Anvil by Vestratto

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
On a different note, I sacrificed an Anvil load for science. Heated to the click like I normally do on the copper ring just above the gap, and then let it sit until the cool down click. Here is the end result:
anvil-avb-test.jpg

It definitely cooks the load if you don't draw as most suspected.

Did you get an email? I'm hoping, but I signed up late for my 2nd go-around so I think I may be in a later cohort.
I did not get an email but only got on the waitlist a few weeks ago so my expectations were appropriately tempered. Tomorrow, as they say, is another day

Clapped_r6

Here's some positivity.
I got my dyed in the wool joint / bong hit BIL to try my Founders edition. He was absolutely blown away.
When I receive my Users, he will inherit the Founders, and is pumped.
I do hope to be able to purchase a longer storage tube and some accessory bowls at some point

Let me also say that I WAS in the market for either a hot rod or a b1 ballerhead.

Not so anymore. I dont see the point with just how awesome this thing rips

4everpushingaboulder

We don't plan to close the waitlist. It gives us a visibility on how many units we need to produce. Even though we are largely vertically integrated we still have lead times to contend with so visibility is important.
Thanks for the reply.

Since you won’t close the waitlist, and you have mentioned in the past that other vendors (Sneaky Pete, @VGOODIEZ, LCV) will get stock after the waitlist is closed, is there a timeframe for those resellers? Or should we assume you’ll primarily sell on your own storefront.

4everpushingaboulder,

Vestratto

Manufacturer
On a different note, I sacrificed an Anvil load for science. Heated to the click like I normally do on the copper ring just above the gap, and then let it sit until the cool down click. Here is the end result:
anvil-avb-test.jpg

It definitely cooks the load if you don't draw as most suspected.

Did you get an email? I'm hoping, but I signed up late for my 2nd go-around so I think I may be in a later cohort.
Hi there
John here. Great science.

The herb chamber outer wall is offset from the inner wall of the oven so that the conduction effect is limited to the contact through the threads. This introduces a thermal lag time between the outer oven and the inner chamber. The lag keeps the herb cooler longer to preserve the flavour. If you never draw convection air over the herb the inner chamber will quickly catch up to the outer ovens average temperature and then cool at the same overall rate. The absence of convection air to cool the system will draw this timeframe out significantly and as such doesn't give a totally accurate picture. Remember the basic physics that heat always flows from hot to cold. An interesting experiment for you to perform (if you don't mind wasting the herb), is to heat on the copper ring near the threads, versus the copper ring near the gap, versus the thermal battery and photograph without drawing in convection air. Then repeat the same three heating profiles actually drawing as normal. The varying roasts will give you a clear indication of the impact of the convection airstream.

Vints

However my copper is turning silver after being in the wand. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mine did the same but now it looks the same as my founder's copper. The stainless steel that was directly heated by the wand is darker as well. I'm sticking with the torch since its less finicky and faster.

Vints,

Justpassedu

No email for me and I was on the very 1st drop and had passed thought I’d be in this round . So upset but I know it will be worth the wait . I did accidentally do another email sign up and thought like others that may move my place in line but John had told me it wouldn’t when I asked. I just really want this vape already lol

Does the base unit come with spare screens/o-rings? How vital is it to grab extras?

I also would like to know if you can choose full or half bowl with the base unit.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Pepeluis33

Vestratto

Manufacturer
Thanks for the reply.

Since you won’t close the waitlist, and you have mentioned in the past that other vendors (Sneaky Pete, @VGOODIEZ, LCV) will get stock after the waitlist is closed, is there a timeframe for those resellers? Or should we assume you’ll primarily sell on your own storefront.
Hi there.
John here.

Just to clarify on a couple of valued relationships that we have built over the last year.

We currently have a separate allocation for a very small group of Dealers based on numbers they have previously communicated to us. These will be interleaved into the overall process. Vestratto has Dealers that have expressed interest from the outset and we take their friendship and business seriously. Immediately after launching the Founders Edition we shut down all additional enquiries because of our extended re-design and upgrade plans. Some Dealers have unfortunately taken orders for Anvils without having placed orders with us. When members of the community have contacted us that they have pre-orders with third parties we have encouraged them to go back and verify their funds are in place. As more Anvils get into the wild we hope these supply chain issues diminish.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Hi there.
John here.

Just to clarify on a couple of valued relationships that we have built over the last year.

We currently have a separate allocation for a very small group of Dealers based on numbers they have previously communicated to us. These will be interleaved into the overall process. Vestratto has Dealers that have expressed interest from the outset and we take their friendship and business seriously. Immediately after launching the Founders Edition we shut down all additional enquiries because of our extended re-design and upgrade plans. Some Dealers have unfortunately taken orders for Anvils without having placed orders with us. When members of the community have contacted us that they have pre-orders with third parties we have encouraged them to go back and verify their funds are in place. As more Anvils get into the wild we hope these supply chain issues diminish.

Thank you for that information. Very well appreciated. Enjoy this very special day that you have earned.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
im not even buying an anvil
I think I am gonna take this back :rolleyes: anville sounds like a decent town with John at the helm, definitely looks more interesting than an omni for the price.. and Canadian made? Worth a shot. Hopefully by the time the rear end of the waitlist is gotten too, we will have seen more user testimonials and pictures

Vapetothegrave,
Reactions: Planck
How do you know what number you are on the wait-list? Tried going back thru my emails but couldn't find anything. Didn't make the cut today. Hopefully tomorrow. How long do you think we might be waiting for an email for the user edition? Wednesday at the latest? Just trying to maintain funds in my account til I can pay this ,🤣

SillyNotMe

I think I am gonna take this back :rolleyes: anville sounds like a decent town with John at the helm, definitely looks more interesting than an omni for the price.. and Canadian made? Worth a shot. Hopefully by the time the rear end of the waitlist is gotten too, we will have seen more user testimonials and pictures
A dyna is conduction first. The Anvil is convection first. Completely different operating systems. And the anvil slammed me so much harder and differently that it’s taken a couple of weeks to change my dosing and feel normal again.

Clapped_r6

I am blown away by this thing every time. As in, laugh out loud awesome.
In my mind, at these prices, its a steal

It would be neat to have something like a Futo stash that could hold my VonG and an Anvil. Does anybody here have a Futostash and an Anvil to see if they're compatible? I'd absolutely love one of their new galaxy resin stashes

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
This question was asked by a another member and went unanswered. Can the large chamber be only packed half full and get the same/similar extraction experienced as a full small bowl? Thanks

Clapped_r6

Id say there's less conduction with a livht pack. It seems to roast everything evenly no matter what I do.
I have found that back to back bowls need way less heat. The thermal battery holds a lot of residual heat.

Clapped_r6,
Reactions: TeaCup

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
This question was asked by a another member and went unanswered. Can the large chamber be only packed half full and get the same/similar extraction experienced as a full small bowl? Thanks
Hiya, yes definitely. I find the full size chamber needs a bit more heat though (I.e. a bit lower down).
If the choice is between a half or a full, I would recommend the full size. I use 0.03 in the full size regularly, it will extract to your preference

Ralph

I feel the Anvil likes a looser pack so yes you can fill up the larger chamber with less capacity than what it was designed for and get great exraction. That's what I do ( in my founders edition at least ) and I'm assuming the same thing can be said for the users edition.

Top Bottom