Anvil by Vestratto

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've read the thread as it goes along, haven't gone back through it though, so now I'm confused about what torch should be used.
I found that I like the Blazer Firefox best. I have not combusted with it. My big dab torches were a bit more than I wanted to manage. My little honest torch and eagles took an annoying amount of time without much benefit.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yeah I'm surprised at the lack of directions and not much on the site itself, so you have to go searching for it. I'm also surprised that this hasn't even been addressed. As for the torch, you may be right, but people might be like me - I won't buy a bigger torch if I'm not already thrilled about the experience. 300$ for this is enough for me to test it, not looking to get into it any deeper unless it has a place for me.
I understand man, I was just whelmed the first day or two with this but I think it will be what everyone thinks it is with the bigger oven so I’m waiting to see

Sour Dream,
Reactions: BKR2311

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Yup. I've read the thread as it goes along, haven't gone back through it though, so now I'm confused about what torch should be used. In the beginning Whiff said that a single or double flame works best and that Blazer size torches don't work well. Now everyone is buying large torches???? So which is it? I realize different strokes for different folks, but I thought what Whiff says pretty much goes as far as hitting it, atleast so far until this thing is in more hands.
The blazer big shot doesn't work well but we have always recommended the blazer firefox as the go to torch, the firefox flame is a bit bigger than the honest torches and its a lot more powerful. Sorry if you got confused by that but it was the bigger Blazer big shot people use for dabbing that i was referring too, i find the Blazer firefox to be equivalent to my jobon double flame torch in terms of heating power. I always prefered my dual flame but the tank on my lighter was too small so i just stuck with that tiny honest torch until it started to die on me.

John has been trying to get Blazer torches on the site but it is impossible to get any right now as i think Blazer themselves are out or low on stock

johnnyCanuck

Yup. I've read the thread as it goes along, haven't gone back through it though, so now I'm confused about what torch should be used. In the beginning Whiff said that a single or double flame works best and that Blazer size torches don't work well. Now everyone is buying large torches???? So which is it? I realize different strokes for different folks, but I thought what Whiff says pretty much goes as far as hitting it, atleast so far until this thing is in more hands.
I honestly don't think it matters what size torch you're using. All depends on experience. As an example, I believe I read somewhere that a large size torch will make the temp jump 6 to 7 degrees after the chamber clicks (aimed at thermal battery). This is why it combusts. So knowing this, you can make appropriate adjustments.

Whiff

Company Rep
I honestly don't think it matters what size torch you're using. All depends on experience. As an example, I believe I read somewhere that a large size torch will make the temp jump 6 to 7 degrees after the chamber clicks (aimed at thermal battery). This is why it combusts. So knowing this, you can make appropriate adjustments.
Yes this exactly thats why i like to give people those certain times to aim for depending on which torch they have, i just find that the easiest way for people to adjust their torches. You can set the torch then test it with an empty chamber and try to aim for those target times which in turn will show you where you should have you torch set no mater which torch someone is using

Edit: The main thing is you dont want a torch thats big enough to heat the whole oven, we recommend the single or dual flames like the honest, jobon and blazer because they allow you to heat just one part of the oven so you can fine tune your heat up and get the extraction you're looking for much more easily..the Blazer being the better quality torch although there are other options out there that are just as strong as the Blazer firefox but quality isnt as good but people are still enjoying them.

This one here you can switch from single to dual and one user says he can heat the battery and center oven at the same time

This is another one that a user has had for 3 years and was used for his DV, sticky bricks and now Anvil

and i am using the Honest 503 torch which is a knock off of the Blazer p-4000 pencil torch but i fell the firefox is a tiny step up and has a bigger gas tank while still being pretty portable

Last edited:
I’m planning to just start with the torch I have and go from there. It’s a single flame Honest that came with my Sticky Brick a while back. I think I got lucky since mine has always worked perfectly, doesn’t sputter, etc. Based on videos I’ve seen, I don’t really see any reason why it won’t work well enough, but I’ll try for myself and adjust from there. There doesn’t seem to be a clear winner among the early adopters as to which torches work best. Too much variability even within the same model of torch since they aren’t very reliable in general.

I do think there needs to be some basic instructions on the site or included with the device. Really should not be hard to put something together quickly that will suffice for most users.

My expectations going in will be for this vape to fill the same niche as the Dynavap, but significantly better. I’m hoping it’ll replace the Dynavap entirely, which really does not see much use in my rotation. Just not a big fan of the conduction vapor and flavor profile on the Dynavap. I do like it for a quick microdose when no desktops are heated up and I don’t wanna fuck with batteries. I think the Anvil will deliver on that front and then some.

