Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

thunderstealer1337

I think he never had enough inventory.

He also said possibly the labels were made but never got printed.... What???? Wouldn't you have like 17/18 boxes still sitting on your outbound area with no label stuck on them the very next day???

Also, yesterday it was a first come first serve case by case scenario for stuck shipments from 7/2.

Today it's well 17 to 18 ppl lost their shipments and we dunno if usps lost it or we never printed the shipping label.

Weird huh.

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Gonz

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Worst case scenario, we spent $80.00 for a really nice plug in IH.

I think it is very lame to build a device in a way that makes changing the battery nearly impossible and would void the warranty. LiPos don't last that long when being used daily, so this device is already bound to be trash soon. It's cool that some of you made a bargain by pre ordering, but for 150$? And even for that intro pricing the quality of the device doesn't seem to justify it.

Just saying, I don't have a horse in that race anyway.

InvisiKat

I think he never had enough inventory.

He also said possibly the labels were made but never got printed.... What???? Wouldn't you have like 17/18 boxes still sitting on your outbound area with no label stuck on them the very next day???

Also, yesterday it was a first come first serve case by case scenario for stuck shipments from 7/2.

Today it's well 17 to 18 ppl lost their shipments and we dunno if usps lost it or we never printed the shipping label.

Weird huh.

Wowwww that sucks

InvisiKat,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I think it is very lame to build a device in a way that makes changing the battery nearly impossible and would void the warranty. LiPos don't last that long when being used daily, so this device is already bound to be trash soon. It's cool that some of you made a bargain by pre ordering, but for 150$? And even for that intro pricing the quality of the device doesn't seem to justify it.

Just saying, I don't have a horse in that race anyway.
I actually agree about the battery. I assumed the battery would be able to be swapped on the fly. Still, I can’t be upset at what I got for the price. I’m still gonna keep my name on waiting lists.

acstorfer,
Reactions: Siebter

purpletweed

I got mine in the mail, today! My lid and glass tube are both loose, and the magnet -- as has been mentioned -- is of the off-center sort, but the build is otherwise nice and this thing is tiny. I'll just have to pick up some glue over the weekend and fix it up.

thunderstealer1337

At least you got one, this first round seems very problematic, 2 days of actual qc - I believe you would have found the magnet and glue and incorrectly seated glass heaters.

Guess I sound like a complaining bitch, but I find it awkward everyone still treats the maker like he is God and hasn't done anything incorrect at all.

Ppl reporting getting incorrect engraved units, engravings not really centered, tops not glued down, glass heater loose. And the icing on top of the cake - usps labels may have been made - but never got printed, and or usps lost a delivery to them and also lost 17/18 outbound alpine packages. Is all bs/fluff, glad someone posted up they had direct message from maker that he never had enough units for first preorder. Hence the entire last week of - we will work on case by case scenario for ppl stuck on 7/2 and then on 7/8 update that usps lost the last 17/18 outbound packages....

Most awkward way of communication ever, don't email your paying customers pertinent information and only publicly blast it on forums.....

Emailing source gave me a copy and paste message of usps tracking doesnt update and we have customer testimony about this, but please keep looking at tracking.

Finally got dm response from randal after 2 days of sending it, saying my usps order will be cancelled tomorrow and they will ship it out on Monday via UPS.

Ugh what is stopping them from shipping the missing stuff that was shipped on 7/2 supposedly and now has been labeled as they never printed label or usps lost everything, I'm so confused over his way of communication.

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Nomad #111

Bigpoppafudge420

well I was looking into this bad boy but as usual it looks like FC is bailing a homie out. I think ill just hop on pipes wait list instead. Maybe next version will iron out some of the problems people have been having...if there is a next version.

purpletweed

So I pulled my top off and got the glass tube back in the correct configuration. Before I glue the top back on, does anyone have a good suggestion to adhere it so that I can pop it back off reasonably if needed? I was thinking of picking up some rubber adhesive tape or something instead of straight-up glue.

purpletweed,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

SatanLovestoVape

At least you got one, this first round seems very problematic, 2 days of actual qc - I believe you would have found the magnet and glue and incorrectly seated glass heaters.

Guess I sound like a complaining bitch, but I find it awkward everyone still treats the maker like he is God and hasn't done anything incorrect at all.

Ppl reporting getting incorrect engraved units, engravings not really centered, tops not glued down, glass heater loose. And the icing on top of the cake - usps labels may have been made - but never got printed, and or usps lost a delivery to them and also lost 17/18 outbound alpine packages. Is all bs/fluff, glad someone posted up they had direct message from maker that he never had enough units for first preorder. Hence the entire last week of - we will work on case by case scenario for ppl stuck on 7/2 and then on 7/8 update that usps lost the last 17/18 outbound packages....

