Anvil by Vestratto

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Got a little question. Can the bowl be put into iso and then rinced with water ? Doesn’t that harm the disc / clicker ?

To expand on @dman28 advice, I would let the chamber dry out first. If in a hurry screw the bowl ( empty ) on to the oven and do a dry run to evaporate any remaining moisture. Should be good to go when it cools down.

Edit: Be sure that the top hole of the bowl isn't blocked while cooling, allowing the moisture to vent out.

I think it'd be wise to write in the eventual manual something like "Turn your torch to the highest setting possible," because it seemed to do the trick for me. Maybe it's like a universal law for Anvils or something.

What brand of butane torch were you using?

Last edited:

someTooL

Full bowl is great with glass but I’ve really started liking native hits using the half (well the full too lol)

Woke up this morning thinking I should order a couple more ovens. That’s how much I’ve enjoyed my first few days. :tup:

Electrofever

To expand on @dman28 advice, I would let the chamber dry out first. If in a hurry screw the bowl ( empty ) on to the oven and do a dry run to evaporate any remaining moisture. Should be good to go when it cools down.
I was thinking about something like that :) just wasn’t sure ^^

BKR2311

Still a bit let down even after getting the technique down a bit. I think I'll like the .2 bowls more, since I'm used to a bigger bowl. Just not sure how Whiff would get ~10 hits on a single bowl. I can get 1 solid one and one okay/whispy second hit. If I try to take it darker, I typically combust. My torches are definitely not the best since it's singleflame / triple honest. I'm iffy on shelling out more money on this though

Surprisingly though I actually really liked it native. Enough that I think I'll use it a lot more than I would have. It's super smooth still, and since you don't get as massive hits as in glass, the bowl actually gives a good amount of hits. Kinda like passing a blunt around. I will probably still fire up the Taroma at night, but now I have something easy to use during the day / weekends / hiking etc.

My biggest complaint is the lack of directions. Whiff is doing a great job with what he can, but I can't even fathom how this thing didn't come with directions at that price point. There are a LOT of questions that Whiff is basically going to have to answer over and over, and that's just on this thread alone, nevermind when it gets more popular. There should be directions on the click, a guide/instructions on where to heat, taking apart the unit / cleaning guidelines, and just general use like adjusting airflow.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I decided to turn my torch from the lowest setting to the highest setting today and then aimed at the copper battery for my third bowl. Avb was dark by the end, as dark as I'd ever want to vape anything lol. I usually get my vapcaps close but a little less dark than this turned out. I think I'm going to test heating the device just a little further up the vape but I'm pretty amazed at how well extracted the whole thing was when riding the line. I can't report on the high exactly because I vaped a vapcap right after the anvil bowl to see how dark that avb was to compare lol. The high from both combined like that is arguably too much for me right now... Lovely.

I think it'd be wise to write in the eventual manual something like "Turn your torch to the highest setting possible," because it seemed to do the trick for me. Maybe it's like a universal law for Anvils or something.
Every torch is different so we cant really tell people to set it to the max, people with the blazer firefox would combust. Instead i like to give people some times to work towards so this way people with different torches can set their torches to get the unit to click at said time and then the users can fine tune it if they want a different experience.

Here are my recommended times to aim for

If you have a smaller lower powered pocket torch that CANT get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Honest single flame, Jabon single flame ) i recommend these heating times (note: you will not be able to RTL)
Dark roast/Thermal battery = 45-50 sec (great vapour production with great flav) My Fav
Med roast/Center oven = 35-40 sec (good vapour production with great flav)
light roast/Top ring = 25-30 sec (less vapor production with amazing flav)

If you CAN get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Blazer firefox ) i would recommend these heating times
Ride the line (RTL)/Thermal battery = 30-35 sec (great vapor production with minimal flav)
Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) My Fav
light roast/Top ring = 10-20 sec (Good vapour production with amazing flav)
Still a bit let down even after getting the technique down a bit. I think I'll like the .2 bowls more, since I'm used to a bigger bowl. Just not sure how Whiff would get ~10 hits on a single bowl. I can get 1 solid one and one okay/whispy second hit. If I try to take it darker, I typically combust. My torches are definitely not the best since it's singleflame / triple honest. I'm iffy on shelling out more money on this though

Surprisingly though I actually really liked it native. Enough that I think I'll use it a lot more than I would have. It's super smooth still, and since you don't get as massive hits as in glass, the bowl actually gives a good amount of hits. Kinda like passing a blunt around. I will probably still fire up the Taroma at night, but now I have something easy to use during the day / weekends / hiking etc.

