Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

stark1

Lonesome Planet
🤔 Thanks, TD bear!

😴 Will flush out a voltmeter when everyone is awake. i have a 12V/6Amp charger as well.

—-Reading on (analog) Micronta: all three @50V scale gives readings of 12+ Volts, and the 3 voltage indicator lights on unit:peace:😤 stays at a constant 3 /4 lights.....

Any idea why the 2020 has 3 green lights, and 1 red, Teddy? & the ‘21 has 4 white.

PS Looks like mr_c has run into a temporary inconvenience; CC & money orders for time being?
DV also hit that hurdle, and Mass Drop.

Seems PP is way behind the times—altho I have bought way more vapor related
Paraphernalia than they will ever know, over the years. LOL

Last edited:
A Zipper carrying cass will be made available soon! the first 30 2021 buyers will receive one free!

Is this what you are thinking of?
Hmm. I seem to remember a post somewhere saying a zippered case would replace the canvas bag, but not sure where I read it.

From Randall's reddit post a few days ago:

"Chinese New Year break delayed the production of the zipper bag. We intended to do the first batch with carrying cases."

RideToLive,
Reactions: Bologna

DingoGlittering

I have been experimenting with various recommended strategies for the Alpine 2021 with Ti tip and standard cap and I have decided that for me going 3.5 seconds past the click every time it provides the perfect session. "One-one-thousand, Two-one-thousand, Three-one-thousand, Four--" and then hit it or put it in your water piece. This will give you 3-4 perfect hits that you can take all the way to the cooldown click and then throw right back in the Alpine. YMMV! Now all I need is my carrying pouch...

Melvinator

Just received mine last week. 1 out of the 4 leds that indicate battery doesn't work unless you smack it from behind. (giggity)
also when i plug in the unit to charge the power supply flashes red and green non stop. all other devices that accept that power supply does not do this and works correctly.

Melvinator,
  • Sad

DingoGlittering

Just received mine last week. 1 out of the 4 leds that indicate battery doesn't work unless you smack it from behind. (giggity)
also when i plug in the unit to charge the power supply flashes red and green non stop. all other devices that accept that power supply does not do this and works correctly.
Reach out to them on their site or on discord. They reported around 5% (maybe it was lower) of the units in this batch having those issues and they will take care of it for you.

DingoGlittering,
Reactions: Melvinator

Melvinator

Reach out to them on their site or on discord. They reported around 5% (maybe it was lower) of the units in this batch having those issues and they will take care of it for you.
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. Will email them now. Really hope its 5% of the batch effected only, for their sake.

Did I read incorrectly in thinking the magnet would be upgraded as well?

Melvinator,

DingoGlittering

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. Will email them now. Really hope its 5% of the batch effected only, for their sake.
Based on the info they are putting out in the discord and reddit (and my perfectly functional unit) I believe QC has really stepped up compared to the disastrous 2020 Alpine (my impression, I was not a customer at the time).

DingoGlittering,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Do you suppose Jeff would acquisce to just sending out a replacement battery? Or at least let know
Which it is, and/or let us know a source for it.

i would hate to bite into his expense at mailing to/from, it is not light.

Jeff, I know you may be under water if you join this thread, it shure would be benign on your end.. Haha

stark1,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Hmmm, it took my chatting with SV "CS" last week (on thurs, about a different issue, no less...) to find out they received my device that was delivered damaged to me on the 2nd... to which I inquired what the hold up was... and the reply was that it (and other devices) needs to be processed and FIXED in the order it was received.... and I almost flipped-out. FIXED? it was delivered banged up and BROKEN and then informed them of my discussion w/Randall and how he said a REPLACEMENT would be sent out PRIORITY MAIL IMMEDIATELY once received.... nope. more bs, per usual... at least it looks I'll be getting a new one eventually, prolly just gotta wait til after the next slow-boat from China...

Order SV-XXXXX​

March 05, 2021 11:03AM

Product Alpine 2021 SKU ALPINE-TG Price $ 119.99 Quantity 1 Total $ 119.99
Subtotal$ 119.99
Discounts:warranty ( -$ 119.99 )
Total$ 0.00 USD

Billing Address​

Payment Status: Paid
XXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXX XXXXXXX
XX XXXXX Road
XXXXXXXX MA XXXXX
United States

Shipping Address​

Fulfillment Status: Unfulfilled
XXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXX XXXXXXX
XX XXXXX Road
XXXXXXXX MA XXXXX
United States

They hit the nail on the head with the "Unfulfilled" part above...

somehow, I ALWAYS end up feeling this way being a SV customer...

