AirVape Legacy Pro

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
So the other day, I stumbled across a video of the dude at tabletopbong.com where he explored using a brickmaker to make compact pucks for the AVLP. I remember that's been discussed in this thread before but never got around to trying it.

So I did. And I think it might be my preferred pack now! Crazy. I guess because I prefer session mode on the AVLP over on-demand, the heated bowl also does well with a tight pack. I've never owned a vape that took me so long to find my favorite packing method. Loose pack, nugs... they've all been great up until now but a super tight pack!?

I didn't buy a special tool but I used the golf tee tool from my Couchlog to compress the flower in the bowl as much as I could, all the way to the top. Then I start a 5min session at 330F (the AVLP temps are crazy understated I find) and just puff away until the bowl is done.

I find by using this temp, I get the maximum number of tasty hits until the bowl is done. Nice big clouds and lots of flavor virtually to the end. The dense pack at this low temp just seems to ooze flavor and prolong your session.

I know it seems strange but I find the longer you run session mode, the hotter the bowl gets - without temp stepping required. Maybe that's just me 🤷‍♂️. My ABV comes out dark caramel colored and perfectly even.

The AVLP continues to surprise me after all this time. Super versatile vape.
Yep just tried this puck idea and wow it makes the vape even better - really large first few hits especially!

Flopay

Oh shoot I haven't checked here in a bit and I see they have new capsles? And from the quick reading they work much better then the old ones? I hope so, got the first batch when they came out and they've been a pain and I don't like using them that much. I might have to give the new ones a shot.

Also was thinking of trying the buy 2 steam punk legacy pros editions (as I know somebody in the market), but getting an error $150 code when I have 2 in the cart. Any others having issues? I've seen some of them have been fixed.

Also was hoping to maybe pick up an accessory like the dosing tool. Any way to combine shipping (if I buy the new caps and maybe a new vape) or is it all through separate orders due to using 1 code per order?

Thanks all and happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Flopay,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Oh shoot I haven't checked here in a bit and I see they have new capsles? And from the quick reading they work much better then the old ones? I hope so, got the first batch when they came out and they've been a pain and I don't like using them that much. I might have to give the new ones a shot.

Also was thinking of trying the buy 2 steam punk legacy pros editions (as I know somebody in the market), but getting an error $150 code when I have 2 in the cart. Any others having issues? I've seen some of them have been fixed.

Also was hoping to maybe pick up an accessory like the dosing tool. Any way to combine shipping (if I buy the new caps and maybe a new vape) or is it all through separate orders due to using 1 code per order?

ask @Gary-Airvape

seedy53,
Reactions: Adobewan

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer

in the US store should be fine if coming from our deal page. It should be automatically in the cart with the discount. and yes, 1 code / order.
EU store, needs to be manually put 2 SE in cart and enter the code

Gary-Airvape,

MislavKO

Has any of you black friday shoppers got your order shipped yet? I orderd my pro on monday and it still hasn't shipped. (EU store)

MislavKO,

Syncourt

in the US store should be fine if coming from our deal page. It should be automatically in the cart with the discount. and yes, 1 code / order.
EU store, needs to be manually put 2 SE in cart and enter the code

What's the reasoning behind 1 code per order? If we reach out to CS to combine our order, can we get the shipping charges refunded?

Syncourt,

nightie

I am still torn between ordering the regular or the SE version - is the SE one built any better (material quality, even just feeling wise) compared the regular one? The regular seems to look more sleek on the photos.

Also thank you Gary posting here, seeing responses directly from you is one of the reasons why I plan to order one :)

nightie

Thanks to the Black Friday deal I ordered the SE, dosing capsules, dosing tool and the glass water bubbler - really looking forward to it :D

This will replace my firefly 2 that I had since 2017 which is showing its age (well earned).
I hope that the ALP SE will last about the same and that I won't fall into the urge to get anything new (psst... make a titanium one ;) ).

budski

cantre member
I used both this morning,,, you're gonna love the ALP! Get the dose caps and or loader/ way easier to keep the whole unit cleaner. the loader work great for the firefly

Last edited:

Syncourt

Despite my rocky relationship with my ALP and V1 capsules, I gave in and purchased the ALP SE (stupid sexy colours) and V2 capsules over the weekend. Really hoping the (minor?) QOL improvements pushes it into my favourite tier that's unfortunately only populated by the Angus at the moment.

MislavKO

Here is my opinion on this device after a few weeks of daily use:

WOW

What a device. It is so versatile. It works great with smaller amounts, larger amounts, on demand and in session mode. In any scenario, this device works great. I am particularly impressed with on demand mode since I have never had on demand vape. I find that it doesn't lose too much flavor if I hit it once or twice then turn it off (I clean the bowl in about 3 short sessions when using it that way). It is also much easier to deep clean than I thought when I first got it.

The flavor on this device is great. I always vape my material a little more than I should, because I don't taste much difference until it is already black.

It does a great job with concentrates. I loaded mine with 4 6mm terp pearls, a little dry herb and some hash and it was amazing. So much vapor! I put it on 220 C, and it lasted me for a little over 5 minutes (be aware the device gets quite hot doing this).

I also ordered dosing capsules, which work great for me. I love that they don't hold too much herb since I like smaller sessions more often rather than fewer larger sessions (I find it tastes better this way in the long run). Also, the device stays completely clean using it this way.

My only gripe is the micro dosing wheel. I think it should be just a little bigger. If I grind too fine, or i don't pack it tight enough, the herb goes all over the oven and gets stuck on the small screen next to the bowl (this makes it impossible to stir the bowl mid-session without losing some material). And that also makes it quite messy to reload (as many have stated on this forum and others). A solution for this is to put the dosing capsule lid on top of the bowl, upside down, so it hugs the bowl. Now everything is clean and easy to dump out. Also, the temperature control is a little weird since I can vape the whole bowl on 140C, but it doesn't matter that much to me.

I completely switched to vaping since I bought my first Dynavap 6 or 7 months ago, and this device is great for me when I don't feel like using my torch, induction heater or when I'm out. I also have Pax 2 which is very discrete, but lacks in every other department.

Finally, I would love it if you could make an updated micro-doising disc to be sold as an accessory to make this inconvenience go away. If it was a little larger, the same size as the dosing capsule lid and had holes like the dosing capsule lid holes, it would be perfect! Please consider doing this Garry!

Also, thanks to airvape.eu for adding the bubbler to my order for free! I ordered the silicone WPA with my AVLP and dosing capsules and got the bubbler in the mail as well!

I will be sharing all other "hacks" I find over here :D

Cheers

budski

cantre member
I ended up taking the wheel off completely!, It's soooo much easier to iso wipe the area around the wheel and I use dose caps so it;s no issue, the micro wheel has very tiny holes around the edge that clog with reclaim very quickly. I was taking it off every few bowls trying to get those tiny holes cleared, 86'd it and reclaimed several minutes a day of my life back.

seedy53

we made a bigger disc, but most people just bought a capsule, and don't use the disc anymore.

So currently we don't have any more.

I will get back on this early next year
i guess no Christmas discounts? it's almost too late now

seedy53,
Top Bottom