AirVape Legacy Pro

OrsonWhales

I love the size and feel in the hand of my One the rubberized coating for nonslip I like. If my one had a replaceable battery I wouldn't even consider the lobo. The ALP has a luxury feel in the hand that I love too, (not a fan of the brushed aluminum finishes other than looks), but it can't beat the discreetness of the smaller One.
I like the One better except the battery situation. I’m returning my Lobo. Disappointed to say the least.

OrsonWhales,
Reactions: seedy53

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I love the size and feel in the hand of my One the rubberized coating for nonslip I like. If my one had a replaceable battery I wouldn't even consider the lobo. The ALP has a luxury feel in the hand that I love too, (not a fan of the brushed aluminum finishes other than looks), but it can't beat the discreetness of the smaller One.
I love my AVLP but if I want maximum discreetness outside the house my IQ2 is the guy I reach for. It's built like a tank, has a huge bowl (0.5g) and a tasty zirconia airpath. Also, it's tiny. Probably same size as the One. Double the price but for me it was worth it for the taste and giant bowl. Don't want to reload much if you can help it right? Replaceable 18650 included.

Maybe try the slightly cheaper IQC if you're not a fan of the brushed aluminum.

Last edited:

UhuM

i carry mine in a waterproof doob tube-plastic
Couldn't find one that fitted 6 capsules and the Firedog bag, so (after many attempts) I've built my own. 20/16mm (OD/ID) acrylic tube and some silicone plugs. Had to apply some dyi fitting, but now it works as intented. Bonus: spend capsules on the one side, fresh ones via the other side and if I need more capsules, I still have some tubing left. 😄

UhuM

Small seller via Amazon, that specialized in advertising material. Without prime, but way cheaper. Lesson learned: diameter on every tubing/solution I've bought where off by ~1-0.5mm. So 16mm ID often is more like 15.5, which is a nice fit for the capsules. And: extrusion acrylic tubing is cheap but really prone to cracking.

MrBaked.co

The one thing that annoys me about the airvape is the inability to ship to the UK for a reasonable price. Especially when it is issues with 2 items that are not really my fault and are really small and light. $25 to ship? No chance.

I need to replace the capsules because I am down to 1 from the 6 I originally bought due to them getting stuck. They originally cost me $60 to purchase and ship from the US.

And I need to replace the battery door because the little clip that holds it in has broke.. This results in me needing to hold the main door shut while vaping which I'm sure yous can imagine is a real pain in the ass.

However to replace both it is just over $50. $50 for a little plastic door and 6 capsules I've technically already paid for. 🤷‍♂️. Could buy a semi-decent second hand vape for that.

Typical it happens when I've just sold my Toad, mighty, and tm2 after bigging up the quality of the airvape haha.
Anyone in the UK selling? Lol. 🤣

MrBaked.co,

seedy53

The one thing that annoys me about the airvape is the inability to ship to the UK for a reasonable price. Especially when it is issues with 2 items that are not really my fault and are really small and light. $25 to ship? No chance.

I need to replace the capsules because I am down to 1 from the 6 I originally bought due to them getting stuck. They originally cost me $60 to purchase and ship from the US.

And I need to replace the battery door because the little clip that holds it in has broke.. This results in me needing to hold the main door shut while vaping which I'm sure yous can imagine is a real pain in the ass.

However to replace both it is just over $50. $50 for a little plastic door and 6 capsules I've technically already paid for. 🤷‍♂️. Could buy a semi-decent second hand vape for that.

Typical it happens when I've just sold my Toad, mighty, and tm2 after bigging up the quality of the airvape haha.
use a piece of tape to hold down door. don't use caps. this is just a workaround. there are no eu or uk distributors?

MrBaked.co

Or buy a new vap thst won't break and has functioning capsules available in the UK. 🤣

There is a eu distributor but doesn't ship to the UK which would obviously make the most sense.

MrBaked.co,

seedy53

Or buy a new vap thst won't break and has functioning capsules available in the UK. 🤣

There is a eu distributor but doesn't ship to the UK which would obviously make the most sense.
airvape.eu has the door
magicvaporizers.co.uk- ask them to order them for you they have some parts already bet they would do it.
that's all i could find
or travel to eu or ask a friend over there to order it for you then pick them up

mauool

But they don’t do export customs clearance, just eu shipping, first thought was: I forward a package for you, but then there comes the customs duty, and I don’t know about all this regulation bull sh*t so nope - but I’m so sorry 😔 and the difference between ~10€ shipping and 25 is not that big for all this trouble

But their customer support should get the twist on - what’s wrong with uk customers?

MHL

Try hard noob

Vaporizer hut do the caps.

They, and other suppliers, might be able to get the door for you. Recommended vape supplies is a smaller retailer, the guy seems really sound, he might be able to help you out?

I am half expecting my battery door to break any day it doesn't feel very sturdy tbh.

I also wish airvape would up their uk game, though I understand why they dont.

There have been some great offers recently but it costs so much to ship to the uk it's just not worth it.

The euro store not shipping to the uk is a real bitchslap. I guess we have the pigfucker in chief (and a gullible electorate) to blame for that.

Shame cos this is easily one of the best vapes available IMO.

MrBaked.co

But they don’t do export customs clearance, just eu shipping, first thought was: I forward a package for you, but then there comes the customs duty, and I don’t know about all this regulation bull sh*t so nope - but I’m so sorry 😔 and the difference between ~10€ shipping and 25 is not that big for all this trouble
The difference in shipping is not that much but the reality is its money I need to spend to replace a door that shouldn't break and capsules that I'm needing to replace because the original ones I paid $60 to buy and ship weren't up to scratch.
The $50 is with the 50% off the capsuled as well.

Vaporizer hut do the caps.

