Anvil by Vestratto

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Yea he wasn’t banned from Reddit, just that sub and you can talk positively about the anvil on vaporents, plenty of posts doing so
ya there are a few posts popping up now that units are out in the wild but you should have seen the downvotes @ConvectCode1 got on all of his comments when he posted about the subreddit, reddit is a very biased place and i wasnt shocked when i saw he got downvoted as my experience there from day one even before i posted was negative. You should have seen the hate i got for just answering people questions lol, it took me almost 2 weeks to get the balls to actually make a post on there. I have a buddy who warned me about reddit before i signed up, he said the same thing happens in waxpens and the micro grow sub. If you talk about certain other products you get downvoted for it. I can understand why people dislike reddit, i for one am one of them and will only use it for Vestratto and cannabis reviews.

ConvectCode1

Yeah I know, I just thought maybe I could create a positive place for the Anvil on Reddit for some people who don’t use FC.com but use Reddit. They ARE pretty hostile about The Anvil, and it’s beyond bizarre to me. Talk about first world problems: animosity over what technological devices someone enjoys utilizing in their consumption of Cannabis. Just because you like the Anvil doesn’t necessarily mean you DONT like anything else, you know? Reddit seems to be a place where you almost have to declare yourself to a party: Crazy or Sane. And the Crazies always win. Whiff is right though, you should see some of the direct PM’s I’ve received on Reddit just for starting the community. I don’t understand it at all. But I completely understand all of you wanting to avoid Reddit altogether and skip joining the community. I just didn’t want it to be like a few nut jobs on Reddit made it so a group of people can’t share their experiences with a device they like. If it can’t happen and I lose all my, whatever you lose for getting downvoted, then oh damn.

Whiff

Company Rep
Yeah I know, I just thought maybe I could create a positive place for the Anvil on Reddit for some people who don’t use FC.com but use Reddit. They ARE pretty hostile about The Anvil, and it’s beyond bizarre to me. Talk about first world problems: animosity over what technological devices someone enjoys utilizing in their consumption of Cannabis. Just because you like the Anvil doesn’t necessarily mean you DONT like anything else, you know? Reddit seems to be a place where you almost have to declare yourself to a party: Crazy or Sane. And the Crazies always win. Whiff is right though, you should see some of the direct PM’s I’ve received on Reddit just for starting the community. I don’t understand it at all. But I completely understand all of you wanting to avoid Reddit altogether and skip joining the community. I just didn’t want it to be like a few nut jobs on Reddit made it so a group of people can’t share their experiences with a device they like. If it can’t happen and I lose all my, whatever you lose for getting downvoted, then oh damn.
i think with the official sub and your fan page they will both be much more positive as it will be all Anvil users or fans who want to know more. I have noticed that the Discord server is always active where the reddit sub is really only me posting lol, it seems majority enjoy discord as do i but the reddit layout is nice and familiar like IG where you can scroll and scroll and scroll hahaha

Did I read this Sunday’s email correctly about the tubes? I think what John was saying was that if we didn’t ask for the updated tubes from the Founders early on, we’ll have to purchase them? I thought a while back an email said we’d get an updated tube along with the Users edition and that the Users would come in it’s own tube. 😔

Whiff

Company Rep
Did I read this Sunday’s email correctly about the tubes? I think what John was saying was that if we didn’t ask for the updated tubes from the Founders early on, we’ll have to purchase them? I thought a while back an email said we’d get an updated tube along with the Users edition and that the Users would come in it’s own tube. 😔
I think he is saying that there were some people who had warranty issues at the very beginning ( i think it was the bad airflow valve/ short tube) those people were already sent a tube with their warranty parts, i believe those people will need to purchase the newest tube if they want to upgrade to it.

If you did not receive a replacement part and tube then you should be getting the new case with your users edition

Vints

When I first got my anvil I tried it in my Wand and it clicked but it was really wispy. So I wrote it off.
I WAS WRONG!!! I just tried it with a freshly charged Wand and it worked. When I first tried it, my batteries were probably too low. And I had a silicone cup installed in it. I removed the cup and tried heating with the top sticking out. Nice heat up! I think I’ll cut the bottom off a couple of silicone cups and use them as a glass protectant sleeve.
How long are you heating it for? I tried it again with the top flush with the wand instead of sticking out and I find it pretty much the same. I guess after it is deep enough, it doesn't matter.

What I'm noticing when I take the cap off about 90% of the abv is the same color and the top of the abv is slightly lighter than the rest. When using the torch it is more even. Also the abv below is from using the wand 8 seconds past the click. Maybe the fact that the wand can't directly heat the copper oven battery is playing a part, but honestly I'm high either way.

Last edited:

Vints

Sorry guys, in my previous posts I've been using the term oven when I meant battery.
Any chance the Wand is heating the oven chamber bit directly?
If the oven chamber is the stainless part between the copper then I think yes, it seems like the wand is heating the oven which then heats the copper. Which is probably why it takes longer. I'm not sure if the wand is directly heating the cap, though. It does heat the cap directly as well.

Last edited:
Vints,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Sorry guys, in my previous posts I've been using the term oven when I meant battery.

If the oven chamber is the stainless part between the copper then I think yes, it seems like the wand is heating the oven which then heats the copper. Which is probably why it takes longer. I'm not sure if the wand is directly heating the cap, though.
I meant the herb chamber

sunyata,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That $1000 dollar question
If you are looking for smth of a bit higher quality, portasol is pretty nice great brand.
I am very happy with the bigger model HP820 ,but i think it will be too powerful for the anvil. (I dont have an anvil). The smaller one looks great with the 60 minutes of runtime.
What is great about those torches is that they are very heavy duty,and also they sell replaceable nozzles.
gt220_packed.jpg

Soldering Irons are more pocketable though.
fz50-2-1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: davesmith

sunyata

Accessory Maker
I just tested it by itself and the wand does indeed heat up the herb cap.
Intriguing! Same vapor signature regardless of wand and torch? Because maaaaybe a wand hit would be more hybrid/conduct.... Maybe would be interesting to start with wand, say 30s, and then finish with torch. Or the other way around, pre"charge" the copper battery and then get the herb chamber hot with wand. Not that the anvil has any need to hit harder from the looks of it

sunyata,
Reactions: xChapita

Abysmal Vapor

Intriguing! Same vapor signature regardless of wand and torch? Because maaaaybe a wand hit would be more hybrid/conduct.... Maybe would be interesting to start with wand, say 30s, and then finish with torch. Or the other way around, pre"charge" the copper battery and then get the herb chamber hot with wand. Not that the anvil has any need to hit harder from the looks of it
Copper acts as a shield for induction,it is not RF trasparent. So nothing gets past it for sure. As mentioned in the thread induction is a skin effect and it heats only the surface of the metals. The newer edition should be optimized for induction ,compared to the old one, so this where you probably get the mixed opinions about it working or not.

Abysmal Vapor

What a letdown :(
It is not a letdown, i am just saying it heats just the outer SS shielding,still works.

Abysmal Vapor,

sunyata

Accessory Maker
It is not a letdown, i am just saying it heats just the outer SS shielding,still works.
Yeah just sad my hybrid theory just fell flat on its face

Abysmal Vapor

mods please delete post and account. I was happier as a lurker.
We do not delete accounts and in particular, we do not mass delete posts because of the holes they leave in threads. There is also the issue of quoted posts.

Whiff

Company Rep
I really liked the that BT-4000 Blazer pencil torch that Sneaky Pete sells. Its ignition system is really convention if juggling things when out and about. A bit less powerful but also dig the Scorch Torch which is more compact.
I want the BT-4000 it looks to be perfect for at home or travel

mephisto

Fair warning, the BT-4000 will power the Anvil. It will be insanely hot at the end of a duty cycle.
I have a Scorch dual flame that eats fuel, but remains much cooler in service.

mephisto,

RedZep

It has the Make Offer option, so I bet someone could get it cheaper. He was a nice guy to chat back and forth with.

Edit: Looks like it just sold.
Would not want to sell mine. I have an OG TI woody that is now worth about 400 dollars.

Good to have two so you can borrow one to friends to get them hooked. I would love to see the Anvil grow to be as big as it deserves to be. Word of mouth is what will propel this thing.

vaporculture

If you weren't in the batch with the airflow issues (first 25 units) then you aren't covered for the too short tube issue. The tube that came with your Founders is not going to be replaced for free, however soon you will be able to buy one ($15 plus shipping).

I think John figures the free new upgraded User's edition + free new (upgraded) tube for it is enough of a warranty replacement for any issues later Founders units may have had, and for the tubes they came with that weren't drilled to the proper depth. In all fairness, while I would like a free replacement tube, I think he has a point, and the price is fair.

Datoneguy

I'm psyched about this vape but I do want to give my take on the negative reddit reactions since I've been noticing it too. A major factor imo is that this vape is arguably not fully released yet and is not available for purchase unless you were a part of the founders edition group. So sharing even videos of it's usage comes off as a trailer for an unreleased product in a way lol. It's a different thing than sharing a video of it and then someone being able to consider purchasing it, rather, it comes off as building hype for an unreleased product.

Another factor is memories of the Ghost MV1 on that sub. The Ghost was similar in the sense that only Bud from Vapecritic had the vape for months ahead of its release. He made a few videos showing it's usage and reviewing it and hyping it up months before release. The Anvil videos before release are reminiscent of that Ghost MV1 debacle and people on the sub still hate on Bud for it (I personally am still a fan of the guy and think the hate towards him is more than his actions warranted, but I digress).

The Xmax V3 Pro is the most recent vape I've seen go from red flags from reddit about it being over pushed and advertised to a point where people questioned if it was all bs and turn into a vape recommended genuinely and often. The difference was, people could buy the device and test it for themselves (like I did lol) and then they could report back to the sub that the hype is warranted and it's not a bunch of paid shills.

So, I don't control what anyone does and I actually like seeing some anvil posts on reddit, but a product that has yet to reach full release being pushed on the sub is automatically going to be met with suspicion and opposition. Some of that will be from the red flags I mentioned and some of it will be from people that are just frustrated they can't get their hands on the vape yet. Didn't want to say anything but thought I'd at least express some ideas on why the vape is getting some hate over there. It's very different from FC where we can talk for pages and pages about vapes that aren't even released yet lol.

But to my point, everyone is pushing The Pinky vape atm and I don't see much resistance to it, but I could see someone arguing it's a little annoying and comes off like advertising. But the difference is, many different users are posting about it and the vape is readily available to anyone that wants to build it. Been trying to keep out of this topic, but since it was brought up again, I couldn't resist and wanted to provide thoughts on why the reception on reddit has been polarizing. I think give things some time and see how it's accepted as more people get their hands on it, things will happen naturally if it's a good vape and haters will fall by the wayside. But I'm not sure the founders edition crowd is going to be able to accomplish a change in reception is what I'm getting at.

Ralph

I can't even believe what is being said on Reddit. What a bunch of bullshit!!!!!! Haters are always gonna hate. Let them speculate and have their own opinions on something they don't even own yet. I have never heard of a company that released a product, took feedback, improved on an already incredible product, then is shipping the improved version in their color choice both in the US and internationally for free. Being upset that you can't get something instantly is just crazy nonsense. It's not like you can't find a way to get high for a month or two until it's available to the masses. I don't know why I even went on Reddit to read all the negativity. Bunch of cry babies on there!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom