AirVape legacy

Slade

Well said! Their responses provide no information other than we can rest assured with the assurance that the orders will be fulfilled...someday soon...or not so soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing their response.

Okla68

Well, I emailed Airvape CS, and this is what they replied:
Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience this delay has caused but we will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. We understand you have been waiting a long time and we greatly appreciate your patience. Shipping is currently ongoing for the customers who pre-ordered and we are doing our best to fulfill as many orders as we can every time we get a shipment from our manufacturer. Our manufacturer is continuously making and shipping the Legacy to us so we can send them to our customers as soon as possible.

If you have not received any tracking number yet, there is a possibility that you are part of a different batch and as much as we would like to provide the batch information, we do not have access to it as our fulfillment center is the only one who could see it.

Rest assured, we will notify you as soon as your order is shipped out so you may track your order on the USPS website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. :)

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate it!

Warmest Regards,
Bernadette and The AirVape Team
Tel. (424) 293-3336
Fax (424) 500-8616

This was my reply:
Why aren't you providing any updates to the people who pre-ordered? It has been almost a month since the previously announced ship date of June 25. I would think that with the number of people who preordered this device that you would be working overtime to keep them in the loop. Instead Airvape has gone silent. I had to email you to get even this appallingly opaque and uninformative update from you. Other people on the forums have been told that you're fulfilling the first 50 pre-orders, that you have another batch arriving any day now. Apparently your fulfillment center is keeping the status of your latest product a secret even from you. Do you have any sort of timeframe? What justifies your awful lack of transparency regarding the Legacy? I begin to suspect that you don't have any devices at all, and you're just delaying to figure out how to handle this disaster.

Covid has impacted many businesses, and people have been more than understanding with regards to delays in production and shipping. For you to abuse that understanding with your lack of transparency and poor communication is seriously damaging your company's reputation.

We will see how, and if, they reply.
And add the Bill that is being voted on today to STOP USPS from shipping Vape Products, Now What ?
Losing Hope on a Daily Basis !

Okla68,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My guess: no average customer who pre-ordered is in the first batch... they probably reserved that first batch for people with special affiliations like that first early review we saw... so that response makes it seem pretty clear they are just beating around the bush instead of telling all pre-orders they have another month or so to wait? :shrug:

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just corresponded with Bernadette in customer service. She was able to give me a good response as to why there us such a delay in the orders. They have to jump two hurdles before the orders reach them, one is that they are waiting for the orders to come through customs and then, it has to ship to their company in California. Then, they must be checked out and packaged. This can be at least two weeks till they get the products. Now, considering that the Corona virus has slowed up everything, I can understand. But, they should relayed that to all of us that pre-ordered the legacy in a more timely manner. I am not letting off the hook, but I am glad that support responded and understood that we just wanted the truth. Now, I can patiently wait for it.

jbm

I just corresponded with Bernadette in customer service. She was able to give me a good response as to why there us such a delay in the orders. They have to jump two hurdles before the orders reach them, one is that they are waiting for the orders to come through customs and then, it has to ship to their company in California. Then, they must be checked out and packaged. This can be at least two weeks till they get the products. Now, considering that the Corona virus has slowed up everything, I can understand. But, they should relayed that to all of us that pre-ordered the legacy in a more timely manner. I am not letting off the hook, but I am glad that support responded and understood that we just wanted the truth. Now, I can patiently wait for it.
Thank you for this.

willy510

So after digging around a bit and being annoyed about all the polite but useless responses from Airvape it turns out that the one place that put pics of it up as a fake review is actually run by or controlled by Airvape. If you dig around at https://marysvapes.com/airvape-legacy-review/ you will see like others have mentioned a huge similarity to the airvape site it turns out that the "negotiate for me" tab at the top is a typeform survey on the site, Airvape also uses a typeform on their site too, well it turns out that the survey on Marysvapes belongs to Apollo Air which is Airvape. Just take the survey and at the end of it you can click on the facebook link and you'll see that it belongs to ApolloAir.Typeform.com

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
So after digging around a bit and being annoyed about all the polite but useless responses from Airvape it turns out that the one place that put pics of it up as a fake review is actually run by or controlled by Airvape. If you dig around at https://marysvapes.com/airvape-legacy-review/ you will see like others have mentioned a huge similarity to the airvape site it turns out that the "negotiate for me" tab at the top is a typeform survey on the site, Airvape also uses a typeform on their site too, well it turns out that the survey on Marysvapes belongs to Apollo Air which is Airvape. Just take the survey and at the end of it you can click on the facebook link and you'll see that it belongs to ApolloAir.Typeform.com

Nice detective work! It definitely felt like it was an airvape ran site, but this 100% confirms it. Not a good look.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I'll give them another two weeks for something to come my way. That Mary's Vape reviewer did not show an actual video. It could have been just a prototype or a sample. I am not simply letting them off the hook, I am still not completely satisfied, but I will try to muster up some leeway because of the virus. Their lack of transparency is a bit unsettling. So, I guess we either give them some time or void our orders. I am going to stick it out, and hope I will be rewarded for my patience. How about a free power bank, Airvape? It might soften the blow. Plus, how can it be that I ordered and paid for it as soon as I received the e-mail on 2/29/20 and not be in the first fifty to receive the free power bank as per promo? I will let it rest, tonight.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
There is an upside to all this...
Because the Legacy pre-order was so cheap, the desire to get the money back and order another vape is quenched by the reality that one would need to pay substantially more to get anything resembling these specs - so it is saving me money while I wait! Considering our propensity for buying every piece of hardware as it comes to market.

blackstone

When I saw some of those one sided seeming blog posts, I wanted to know if the author had been active anywhere else, and a quick google search shows the person who signed this article and many others in that blog, shares the same name with the "product developer" for Hippie Vaporizer, and the founder of Airvape.
There is a link to a reddit article on how they started out with ten bucks, sounds like me!
All I can say is, I then innocently clicked google "images" as the name appeared quite often on google, and I was not prepared for such racey male modelling images, woah!
I think I know now why they called it Apollo!

Slade

So that's the story of "Roland, CEO"! Great detective work! Roland is quite the entrepreneur...too bad that, for all his marketing savvy, he doesn't understand that providing full, timely, and transparent communications when there are customer service problems is standard good business practice.

I'm thinking that the fact that they're actively hyping the Legacy - both in the fake review site and all over the front page of the AirVape website -- indicates that they're expecting to get these shipping consistently in the next few weeks...perhaps I'm just reading too much into these tea leaves...but it seems to me that they wouldn't be pushing this product if they didn't expect to be able to fulfill the orders. On the other hand, their inability to communicate properly after all of these months lowers my confidence level.

I'm still hoping for an actual written specific response to everyone's questions...however, I'm not holding my breath.

I've invested too much time waiting to pull the plug right now. I'm giving them a couple of weeks to clean up their act before I cancel.

junny89

Sadly Bernadette in CS hasn’t replied to my email which is odd. She always replied within 24 hours. Been around 3 days now no contact...

junny89,
Reactions: Okla68

jbm

Sadly Bernadette in CS hasn’t replied to my email which is odd. She always replied within 24 hours. Been around 3 days now no contact...
Yep, me neither. It's almost as if they won't reply to anything that they can't paste the answer to.

jbm,

willy510

"We fully understand your concern, and we wish to resolve your issue as quick as possible - Our well experienced Customer Success Team is more than happy to further assist you! May we have your email address please? So they can reach out to you. Our Normal Business hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST, you should receive a response regarding this within 24 hours. "

willy510,

mulciber

Most purchasers should have received a mea culpa message around now. To those who were troubled by the delays and lack of response I'd urge patience. I dealt with the Grasshopper from its earliest crowd-funding days, and that debacle makes this look like NASA's finest moment by comparison. There's no perfect way to handle a frustrating situation like debuting a new complicated product against a rigid timeline, but imo they've done an OK job for the most part. The flow will hopefully commence quite soon, according to their message.

Last edited:
mulciber,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I just th email from airvape that units are shipping! I beleive they said they will be in July 29th then sending tracking soon after. I'll try to get a screenshot over. Just last night I was thinking of cancelling my order and using that money elsewhere and I get the message. Guess better late than never...i hope. I guess we'll see if members start getting real tracking

junny89

I just th email from airvape that units are shipping! I beleive they said they will be in July 29th then sending tracking soon after. I'll try to get a screenshot over. Just last night I was thinking of cancelling my order and using that money elsewhere and I get the message. Guess better late than never...i hope. I guess we'll see if members start getting real tracking
I can confirm I got the same email just now. Also funny enough Bernadette just replied a lengthy email.
sounds like units are landing on 29th July and shipping will take place right away fingers crossed.
the order numbers are quite a large variance so even mine is expected to be shipped!
p.s the packaging does look awesome that I can see in the photos anyway !

jbm

I can confirm I got the same email just now. Also funny enough Bernadette just replied a lengthy email.
sounds like units are landing on 29th July and shipping will take place right away fingers crossed.
the order numbers are quite a large variance so even mine is expected to be shipped!
Same here. It looks like they may have been legit all along, though they should have just been upfront in the first place.

Complexity

Thank you. :) I edited and corrected the date to the exact date of order. It was the 28th instead of the 20th. lol
I actually had a similar experience purchasing the Stona grinder from Germany on 4/20 but that had arrived earlier in June.
I'm hoping there are no more delays after this!

Slade

Finally, the wall of silence has been broken! They should have been explaining what the delays were about all along. Hopefully there won't be any more delays and, if there are, they'll be more proactive in communicating.

I'm looking forward to getting it...hope it's worth the wait.

Top Bottom