Am I Crazy? (Lost vape from VaporSeller)

Esmeralda

I ordered a FlowerMate vape from Namaste/VaporSeller on 8/25/2016 hoping it would arrive before I left for a few days away on Sept 1st. Sept 1 comes and goes, no delivery. Home from vacation, Monday is a holiday, Tues rolls around, no vape, FedEx shipping now says PENDING after saying delivery was due Sept 1 for almost a week. Call FedEx. My package was on a truck that hit a telephone pole and caught on fire. They say, tough titty, contact Namaste. So I do.
Namaste says "Oh yeah, I heard about that. So sorry. Now wait while we figure out what to do." Wait Wait Wait nada.
I contact them again, it's now Thursday. Namaste says, "we are waiting for FedEx to tell us insurance will cover it and can't re-ship until that happens. Ohhh maybe tomorrow." I say, can you do expedited shipping then at least? (This vape is for my MEDICINE, folks) They say, sure if you want to pay for it.
So I threaten to dispute with my cc, spread their name in the forums, and take my future business to PuffItUp. They offer to send out today with a free grinder (whoop-ti-do) I already have a really good grinder. Whatever.
Am I crazy for thinking they should have done more?
Shouldn't someone AT LEAST have notified me that this whole mess was going on? Does it seem right to just wait for the customer to complain before you do something?
Oh, and I WILL be taking all future business to someone else.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
...and take my future business to PuffItUp. They offer to send out today with a free grinder (whoop-ti-do) I already have a really good grinder. Whatever.

Are you sayin' you blame puffitup for something??

A CC dispute seems the best way to go for your problems with the delivery(or lack thereof) of the flowermate, the seller you bought it from should be responsible for you actually receiving what you paid for.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I guess it all depends ... if you specifically chose a shipping option where you knew there was no or limited insurance, then it's on you I suppose; if it's the vendor that failed to purchase insurance for shipping, then it's on them; if FedEx isn't honoring their insurance or is disputing it or didn't properly communicate the lack of insurance, then it's on them. In all but the first scenario though I don't understand why the vendor wouldn't have immediately shipped you another one (although sometimes for smaller businesses, these complications can delay things a little bit as it does impact cash flow ... really not your problem though and agreed they should have communicated with you at the very least)

Edit: It sucks to be the one stuck in the middle!!!!

JCat,
Reactions: Morty

Squiby

I have had this sort of thing happen to me. It was all resolved in the end to my satisfaction, but it took awhile.

I looked into the process they follow here in Canada and it is a weird bureaucratic maze that takes time. The PO has their investigations and paperwork and the seller is not supposed to take action until they receive the PO paperwork. The customer gets mysterious and incomplete bits of info. For me it took about a month to get resolved and to receive the replacement pkg.

In comparison to the timeline I endured, it sounds like they are being quite responsive.

If you do not have a back up vape to tide you over, you could get an inexpensive Vapcap from PPU in a few days. Everyone should have a VC anyway.

I do hope that they are able to resolve it soon and hope that the quagmire of paperwork is less onerous for you than it is in Canada.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I ordered a FlowerMate vape from Namaste/VaporSeller on 8/25/2016 hoping it would arrive before I left for a few days away on Sept 1st. Sept 1 comes and goes, no delivery. Home from vacation, Monday is a holiday, Tues rolls around, no vape, FedEx shipping now says PENDING after saying delivery was due Sept 1 for almost a week. Call FedEx. My package was on a truck that hit a telephone pole and caught on fire. They say, tough titty, contact Namaste. So I do.
Namaste says "Oh yeah, I heard about that. So sorry. Now wait while we figure out what to do." Wait Wait Wait nada.
I contact them again, it's now Thursday. Namaste says, "we are waiting for FedEx to tell us insurance will cover it and can't re-ship until that happens. Ohhh maybe tomorrow." I say, can you do expedited shipping then at least? (This vape is for my MEDICINE, folks) They say, sure if you want to pay for it.
So I threaten to dispute with my cc, spread their name in the forums, and take my future business to PuffItUp. They offer to send out today with a free grinder (whoop-ti-do) I already have a really good grinder. Whatever.
Am I crazy for thinking they should have done more?
Shouldn't someone AT LEAST have notified me that this whole mess was going on? Does it seem right to just wait for the customer to complain before you do something?
Oh, and I WILL be taking all future business to someone else.

Should have went with PIU off the bat lol. Randy would have went to the crash, extinguish the flames, draw something cool on your box and hand deliver it!

Short version, the vendor should've taken care of you

Esmeralda

Are you sayin' you blame puffitup for something??

A CC dispute seems the best way to go for your problems with the delivery(or lack thereof) of the flowermate, the seller you bought it from should be responsible for you actually receiving what you paid for.

No I am saying I should have ordered from PuffItUp instead of trying to save some money.

Esmeralda

Yeah, I definitely will not be doing business with them again.
They SAID they would go ahead and ship today, regular mail and throw in a grinder (oh wow, all I asked for was expedited shipping).
I guess I'll be satisfied with that, but what I was mostly pissed at, was that no one notified the customers and then they were balking at re-sending when it says right in their terms of service that if delivery doesn't happen, they will reship at no cost.
It's really all on Namaste as far as I am concerned. Their problems with FedEx are just that, THEIR problem.

I'm curious what PUI would have done in this situation. I understand the paperwork factor, but surely a seller expects the insurance to go through, and can send a replacement in the meantime? In other words, @Esmeralda , you're not crazy.

Yeah, a replacement shipped in a timely manner (which means now, not later) is all I wanted.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

FreddieFresh

I might look around for the best price but PIU will match it or come as close as they can. And their cs is the best, hands down. You will never find better service in any industry. Basically, if they have what I want, then I have no need to go anywhere else. Randy is the man! But Jake needs more love too! That guy is a cs machine haha!

Of course, they are still human and mistakes happen but they're quick to fix them. Extremely quick in my experience. When I received my lsv it was missing a dry wand. I emailed them about it and I had a tracking number within the hour. I was blown away by how fast they took care of me. And when I was having trouble with it, Randy immediately offered to send me a new unit. No questions, no bullshit. Thankfully all it needed was a small adjustment. But Randy goes above and beyond every time. The man genuinely seems to care about his customers. And there's evidence to prove it!

Esmeralda

AAAAAND it's noon in Florida and still nothing. I was told via chat yesterday that my package would be reshipped right away, but no official notification of that and no shipping notification.
Beyond ridiculous now. I will never order from Namaste/Vaporseller again and I am getting ready to challenge this on my debit and make a report to the BBB.
So dumb.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Be careful with disputing the charge, unless you've formally cancelled the order. It can get sticky if the chargeback happens while the item is on its way.

They have 30 days to ship under FTC rules.

BBB complaint can be good to rufflle some feathers.

Esmeralda

Now they are saying they shipped and that I will receive it by 9/13 so we will see. As an aside, the original FedEx notification now says my item is undeliverable but in my hometown not in Florida? I don't think FedEx knows what they are doing.
I am still very very unhappy with the crappy customer service at Namaste/Vaporseller. I am not happy that they obviously have been reading all my posts here, but won't defend themselves in public. The emails I have received haven't been the best cs I ever saw, that's for sure. All I wanted was some communication, but that's too much trouble apparently.
Whatever, we'll see what happens next week and if I ACTUALLY ever receive anything or not.

Esmeralda

So it's 9/13 and still no vape. Their email says the replacement was SUPPOSEDLY sent on the 9th. I never received any kind of official notification of shipping, just an email reply with a tracking number, but of course, I have no way of knowing if it's really been shipped to me or not.
At this point, I just want my damn money back and I'll buy from PuffItUp from now one. This is ridiculous.
ETA:Namaste replied to my email. I guess my vape is lost again!? Second time they shipped it out and tracking shows it got as far as Nashville.
I can't believe this.
Guess I'll be hitting the bong for a while longer.
FML anyway.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Call FedEx. My package was on a truck that hit a telephone pole and caught on fire. They say, tough titty, contact Namaste. So I do.
I contact them again, it's now Thursday. Namaste says, "we are waiting for FedEx to tell us insurance will cover it and can't re-ship until that happens.
That alone is enough to make me never want to do business with them. They should have contacted you as soon as they heard about the accident. Even if they were still going to be stingy and wait for the Fed-Ex insurance, at least you would know what's going on.

I really don't like how they said they "can't" ship, more like "won't" ship. There's nothing stopping them from shipping you a new unit.

I can't believe they would be so difficult, especially with a relatively low priced item. I would have sent out a new unit as soon as I heard about the accident, before I even contacted the customer. Why damage your reputation just to save a few bucks? I don't understand how that's good for business in any way.

If they are that hard up for money that they can't afford to take a loss on a Flowermate to make a customer happy then I would have to guess that the way they are running their business isn't working out so well.

Esmeralda

Yeah, now they are saying the SECOND one is lost and that it's "BAD LUCK" and they can't control FedEx so I'll just have to wait till the trace results are in,
I really can't believe this.

Esmeralda

I have asked them to cancel twice now. They are saying they have to wait to hear about the trace. I am going to order from PuffItUp.

Esmeralda,
Top Bottom