AirVape legacy

Okla68

Dont know WHEN it Started, but, my order was March 6...STULL NOTHING....Got the Same Song and Dance during a Phone Call to Apollo Yesterday !!!

Okla68,

Slade

Apparently, someone received one...there's a review!

https://marysvapes.com/airvape-legacy-review/

This is dated July 4, 2020. I don't know how legit this is...I am not familiar with this site. If it's legit, at least there's hope!

In any event, I ordered mine on March 5. I understand that the pandemic has screwed up the supply chain, but Airvape's communications have been sorely lacking with no updates and vague shipping estimates. They would be doing themselves and their customers a favor by being more proactive and transparent in communicating the shipping status.

Last edited:

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
Wow an actual hands on! It's a miracle!

Not going to lie though, my first impression of this site is that it's pretty airvape shilly.. disproportionate number of posts including the airvape x and now the only review of the legacy? Something is fishy

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Just cancelled my order, I'm tired of thinking about this.

I'm thinking that this is fundamentally not ready for prime time, and I don't love the under-the-table-kickstarter vibe I'm getting.

Good luck to all, and if it turns out to be good I will be happy to pay full price down the road.

Slade

Wow an actual hands on! It's a miracle!

Not going to lie though, my first impression of this site is that it's pretty airvape shilly.. disproportionate number of posts including the airvape x and now the only review of the legacy? Something is fishy
That was my first thought too. Not many reviews of other companies' products...although there were "roundups" comparing a number of different makes of vapes. I double checked the domain ownership and it is different than Airvape's...not that that is conclusive.

Still, it is odd that this seems to be the only report of having the Legacy in one's hands...the only report...

Okla68

That was my first thought too. Not many reviews of other companies' products...although there were "roundups" comparing a number of different makes of vapes. I double checked the domain ownership and it is different than Airvape's...not that that is conclusive.

Still, it is odd that this seems to be the only report of having the Legacy in one's hands...the only report...
One heck of a POSITIVE REVIEW....Obviously EXCITED NOW !!!!
Ordered mine the 6th March, so I should be right behind you Slade !
Altho I agree the site is Airvape Heavy !
Would be Really Rude of them to Falsify a Vape Review, BUT !!!
Has anyone Heard of "Marys Vapes" prior to this posting....only been vaping for a lil over 2 years, done lots of reading, Never heard of it Before...Anyone Else ?

Last edited:

Pur3inity

Has anyone Heard of "Marys Vapes" prior to this posting....only been vaping for a lil over 2 years, done lots of reading, Never heard of it Before...Anyone Else ?
Hello. Yesterday and today googled airvape legacy as recent as one month and under, marysvapes were not in the results. I'm baffled. Then again I'm not tech savvy but glad to hear how cool the unit is in hand after long sessions and battery life.

Okla68

Found this while searching for evidence of "marysvapes" !
I guess its a legit page and Not one created by Airvape/Appollo !
Finding reviews from Jan. 2018.

unique

Sorry, but Marysvapes is the shilliest site. Their “blog” is an awful lot like the Airvape blog, down to the style of stock photos: https://airvapeusa.com/blogs/airvape-insiders

I was within the first few orders based on the order numbers posted earlier in this thread, and I have not received mine. I’ve emailed them politely a couple times and have received the same template replies as everyone else. I’m somewhere south of outraged (like other have expressed here), but we’re well past the supposed first day of shipping and they can’t give anyone a straight answer. Wouldn’t it be better if they just said “sorry we messed up, COVID etc., but it’s going to be another month, or we’re not even sure based on supply chains” as opposed to giving very purposely vague answers? I’m close to canceling but am holding out, thinking that credit card protection may save me if (when) needed.

Okla68

Sorry, but Marysvapes is the shilliest site. Their “blog” is an awful lot like the Airvape blog, down to the style of stock photos: https://airvapeusa.com/blogs/airvape-insiders

I was within the first few orders based on the order numbers posted earlier in this thread, and I have not received mine. I’ve emailed them politely a couple times and have received the same template replies as everyone else. I’m somewhere south of outraged (like other have expressed here), but we’re well past the supposed first day of shipping and they can’t give anyone a straight answer. Wouldn’t it be better if they just said “sorry we messed up, COVID etc., but it’s going to be another month, or we’re not even sure based on supply chains” as opposed to giving very purposely vague answers? I’m close to canceling but am holding out, thinking that credit card protection may save me if (when) needed.
After viewing Both, I AGREE in the Similarity of the 2 sites.
Its TIME FOR HONESTY ! Time to STOP TRYING TO SAVE FACE ! IMO, TOO LATE FOR THAT !
APOLLO AIRVAPE.....ITS PAST TIME TO COME CLEAN WITH THE TRUTH, REGARDLESS OF THE REALITY OF IT !!!!