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Beware, people.
I was sent a broken IH from batch1 on Feb 18. It didn't work. Nothing.
I emailed immediately, and was advised to try different outlets. Still nothing, then I got the run around for days, but I got a return label and sent it back the 22nd.
I got an email the 26th, and they had it.
Today they said they couldn't fix it, there were problems with the battery/ pcb combo in a handful of units. They offered to a replacement send from batch2.
I said I wanted a refund.
They said they don't give refunds on used IH.
It wasn't used. It never worked to use it.
I pointed this out.
They then said it was over 14 days.
It was returned less than 14 days.
So they sent a broken IH with battery/pcb issues, and that is beyond repair.
Now they refuse to give a refund for reasons that don't apply.

ChilledAsian

Beware, people.
I was sent a broken IH from batch1 on Feb 18. It didn't work. Nothing.
I emailed immediately, and was advised to try different outlets. Still nothing, then I got the run around for days, but I got a return label and sent it back the 22nd.
I got an email the 26th, and they had it.
Today they said they couldn't fix it, there were problems with the battery/ pcb combo in a handful of units. They offered to a replacement send from batch2.
I said I wanted a refund.
They said they don't give refunds on used IH.
It wasn't used. It never worked to use it.
I pointed this out.
They then said it was over 14 days.
It was returned less than 14 days.
So they sent a broken IH with battery/pcb issues, and that is beyond repair.
Now they refuse to give a refund for reasons that don't apply.
This exactly happened to me, so I'm still waiting for my unit now on month 7....

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Gee, I threaten to call the Better Business Bureau and a few days later post about it here and then a couple of days later, magically, Source speaks and offers new stems...A few more days after that, @Madri-Gal posts about her woes online and BAM, more communication... After what Madri-Gal (me and others, too!) went thru, I take back everything I said about ol' Randy... “A leopard never changes its spots”, indeed...

E-mail received 3:35PM today:
1615758708784.png

Maybe the dude should spend less time reading the forums and reddit and focus more on bringing a quality product to market....?

Haemaerae

So happy i did not went to these, but decided to drop couple euros more for well know and respected manufacturer. I hope you all get sorted out, but damn if IH markets arent fucked up in so many ways. Only couple of trustworthy vendors who actually delivers working devices.

Maybe there should be a page which follows how these IH manufacturers handle business. Like Trustpilot or similar. Yeah we have FC but actual important information gets buried here quite easily.

Mowjo

Has anyone gotten anything after their email from March 13? I saw their stem offer but my IH replacement is sitting in unfulfilled in the order history.

Mowjo,

shatter-reality

Has anyone gotten anything after their email from March 13? I saw their stem offer but my IH replacement is sitting in unfulfilled in the order history.
They’ve had my RMA unit since the beginning of December. I got it the second week of July. It started acting stupid in October. It quit working beginning of November. RMA’d and just been sitting here wishing I had bought a Dynacup or Portside.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I was told I'd get a refund, but didn't get one. Contacted Randall, and told to " be patient " and it would be at my bank by the middle of last week. I contacted Randall on Friday, and was told it had to be checked on, as there was no note for a refund.
I sent over the email saying I was to get one. Now he is saying he will "try again", and give him a week for the refund.
I'm going to let my bank get the money back, but thought I'd give an update.

Mowjo

New update up about this.

Pcba programming with a new fix for the red ring issue. And now we are supposed to wait for the dongle to arrive so they can do the firmware upgrade.

Additionally there is going to be a new wood option which with how they've been operating it makes me think they found an issue with the original one.

Should have gotten a Dynacup lol.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I received this (yet again) 'timely' update on Saturday:

SourrceVapesSucksOldmanBalls.JPG

So, GOOD NEWS...! We should be getting the units we paid for months ago, back in good working order 2-4 weeks from WHENEVER....!?

Thanks for the detailed info, SourVaps!

Top Bottom