• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

mulciber

I believe the leaks is coming from the left corner, bowl side and the mp pointing to my face, the corner with magnet. I need a lot of pressure cause an elastic band didn't worked although I'll try with another one which fits tighter.
This is explain the difference in performances peoples are encountering, please, if you have one which is wispy, try my trick and report please. For me it works very well and I get big clouds on the first draw with the temp set at 190°C.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that if you explained this all to Apollo they'd send you a replacement. You shouldn't have to go through such machinations.

R1ng0

Yep tried that they asked me send a video to prove it. However PPN you I are spot on I can now get clouds at 172C nice big tasty ones , plus with the other mods it works fine now.

Okla68

I havent combusted a single load since adding the screen and im actually enjoying it more than my X now. For anyone curious, I got under the disk and this is what it looks like
20200904_141913.jpg

I had a thick layer of resin before cleaning that was restricting airflow a bit. I used a T4 magnetized bit to remove the screw. I would love to be able to bond the screw and disk, so i could just spin the disk off when i want to clean it. Would have to be an epoxy or adhesive that can withstand higher temps and does not off gas. if anyone has suggestions, let me know.
Mine is a T2 !

Okla68,
Reactions: Dayton

DryBonesufo

I have tried some convection vapes. The ones I have tried are: mivape, fury 2 and V-tower. The V-Tower is a beast and emits voluminous clouds. The mivape was a bust. The fury 2 is great with the water attachment. All of my other vapes: airvape X, haze 3, vapir NO2 and Vapium summit. All are great vapes.....but I truly enjoy the Airvape vapirizers and the V-Tower. As I have gotten older, I really enjoy the terpenes. I guess I’m not a cloud chaser. It is just my own personal thing. Also, for me, I need to get the medicine in me.....most importantly. I suffer with chronic pain (spine) and PTSD, so the clouds are not as important as the meds. By the way, I love interacting with everyone on FC. Sometimes it is hard for some people to understand the reason I medicate with herb instead of taking opioids. I don’t need to defend or explain myself here. Thank you all for all the great advice and interaction. Namaste ❤
Fury uses “convection style heating “, it’s not full convection like a Ghost or Firefly 2+. On demand convection and convection style are different.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I understand the difference between on demand and session vapes. A number of the vapes I mentioned were hybrids. Aside the semantics, this vape is truly convection. I left it on and did not inhale for 3 minutes. It looked untouched. If you do not draw, it will not hit the bowl. I am pleased. That is my story and I’m vaping it.🤩

DryBonesufo

I understand the difference between on demand and session vapes. A number of the vapes I mentioned were hybrids. Aside the semantics, this vape is truly convection. I left it on and did not inhale for 3 minutes. It looked untouched. If you do not draw, it will not hit the bowl. I am pleased. That is my story and I’m vaping it.🤩
That’s exactly what I need to hear about this vape. Going to place my order Monday! Here’s hoping I’ll get it at a decent time lol

How is the on-demand feature on this vape?

DryBonesufo,

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I have been using it for sessions. I am going to practice the on demand feature this coming week. I will relay the results as soon as I can.

lauri melissa,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
That’s exactly what I need to hear about this vape. Going to place my order Monday! Here’s hoping I’ll get it at a decent time lol

How is the on-demand feature on this vape?

If you believe this vape is convection without the basket, you are relying on faith and BS. I am a fan and I prefer this to my OTHER hybrid portable, the Crafty+. The only true convection portables I own have a ceramic insulator between the heating element(s) and the coils:
MV-1
Airvape X

There are some portables (e.g. Lynx GHIA) that have a quartz bowl - another good insulator.

How heat moves- extracted from https://science.nasa.gov/science-ne...jects touching,liquids flowing in a container.

In school, most of us learned that heat moves by conduction, convection, and radiation.

The first two are mechanical -- objects have to be in direct contact with each other. The third is not. And there is a fourth method that we usually are not taught.

Conduction involves solid objects touching each other. Heat is just atoms and molecules in motion. In a solid, they vibrate in place and bump each other, so heat transfers slowly.

Convection involves liquids flowing in a container. Because the atoms and molecules in a liquid are not locked in place, they can expand outward - get more elbow room - as they bump into each other. That makes the hot fluid less dense than the cold fluid, and the cold fluid slides under, pushing the hot fluid to the top.

