Anvil by Vestratto

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Yeah with the Blazer pb207 it’s just a little bit light, you have to crank it up a bit when trying to RTL
ive been getting nice estmraxtion but a little light, unless the airflow is restricted a lot then it’s easier to cook the whole bowl almost black. Going to buy the Firefox I think.

I’m not sure if I’m going to try to send mine back anymore, I think the condenser and chamber mate/seal should loosen up sort it self out after some use, it’s just too tight a fit right now.
I would advise all new owners to check the fit between these two pieces (condenser end to the bottom of chamber/lid) if having any issues with airflow.

4everpushingaboulder

That offer still stands. You can borrow it any time, frient.
I'm using the Blazer Firefox (see my message up-thread about torches). FYI Blazer torches are 20% at Sneaky Pete's for 4/20 with the code.
Well sir, as I explained the first time you offered, I have no need for a really good Dynavap in my collection but I appreciate the offer.

Oh. Also. Since some folks are still confused about my sarcasm and the fact I’m not a Reddit mod anymore, thought I’d clear that up.

Just wasn’t for me. Far too many immature and emotionally unstable folks in this community. Good luck with the next drop, whenever it finally happens.

Crust

Well sir, as I explained the first time you offered, I have no need for a really good Dynavap in my collection but I appreciate the offer.

Oh. Also. Since some folks are still confused about my sarcasm and the fact I’m not a Reddit mod anymore, thought I’d clear that up.

Just wasn’t for me. Far too many immature and emotionally unstable folks in this community. Good luck with the next drop, whenever it finally happens.
That’s a bummer. I don’t know what drama specifically turned you off but there’s plenty of it over there to choose from. You’re certainly a standout though.
I learned a bit late that it's actually better not to push the condenser into the body, just screw the bowl in and the condenser will end up in a better spot allowing for more airflow. If the middle piece is the valve then my vote is to keep that screwed (not pushed) in all the way, also for the most airflow.

You asked about consistent RTL use: just aim at the copper battery but ideally you need a stronger single flame torch that can hit the click times @Whiff has been patiently reminding us since the launch.

I don't know your Amazon/shopping options but I've recently bought three new torches and all are bigger and stronger than the typical pocket Eagle or Honest you'd use for a vapcap.

I think it was @Easywider who recommended this guy:

Mine has "Honest" branding even though that's not how it's listed. The build quality isn't the best but has plenty of single flame size to click in 30 seconds rather than 40 or 50.

The other one I got recently is this Ronx kitchen torch:

It lacks a butane level but the nickel alloy body feels more solid, the button is nicer, and you can lock it on if you want. Importantly the single flame gets plenty long enough to hit @Whiff's fast torch target times but it doesn't feel like fat banger flame that's blowing through your butane.

The third one I use is the Blazer PT4000 (the fat pencil torch from them). It starts on the first try every time (which neither of the others do) but it's max flame isn't much bigger than the grey Honest torch that came with my Brick and it takes a full 45-50 seconds to click at the copper battery. The one and done extraction and abv roast when you do that are actually really nice, I just don't like the longer torch time.
Do you prefer the Ronx to the other two? Are you using it in single flame mode? If so I assume it’s strong enough to get the fast extractions?

Thanks for mentioning these, it’s great to have more options to play with. I had assumed a PT 4000 would be the best option but it appears not.

Last edited:

MrBaked.co

Anyone else pretty disappointed by the anvil? I've been comparing it to my 2019 omnivong xl with the revolve stem and it seems I can get the same hits from it and the vestratto with a lot less lighter fluid.

It seems to me like they over-engineered to fix a problem with the dynavaps but I'm not sure it's even fixed. I can get 2 hits per heat with the dyna, the same as I can get with the anvil.

I can also extract fully in 1 hit with both if I wish to do so. So I'm not seeing what the vestratto has improved.

The difference being my dyna is lighter, made of titanium, cheaper and heats up a hell of a lot quicker.

Not trying to knock the company. I'm just sharing my opinion on it after my excitement of getting my order in.

Ralph

Anyone else pretty disappointed by the anvil? I've been comparing it to my 2019 omnivong xl with the revolve stem and it seems I can get the same hits from it and the vestratto with a lot less lighter fluid.

It seems to me like they over-engineered to fix a problem with the dynavaps but I'm not sure it's even fixed. I can get 2 hits per heat with the dyna, the same as I can get with the anvil.