Most awkward way of communication ever, don't email your paying customers pertinent information and only publicly blast it on forums.....

Emailing source gave me a copy and paste message of usps tracking doesnt update and we have customer testimony about this, but please keep looking at tracking.

Finally got dm response from randal after 2 days of sending it, saying my usps order will be cancelled tomorrow and they will ship it out on Monday via UPS.

Ugh what is stopping them from shipping the missing stuff that was shipped on 7/2 supposedly and now has been labeled as they never printed label or usps lost everything, I'm so confused over his way of communication.
That is a lot of work to get into touch with somebody. It should be just a simple email. At least, you are getting one shipped out on Monday, so they say.

SatanLovestoVape,
Reactions: LabPong

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So I pulled my top off and got the glass tube back in the correct configuration. Before I glue the top back on, does anyone have a good suggestion to adhere it so that I can pop it back off reasonably if needed? I was thinking of picking up some rubber adhesive tape or something instead of straight-up glue.
Hot Glue - Heat Gun removal process.

Can you post up a pic of the backside of the top please?

Hey @thunderstealer1337 - I don''t know anything about the maker or business practice so the 1.5 going on 2 for deductions falls in the category of 'delivery'. Good he's owned up to somehow clumsily loosing 17-18 pieces of product. Mine sat as waiting for 2 days. Maybe someone liberated a shipment while no one was looking. Serialization would have gone a long way to managing inventory and sales.

Last edited:

fatbiker

Ask @babaganush about communications. He has a direct line with the C-E-O :lol:

I literally just asked the CEO on reddit (u/mayberandall) about the validity of your claim and he was quick to respond with this: "Not sure where that came from but no that’s not the case. We have full stock and are shipping everything out this week! Hopefully finishing up by tomorrow evening."

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
They wouldn’t just send me a replacement panel with the magnet in the right direction so I finally just glued it on this morning. The other option would be doing an rma.

It’s a bit strange that between the months of late shipment, the top not attached to the unit, the magnet in the wrong direction, the battery being impossible to ever get to, and I don’t even know what to say about the battery level indicator that I’m still happy I got it. Surprisingly it works extremely well.

After ages of convincing myself I love the ritual of the butane torch I can honestly say I’m never going back as long as I have a choice. It’s not even about the ritual. My last of 3 torches died and having to go out for butane... Screw it! The IH heats my vapcap much more uniformly and it hits better.

While I’m happy with my IH because of the issues I listed above I’m keeping my place for a Flux on the waiting list. I’m still happy I got this over an Apollo. I figure even if the battery dies and I can’t replace it I can still use it as a plug in. Price aside, it’s a very nice looking accessory. THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON THE APOLLO, THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

CAP REVIEWS

All trials were with my Simrell Vortex and 7-fin LE titanium tip with titanium screen. Holy crap I love my rig!

Low temp cap (original): This is my favorite cap for butane torch use. It works insanely well with my Omnivap. Unfortunately for my IH it’s far too wimpy. If I go over the click it tastes burnt.

Captive cap: This was actually the best cap with the IH. I hate that it spins because I line the cap with the airport.

Original cap: Close enough to the captive cap, doesn’t spin, it’s my go to.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Did they cement the IH module down inside the case?

I'm sure there are ways to get to that cell by removing what looks to be the jack for the charger and whatever it is that's on the opposite site of it, but it doesn't seem to be an easy task to do so and then reassemble it nicely. It's actually *designed* to be hard to swap the battery by covering it with fixed internals and that's what irks me a bit. Or would irk me if I had such a device.

Last edited:

PigNib

It's not user-friendly but I don't think it's purposely made to be difficult to replace.
If they wanted to do that they would/could have just potted the entire inside ;>.
I popped off the lid and moved wires out of the way in 3 minutes.
The wires leading to the power button and 12v barrel would need to be un/resoldered or just put in a in-line connector.
Then the power button and 12v barrel could be removed and the battery pried out.
I'm sure it is just hot glued to the bottom and would likely come out easily.
Not that big of a deal IMO.

disclaimer: I used a decent ruler to carefully measure the below but didn't use a micrometer or anything super accurate like that.
Pretty sure the notch in the last pic isn't required but is probably there to simplify the automated router.
I think I'll just drill a small hole underneath the magnet and pop it out and replace with the correct one.

The good news is it works GREAT. It is certainly re-ignited my interest in the dynavap!

Top Bottom