Ralph

I’m planning to just start with the torch I have and go from there. It’s a single flame Honest that came with my Sticky Brick a while back. I think I got lucky since mine has always worked perfectly, doesn’t sputter, etc. Based on videos I’ve seen, I don’t really see any reason why it won’t work well enough, but I’ll try for myself and adjust from there. There doesn’t seem to be a clear winner among the early adopters as to which torches work best. Too much variability even within the same model of torch since they aren’t very reliable in general.

I do think there needs to be some basic instructions on the site or included with the device. Really should not be hard to put something together quickly that will suffice for most users.

My expectations going in will be for this vape to fill the same niche as the Dynavap, but significantly better. I’m hoping it’ll replace the Dynavap entirely, which really does not see much use in my rotation. Just not a big fan of the conduction vapor and flavor profile on the Dynavap. I do like it for a quick microdose when no desktops are heated up and I don’t wanna fuck with batteries. I think the Anvil will deliver on that front and then some.

There's really nothing that needs to be provided now since everything you can possibly need to know has already been answered here. Assembly, airflow addjsument, torches, where to heat the anvil, cleaning, re-assembly, ABV , etc... it's all here. There's nothing really to add. Just use it a few times, find your sweet spot, and get Anvilled!!!! Easy Peasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiff

Company Rep

Thats the exact torch i have been using and doing most of the testing with before stepping up and trying a dual flame cuz we knew we needed more heat, little green honest torch from my runt except mine is very weak now and igniter is going. I do agree tho that some simple steps on how to load and stuff would help some people and have mentioned to John. I think a spot on the site where he can link to some videos i can make to help people out, for the most part people buying an Anvil knows how to use it because they have been gung ho about the release but there seems to be some that are just finding out about the product and think you can just pack the oven as you would on the legacy TED.
Some simple quick steps on how to use wont hurt and the best place would be on the site where everyone can find it all in one place much more easily

TeaCup

@Whiff @johnnyCanuck : Thank you for those posts, I see where I got confused.

I’m planning to just start with the torch I have and go from there
Same. I have an Eagle single that others have posted and a Blazer Big Buddy that seemed way to big for this. Plus I wanna be able to hold the Anvil and see what angle my wrists feel the most comfortable with before I go with another torch.

Crust

My lucky number came up today and I was able to grab a unit with a silver heat shield.

Pretty stoked to give this a go. I’ll need to go back over the last few pages and collate all the tips and tricks posters have recently volunteered. Maybe I’ll be able to put together a “manual” post since one isn’t included.

Anyway, looking for a torch suggestion. I was considering a blazer pt-4000. Anyone use that or have a better option?

Planning to carry this in a bike mounted bag and the blazer seems svelte.

I had an account here previously but hadnt posted in probably a year…I couldn’t remember my user id lol…whoops!

Crust,

Whiff

Company Rep
My lucky number came up today and I was able to grab a unit with a silver heat shield.

Pretty stoked to give this a go. I’ll need to go back over the last few pages and collate all the tips and tricks posters have recently volunteered. Maybe I’ll be able to put together a “manual” post since one isn’t included.

Anyway, looking for a torch suggestion. I was considering a blazer pt-4000. Anyone use that or have a better option?

I had an account here previously but hadnt posted in probably a year…I couldn’t remember my user id lol…whoops!
i have the knock off honest 503 pencil torch and like it but it wouldnt hurt if it were slightly stronger like the blazer firefox, there are a few users with the pt-4000. The top 3 seem to be the Blazer firefox, pb-207 and pt-4000 or i guess any other torch similar to these, if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up and i would be happy to help as well as the other users who have been super helpful in helping others when im not around...great to see many of you comfortable with your units and enjoying them

Here are some general times i give people to help find the sweet spot on their torches

If you have a smaller lower powered pocket torch that CANT get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Honest single flame, Jabon single flame ) i recommend these heating times (note: you will not be able to RTL)
Dark roast/Thermal battery = 45-50 sec (great vapour production with great flav) My Fav
Med roast/Center oven = 35-40 sec (good vapour production with great flav)
light roast/Top ring = 25-30 sec (less vapor production with amazing flav)

If you CAN get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Blazer firefox ) i would recommend these heating times
Ride the line (RTL)/Thermal battery = 30-35 sec (great vapor production with minimal flav)
Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) My Fav
light roast/Top ring = 10-20 sec (Good vapour production with amazing flav)

Ralph

Get the blazer firefox and be done with it!!!!!