I can also extract fully in 1 hit with both if I wish to do so. So I'm not seeing what the vestratto has improved.

The difference being my dyna is lighter, made of titanium, cheaper and heats up a hell of a lot quicker.

Not trying to knock the company. I'm just sharing my opinion on it after my excitement of getting my order in.

You're the only one from what I can see here.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think the Anvil is very overhyped, but it is much better than my vapcaps. It produces better flavor, effects, and clouds. Is it worth triple the price of a DV M? I don't think so.

Although these types of comparisons are probably better made off the Anvil thread. There are a couple of threads floating around comparing the two devices.

MrBaked.co

I think the Anvil is very overhyped, but it is much better than my vapcaps. It produces better flavor, effects, and clouds. Is it worth triple the price of a DV M? I don't think so.

Although these types of comparisons are probably better made off the Anvil thread. There are a couple of threads floating around comparing the two devices.
I'm just not seeing it. If I load both up with the same weed and go for a full extraction from one hit or 2-3 hits per bowl, they are basically the same clouds, same flavour etc, except the dynavap heats up quicker.

I appreciate it is still a baby so hopefully it will improve but for now I'll be selling my anvil and sticking with my dynavap.

Ralph

Gram for gram I have never used a vape that can create the massive clouds and flavor of the Anvil. In my opinion, there's nothing on the market that comes close. Once you learn to dial it in the thing just produces. With the half bowl, it's a massive one hitter. I can't clear the full bowl through water without dying. I think we have to compare apples to apples, same amount of material and see what hits the hardest and extracts the best to make any comparisons valid. With equal amount of flower I was able to get clouds equal to or better than by buddies Flowerpot with the weed eater head. The anvil is no joke!!!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If I load both up with the same weed and go for a full extraction from one hit or 2-3 hits per bowl, they are basically the same clouds, same flavour etc, except the dynavap heats up quicker.
This surprises me. I can easily do one hit extractions with big clouds. You might want to adjust your airflow and aiming technique. Unfortunately most of the good instructional information has to be found in this thread or on the discord. But folks will happily help you out.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Do you prefer the Ronx to the other two? Are you using it in single flame mode? If so I assume it’s strong enough to get the fast extractions?

Thanks for mentioning these, it’s great to have more options to play with. I had assumed a PT 4000 would be the best option but it appears not.
The controls, button and angle of the Ronx are also handy. It's good that the pencil one has a little flame adjustment handle around the fill valve so you aren't abusing your fingernails but the Ronx also has a slider you can adjust with one hand while you're use it.

The Honest pencil is the only one that shows butane level and it definitely gives you a big enough flame for a 25-30 second click. It's also the cheapest of the three.

I'm just not seeing it. If I load both up with the same weed and go for a full extraction from one hit or 2-3 hits per bowl, they are basically the same clouds, same flavour etc, except the dynavap heats up quicker.

I appreciate it is still a baby so hopefully it will improve but for now I'll be selling my anvil and sticking with my dynavap.
I don't want to become the person who does this but how big is your torch?

Last edited:

Texus

That’s a bummer. I don’t know what drama specifically turned you off

PT4000 is killer on the go. But at Max is just barely short of RTL.

BKR2311

There are many, but a lot of criticism is immediately dismissed unfortunately. Spoke to one guy on Reddit that was a founder. I said I was pretty disappointed from the hype it was talked up, but I did end up finding a spot for it.

He said he agreed, and that he was happy with the price he paid (200$ for 6 bowls, founders and users edition, 4 cases), but can't imagine paying 230$+20$SH for just the anvil and one bowl. He ended up saying he didn't want to get "whacked" for his opinion and wanted to talk in DMs instead, and saying that he hasn't touched his Anvil in a little bit and is thinking of selling it for another TM.

Not to spark any debate or anything, and yes this is on topic as it's feedback, but I think people need to start being honest. I don't think the Anvil lived up to the hype for me personally, not even close. I listened to countless people and talked to more that claimed it was better than it is. Once I settled my expectations, I found use for it as a one hitter throughout the day. Would I have bought a glorified one hitter vapcap for 300$? Honestly no. And I'm going to give my honest feedback whether it upsets people or not.

I can't recommend the Anvil for that price, especially when it doesn't even come with instructions. Let's not defend this practice either by saying people should sift through this site or YouTube for videos on how to use their brand new unit / troubleshooting.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
There are many, but a lot of criticism is immediately dismissed unfortunately. Spoke to one guy on Reddit that was a founder. I said I was pretty disappointed from the hype it was talked up, but I did end up finding a spot for it.