Radiation involves electromagnetic radiation, light waves, being emitted by one body and absorbed by another, like holding your hand in the sunlight.

The weightlessness of space means that convection does not occur since gravity's effects are reduced to about 1/1,000th (or less) the strength of gravity on Earth. Since nothing is heavier or lighter, nothing falls and everything floats.

Diffusion is the kind of heat transfer which becomes important. The hot atoms and molecules will slowly push their way into the crowd of colder atoms and molecules and gradually spread the heat over a wide area. It is kind of like a fragrance filling a room.

We usually are not taught about diffusion as a heat transfer method because most of our experience is on Earth where gravity and convection rule. But in space, it becomes an important factor in calculating how long an experiment might take."

The basket suspends the load, but was manufactured defective. IN a previous post, I pointed out it is the size of a cabinet screw on a PC. Unfortunately, the DEPTH of that fix was wrong and suspended the load 0.200" too high. The load must be within 0.050" to vaporize at the set temp (not 420 as was my previous experience). The basket must come to a 'nipple tip' as the original poorly-sized did. An incredible side benefit is the efficiency, which rivals anything I have owned for extraction that I have experienced.
Ciao,
Kimo

See the illustration from NASA below. If the hern contacts the bowl, you have conduction at that interface.
The screen or basket provides a tin layer of insulating air that eliminated the conduction element in the system.

If you believe this vape is convection without the basket, you are relying on faith and BS. I am a fan and I prefer this to my OTHER hybrid portable, the Crafty+. The only true convection portables I own have a ceramic insulator between the heating elemet(s) and the coils:
MV-1
Airvape X

So please, let's not drink the Manufacture's Cool-aid. You cannot claim a convection vape wherein the bowl temp (not air alone) reaches vaporization temperatures. Get us a properly formed CONVECTION basket and watch the feedback, Airvape!

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Thank you for the science lesson, it was very enlightening. I am always learning something new about the mechanics of vaporization.

lauri melissa,

mulciber

If you believe this vape is convection without the basket, you are relying on faith and BS. I am a fan and I prefer this to my OTHER hybrid portable, the Crafty+. The only true convection portables I own have a ceramic insulator between the heating element(s) and the coils:
MV-1
Airvape X

Not sure where you're getting that the Airvape X is a convection device. It isn't. I do wish Apollo provided better technical information.

While I appreciate your very careful explanation I think there is still some dispute about how to qualify the way the Legacy operates. I disagree, and advise anyone interested in the device that it's my belief that the convection claims are completely valid, although I certainly don't want to elevate this conversation to a debate, and this is all I'll have to say about it.

I base my belief upon certain evidence I've observed in the past month or so. I'd rather not take a lot of space with this, but for example, this photo [ https://tinyurl.com/yxm7u7cq ] would quite definitely appear to indicate that the heat pattern is a column that rises from the center area in directly the same position as the air opening at the bottom of the chamber. I think it goes without saying that if the chamber were made of a completely heat non-conductive substance, or if, as suggested, the mesh screen worked properly, we'd probably be able to make this determination a bit more easily. I've no doubt that the heat conducted by the metal bowl has some effect, but in my opinion it is quite minimal.

Last edited:

mc

the basket that comes with the device barely works. Thus proving it's more of a hybrid device. If it was pure convection, that basket would work perfectly at the same temp as a full bowl. Yet we know from testing if you make the basket wider so it touches the side you get more vapor.

Just sitting a loaded bowl with the heat on isn't going to prove much because you would need a few time to get the sides heats as much as it does when pulling through. It's not like the pax where the side wall heat is direct.

So in my opinion, it's a convection vape that gets a bit of conduction help.

DryBonesufo

Seems as though the Firefly2+ is the only master of on demand convection heating with pure flavor and minimal cleaning.

DryBonesufo,

mc

I would say the TInymite is the easiest to upkeep if you use their WPA adapter. All you do is wipe out the glass stem once in a while. It's also a BEAST cloud producer.

mc,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
My apologies, Mulciber - my post was a bit aggressive because my goal was exactly to get the debate going.
I could be totally wrong on the X, my conclusion is that air enters the sides and is sucked up from a ceramic bowl with a perforated bottom.
I ASSUME the bowl never reaches the set temp, but rather the drawn air does. On the other hand, that bowl could be wrapped in nichrome wire for all I know.

