• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Duba

Accessory Maker
Does anyone else's unit get real dirty real quick by any chance? Every second day resin starts to come out the mouthpiece and take it apart and Clean. Now this could be cuz of extended use, it's all I use all day for the last week.
I agree. I also had an oil clog that clogged the unit....the oil accumulated along my sherlock is impressive as well, which is a sign of good extraction in my opinion.

Duba,

jbm

A session vape is one you can pass around for multiple hits, where you can just leave it on and enjoy a session with friends, or, more likely these days, a solo session where you sit with a vape and pull at will. The Mighty is a classic session vape.
I’m not so much addressing that aspect of a session vape. I’m more thinking that if I’m not looking to extract everything in a single hit, which appears to be the main attraction for a lot of people, the Anvil will keep cooking my weed. In that way it seems like more of a session vape with a very short session time.

jbm,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Does anyone else's unit get real dirty real quick by any chance? Every second day resin starts to come out the mouthpiece and take it apart and Clean. Now this could be cuz of extended use, it's all I use all day for the last week.
Yeah I have had it fully blocked with bubbles of nastiness a few times already. Main reason I would love to be able to just do a quick iso wipe every few bowls.
I have noticed this also within a few days of use, imo its due to the longer condenser on the founder unit. The condenser tapers down a bit at the mouthpiece, i think with the shorter condenser the vapor had some room to expand and cool more before getting to your mouth. I also found that it may be also what helps get the mouthpiece hot as my beta unit didnt get hot at all really. With the shorter condenser i am able to fit a q-tip into the mouthpiece for a quick cleaning of build up. The longer condenser is nice because it does keep the whole unit clean except for the condenser but it seems as though it gets dirty really quickly and causes the mouthpiece to get hot as well as hotter vapor when using native.

Hopefully the shorter condenser should help with all of this

I’m not so much addressing that aspect of a session vape. I’m more thinking that if I’m not looking to extract everything in a single hit, which appears to be the main attraction for a lot of people, the Anvil will keep cooking my weed. In that way it seems like more of a session vape with a very short session time.

I have taken a hit before and taken another later down the road with no problems, if heated properly you can get a few really good flavored heat ups from one bowl. For you it sounds like you would like using the half bowl lightly packed (0.025g) and hit it a few times, the Anvil was designed as a one hitter in order to get good flavorful hits. Even when i use to combust with a bong i always liked packing a fresh 1 hitter, we wanted to replicate the same idea as a bong or dab hit with The Anvil. If you enjoy only taking one or 2 tokes then the half bowl lightly packed would be prefect, 1 heat up would get you a few tasty hits and the bowl will be done and you can empty it not worrying about herb baking. I use the half bowl at work at break time. I pack her how i like it then heat and take a few hits n get back to work, imo its pointless to vape herb half way and go back to vape the rest when you can extract what you want when you want and have fresh tasty hits everytime but i am huge on terps so i always need flav

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
A session vape is one you can pass around for multiple hits, where you can just leave it on and enjoy a session with friends, or, more likely these days, a solo session where you sit with a vape and pull at will. The Mighty is a classic session vape.

The Anvil is not that. It will surely blaze a roomful of people, but it will be a process. You can hit it natively, and I suppose you could pass it around to give people a few pulls, but it cools fairly quickly, which means session over until you reload.

From my perspective, it's just a powerful one-hit water piece. And it does that so freakin' well, it doesn't need to be anything else.
Or a super powerful one hitter. I just did a bowl in one a hit and a clean up in my gfs car no problem. It's still easier on my throat and lungs than smoking or even a dynavap to me

RedZep

Or a super powerful one hitter. I just did a bowl in one a hit and a clean up in my gfs car no problem. It's still easier on my throat and lungs than smoking or even a dynavap to me
I just managed to vape the small chamber native on one single hit also. Absolutely loved it. I think I prefer it native now.

