thing as a or is there a part missing?

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Woohoo looks like this fella might be able to finally get an anvil this week after salivating from the sidelines from the very start! :clap:

Before ordering though just hoping you guys can straighten something out I'm not understanding - what's the difference between -
a) anvil $229 + WPA $35 = $264 , or,
b) WPA kit $179 + integrated stem $35 + heat shield $25 =$239 ?
Is option b a cheaper way to get the same thing as a or is there a part missing?
I believe it is missing the mouthpiece

Edit: I would still go with option B just because with option A you get the normal mouthpiece and you will probably want to end up upgrading to the XL mouthpiece for native anyways.

Or if you have any other stems from other makers then you can wait for Vestratto's 8mm adapter

Last edited:

seki

Apologies if I'm retreading old conversation points, but there was some talk a few pages back about heating techniques and torches. I can't find the specific posts now, but I recall there were some questions about which part of the flame was ideal to use for heating. A few years ago, I watched a video from George at Dynavap where he stated that the tip of the inner blue flame was the hottest point, so in the interests of efficiency and fuel conservation I've been generally using that portion to heat up any of my butane vapes where applicable.

I can't find the Dynavap video, but here's another one that illustrates the same thing:

I also recently made an accidental discovery that might be beneficial for those who like to take their Anvils on the go. It turns out, the silicone caps on the standard sized cylindrical distillate/rosin carts work well as covers for your Anvil chambers. It probably won't do a whole lot for smells, but it'll definitely help keep your material contained and could be helpful for preloading if that's your thing:
chamber-cap1.jpg

chamber-cap2.jpg

chamber-cap3.jpg

The hold is pretty firm and it definitely won't slip off even if they were just sitting in your pocket.

XL bowl thru glass is pretty legit. This was .11g, 50 second heatup at the thermal battery with Blazer Firefox. I heated with the tip of the inner flame, which was about the length of the oven. Airflow was set around half. So much vapor I couldn’t even finish it all. I cut off all the coughing at the end of this vid. :lol:

Avb:
B8-FFDE64-F61-F-46-B8-9-D14-0-EFD3516-A6-D6.jpg

condition

Hey. So I am using the Anvil daily for one month now. Apart from the torch lighters in my possession, already posted and copying here for easy ref

I also ordered (and received) a blazer firefox from the other side of the world. The reason was that with my existing torches, apart from the small one from George Vapefiend, I was experiencing flame flickering and not steady heating. Yesterday I started using the firefox at the smallest flame setting.

Still I have vapor with slightly burned flavor after the first draw. I have only the regular bowl and I heat between the first and the second ring until the first click. I am holding the Anvil straight, vertical to the floor, and the same way I am holding the torch. Would really like some tips in order to avoid the slightly overheated taste. I prefer the ABV brown but not dark brown. Could it be due to filling the bowl not tightly, but filled up completely?

Additionally, I am in the process of ordering the large MP and some o-rings. Do you recommend ordering an additional bowl? Like the XL bowl? Would it make sense provided that the regular bowl holds enough quantity for my needs?

condition,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
XL bowl thru glass is pretty legit. This was .11g, 50 second heatup at the thermal battery with Blazer Firefox. I heated with the tip of the inner flame, which was about the length of the oven. Airflow was set around half. So much vapor I couldn’t even finish it all. I cut off all the coughing at the end of this vid. :lol:

Avb:
B8-FFDE64-F61-F-46-B8-9-D14-0-EFD3516-A6-D6.jpg
Nice video, lovely hit, and great taste in music! :tup:
(I'm talking about the first record on the left)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I use hydrostones and boost packs to condition my weed. The difference is day and night and especially noticeable with Anvil.

I don't particularly enjoy my Anvil for flavor before my bud has had the treatment. After though it gives really satisfactory hits and taste lush with smooth vapor. The avb is also more light, though extraction and effects feels more efficient.

As for xl bowl I did get it and have only used it a couple of times. The regular one seems just perfect with the current oven.

Old_muel

Still nobody made a more powerful diy induction heater yet? The man himself @Pipes posted in phatpiggies TA thread the other day with a link to this IH driver, https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002710620174.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.56af37cdwr4jZH&algo_pvid=7c1cabda-fd07-4429-89b5-cd63c8f38449&algo_exp_id=7c1cabda-fd07-4429-89b5-cd63c8f38449-18&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000021809849861"}&pdp_npi=2@dis!CAD!16.07!13.5!!!2.69!!@210318cb16632839752402745eacab!12000021809849861!sea&curPageLogUid=Vswd7f1sScNa&gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite ,like what everyones been using in their diy vapcap induction heater builds but more powerful, for use with higher mass devices like the TA & I assume anvil too, he said a ten amp plus power supply would be needed i think & linked those too. It says on the ali page it works at 12-30v, wondering if there'd be anything making this driver unfeasible for use in an at-home-portable build with 18650s or lipo typical of what folks on here have been slapping together for VC heaters? Love to see results of one of these babys with an anvil:brow:, hope someone tries it real soon!

Top Bottom