BKR2311

There's really nothing that needs to be provided now since everything you can possibly need to know has already been answered here. Assembly, airflow addjsument, torches, where to heat the anvil, cleaning, re-assembly, ABV , etc... it's all here. There's nothing really to add. Just use it a few times, find your sweet spot, and get Anvilled!!!! Easy Peasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess if John only wants to sell to people on this site, sure. I would never recommend the Anvil to anyone without basic instructions at the bare minimum. Searching this forum isn't even user friendly either.

Ralph

I guess if John only wants to sell to people on this site, sure. I would never recommend the Anvil to anyone without basic instructions at the bare minimum. Searching this forum isn't even user friendly either.
He will get there. This thing is in its infant stage and sales don't seem to be a problem at all. The Anvil is just awesome. Give the guy a break and let him get in stride. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to use it. Just a couple of tries and its simple to dial it in. Have some patience!!!!

SillyNotMe

More Lighter ranting.

I used to use a UF-4975 constantly for my previous butane devices until the ignition stopped working.
With my Anvil, I’ve been using a UF-4976 almost exclusively. I have used an imitation Pencil Torch as a backup. I prefer the wider, softer flame of the “brûlée” style torches. I run a fairly soft flame compared to the videos that I see. I heat around. More like I would be soldering a copper pipe. I have tried to imitate the videos. Maybe it’s just me, I prefer my way.

50 second heat up time to first click followed by 1 minute and 20 second time until cool down click. Plus or minus 3-5 seconds for me to hit the buttons on the stopwatch.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

While we’re having torch talk, I must admit I simply wasn’t going anywhere near the performance ceiling until I got a bigger torch. Like I physically couldn’t get an RTL with my £4 single flame torch from the local head shop, even at full power with the flame as close as possible.

At least here in the UK you can pick up a “901 chef torch” from Amazon for £15 with next day delivery. For the budget boys I can tell you this will unlock the anvil’s full potential just as good as a blazer can, albeit it’s not quite as consistent a flame or as well made.

I will agree with others, in that you unfortunately do need to spend out on a bigger/more powerful torch than you’d use with a vapcap if you want the true RTL experience. A dual flame works just as well too, if you’d like to keep the smaller form factor. All my issues have been with single flame pocket torches (honest, prof, eagle, those types)

I’ve found the best anvil torches seem to be rated for up to around 1300c in their tech specs, any more than that and it’s too bulky and you need to have the anvil like 5 feet away from the flame :rofl:

Last edited:

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
bro I’ve done everything, people be like “is the condenser clogged“ lol
im Talking empty here, no airflow
I’ve watched the videos 20 times over, inspected every piece, sent video to whiff

check the airflow at every step of assembly. airflow is going obvs when just the oven is stuck on, then drop the condenser in, still have airflow… lightly screw the chamber, clogged. So seems like it’s the chamber to me. The ONLY time I ever get any sort of airflow is if I I unscrew the chamber slightly

im no vape rookie and I’m pretty good at figuring things out…but this one got me
I've run into the airflow issue a few times upon reassembly, and it dawned on me what might be the problem. I had been assembling it as normal, fully screwing in the air valve, but I was putting the outter-oven onto the body, and then pushing the condenser into place with a tool, and what I've found is that when the condenser is pushed fully in, it cuts off the airflow. However, when I put the condenser into the outter oven, screw in the full bowl, and THEN push those pieces onto the body (with the valve screwed fully down), it automatically places the condenser where it needs to be to get proper airflow. Since I started rebuilding it in this order, no airflow issues. So again, if I wasnt clear, cause I'm typically not... Body assembled with airflow valve screwed all the way down, then build the upper oven apart from the lower body, THEN install the full upper oven into the lower body, and it should be set. After that, just remove your bowl and load/adjust airflow as normal.

Last edited:

Johnny1973

Okay I realize my added problem here
its not fixed fully I’ll have to send it in I think.

The condenser snaps in place to the chamber so I can’t unscrew the chamber without pulling out the condenser as well. The fit is too tight. I have to stick the condenser into the chamber end and use force to click it in place when assembling first thing or else it will not work. If I try to do the regular way, use the chamber to seat the condenser it won’t snap into place.
so I guess I would need a new condenser or chamber piece.
Did you figure it out?

I have seen some people pushing the valve into the body more than just to the second ring. Thats the reason (I think) why the condenser doesn't stay put.

Oh, by the way, this is my first post, thank you for all the knowledge. Peace👍

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I have inserted that condenser as lightly as human possible, or any other way. Doesn’t matter. As soon as the chamber is screwed on, clogged.
I've put together a little video on YouTube with a way that I've found to consistently assemble the Anvil for good airflow. See if this helps. That goes for anybody having troubles with airflow.

My_50p_worth

@Whiff you probably get this often so I do apologise, but is there a rough time line of when to expect the vestratto tool and the .2 chamber?

Also, is the helix chamber still in the works or has that idea been moved on from? I’d personally love the option of some conduction but I know it isn’t to everyone’s taste

Cheers dude!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have seen some people pushing the valve into the body more than just to the second ring. Thats the reason (I think) why the condenser doesn't stay put.

Oh, by the way, this is my first post, thank you for all the knowledge. Peace👍
I learned a bit late that it's actually better not to push the condenser into the body, just screw the bowl in and the condenser will end up in a better spot allowing for more airflow. If the middle piece is the valve then my vote is to keep that screwed (not pushed) in all the way, also for the most airflow.

@Whiff you probably get this often so I do apologise, but is there a rough time line of when to expect the vestratto tool and the .2 chamber?

Also, is the helix chamber still in the works or has that idea been moved on from? I’d personally love the option of some conduction but I know it isn’t to everyone’s taste

Cheers dude!
You asked about consistent RTL use: just aim at the copper battery but ideally you need a stronger single flame torch that can hit the click times @Whiff has been patiently reminding us since the launch.

I don't know your Amazon/shopping options but I've recently bought three new torches and all are bigger and stronger than the typical pocket Eagle or Honest you'd use for a vapcap.

I think it was @Easywider who recommended this guy:

Mine has "Honest" branding even though that's not how it's listed. The build quality isn't the best but has plenty of single flame size to click in 30 seconds rather than 40 or 50.

The other one I got recently is this Ronx kitchen torch:

It lacks a butane level but the nickel alloy body feels more solid, the button is nicer, and you can lock it on if you want. Importantly the single flame gets plenty long enough to hit @Whiff's fast torch target times but it doesn't feel like fat banger flame that's blowing through your butane.

The third one I use is the Blazer PT4000 (the fat pencil torch from them). It starts on the first try every time (which neither of the others do) but it's max flame isn't much bigger than the grey Honest torch that came with my Brick and it takes a full 45-50 seconds to click at the copper battery. The one and done extraction and abv roast when you do that are actually really nice, I just don't like the longer torch time.

My_50p_worth

I learned a bit late that it's actually better not to push the condenser into the body, just screw the bowl in and the condenser will end up in a better spot allowing for more airflow. If the middle piece is the valve then my vote is to keep that screwed (not pushed) in all the way, also for the most airflow.

You asked about consistent RTL use: just aim at the copper battery but ideally you need a stronger single flame torch that can hit the click times @Whiff has been patiently reminding us since the launch.

I don't know your Amazon/shopping options but I've recently bought three new torches and all are bigger and stronger than the typical pocket Eagle or Honest you'd use for a vapcap.

I think it was @Easywider who recommended this guy:

Mine has "Honest" branding even though that's not how it's listed. The build quality isn't the best but has plenty of single flame size to click in 30 seconds rather than 40 or 50.

The other one I got recently is this Ronx kitchen torch:

It lacks a butane level but the nickel alloy body feels more solid, the button is nicer, and you can lock it on if you want. Importantly the single flame gets plenty long enough to hit @Whiff's fast torch target times but it doesn't feel like fat banger flame that's blowing through your butane.

The third one I use is the Blazer PT4000 (the fat pencil torch from them). It starts on the first try every time (which neither of the others do) but it's max flame isn't much bigger than the grey Honest torch that came with my Brick and it takes a full 45-50 seconds to click at the copper battery. The one and done extraction and abv roast when you do that are actually really nice, I just don't like the longer torch time.
Thanks man I appreciate that a lot. I’ve actually been doing a 35 second heatup at the thermal battery since asking that question, and been getting much more consistent results.

I’ve actually got that first torch you linked! Mine is black and also branded honest. I gave it to a mate as it was combusting my old Ti DV, might have to grab that one back for a few days

I’ve also got a Blazer Firefox being shipped here and a PB 207, I’ve noticed they have a much more pointy and precise flame than the kitchen torch I have been using.

Between all this I think I’m well on my way to mastering the anvil now

Top Bottom