Okla68,
Reactions: Slade

Slade

It's definitely a marketing site.
I'm leaning toward this view, as well. While there's some content that isn't Airvape oriented, it definitely leans towards reviews (positive, of course) of their products. The slick photos look like they are from Airvape's marketing department...is that "Mary" on the homepage? Or are those "Mary"'s hands holding the Legacy?

And why is this the only review site that has received one for evaluation? And it's an obscure review site at that!

Meanwhile, I have visited the Airvape website and checked out their FAQ and forum pages in an effort to get some clarity. There have been questions regarding delivery, with the usual "we're working around the clock, rest assured " responses. Some of the questions and responses have been taken down over time - so the Apollo folks are definitely aware that their customers are getting restless.

I'm still holding out hope that they will ship by the end of the month...but I gotta say that I am very disappointed in how the company is dealing with this. If they're working around the clock as they say, they should take a few minutes and provide truthful, complete, non-sugarcoated non-canned updates...it's a basic good business practice straight from Marketing 101.

jbm

It is so definitely a marketing site, as is Apollo’s Curated. So the only review anywhere is on their fake site. And we’re now better than 3 weeks past the shipping date with still no word. I looked at the Airvape forum topic about the ETA for the Legacy and It’s the same cut and paste replies that people are getting here. I don’t think they’ve even gotten the “first 50.” I think they’ve either run into some big supply chain or manufacturing delay, probably COVID-related; or they’re about to go belly-up and they’re just trying to suck as much cash out of the scraps of the business as possible. I’m less inclined to believe the first scenario, because why wouldn’t they just send an email to the preorders? We’d be pissed, but we’re more pissed now. Their forum does not inspire confidence; every question from users gets the same copy pasted response. In some cases the answers aren’t even relevant and I almost got the impression that they’re posting both the questions and the answers. The CS people at AV don’t sound like English is their first language and the questions and replies sound like they were written by the same person. I’m going to cancel my order while I still can. Nobody is getting this vape.

Last edited:

Okla68

It is so definitely a marketing site, as is Apollo’s Curated. So the only review anywhere is on their fake site. And we’re now better than 3 weeks past the shipping date with still no word. I looked at the Airvape forum topic about the ETA for the Legacy and It’s the same cut and paste replies that people are getting here. I don’t think they’ve even gotten the “first 50.” I think they’ve either run into some big supply chain or manufacturing delay, probably COVID-related; or they’re about to go belly-up and they’re just trying to suck as much cash out of the scraps of the business as possible. I’m less inclined to believe the first scenario, because why wouldn’t they just send an email to the preorders? We’d be pissed, but we’re more pissed now. Their forum does not inspire confidence; every question from users gets the same copy pasted response. In some cases the answers aren’t even relevant and I almost got the impression that they’re posting both the questions and the answers. The CS people at AV don’t sound like English is their first language and the questions and replies sound like they were written by the same person. I’m going to cancel my order while I still can. Nobody is getting this vape.
For me, being from NE Oklahoma, everyone talks with an Accent. During the past 2 years Ive had a Lot of dealings with their CS Dept. Always been Prompt and Spot On...and ALWAYS with a ACCENT. I finally called their CS yesterday, asked about Legacy. I got a "Were Working on it, waiting on the 2nd batch to ship out"...only This time, the Accent was Different and Much Heavier, but, Same Runaround that Ive been getting thru Email. I ordered a Replacement Rubber Mouthpiece for my X, it came in 5 days, from Order to my mailbox.
I Wanna BELIEVE....BUT, Drifting towards JBM's Feelings....DAMN !!!!
....when Ive Returned items for replace or repair, its always gone to this gals House(IDK) to an address in L.A. Always thought it was ODD, even heard Kids in the Background during a couple of these calls(and talked with her on the phone at least half a dozen times), yet, even tho it gave me an Odd Feeling, Always got What I Needed and PROMPTLY !
I Definitely Dont have $100 to Piss Away, but, wont be the 1st time ! I think Im going to Wait, take the chance, "Shit Happens" or a "Pleasant Surprise". Lord knows Ive been given the "Benifit of Doubt" on More than One occasion. (But I sure like to get Kissed before Im Screwed, Not Lied To !!!