So I measured the temp of the Legacy bowl last night with an industrial IR thermo. The bowl only reaches 80*C with the display set at 165.
Since this is below minimal vaporization temp for THCa, I will admit this finding supports the experience as well as the hypothesis: the contribution of conduction is minimal. So what is the deal on the Firefly? Same?

mulciber

My apologies, Mulciber - my post was a bit aggressive because my goal was exactly to get the debate going.
I could be totally wrong on the X, my conclusion is that air enters the sides and is sucked up from a ceramic bowl with a perforated bottom.
I ASSUME the bowl never reaches the set temp, but rather the drawn air does. On the other hand, that bowl could be wrapped in nichrome wire for all I know.

So I measured the temp of the Legacy bowl last night with an industrial IR thermo. The bowl only reaches 80*C with the display set at 165.
Since this is below minimal vaporization temp for THCa, I will admit this finding supports the experience as well as the hypothesis: the contribution of conduction is minimal. So what is the deal on the Firefly? Same?

No apology necessary, K!! This is all in the spirit of exploration. My only experience with the Firefly is the first version, which I sort of enjoyed from time to time, but found incredibly problematic and ultimately gave it away. It had some outstanding characteristics and the design (my field) was very interesting and well-executed in many ways. It had the concept exactly right in the bowl department. It had an open bottom, similar to the Legacy's, but the bowl was lined in borosilicate glass and never became hot to the touch. The OG Firefly's problems were innate, and the device came with a huge learning curve. Once you got it, you could enjoy a nice session with it, but it made you jump through hoops. I understand the 2.0 version had much better firmware and an app that let you make certain trade-offs for more efficient operation.

I actually purchased the Legacy because, in my opinion, it picked up some of the better qualities of the Firefly and built on them. I am a huge fan of their accomplishment. I suspect a new version will come out next year (if they make money on this one), and it will be even better.

mulciber

Does this unit smell while not used with herb still in the chamber?

If your smeller is quite sensitive and you put your nose right up to it, you can smell a trace near the mouthpiece, but nowhere else. In my opinion the smell factor for this device is definitely negligible to smell-free. If you know the Airvape X, that is far, far more fragrant when not in use, to give you a rough idea. Convection devices in general don't smell as much as conduction.

mulciber,
Reactions: Okla68

DryBonesufo

Just ordered mine. Hope doesn’t take too long. My cousin usually ships stuff to me in Chicago usps priority and take about 4 days... I hope I get that luck. I don’t know if this is being shipped right out of Cali or somewhere else.

DryBonesufo

I don’t know if I should believe it. But, I ordered my Legacy on the 16 and is expected delivery by USPS by Monday 21st.. super excited!!

DryBonesufo,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I don’t know if I should believe it. But, I ordered my Legacy on the 16 and is expected delivery by USPS by Monday 21st.. super excited!!
I wonder, what made you get the Airvape Legacy for full price verses other $200+ vaporizers? Such as a TinyMight, Airiser, Firefly 2, Mighty, Pax3. Just trying to get your point of view. I do love my legacy though.

Toivarita,

DryBonesufo

I wonder, what made you get the Airvape Legacy for full price verses other $200+ vaporizers? Such as a TinyMight, Airiser, Firefly 2, Mighty, Pax3. Just trying to get your point of view. I do love my legacy though.
To let you know... I have the 1st generation Mighty, 5 years going strong, I had the Pax3, have a Milaana, Arizer air, Fury 2, Boundless Tera, Ghost MV1, Firefly 2+, Crafty +.

DryBonesufo,

Toivarita

999 Forever
To let you know... I have the 1st generation Mighty, 5 years going strong, I had the Pax3, have a Milaana, Arizer air, Fury 2, Boundless Tera, Ghost MV1, Firefly 2+, Crafty +.
A collector! Nice! Well that answers it. I would definitely say that the Legacy, and also a dynavap with induction heater, are needed in the lineup.

Top Bottom