Imagine if future versions improve native experience, combined with induction heater compatibility, then you have an incredible joint like vape. Have all your chamber's loaded up ready to go, damn that's appealing.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Have you looked into the cooling units sold by TRWW?
I’ve been playing with one of his. I have a number of version (Simrell and TRWW) and only TRWW Omni cooling unit fits.
F6304-B6-C-8121-4-EC1-B69-A-FB16190-D098-B.jpg

Does anyone else's unit get real dirty real quick by any chance?
I am noticing this. One problem I noticing with the cooling units/filter is their placement. There is to much heat near it and it causes the condensate to run down and goop up. This seems to only effect the first 1/4” but like we are talking about there is a lot of honey. I don’t like to clean with iso all the time so I’ve just been popping the condenser out and just running hot water through it for a minute. You still are going to want to do a deep clean every so often but this has help minimize it for me.

stonedmallone

Imo I am way more interested in using this natively than through a bong so I'm all for making that experience as comfortable as possible if you guys were looking to make any changes. Having said that I haven't even hit 1 yet so it could totally be fine as is lol

havewill1

I have noticed this also within a few days of use, imo its due to the longer condenser on the founder unit. The condenser tapers down a bit at the mouthpiece, i think with the shorter condenser the vapor had some room to expand and cool more before getting to your mouth. I also found that it may be also what helps get the mouthpiece hot as my beta unit didnt get hot at all really. With the shorter condenser i am able to fit a q-tip into the mouthpiece for a quick cleaning of build up. The longer condenser is nice because it does keep the whole unit clean except for the condenser but it seems as though it gets dirty really quickly and causes the mouthpiece to get hot as well as hotter vapor when using native.

Hopefully the shorter condenser should help with all of this

I have taken a hit before and taken another later down the road with no problems, if heated properly you can get a few really good flavored heat ups from one bowl. For you it sounds like you would like using the half bowl lightly packed (0.025g) and hit it a few times, the Anvil was designed as a one hitter in order to get good flavorful hits. Even when i use to combust with a bong i always liked packing a fresh 1 hitter, we wanted to replicate the same idea as a bong or dab hit with The Anvil. If you enjoy only taking one or 2 tokes then the half bowl lightly packed would be prefect, 1 heat up would get you a few tasty hits and the bowl will be done and you can empty it not worrying about herb baking. I use the half bowl at work at break time. I pack her how i like it then heat and take a few hits n get back to work, imo its pointless to vape herb half way and go back to vape the rest when you can extract what you want when you want and have fresh tasty hits everytime but i am huge on terps so i always need flav
Will the shorter condenser be up for purchase?

havewill1,

RedZep

I’ve been playing with one of his. I have a number of version (Simrell and TRWW) and only TRWW Omni cooling unit fits.
F6304-B6-C-8121-4-EC1-B69-A-FB16190-D098-B.jpg

I am noticing this. One problem I noticing with the cooling units/filter is their placement. There is to much heat near it and it causes the condensate to run down and goop up. This seems to only effect the first 1/4” but like we are talking about there is a lot of honey. I don’t like to clean with iso all the time so I’ve just been popping the condenser out and just running hot water through it for a minute. You still are going to want to do a deep clean every so often but this has help minimize it for me.
Try adding some dish cleaning detergent to boiling water and just soaking for while. I try not to use iso all the time as well, and this works for me. The dish detergent breaks down oils. Could always simmer the parts in milk and add some cocoa as well for a nice drink.
Imo I am way more interested in using this natively than through a bong so I'm all for making that experience as comfortable as possible if you guys were looking to make any changes. Having said that I haven't even hit 1 yet so it could totally be fine as is lol
It's shockingly fine to be honest. Considering the vapour density, and how much vapour it produces, it doesn't agitate my lungs or throat all all. You can feel heat definetely, but no coughing.

ejackyou

Hamilton
Try adding some dish cleaning detergent to boiling water and just soaking for while. I try not to use iso all the time as well, and this works for me. The dish detergent breaks down oils. Could always simmer the parts in milk and add some cocoa as well for a nice drink.

It's shockingly fine to be honest. Considering the vapour density, and how much vapour it produces, it doesn't agitate my lungs or throat all all. You can feel heat definetely, but no coughing.
try ketchup?

ejackyou,

hoyo77

I prefer it native as well, but i would love a stem that has one of those turbo coolers inside that i could drop this bad boy in..just to extend the vapor path and cool it a bit more.

Planck

believes in Dog
I remember George saying the original vapcap length was chosen so it would fit in some tube he had. Years later we as stuck with that length and it's too short! Minimum length for native use is 110mm imo. I suspect many would find this length a major improvement.

