Anvil by Vestratto

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So aside from the CopperCore giving a better visual indication of the heating, what are the differences between the two cores? Does the DuraCore retain heat as well as the OG?
I’m going to use my imagination and say if there is any differences, they’re completely imperceptible to humans. Might be a difference on paper though.

Petetbay

With little info on the DuraCore, I’m guessing it’s to protect the copper for some reason and aid the transfer of heat to the copper when using a IH. They are working on a IH so trying improve induction properties of the Anvil kind of makes sense. If I had to use a torch for a Anvil or DV all the time, I probably wouldn’t be using them as much, IH makes it way easier. :2c:

TeaCup

That is a one-hitter pipe or chillum with a removable bowl, not a DV stem. It’s possible they could make a stem as they seem capable, but it doesn’t look like something that would work good with a Anvil, rough calculation .375” diameter = 9.5mm ID needed=8mm so wall thickness .75mm very thin. DV Omni stem goes for $60, just saying and I don’t know how good it would work with the Anvil. Too many unknowns here imo.
I've spoken with the seller and he can do whatever length and diameter
I do understand what he's selling them as which is why I stated the above. As long as it's relatively the same as glass I'll be fine, the glass I use now is 5 inches long and it doesn't get hot where I hold it. I'll be a guinea pig, you win some you lose some. Thanks man.

leanpubpackage

Exactly, which also makes using the Anvil out in direct sunlight a little bit easier. It’s not a guessing game where the heat is being concentrated because you can clearly see the hottest spots. Very few butane vapes are great to use in the sun, except the Anvil (and lotus)
how do you store your hot anvil after finishing a bowl outdoors?

anyone have a good recommended pocketable torch for on the go use?

Arawfish

Green Thumb

I have a leather case from @Duba which is, imo, an essential item for the Anvil.

I’ve been using the regular Vapman torch for almost a year now. Great for on the go. You might enjoy a double flame more though, but I’ve personally been very satisfied with the Vapman torch.

Comfortably Numb

The metal tube case Vestratto designed for the Anvil works fantastic for on the go use...hot swapping...storage while hot...has a small profile...I use one several times during the day....I like the original storage tube with the extra storage chamber for a filled bowl....easy to swap out on the go for back to back bowls

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Ispire Wand works good for me.
Considering trying the USA kit with the Wand. Can you get light or dark roast by altering the depth of the tip inside the Wand's coil? Also if you could comment on the heating times that'd be cool.

Thinking of trying an Omni XL stem with Simrell Stinger that I've been using with the Camouflet. That tip transfers a ton of heat straight to the stem and this combo seems to handle it.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
The metal tube case Vestratto designed for the Anvil works fantastic for on the go use...hot swapping...storage while hot...has a small profile...I use one several times during the day....I like the original storage tube with the extra storage chamber for a filled bowl....easy to swap out on the go for back to back bowls
I’ve always felt like the Anvil should have been shipped inside that storage tube. It should have came stock with every purchase of an Anvil and then maybe people wouldn’t complain so much about the price.

Petetbay

Can you get light or dark roast by altering the depth of the tip inside the Wand's coil? Also if you could comment on the heating times that'd be cool.
Yes you can play a bit with the depth much like the DV, the second click has about a 5 sec gap, as the heat is absorbed pretty slow, so you might add a few seconds after the click to get a darker roast maybe 3-5sec for herb, hash I add like 8-10sec. 45-60sec 1st warmup to 1st click depending on positioning, 35-45sec additional warmups. Never had any combusts unless I missed the 1st click, not as loud as the 2nd click.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yes you can play a bit with the depth much like the DV, the second click has about a 5 sec gap, as the heat is absorbed pretty slow, so you might add a few seconds after the click to get a darker roast maybe 3-5sec for herb, hash I add like 8-10sec. 45-60sec 1st warmup to 1st click depending on positioning, 35-45sec additional warmups. Never had any combusts unless I missed the 1st click, not as loud as the 2nd click.
Nice. Much appreciated 👍

leanpubpackage

I’ve always felt like the Anvil should have been shipped inside that storage tube. It should have came stock with every purchase of an Anvil and then maybe people wouldn’t complain so much about the price.
Agree, wasn’t worth the additional cost on top of an already premium priced device. Going to explore leather cases or even a futo wooden dugout

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Has any tired adding ruby beads to the XL Stem for more cooling?
A few of us have used boro balls and a buddy of mine tried Sic pearls. you need to add a a screen or 2 to help stop balls from getting free or possibly sealign depending on size. You can also put some in the body but same thing, you have to add some screens. I think i used 4 or 5 mm boro balls.

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I remove the screen as well to get a thorough cleaning of the inside of the bowl and under the screen. Have been waiting the promised tool by the creator of the vape.

dman28,
Top Bottom