He said he agreed, and that he was happy with the price he paid (200$ for 6 bowls, founders and users edition, 4 cases), but can't imagine paying 230$+20$SH for just the anvil and one bowl. He ended up saying he didn't want to get "whacked" for his opinion and wanted to talk in DMs instead, and saying that he hasn't touched his Anvil in a little bit and is thinking of selling it for another TM.

Not to spark any debate or anything, and yes this is on topic as it's feedback, but I think people need to start being honest. I don't think the Anvil lived up to the hype for me personally, not even close. I listened to countless people and talked to more that claimed it was better than it is. Once I settled my expectations, I found use for it as a one hitter throughout the day. Would I have bought a glorified one hitter vapcap for 300$? Honestly no. And I'm going to give my honest feedback whether it upsets people or not.

I can't recommend the Anvil for that price, especially when it doesn't even come with instructions. Let's not defend this practice either by saying people should sift through this site or YouTube for videos on how to use their brand new unit / troubleshooting.

The Anvil cost $229.00 USD. The DV Omni cost $220.00 USD. Each have one bowl. What am I missing?

Glorg

Anvil doesn’t hit or taste at all like a dyna beyond using a torch to click it, you even need different torches for better results. They don’t roast the same even, but what would I know I only have 5 vap caps and a custom simrell setup with induction heaters. Also if the insult is that it doesn’t quite stack up to essentially the top rated desktop currently (ball vapes) I’m confused how that’s a criticism, and for me my pinky has been in the closet since I got the anvil. That video I posted was a .07 to get that hit so pound for pound I know why I’m having fun. But yeah loving one vape doesn’t mean the others all of a sudden totally suck for some reason but people seem to be stuck in team mentality instead of enjoying that your niche af market has some other options. Pinky/ball vapes are rad, it’s also rad that I have a beast on my coffee table with no wires around. The pinky put my Enano in the closet, the Enano is an amazing vape still.

Crust

Hey, it’s not for you. There’s no harm in that. Part of the fun for me, and I hope for you, is exploring what comes with a new device.

There seems to be a ton of demand on the secondary market and I’d bet you could sell yours for near what you paid (if not more) on Reddit’s entexchange.

BKR2311

Hey, it’s not for you. There’s no harm in that. Part of the fun for me, and I hope for you, is exploring what comes with a new device.

There seems to be a ton of demand on the secondary market and I’d bet you could sell yours for near what you paid (if not more) on Reddit’s entexchange.
I have gone back and forth. I like to collect them, and this would be the first one I sell. I've been liking using it for what it is -- just a one hitter from time to time. I was originally looking at it to "replace my other Vapes" based off the feedback some people have given, and that was initially why I was let down. Appreciate the respectful comment though.

Ralph

You lost me at Reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great

I’ve never been Albe to get one hit FULL extraction from a dynavap, I’ve been using them since the OG glass body one.. still have it in the stash. To me it seems impossible for a full bowl, maybe dooable for a small half bowl.
I always get around 4 good blasts from a full oven packed dynavap with good flower. Maybe when it’s perfectly clean on the first new hits, is the closest I could get to one hit extract.
Anvil destroys it easy for one hit extraction. Better airflow as well.
I agree having to heat for almost a minute is a bit annoying, but not having to turn it, is nice.

for me it’s a dynavap killer…until dynavap claps back!? :o

BKR2311

You lost me at Reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With all due respect, you lost me at "can't clear the full bowl through water" while also claiming it's the best on the market.
@BKR2311 how big is your torch?
I've been using a triple flame. I've been able to RTL with it, and that's what made me change from wanting to sell it. It does give a nice fat rip, and makes for a great one hitter for sure.

BKR2311,
Reactions: bossman

Ralph

With all due respect, you lost me at "can't clear the full bowl through water" while also claiming it's the best on the market.

I've been using a triple flame. I've been able to RTL with it, and that's what made me change from wanting to sell it. It does give a nice fat rip, and makes for a great one hitter for sure.

Never claimed it was the best on the market! Read closer. Show me something that compares gram for gram and please don't say a guy on reddit told me blah blah blah. In my experience and with the vapes I personally own, It hits like my log vapes, better than my mighty and tastes as good as my herbalizer. By DV's have been put to rest.

Top Bottom