I suspect 110mm or longer would be an improvement for the Anvil too. It must be more tip heavy so in addition to moving the hot bit away from the hand the balance would be improved.

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I remember George saying the original vapcap length was chosen so it would fit in some tube he had. Years later we as stuck with that length and it's too short! Minimum length for native use is 110mm imo. I suspect many would find this length a major improvement.

I suspect 110mm or longer would be an improvement for the Anvil too. It must be more tip heavy so in addition to moving the hot bit away from the hand the balance would be improved.
Hi there.

I think for native mode the additional cooling length is a great idea. Practically given the strong interest, we will implement a native stem that is better optimized pretty quickly. I'm also pretty confident there are after-market makers noodling this.

So far for the User's addition stem we have implemented
the exchangeable heat shields
added the 10mm water unit adapter
shortened the condenser back to the Beta spec which is easier to clean and increased its cross section airflow by 25%
implemented a spiral "flytrap" in the vapour path to catch particulate
increased the airflow valve capability to full throughput of the herb chambers - in wide open packing density sets the draw resistance
To lock the heat shield the mouthpiece threads onto the stem acting as a locknut and a two o-ring seal protects the threads from resin and provides an ant-rotation feature.

hoyo77

Hi there.

I think for native mode the additional cooling length is a great idea. Practically given the strong interest, we will implement a native stem that is better optimized pretty quickly. I'm also pretty confident there are after-market makers noodling this.

shortened the condenser back to the Beta spec which is easier to clean and increased its cross section airflow by 25%
increased the airflow valve capability to full throughput of the herb chambers - in wide open packing density sets the draw resistance
To lock the heat shield the mouthpiece threads onto the stem acting as a locknut and a two o-ring seal protects the threads from resin and provides an ant-rotation feature.
me likes this. i need this badly!!!

havewill1

Hi there.

Well I know what I'm purchasing when it goes live, founder edition, user edition, how many am I going to be able to get?!

Planck

believes in Dog
I think for native mode the additional cooling length is a great idea. Practically given the strong interest, we will implement a native stem that is better optimized pretty quickly.
I failed to indicate the 110mm minimum was for the stem only, the "tip" is extra. :brow:
No idea what it would be for Anvil but balance is a factor, I trust you will consider that.

Good stuff!

Sweet-vapour-69420

I’m guessing these “user editions” will be the ones that you get if you decided to pre order through a distributor? I got mine from an EU website to be shipped to the UK.

Oh man I can’t wait for mine, I love reading about all the little revisions on the way and seeing @Vestratto engaging so wonderfully with the FC community and acting on feedback.

Remember when a certain *other* dude used to do that? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Also an update from La Centrale Vapeur that I just got emailed. Guessing it means that the next batch being made has at least some units going to them.

Translated from French it says:

We will get back to you following your order because after success we are out of stock on your product and we apologise for that.

We receive it within 7 days maximum and will send it to you immediately.

Thank you for your trust and apologising for this stock error, we remain waiting for your return and at your disposal for any further information.

While waiting for it to be sent, your order becomes a "Pending customer instruction" status.

Sincerely,

The LaCentraleVapeur.com Team

Vestratto

Manufacturer
@Vestratto when do you anticipate the helix chambers being available?
Hi there.
I gotta be totally honest that the User's edition upgrades and execution of manufacturing and delivery of all of the replacement units is our priority and consuming all of our attention right now. Our strong conviction is to meet the commitments we have made to you already, before we take on any more. As many of you know that has even gone so far as to shut our store and direct people onto a wait list. The response to the Anvil has been super gratifying but we realized early on we had a lot of work to do to get you the form, fit and finish you expect. To be honest - if I was making a car analogy - I think these Founder's Anvils are a lot like a NASCAR race car. Super powerful - but maybe one or two (or ten for some of you) aspects of the creature comforts were left out. We are now focused on getting that baby up to a Ferrari standard. The dozen or so helix chambers we sent out all said the same thing. Too tight on the airflow. We kinda knew and disclosed that. I was pleased to see at least one post that showed the marked difference in the estratto (abv) colour with the same heating profile. It's this extra heat for concentrates that we are working to achieve.