Last edited:
Okla68,

Slade

For me, being from NE Oklahoma, everyone talks with an Accent. During the past 2 years Ive had a Lot of dealings with their CS Dept. Always been Prompt and Spot On...and ALWAYS with a ACCENT. I finally called their CS yesterday, asked about Legacy. I got a "Were Working on it, waiting on the 2nd batch to ship out"...only This time, the Accent was Different and Much Heavier, but, Same Runaround that Ive been getting thru Email. I ordered a Replacement Rubber Mouthpiece, it came in 5 days, from Order to my mailbox.
I Wanna BELIEVE....BUT, Drifting towards JBM's Feelings....DAMN !!!!
I want to believe too....that's why I'll give it to the end of the month. Perhaps their poor communication is due to cultural/language differences or poor business skills...nothing in their prior history indicates that the company is shady. Having said that, this is a logistically and economically trying time and what may have been the case in the past may not be so in the future due to desperation. I'm hoping that they're just inept and not crooked...

jbm

Having said that, this is a logistically and economically trying time and what may have been the case in the past may not be so in the future due to desperation. I'm hoping that they're just inept and not crooked...
Yeah, I hope so too. But it’s too shady. Wouldn’t you be promoting the hell out of the legacy so you could use sales as pressure on their fulfillment people? Wouldn’t you be saying something to the customers who paid you up front months ago? Would you BURY the product on your website? This thing is supposedly the culmination of their expertise in vapes. They’re acting like they’re not going to ever get it and they don’t know what to do. I sent CS email, I’m sure I’m going to get the same copy paste reply that everyone gets. I guarantee you, they don’t have a single unit in hand yet. They can’t even get the first 50.

LongDraw

And with manual rotating, there is less to break/go wrong. I stir pretty much every device i use, except for the vapman, so for those who like to stir halfway through, this may not be as big of an issue.

LongDraw,

RxPlorer

I think it’s time to start sharing cancellation stories. Has anyone successfully received confirmation, or received your refund? Is there a better cancellation process than to email CS regarding the order number? My emails to the company are going unanswered, naturally.

RxPlorer,

bgrpph

I think it’s time to start sharing cancellation stories. Has anyone successfully received confirmation, or received your refund? Is there a better cancellation process than to email CS regarding the order number? My emails to the company are going unanswered, naturally.
i cancelled mine recently via email- got a response that it would be cancelled & refund issued. Cked my CC a few days later & the refund had been posted to my CC as they said it would.

Okla68

i cancelled mine recently via email- got a response that it would be cancelled & refund issued. Cked my CC a few days later & the refund had been posted to my CC as they said it would.
Thats impressive considering everything...the order for my replacement "X" mouthpiece came within 5 days from order also. At least SOME PORTION of their business is still operating.

Okla68,

jbm

Well, I emailed Airvape CS, and this is what they replied:
Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience this delay has caused but we will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. We understand you have been waiting a long time and we greatly appreciate your patience. Shipping is currently ongoing for the customers who pre-ordered and we are doing our best to fulfill as many orders as we can every time we get a shipment from our manufacturer. Our manufacturer is continuously making and shipping the Legacy to us so we can send them to our customers as soon as possible.

If you have not received any tracking number yet, there is a possibility that you are part of a different batch and as much as we would like to provide the batch information, we do not have access to it as our fulfillment center is the only one who could see it.

Rest assured, we will notify you as soon as your order is shipped out so you may track your order on the USPS website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. :)

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate it!

Warmest Regards,
Bernadette and The AirVape Team
Tel. (424) 293-3336
Fax (424) 500-8616

This was my reply:
Why aren't you providing any updates to the people who pre-ordered? It has been almost a month since the previously announced ship date of June 25. I would think that with the number of people who preordered this device that you would be working overtime to keep them in the loop. Instead Airvape has gone silent. I had to email you to get even this appallingly opaque and uninformative update from you. Other people on the forums have been told that you're fulfilling the first 50 pre-orders, that you have another batch arriving any day now. Apparently your fulfillment center is keeping the status of your latest product a secret even from you. Do you have any sort of timeframe? What justifies your awful lack of transparency regarding the Legacy? I begin to suspect that you don't have any devices at all, and you're just delaying to figure out how to handle this disaster.

Covid has impacted many businesses, and people have been more than understanding with regards to delays in production and shipping. For you to abuse that understanding with your lack of transparency and poor communication is seriously damaging your company's reputation.

We will see how, and if, they reply.

Top Bottom