Anvil by Vestratto

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Alright I’m finally getting some good blasts offthis bad boy!

But I have to slightly open the chamber to do so!
screw it on with magnet then turn back a quarter turn
so I still don’t think it’s right, but it’s hittin tho!

EDIT* Did 4 bowls back to back and I’m feeling like it’s thanksgiving, one hit extraction no doubt.

Last edited:

seki

Alright I’m finally getting some good blasts offthis bad boy!

But I have to slightly open the chamber to do so!
screw it on with magnet then turn back a quarter turn
so I still don’t think it’s right, but it’s hittin tho!

EDIT* Did 4 bowls back to back and I’m feeling like it’s thanksgiving, one hit extraction no doubt.
One more suggestion from me. Along the lines of what I described previously, try assembling the unit starting with the chamber at the very bottom. Doing this will almost ensure that the condenser is seated away from the copper core oven due to gravity. I made a quick video to illustrate the method:

A couple of notes, internally the condenser should be lined up and connected to the herb chamber like you see at 0:03 in the video:
chamber-condenser.jpg

The jiggling of the condenser in the copper core oven at 0:14-0:15 pretty much represents the range of movement you have for restricting the air flow. It's a very small range, so slight changes to position seems to have a larger than expected impact for me. Not a criticism, just an observation on how it functions:

Not trying to seat the condenser did help open the airflow. Comfortable draw on the gooroo large inline now
:tup:
Nice! I've found the default open setting has been working great for me. One of these days I'll start experimenting with some draw restriction, but I haven't felt the need to yet.

Not sure who the first person was to suggest it, @The Stray Fox maybe? But just as a reminder, the BCG is a fantastic Anvil loading station:
anvil-loading.jpg

And for any one interested, I kept track of how many sessions I got from a full tank of a Blazer Firefox. Each session was with a full chamber at around 0.1g to 0.15g, heated on the thermal battery each time with a small size flame. I consistently hit the click at around 40 seconds and I was able to get 54 heat cycles total. Here's a pic of the approximate flame size:
firefox.jpg

Last edited:

seki

Is my condenser supposed to stay in place?because it just slides out everytime. I have new orings on and everything and if I tilt it upside down, it slides right out.
That doesn't sound right to me. I've found that the 3 o-rings on the condenser hold it in place when it's inserted into the longer body section that the heatshield covers.

If I have a clean Anvil and assemble it using the method in my previous post, my condenser will stay in place when the chamber is removed and it's turned upside down.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Mines slides out too like no resistance almost but I thought that was how it was supposed to be lol

Last edited:
Sour Dream,
Reactions: seki

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
One more suggestion from me. Along the lines of what I described previously, try assembling the unit starting with the chamber at the very bottom. Doing this will almost ensure that the condenser is seated away from the copper core oven due to gravity. I made a quick video to illustrate the method:

A couple of notes, internally the condenser should be lined up and connected to the herb chamber like you see at 0:03 in the video:
chamber-condenser.jpg

The jiggling of the condenser in the copper core oven at 0:14-0:15 pretty much represents the range of movement you have for restricting the air flow. It's a very small range, so slight changes to position seems to have a larger than expected impact for me. Not a criticism, just an observation on how it functions:

Nice! I've found the default open setting has been working great for me. One of these days I'll start experimenting with some draw restriction, but I haven't felt the need to yet.

Not sure who was the first person to suggest it, @The Stray Fox maybe? But just as a reminder, the BCG is a fantastic Anvil loading station:
anvil-loading.jpg

And for any one interested, I kept track of how many sessions I got from a full tank of a Blazer Firefox. Each session was with a full chamber at around 0.1g to 0.15g, heated on the thermal battery each time with a small size flame. I consistently hit the click at around 40 seconds and I was able to get 54 heat cycles total. Here's a pic of the approximate flame size:
firefox.jpg

Dude that’s slick!! Digging your hands free firing squad!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey @Vestratto a while back i remember there being murmurings of a desktop vape from you. Have you considered it at all? it seems like this whole "thermal efficiency" idea with the pinky would work well with the 'thermal conduction' concepts from the copper core stuff. Maybe there's a material for the balls which would better conduct heat. Mix that with a housing which more efficiently transfers heat from a coil to the balls and you might have a winning injector style vape on your hands

Zuhdj,
Reactions: bossman

seki

Dude that’s slick!! Digging your hands free firing squad!
lol, Thanks! Like most things, it's borne out of my laziness. After a few sessions, holding my arm up for 40 seconds was starting to lose its appeal so I ordered some 4x4 adhesive cork mats from Amazon, cut them into quarters and stuck them together to make the proper sized stand. I plan on making a few more that correspond to different locations on the oven for when I want a different heating experience. What's that saying? Cry once, and you can be lazy forever?

Is my condenser supposed to stay in place?because it just slides out everytime. I have new orings on and everything and if I tilt it upside down, it slides right out.

Mines slides out too like no resistance almost but I thought that was how it was supposed to be lol

Mine falls out too, but only if I place it far enough so that it doesn't catch the o-rings:

Not sure what the issue could be. I assume it has something to do with either the body portion or the o-rings on your condensers. Maybe both?

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
@seki thank you for the detailed responses and video. I think it has finally made me discover the issue

The condenser does not mate to the chamber lid, it won’t sit flush, always crooked.
If I try to put my condenser in the way you do in the first video. Well it DOES but it takes a lot of effort!

YES that is it. I got CRAZY airflow now. Holy shit it’s a miracle lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Can’t remember who posted these magnets, but I ordered immediately based upon your recommendation and couldn’t be happier. Thank you!

Glad to hear it. Yeah they're plenty strong and just big enough to be useful and safe
@seki thank you for the detailed responses and video. I think it has finally made me discover the issue

The condenser does not mate to the chamber lid, it won’t sit flush, always crooked.
If I try to put my condenser in the way you do in the first video. Well it DOES but it takes a lot of effort!

Hallelujah, good job sticking with it 🙌

3xFantasyChamp

Danggg, been following the struggles you've been having with the airflow. Happy for you!!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Okay I realize my added problem here
its not fixed fully I’ll have to send it in I think.

The condenser snaps in place to the chamber so I can’t unscrew the chamber without pulling out the condenser as well. The fit is too tight. I have to stick the condenser into the chamber end and use force to click it in place when assembling first thing or else it will not work. If I try to do the regular way, use the chamber to seat the condenser it won’t snap into place.
so I guess I would need a new condenser or chamber piece.

My_50p_worth

So I received my anvil a few days ago in the UK, and made this account as I wanted to give some first impressions and chat about it with others.

I ordered just a plain black anvil with the case. Once the store is more fleshed out with the helix bowl and vestratto tool I’ll probably dip back for another larger order so I have maintenance parts.

So first things first,

It came within a week, and was very well packaged and shipped. Here in the UK the herb is illegal but paraphernalia is and isn’t (our drug laws are a mess) so to see the Vestratto name on the packaging would have been less than ideal if I was in shared housing or the like and trying to be stealthy. Minor complaint for me but for some this could cause significant issues.

I’ll start with the case. It’s very well made and feels so solid. The extra storage space is somewhat smell proof and can also hold herb if you don’t want another bowl. Hot swap function and taking the bowl off works perfectly every time. The threads on the case squeak a little so a tiny bit of food safe oil helps. The real only complaint I have is that the magnet doesn’t hold the anvil centred. If a “legacy device” (as John calls it) can get the magnet thing right as far back as 2016 then the “current device” should be able to in 2022.

Now for the main event. I am absolutely blown away by the performance of this device. In the last few days I’ve already sold all my Dynavaps and accessories and have gone all in on anvil, that’s how much I love it. You’ll see this device being used with glass (quite rightly as the hits are HUGE) but I’d also like to say that it is cool and flavourful when hit native too. You could run this device without any glass and be a very happy shopper. Build quality is spot on, at least with my unit. Vapour quality is unparalleled for a portable, and flavour is much like the dynavap as in you have to make a conscious choice between maximum extraction or flavour.

I do feel the punch power has been a little over hyped - I can RTL to dark brown AVB and once everything “settles in” I feel about as high as if I’d roasted an M to the same colour in two cycles. I think that initial “hit” is WAY more punchy though, especially through glass.

I’ve got a few complaints on the device itself but again they are nit picks as this thing is just so good already. I will echo the complaints of others here - the lack of information supplied with the device is a big source of initial frustration.

Reading this thread in full it seems like the flow of information has been a bit suspect from day one, ah well we all learn as we go.

I had to browse here to find out how to adjust airflow, how to heat it best, clean it, all the important stuff that has a big bearing on your impressions of the vape and what it can do. Your choice of torch has a huge impact on performance and I find the “hard part” with anvil is getting that dialled in and repeatable.

I feel like this could have all been collated into a small manual that ships with every unit and maybe even recommends this thread for support and further info. The “legacy device” comes with some short concise instructions and has a full range of tutorial videos available on YouTube.

All in all though, this is the best vape I’ve used and it’s not particularly close. Once the IH comes I’ll never have a need for another device, it’s just that good.

Last edited:

fangorn

Hello everyone !

Has anyone who got their email from Vestratto had trouble paying?
I've been trying to pay by credit card since last night and I always get this message:
"Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"...
my bank has not yet answered my question...
Thank you in advance !!!

fangorn,
Reactions: Vehmic

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
Hello everyone !

Has anyone who got their email from Vestratto had trouble paying?
I've been trying to pay by credit card since last night and I always get this message:
"Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"...
my bank has not yet answered my question...
Thank you in advance !!!
Honestly I signed up for sezzle because I was having similar issues. Likely will delete account once it's done.

Vehmic,
Reactions: fangorn
Top Bottom