So to bluntly answer the when helix question. Once everyone has been upgraded and the Late January pre-orders have been filled we can look at that. The helix chambers will be made on our original lathe so they will not conflict with new production going forward. I am not trying to be coy about the helix delivery. I am trying to be upfront about the User's edition upgrades.

kilo

When I purchased my FlowerPot, back in '17, I really thought it was the end of VAS. But, you know, I thought maybe a glass upgrade was allowable. Things went okay for a while but, you know, when the Hopper io came out, well, I had to modernize my collection of portables. But I knew that was probably the end. Oh yes, later there was a 420 sale and an offer to exchange OG hoppers for io's so, you know, I had to take advantage of that opportunity. A FlowerPot, a Lotus with a full complement of replacement parts, and three io's – I knew I'd never need anything more. But, oddly enough, the io's began to prove somewhat unreliable – and HL's warranty policy was even more unreliable. I started getting this familiar feeling and I began dreaming about a TinyMight! Hey, a guy's gotta be prepared, right? After six months of reading about the TM on FC I had one. And not long after that I had another, you know, just to have a backup for security. Ah, great, no more VAS! But then...Vestratto's Anvil. It seemed to fulfill the full potential of butane the same way the TinyMight expresses the full potential of battery-powered convection. So I put my name on the waiting list at PlanetHaze. And to rationalize my VAS (and pay for an Anvil), yesterday – full circle – I sold the FlowerPot!

axdx69

When I purchased my FlowerPot, back in '17, I really thought it was the end of VAS. But, you know, I thought maybe a glass upgrade was allowable. Things went okay for a while but, you know, when the Hopper io came out, well, I had to modernize my collection of portables. But I knew that was probably the end. Oh yes, later there was a 420 sale and an offer to exchange OG hoppers for io's so, you know, I had to take advantage of that opportunity. A FlowerPot, a Lotus with a full complement of replacement parts, and three io's – I knew I'd never need anything more. But, oddly enough, the io's began to prove somewhat unreliable – and HL's warranty policy was even more unreliable. I started getting this familiar feeling and I began dreaming about a TinyMight! Hey, a guy's gotta be prepared, right? After six months of reading about the TM on FC I had one. And not long after that I had another, you know, just to have a backup for security. Ah, great, no more VAS! But then...Vestratto's Anvil. It seemed to fulfill the full potential of butane the same way the TinyMight expresses the full potential of battery-powered convection. So I put my name on the waiting list at PlanetHaze. And to rationalize my VAS (and pay for an Anvil), yesterday – full circle – I sold the FlowerPot!
@kilo
Here is the Vestratto wait list. Not sure planet haze will get them anytime soon. I’m just trying to help you with your VAS. PS ever since I got my anvil, it’s severely dampened my VAS….for now….😂

Texus

Hi there.
I gotta be totally honest that the User's edition upgrades and execution of manufacturing and delivery of all of the replacement units is our priority and consuming all of our attention right now. Our strong conviction is to meet the commitments we have made to you already, before we take on any more. As many of you know that has even gone so far as to shut our store and direct people onto a wait list. The response to the Anvil has been super gratifying but we realized early on we had a lot of work to do to get you the form, fit and finish you expect. To be honest - if I was making a car analogy - I think these Founder's Anvils are a lot like a NASCAR race car. Super powerful - but maybe one or two (or ten for some of you) aspects of the creature comforts were left out. We are now focused on getting that baby up to a Ferrari standard. The dozen or so helix chambers we sent out all said the same thing. Too tight on the airflow. We kinda knew and disclosed that. I was pleased to see at least one post that showed the marked difference in the estratto (abv) colour with the same heating profile. It's this extra heat for concentrates that we are working to achieve.

So to bluntly answer the when helix question. Once everyone has been upgraded and the Late January pre-orders have been filled we can look at that. The helix chambers will be made on our original lathe so they will not conflict with new production going forward. I am not trying to be coy about the helix delivery. I am trying to be upfront about the User's edition upgrades.
Thanks for being so up front. Not sure if I remembered to make the suggestion but I really liked the Tectonic compatibility with 510 "drip tips" tons of cheap options out there in a crazy amount of shapes and materials (incl rosin, which could be cooler than metal. A mouthpiece or adaptor that accommodates these would be very cool if not a design/engineering nightmare

Top Bottom