My biggest complaint is the lack of directions. Whiff is doing a great job with what he can, but I can't even fathom how this thing didn't come with directions at that price point. There are a LOT of questions that Whiff is basically going to have to answer over and over, and that's just on this thread alone, nevermind when it gets more popular. There should be directions on the click, a guide/instructions on where to heat, taking apart the unit / cleaning guidelines, and just general use like adjusting airflow.
It sounds like you have beast lungs, try packing the chamber really tight and it will hold 0.15g. It will be more restricted so i would open the airflow all the way, this should get you a bit more of the kick you are looking for. If your looking to get 10 hits then i would use it natively as i only get the 10+ hits using it natively and taking many smaller smoother hits like you just found. For that i would set you airflow to half way or 3/4 closed and heat the thermal battery for a 35-45 sec click, the darker the roast the faster the heat up. Let me know how the tightly packed chamber through a bong works tho i think u may like it more, its like hitting the full and half at the same time

Anyone know where i can buy some 5 by 1mm orings? The same one on the condenser?

Maybe your local hardware store? Not too sure but somewhere should have viton or even silicone o-rings, silicone is probably easier to get and cheaper

Last edited:

BKR2311

Every torch is different so we cant really tell people to set it to the max, people with the blazer firefox would combust. Instead i like to give people some times to work towards so this way people with different torches can set their torches to get the unit to click at said time and then the users can fine tune it if they want a different experience.

Here are my recommended times to aim for

It sounds like you have beats lungs, try packing the chamber really tight and it will hold 0.15g. It will be more restricted so i would open the airflow all the way, this should get you a bit more of the kick you are looking for. If your looking to get 10 hits then i would use it natively as i only get the 10+ hits using it natively and taking many smaller smoother hits like you just found. For that i would set you airflow to half way or 3/4 closed and heat the thermal battery for a 35-45 sec click, the darker the roast the faster the heat up. Let me know how the tightly packed chamber through a bong works tho i think u may like it more, its like hitting the full and half at the same time
Will try that, thank you

BKR2311,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Will try that, thank you
Yeah I'm brand new to Anville but I suspect you're doing it wrong if you're trying to get by with a puny single torch or a triple. The single is too weak and the triple isn't focused enough.

My understanding is that you need a more powerful single torch like this cheap one that got posted earlier:

I use a Blazer PT4000 and it's still taking me more than 35 seconds to click because I have yet to crank it on my first few bowls.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Will try that, thank you
Anytime bro! The Anvil is a powerhouse for the amount of herb being used, i think if we can pack a 0.2-0.25g it will deff hold up with some of the 0.5g heavies which is something we would love to do now hearing many users reactions and comparisons. I'll be sure to post a video of the bigger chamber as soon as i get one to try out

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.

Edit: Be sure that the top hole of the bowl isn't blocked while cooling, allowing the moisture to vent out.
Great advice brother!

caseball2051

@Whiff

The lotus vaporizer of old (butane powered device) used to have markings on them that showed the user which size flame to use for optimal results. This made the experience predictable and repeatable.

Perhaps there is a way to do this with the anvil. I don't have one in my hands yet but there must be some type of reference point a user could use to help.

Like you said, all lighters are different but if you had a set parameter, anyone and everyone could easily follow it to get fast repeatable heat ups.

Just an idea maybe you could toss around with John.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
It's been mentioned before, but worth repeating. @Whiff is providing real gems of advice on this forum and I'm very grateful for all his knowledge and patience.

Still on the wait list - maybe Thursday - but when it does arrive I'll be far along the learning curve thanks to Whiff's input. The only problem is the longer I wait the more torches I buy. You know, just to have all the heating scenarios covered. :lol:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
It's been mentioned before, but worth repeating. @Whiff is providing real gems of advice on this forum and I'm very grateful for all his knowledge and patience.

Still on the wait list - maybe Thursday - but when it does arrive I'll be far along the learning curve thanks to Whiff's input. The only problem is the longer I wait the more torches I buy. You know, just to have all the heating scenarios covered. :lol:
Which ones do you have? I was thinking of picking up the pb207 for no real reason(if anyone has experience with that blazer torch and the anvil lemme kno)

Sour Dream,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Which ones do you have? I was thinking of picking up the pb207 for no real reason(if anyone has experience with that blazer torch and the anvil lemme kno)
😂 Yeah I just ordered that cheap Ronx creme brulle looking torch from my previous post and my Anvil only arrived yesterday

alex91

I don’t have the Anvil yet, but to me it looks like that, although the pb207 is very reliable, it wouldn’t bring any performance improvements over a single-flame Honest. If you already have a small single-flame torch, I’d suggest going either for a Blazer Firefox or PT4000. Those are more powerful than the regular single-flame torches, so they bring something new to the table.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I don’t have the Anvil yet, but to me it looks like that, although the pb207 is very reliable, it wouldn’t bring any performance improvements over a single-flame Honest. If you already have a small single-flame torch, I’d suggest going either for a Blazer Firefox or PT4000. Those are more powerful than the regular single-flame torches, so they bring something new to the table.
Ahh gotcha, I do have the pt4000 gonna test it when the anvil gets here

