AirVape Legacy Pro

budski

cantre member
sorry if I came off pissy, I do think zipper locks are a lot of fucking around for something that's defeatable with a screwdriver or leatherman

budski,
Reactions: seedy53

Dr. G

Old Resident
How long does it take the Legacy Pro to heat up? Mine heats up really fast...it is just amazing. The new S&B unit boasts about its 20 second heating time....I get going with my ALP in seconds it seems. We just need a tad bit better air flow. Its amazing as is...but, I can imagine just better air flow. Anyway, have a great week everyone.

bobothevaper

not sure of availability in EU but the v1 caps have a slot in the lid to unscrew it with w tool/screwdriver. The v2 lids have 3 tabs around the edge and no slot.
Hope someone from airvape can chime in. It’s a big difference as to what I would recieve.

bobothevaper,

yohonomo

Is the v2 capsules avail in the eu store? How do you spot the difference?
They are. I ordered mine there when they became available (end of August).

Unofrtunately the pictures in AirVape's store are just mock-ups - not actual photographs.

How long does it take the Legacy Pro to heat up? Mine heats up really fast...it is just amazing. The new S&B unit boasts about its 20 second heating time....I get going with my ALP in seconds it seems. We just need a tad bit better air flow. Its amazing as is...but, I can imagine just better air flow. Anyway, have a great week everyone.
I don't know how long, but I know that the ALP does not produce any vapor when the device vibrates. I still have to wait around 15 seconds and take a few short draws until I get any vapor. My Mighty+ takes longer, but it's actually producing vapor when it reaches the desired temp.

The ALP is definitely not slow, but not mind-blowingly fast either imho. ;)

seedy53

I don't know how long, but I know that the ALP does not produce any vapor when the device vibrates. I still have to wait around 15 seconds and take a few short draws until I get any vapor. My Mighty+ takes longer, but it's actually producing vapor when it reaches the desired temp.

it is fast at 464f. try it, no 15 sec soak needed for me

seedy53,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
They are. I ordered mine there when they became available (end of August).

Unofrtunately the pictures in AirVape's store are just mock-ups - not actual photographs.

I agree with you...but, with me when that happens its because I have grinded the herb too fine. I find for myself, the immediate cloud when the herb is course. On my Mighty Plus...when its ready to go...its ready to go....beautiful air flow.

yohonomo

it is fast at 464f. try it, no 15 sec soak needed for me
Are you talking about on-demand mode?

I'm using session mode at ~375°F first and then ~400°F (190°C / 205°C being from Germany). 464°F is 240°C (the highest possible setting) and surely would lead to combustion in session mode?

I agree with you...but, with me when that happens its because I have grinded the herb too fine. I find for myself, the immediate cloud when the herb is course.
Weird, I actually do use a coarse grind. But it's fine, I'm quite used to the method now. And it's not like I'm in a hurry when I'm about to vape weed. :lol:

seedy53

Are you talking about on-demand mode?

I'm using session mode at ~375°F first and then ~400°F (190°C / 205°C being from Germany). 464°F is 240°C (the highest possible setting) and surely would lead to combustion in session mode?

Weird, I actually do use a coarse grind. But it's fine, I'm quite used to the method now. And it's not like I'm in a hurry when I'm about to vape weed. :lol:
i've never combusted on a 3 min session at max temp 240c/464f with med grind properly cured mj. 1 min though the bowl was spent and you'll get massive clouds and 1 or 2 hits. that why i doesn't combust, i guess. no heat soak either

budski

cantre member
I guess I'm just used to a couple warmup draws to heat the material, but I'm more of a low temp sipper and may or may not "finish it off" at 400-420, if I don't go over 370 I save the abv,. Beast/Wax mode is too hot for me, maybe through a bubbler.

seedy53

I guess I'm just used to a couple warmup draws to heat the material, but I'm more of a low temp sipper and may or may not "finish it off" at 400-420, if I don't go over 370 I save the abv,. Beast/Wax mode is too hot for me, maybe through a bubbler.
oh well i guess i experiment and find my limits or something like that. the alp can do some really powerful things or just a sip it. i like a couple big rips, sometime

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: budski

yohonomo

i've never combusted on a 3 min session at max temp 240c/464f with med grind properly cured mj. 1 min though the bowl was spent and you'll get massive clouds and 1 or 2 hits. that why i doesn't combust, i guess. no heat soak either
So out of curiosity I tried 240C in session mode, but still the ALP does not produce vapor when it vibrates - that's still 10 more seconds away. Which makes sense, because it takes a couple more seconds to heat up compared to my lower setting before. So in the end it's the same amount of time for me / my ALP to produce vapor. :D

But I prefer sipping away over ripping away. I'd love to be able to hit it hard but my lungs don't agree with that. :lol:

yohonomo,
Reactions: budski

Flow

The more i use my ALP, the more i like sesh mode ! 5mins on 180°...
I was an exclusive "on demand" user, but i got tired of adjusting temps… so i go now for 5 min sesh at 180 or a bit more and done !
Great looking vape, great vapor and hard hitting vape !
Dumping AVB as it's still hot and the bowl is perfectly clear, cleaning once in a while the oval gold screen and airpath and that's all !

I use it without the restrictor disk, with a mesh on top of my botanicals, and with a twisted stainless steel flat wire in the glass tube ! Improved airflow and cooling !

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I was an exclusive "on demand" user, but i got tired of adjusting temps… so i go now for 5 min sesh at 180 or a bit more and done !
Dumping AVB as it's still hot and the bowl is perfectly clear, cleaning once in a while the oval gold screen and airpath and that's all !

I use it without the restrictor disk, with a mesh on top of my botanicals, and with a twisted stainless steel flat wire in the glass tube ! Improved airflow and cooling !
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Same conclusions I came to. Exclusively use session mode now with mesh screen only.

budski

cantre member

I use a cut to fit screen in the vapor intake too, opens it up a bit and easier to clean/swap w/out the sili gasket

Flow

Are these things pretty idiot proof?

I'm asking for a friend... :wave:
I use it daily, and as i'm an idiot too… :rofl:
[EDIT] The main thing here is to not mess up with small inner parts. Use it, clean only what's needed and done !
So it's mainly a foolproof device, but not totaly idiotproof.

I use a cut to fit screen in the vapor intake too, opens it up a bit and easier to clean/swap w/out the sili gasket
Nice one mate ! I'll try Thanks 👍

Dr. G

Old Resident
Are these things pretty idiot proof?

I'm asking for a friend... :wave:
I have every vape possible...this is super easy and probably the best one for flavor for me. It has one button. Also, if you are a patient like I am when my hands do not work or I am in pain...I have to deal with the vape that is the easiest to carry and load. Believe it or not...I went through lots of units trying to find the right one. Now, my lot is the Volcano, my Vapmans, my S&B line, Tetra, Tinymight...and my daily is ALP...I still do not understand my Tetra or Bak but, I love them. The ALP Special Edition feels tighter to me than the regular black Pro. The door on the steampunk alone closes really tight. I just love it.

RxPlorer

Has anyone else run into draw restriction issues? Even after a full cleaning I’ve got super restricted airflow. I’ve isolated it at the intake to the oven meaning even with the lid wide open, if I blow in through the intake vent, the air going to the over is very restricted, difficult to blow.

xplorer is bummed :(

RxPlorer,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Has anyone else run into draw restriction issues? Even after a full cleaning I’ve got super restricted airflow. I’ve isolated it at the intake to the oven meaning even with the lid wide open, if I blow in through the intake vent, the air going to the over is very restricted, difficult to blow.

xplorer is bummed :(
bottom of underside oven is caked up with resin build up i'll bet. remove intake screen. can you see the path to oven? i think in there maybe problem. ask gary how to clean the build up under the oven. i would not try without instruction. insulin syringe needle and gently stick needle thru the individual holes in bottom of oven /side holes too very carefully.
do several burn-off max heat max session and see if it will burn off

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
I've noticed the holes in the bottom will get clogged with reclaim even though I always use the caps in the new one. My 1st one has gotten discolored from too much cleaning and high temp burning off a lose bowl till it's really dark. I've taken to always cleaning the bowl with an iso wipe holding upside down so any dissolved reclaim flows into the rag and/or brush instead of into the oven. it takes a tiny wire to clear those holes.

Top Bottom