AirVape Legacy Pro

I have been using my ALP for 4 months now and have a few questions, first is there a best way to extract conduction or convection in the unit? I was using conduction mostly, keeping the unit at a fairly low temp 345 with 5 min sessions but lately I have started to use the On Demand convection and I feel like I am getting better flavors. Also is there a golden temp that you can get good flavor and good extraction? or is it necessary to temp step to get the most out of your flower?

Also if you vape at the higher temps, in the 400's do you get a different high than if you vape at lower temps? I have see references to this online.

Thanks for all the answers on the silicone issue, set my mind at ease.

zatonic

Just received my Labor day special yesterday. I find the $2 dyna storage fits 5 perfectly while your 6th is in the chamber. Second one with no sticker for empties. And the Anker phone dock wireless charger fits it great!

IMG-1654.jpg

budski

cantre member
If you like the tasty terp flavors start low and step up, gives you more tasty hits before a final burn
I have been using my ALP for 4 months now and have a few questions, first is there a best way to extract conduction or convection in the unit? I was using conduction mostly, keeping the unit at a fairly low temp 345 with 5 min sessions but lately I have started to use the On Demand convection and I feel like I am getting better flavors. Also is there a golden temp that you can get good flavor and good extraction? or is it necessary to temp step to get the most out of your flower?

Also if you vape at the higher temps, in the 400's do you get a different high than if you vape at lower temps? I have see references to this online.

I can get 3-4 small hits per temp level starting at 321, 342, 369, 396, 420, the 1st half of the bowl is awesome if I don't bother to temp step 369 is my magicnumber for all around extraction. I sometimes do 2-3 mini sessions per bowl and like to start by finishing the previous bowl, relaod end my sesh on a fresh tasty hit.

seedy53

i like first 3 hits at 390f and finish off at 410f.
the hotter temp like 428f and up does give a different high.
People wonder if vaporizers are less efficient because the waste product is so potent, the abv. But what it's potent in is the medicine that most users are not going for, the higher temp extractions, CBN or CBG is it? The couch-lock effects.
most people save abv to eat with peanut butter or make canna-butter or thc tincture and weed edibles for sleep medicine or just to relax.
if you want that turn up the heat and make your abv look like dark,dark coffee grounds.

budski

cantre member
I just tried a bowl of lightly vaped herb that I save separately from the fully vaped herb (ie dark coffee grounds). I'm thinking a bowl of, "lvh"?, right before bed will get me to sleep faster.
saved herb only got to 369*, so I burn the lvh sleep aid at 396/428 after that it.s compost, think i'll call it "couch potato reclaim"

RxPlorer

Best capsule container I've found is this flat random pill travel case, brought in a 3-pack at Walgreens for like $5.

- hemp coffee filter used as the case liner
- upright caps are fresh
- flipped caps are spent
- the indented cap lid (top right) is my "thc" identifier
- fits 4 plus one in the oven
- handles hot capsules perfectly thanks to the liner

Good enough until a decent flat 6-capsule case is available.

IMG-8071.jpg

IMG-8072.jpg

Last edited:

seedy53

Best capsule container I've found is this flat random pill travel case, brought in a 3-pack at Walgreens for like $5.

- hemp coffee filter used as the case liner
- upright caps are fresh
- flipped caps are spent
- the indented cap lid (top right) is my "thc" identifier
- fits 4 plus one in the oven
- handles hot capsules perfectly thanks to the liner

Good enough until a decent flat 6-capsule case is available.

IMG-8071.jpg

IMG-8072.jpg
i count 4 not 6. i know i messed up you said four don't beat me RxPlorer lol

Last edited:

MHL

Try hard noob
Just received my Labor day special yesterday. I find the $2 dyna storage fits 5 perfectly while your 6th is in the chamber. Second one with no sticker for empties. And the Anker phone dock wireless charger fits it great!

IMG-1654.jpg
Looks fking mint that does!

Wish it hadn't been so expensive to the UK, I'd have got one of those specials.

As it is, Im winding down tonight with the standard black AVLP, and the chimenea. Its a good friday :)

2023-09-1521-38-098937351086614555872.jpg

:)

Last edited:

imor jones

The alp is realy one of my most favorite vapes.
I was looking forward the thf new capsules a long time.
But actually i find the the capsules make the the alp perform less good. I guess its because of the restriction of the airflow.
Now i use it just with the lid from the capsules to cover the herbs. Plus the installed disk. Maybe i should try without that disk even.
I was reading longer ago, that people leave away the small screen next to the bowle. And also leave away the mouthpiece with screen. I tried this a while ago. And never looked back. Its much better without the screens. My vape friend does the same now...better performance...

zatonic

The alp is realy one of my most favorite vapes.
I was looking forward the thf new capsules a long time.
But actually i find the the capsules make the the alp perform less good. I guess its because of the restriction of the airflow.
Now i use it just with the lid from the capsules to cover the herbs. Plus the installed disk. Maybe i should try without that disk even.
I was reading longer ago, that people leave away the small screen next to the bowle. And also leave away the mouthpiece with screen. I tried this a while ago. And never looked back. Its much better without the screens. My vape friend does the same now...better performance...
No screens anywhere would make we worry to suck up some bits while MTL inhaling
Edit: Although, I am receiving the ruby cooling stem today, so that should block any bits. I'll give it a try!

zatonic,
Reactions: seedy53

Sue Narmy

I’ve been using the V2 capsules for a good few weeks now and they’re bloody brilliant!!!!.
The vapour is 10x better and the taste is 10x better.

The capsules are easy to clean by dumping out the AVB, give them a quick brush then give the lid a quick wipe over with a ISO alcohol wipe and Bob’s your uncle 👌

A big, BIG thank you to @Gary-Airvape and the team for designing the perfect capsules 👏👏👏

The early release V1 capsules were really bad so I couldn’t say the AVLP was my favourite vaporizer but now that issue has been fixed I can definitely say the AVLP is my favourite vaporizer 🎉🥳

imor jones

I think wihh the capsules the vape turns more into a session style vape. I feel like the extraction takes longer.
But with using just the lid covering the herb (plus the adjusting disc) the extraction becomes even better than without. I experienced this before with using a normal screen to cover the herb. But that was not so comfortable to use. The lid is better here

imor jones,

oftherocks

I have had my ALPSE for just a few weeks now and I am really starting to enjoy vaping more than smoking for the first time ever. I love the loading tool, I really can't imagine not using it. There are times I have used it to even load a regular bowl :lol: The little gold capsule are nice, but I don't use them that often as I feel the hit is weaker. My only gripe is the bubbler they sell is kind of junky IMO. The bong and glass bong attachment are nice and work well, but the bubbler leaks and is really not effective at all in cooling the vapor.

seedy53

I have had my ALPSE for just a few weeks now and I am really starting to enjoy vaping more than smoking for the first time ever. I love the loading tool, I really can't imagine not using it. There are times I have used it to even load a regular bowl :lol: The little gold capsule are nice, but I don't use them that often as I feel the hit is weaker. My only gripe is the bubbler they sell is kind of junky IMO. The bong and glass bong attachment are nice and work well, but the bubbler leaks and is really not effective at all in cooling the vapor.
tbh the vapor for me is never hot nor is the mouthpiece , stock.
when you use the dose caps increase your heat setting 20f to 30f.
i find 430f to be my cap sweet spot.
btw - session mode is best mode for caps.
also after the alp reaches 430f count to 30, then take the hit.
the 2 nd drag should be vaping heavy. take long slow pulls.

stocky

I've been happy with my new v2 caps but not so much on the dosing tool.

I find I load faster and less messier just dipping my caps in my grinder bowl. I already broke my scrub brush thingy digging out some cotton from the corner part 🙃

But for people who are just using the top part of the caps does it still get super duper messy like with the old screen trick?

If anything the caps cut down the mess alot but I'm averaging about 24 caps a day so it's exhausting loading them suckers all day

stocky,
Reactions: Adobewan

oftherocks

I find I load faster and less messier just dipping my caps in my grinder bowl. I already broke my scrub brush thingy digging out some cotton from the corner part 🙃

But for people who are just using the top part of the caps does it still get super duper messy like with the old screen trick?

If anything the caps cut down the mess alot but I'm averaging about 24 caps a day so it's exhausting loading them suckers all day
That is another reason I’m not using the capsules too much, I dont have the time to load those things all day long 😂. If I was going to switch to the capsules only I’d want at least 24 of them and they are a bit pricey to buy that many.

stocky

That is another reason I’m not using the capsules too much, I dont have the time to load those things all day long 😂. If I was going to switch to the capsules only I’d want at least 24 of them and they are a bit pricey to buy that many.
Yea I'm rethinking my daily use plan. The caps are fantastic for traveling ect but around the house I might just go back to the screen trick.

seedy53

i'd say you need a unit with a .5 gram bowl portable but desktop ball unit sounds like what you need.

seedy53,
Top Bottom