They, and other suppliers, might be able to get the door for you. Recommended vape supplies is a smaller retailer, the guy seems really sound, he might be able to help you out?

I am half expecting my battery door to break any day it doesn't feel very sturdy tbh.

I also wish airvape would up their uk game, though I understand why they dont.

There have been some great offers recently but it costs so much to ship to the uk it's just not worth it.

The euro store not shipping to the uk is a real bitchslap. I guess we have the pigfucker in chief (and a gullible electorate) to blame for that.

Shame cos this is easily one of the best vapes available IMO.

They really should upgrade their uk game because more and more people become legally prescribed cannabis users every day and if you want flower the only way you're allowed to consume it is with a vape. According to statista it is 250k people and projected to be 350k by next year.

And yeah, brexit fucked my business big time. I assume that's the reason eu doesn't ship to UK although there seems like there would be no difference from shipping from USA other than the eu being cheaper.

MrBaked.co,

seedy53

The difference in shipping is not that much but the reality is its money I need to spend to replace a door that shouldn't break and capsules that I'm needing to replace because the original ones I paid $60 to buy and ship weren't up to scratch.

They really should upgrade their uk game because more and more people become legally prescribed cannabis users every day and if you want flower the only way you're allowed to consume it is with a vape. According to statista it is 250k people and projected to be 350k by next year.

And yeah, brexit fucked my business big time. I assume that's the reason eu doesn't ship to UK although there seems like there would be no difference from shipping from USA other than the eu being cheaper.
i had to replace one door and got stuck with v1 6-dose caps. but i'm not too upset cause i knew the complains about them when i ordered them. the door was my fault by over pressing the tab to many times.
so, i eat it cause i made the choice of sketchy caps and i abused the door catch. oh well live and learn.

seedy53,
Reactions: MHL

budski

cantre member
I use caps with a screen on top to keep the bowl clean and give better airflow so if you want to get rid of the v1 caps lmk,
was planning to get an extra door but don't think it's necessary for the airflow?

budski,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
My AVLP wins my reach test for battery portables since it arrived. If I didn’t get the loading tool I don’t think that would be the case. It would be a toss up with my Mighty+ if not for the loading tool, I think it’s safe to say I really like it.

I don’t use caps, so can’t comment on the tool with the caps.

yohonomo

I don't think that neccessarily translates to too many sales in the UK for a company like AirVape... It's just a company among many others in a very competitive market. Brexit fucked the UK in many aspects.

The door is fairly priced at 5 Euros and 50% off the (overpriced) capsules is a fair deal in my opinion. I didn't want to pay postage and packaging, so I ordered a bunch of accessories with three sets of capsules to get free P&P to Germany. :lol:

Both doors on the AVLP are subpar, I think. The plastic battery cover isn't that sturdy and mine was warped from the start. Because of that It feels cheap compared to the "luxury feel" they are going for with the device. The same applies to the metal door on my unit. it's a little warped and the plastic hinge seems to be a weak spot. I hope that AirVape improve quality assurance in the future and think of a better solution for the doors and better airpath cleaning. Like I said in my initial "review" after receiving my AVLP SE, that's something I would expect for the regular MSRP of 299 Euros.

Besides that, I love my AVLP SE as much as I love my Mighty+, maybe even a little more. I bought them both at the same time, payed equal money for them. Both work very well but are quite different from another. I use the AVLP 80% of the time though, because I like the dense vapor when I'm drawing really slowly.

My complaint about the Mighty+ is its non-replaceable battery, but it's way easier to keep everything clean because everything after the heating chamber can be taken off and apart.

The AVLP has some minor quality issues and its airpath is hard to clean behind the silicone gaskets that hold the glass tube. There's definitely room to improve on that on the next iteration.

yohonomo,
Reactions: MHL

MHL

Try hard noob

That sucks. Brexit has messed up so much. I could murder Cameron, *almost* literally. We were planning to move to Spain, it would have been so easy, then my mum got ill, and we were delayed a couple of years in which time piggy pulled the brexit thing and... just like that, our plan was fked.

MHL,

budski

cantre member
does anyone here have airvape's smell proof bumbag? If it has dividers or pockets inside I'll pick one up.

budski,
Reactions: seedy53

budski

cantre member
zipper locks are stupid fiddly bits, advertising something valuable, that I don't want, maybe if you have kids in the house or check your luggage.
I want something nondescript, wearable, tough, odorproof with room for 2 vapes + stash's, batts/charger and clean kit. I think the Airvape bag is it but can't see inside for pocket or divider. guess I'll rig up an insert if it doesn't have one.

budski,

seedy53

zipper locks are stupid fiddly bits, advertising something valuable, that I don't want, maybe if you have kids in the house or check your luggage.
I want something nondescript, wearable, tough, odorproof with room for 2 vapes + stash's, batts/charger and clean kit. I think the Airvape bag is it but can't see inside for pocket or divider. guess I'll rig up an insert if it doesn't have one.

RYNO Smell Proof Travel Stash Bag W/Combo Lock - Comes with Smaller 100% smell proof Pouch for on the go ! This Container provides Odorless Storage for Herbs, Pipe and all your Smelly Accessories​

Brand: RYNO-BAG

seedy53,

budski

cantre member

RYNO Smell Proof Travel Stash Bag W/Combo Lock - Comes with Smaller 100% smell proof Pouch for on the go ! This Container provides Odorless Storage for Herbs, Pipe and all your Smelly Accessories​

Brand: RYNO-BAG
"zipper locks are stupid fiddly bits, advertising something valuable, that I don't want", so I'll get the bumbag because that's the form factor I prefer to use and it has no locks or obviuos labels/logos so complete discretion.

Last edited:
budski,
Top Bottom