Sour Dream,
Reactions: bossman

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Can’t seem to get any sort of airflow with mine no matter what I do. Messing with this thing for an hour.
ive been taking this thing apart and back, turning the oven and sucking through the mp. Only time I get any sort of airflow is when I unscrew the oven lid.
trying to watch the vestratto vid but can’t get past the age restriction bs…lol
all I can get is insane milk shake tight draws even when it’s empty.

need to get this airflow poppin and I’ll be good haha.
almost time to do laundry tho

whatitdew,
Reactions: oddjobold

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
First night with the Anvil was full of learning,cussing, progress and huge success.Started with the full bowl and heating middle of the oven. 1 or 2 good hits and consistent abv.Then I flew too close to the sun and heated maybe a full second past the click. Don’t do that. I will never do that again. It was black and no fun.Very loose pack also. Next I heated at the bottom of the oven just above the copper bottom ring for about 35 seconds with a fuller packed bowl. Yeah man! I got 5 great hits and repeated this about 3 times.Every time the same fluffy smooth clouds. So consistent and repeatable. A badass portable for sure. I hit it and it hits me back. Next I will spend some time flavor chasing around the top oven copper with a jhook. Giggity.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Had mine for only about a day now, so these are just some initial impressions:

On Function:
I would whole heartedly agree that when used correctly, this device can absolutely deliver a dab-like experience from flower, and to date, I have not combusted even once. One thing to note; it's important to keep in mind that the ability to "ride the line" is really what is unique about this device, and in my opinion, using it in any other way kind of diminishes the impact of it's design. Everybody who buys one absolutely needs to RTL and experience this device at its peak potential. It took me only a few tries with a decent torch lighter to get exceptionally large milky rips. That said, a good torch lighter will give even better results, as I find my Duality Torch set to 2x gets me that dark brown, one and done roast. If you follow the photo posted by Whiff on IG, and his timing suggestions posted here (as instructions), and you have a decent torch lighter, you should be able to have an exceptional experience. I hit the thermal battery directly, with airflow somewhere in the midpoint, bowl tightly packed, and it milks harder than my Elev8r when I heat it with a propane torch! TIP: Whiff's User's edition video on YT has some very helpful insight on tuning airflow. I will agree with others who have echoed a need to aggregate all of this various and widespread advice into some form of downloadable pdf manual from Vestratto's website.

On Form:
The Anvil is weighty, highly machined and engineered; it looks and feels akin to a medical device and John's background really shines through here. Truly, a beautiful device if you are into that sterile polished steel look (I am), though the pop of colour via the heatshield helps to mix it up. I will agree with others who have noted that the copper on the outside oven is quick to tarnish--one day and mine looks quite grey. I can likewise confirm with others who have noted some play/looseness on the outter chamber when set to fully closed airflow, and I'd like to see that issue corrected in future iterations, as it is never confidence inspiring to have an extremely hot oven sit even a little bit loose. I likewise agree with another commenter that we could use some sort of simple tool, or way to adjust the airflow while still hot (the wad of cloth I've been using isn't ideal). I really struggle to think of improvements and constructive criticisms with the Anvil, it's just exceptionally well designed.

On Packaging and Inclusions:
Shipping and packaging is, fine. Discreet brown box with the bubble wrapped unit. It leaves some wanting for a more exciting unboxing, but Dynavap shipped in doob tubes for years, so... yeah. In terms of inclusions, it feels really naked. I would have loved the option to pay a bit more money to purchase whats included in the "influencer" or Ukraine kits, rather than having to pick and pay each part separately. I have a friend now interested in buying one who has expressed the same opinion. I suppose it's mostly a convenience thing, and an "I'm not sure what I want or need" thing.

Overall:
I am not a "well to do," and a purchase such as this, for me, requires a good deal of budgeting and scrutiny. I was on the waitlist for the Founder's and I passed on a purchase at that time, as I was not fully convinced that the energy behind the Anvil wasn't just hype. For months, I pondered this purchase, and I am quite happy to report that the device meets and exceeds all of my expectations. I am extremely happy that I jumped on board and moved on up to Anville! I own many heavy hitting vapes, including ball vapes, and can definitely confirm that (when used correctly) the Anvil smashes every bit as hard as any of those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom