• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

All glass medical grade dry herb vaporizer

Who wants to see an dry herb all glass medical grade vaporizer

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

JJR

Manufacturer
I have created a desktop style vaporizer that utilizes only glass parts, the entire airpath is borosilicate glass, the nichrome heating element is covered in glass and completely seperate from the incoming air. When you draw from it the air travels through the "proprietary glass mixing chamber" that mixes incoming air with heat produced from the encapsulated nichrome coil. This technology achieves what I have not seen from any other vaporizer hence the reason I have created it. The vape uses a digital pid controller with a k type thermocouple to regulate itself to any temperature that you set it to. This vape is handheld unlike any other home/desktop vaporizers it has a thin cord connecting to the control unit that contains the thermocouple wire and power wires. The unit functions by turning on the digital temperature control unit, selecting any temperature from 0-999 degrees, loading dry herb into the end of the glass tube that is the mouthpiece and then sliding it into the heating unit and drawing. When drawn from the air comes in from the side of the mixing chamber through a small hole in the glass then down the inside of the borosilicate tube in between two tubes of different diameters and then up from the bottomthrough holes in the inner tube. Air then passes over a glass tube with a nichrome heating coil inside it, up into the herb at the end of the mouthpiece and then into your lungs. Plastic/ceramic/metal free 100% borosilicate from entrance to exit. There is a screen thats not even completely necessary to stop herb from falling out of the mouthpiece and into the bottom of the chamber and a screen behind the herb to stop you from sucking it in. Literally the only metal in the airpath. The heat up time is about 60 seconds. I would like to start producing these vapes for the community of vapers who would appreciate not sucking air past a metal/ceramic heating element and would enjoy knowing that they are producing the cleanest vapor possible by having all glass parts, a feature not available from anwhere else. This vaporizer when set to the recommended vaping temps produces thick powerful vapor clouds consistently (like mouth coating bong hit clouds) without any chance of combustion it does not produce wispy barely visable vapor unless thats what you want and you have the temp set low. There is also a built in timer adjustable from 0-999 minutes so whatever you set it to in minutes it will turn itself off if you forget about it and leave it on. Please tell me your thoughts on this subject-JJR

Last edited:
Also, do NOT use imgur.com. It does not work on this forum.

I am using tinypic.com amd it is working well.

Hackerman,
Reactions: arb

JJR

Manufacturer
Is that a metal screen in this pic?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlaxOZ1FVrC/?taken-by=1alientek1

Not sure what it at the bottom of the shot, just inside before the glass screen.

@Stu @pakalolo
Should this be moved to the DIY thread?
Theres no glass screen what you see is the mouthpiece a bit used so its dirty, theres a metal screen inside that sits behind the herb then above that what your seeing is a puddle of abv oil that accumulates inside the tube from the diffusion process due to the vapor hitting the side wall of the tube and the oil dripping down before it enters your mouth

Theres no glass screen what you see is the mouthpiece a bit used so its dirty, theres a metal screen inside that sits behind the herb then above that what your seeing is a puddle of abv oil that accumulates inside the tube from the diffusion process due to the vapor hitting the side wall of the tube before entering your mouth
I will add a pic of a clean mouthpeliece!

I will add a pic of a clean mouthpeliece!
https://instagram.com/p/Bla3QAzFpSX/

Last edited by a moderator:
JJR,
Reactions: steama

lazylathe

Almost there...
Theres no glass screen what you see is the mouthpiece a bit used so its dirty, theres a metal screen inside that sits behind the herb then above that what your seeing is a puddle of abv oil that accumulates inside the tube from the diffusion process due to the vapor hitting the side wall of the tube and the oil dripping down before it enters your mouth

So then it is not an all glass airpath... Get rid of the screen, then you are all glass.

To have a look at an ALL GLASS vape, take a look at the Glass Symphony.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-symphony-xlr.24261/

With the latest glass mesh bowl there is zero metal anywhere.

JJR

Manufacturer
So then it is not an all glass airpath... Get rid of the screen, then you are all glass.

To have a look at an ALL GLASS vape, take a look at the Glass Symphony.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-symphony-xlr.24261/

With the latest glass mesh bowl there is zero metal anywhere.

Thats a contraption almost like a dab rig of sorts. Similar to the subliminator but made of glass. Sure if its got a glass screen thats great but the style of it doesn't interest me at all. Those of us who enjoy sitting back on the couch and being able to hold the vaporizer in there hand and the simplicity of it with being able to relax and take hits will enjoy this vape. No fire hazards to worry about if it tips over and not leaning over it awkwardly to take a hit. The fact that the screen is not part of the heater assembly and theres no air passing over a hot metal coil does make it a glass airpath. The screens can also be removed if it bothered you but you then may get material in your mouth. The fact that the only metal is the screen and it is after the herb poses no issues because it does not reach temperatures above 300deg but essentialy you are right it is not 100% glass airpath because of the screen being metal.

Thats a contraption almost like a dab rig of sorts. Similar to the subliminator but made of glass. Sure if its got a glass screen thats great but the style of it doesn't interest me at all. Those of us who enjoy sitting back on the couch and being able to hold the vaporizer in there hand and the simplicity of it with being able to relax and take hits will enjoy this vape. No fire hazards to worry about if it tips over and not leaning over it awkwardly to take a hit. The fact that the screen is not part of the heater assembly and theres no air passing over a hot metal coil does make it a glass airpath. The screens can also be removed if it bothered you but you then may get material in your mouth. The fact that the only metal is the screen and it is after the herb poses no issues because it does not reach temperatures above 300deg but essentialy you are right it is not 100% glass airpath because of the screen being metal.
And can you confirm that vape does not use a metal screen because it looks like the material is sitting on a metal screen in the videos?

JJR,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It is a cool concept but is the airpath separated form the electronics ? Where does fresh air come in the unit ,is it from top or from the bottom,sides ?
If it travels trough cables and wood you should make an attempt to insulate it as a next step.

Abysmal Vapor,

JJR

Manufacturer
It is a cool concept but is the airpath separated form the electronics ? Where does fresh air come in the unit ,is it from top or from the bottom,sides ?
If it travels trough cables and wood you should make an attempt to insulate it as a next step.
The air only travels through glass no electronics,wood, or anything else see the pics on instagram for full details. The air enters through a hole in the side of the outer tube of glass, gets preheated by passing between outer and inner tube and then it comes into the the inner tube through holes in bottom from there it passes over the glass encapsulated heater that is completely sealed off at the bottom of the unit and up through the mouth piece

Last edited:

hoptimum

The air only travels through glass no electronics,wood, or anything else see the pics for details the air enters through a hole in the side of the outer tube of glass, gets preheated by passing between outer and inner tube and then it comes into the the inner tube through holes in bottom from there it passes over the glass encapsulated heater that is completely sealed off at the bottom of the unit and up through the mouth piece

how is it functionally better than the Vapolution?

JJR

Manufacturer
how is it functionally better than the Vapolution?

Its not made of plastic, it is comfortably handheld,you can lay it down on any surface, there is no whips or hoses, it is easily taken apart to be repaired, you can see where the air enters the path it takes and how it exits fully understanding there is no way to vaporize or burn off anything but the product you put into it im sure theres more positive features but thats what I have as of now.

hoptimum

Its not made of plastic, it is comfortably handheld,you can lay it down on any surface, there is no whips or hoses, it is easily taken apart to be repaired, you can see where the air enters the path it takes and how it exits fully understanding there is no way to vaporize or burn off anything but the product you put into it im sure theres more positive features but thats what I have as of now.

well, the Vapolution doesn't require whips or hoses, either, and you can follow the vapor from the all glass heating chamber through the glass stem. moreover, it works best with unground herb.

JJR

Manufacturer
well, the Vapolution doesn't require whips or hoses, either, and you can follow the vapor from the heating chamber through the glass stem. moreover, it works best with unground herb.
I dont have a vapolution so I dont know details any more than what I can see online and in videos, it may not require whips or hoses but it is not comfortably handheld as to be able to sit back draw from it place it down and continue to use it in a comfortable positionwhile holding it. The design of being a handheld unit made of glass and wood and the way the propriortary heating chamber is constructed I believe is superior to any other vaporizer in existence. Also any claim of being able to vaporize effeciently with unground products is misleading you can not extract all of the necessary components from an unground product with a convection vaporizer it may work to an extent but is not effecient as the air will go around the product and vaporize most of the exterior but not the interior of a dense product.

How much for me to buy,try and report back here?
Im not sure on cost yet as im still in the working prototype phase

Im not sure on cost yet as im still in the working prototype phase
Where do you live if you dont mind me asking?

JJR,
Reactions: arb

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the air will go around the product and vaporize most of the exterior but not the interior of a dense product.

yes, and after the first 5 or 6 hits i need to stir and break up the pieces, which are quite crispy at this point … the cube is easy to hand hold.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: lazylathe

hoptimum

I dont have a vapolution so I dont know details any more than what I can see online and in videos, it may not require whips or hoses but it is not comfortably handheld as to be able to sit back draw from it place it down and continue to use it in a comfortable positionwhile holding it. The design of being a handheld unit made of glass and wood and the way the propriortary heating chamber is constructed I believe is superior to any other vaporizer in existence. Also any claim of being able to vaporize effeciently with unground products is misleading you can not extract all of the necessary components from an unground product with a convection vaporizer it may work to an extent but is not effecient as the air will go around the product and vaporize most of the exterior but not the interior of a dense product.

I'll disagree with you about the Vapolution's extraction capability. It probably extracts cannabinoids as well as any vaporizer I've tried. I think if you intend to play in that ballpark, you owe it to yourself to check out the competition.

JJR

Manufacturer
yes, and after the first 5 or 6 hits i need to stir and break up the pieces, which are quite crispy at this point … the cube is easy to hand hold.
I dont agree that its very comfortable to hold with the controls on it and the shape but to each is own, also why not just break it up from the start and get a full extraction why would you want do it in two steps.

I'll disagree with you about the Vapolution's extraction capability. It probably extracts cannabinoids as well as any vaporizer I've tried. I think if you intend to play in that ballpark, you owe it to yourself to check out the competition.
But you also have not tried this one!!

I have tried many vapes and they are all about the same trust me when I say this one is different, soon you will have your chance if you want it.

JJR,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I dont agree that its very comfortable to hold with the controls on it and the shape but to each is own, also why not just break it up from the start and get a full extraction why would you want do it in two steps.

i meant my cube is easy to hold in my hand … and my pid controller and a k-type thermocouple, are in the cube - two buttons for temp setting.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: lazylathe

JJR

Manufacturer
i meant my cube is easy to hold in my hand … and my pid controller and a k-type thermocouple, are in the cube - two buttons for temp setting.
Thats great im sure it is a fine product, I dont want to argue about comfort but it seems that a sleek cylinder shape with no protrusions would rival a cube shape in a humans hand as far as comfort and ease of use. Also I would like to know if your vape gets hot enough to vaporize herbs and has a completely glass airpath(meaning the heater is covered in glass) how does it reach the necessary temps of 500+ degrees without affecting the electronic components. Actually I think I answered my own question, that is if its taking 5 or 6 hits then breaking up for another round of hits to complete a pack it must not have as powerful of a heater and be able to deliver potent hits by extracting all the essential oils in a 1 or 2 draws like the Alien Technology Vapor System does therefore it must not have the heat capacity or retention of my design to be able to house the electronics in the same unit as the heater.

Last edited:
JJR,
Top Bottom