AirVape Legacy Pro

budski

cantre member
What's the current thinking for:

1) the best cooling stem/mouthpiece alternative to the standard mouthpiece? I'd like to try something with terp-balls if that's even an option
2) the best tool to carry the caps in? the cardboard packages they come in don't cut it

Thanks!!
yeah I'm thinking of modding a battery lid to fit 3 caps onboard, looking for a tube the right size too.

budski,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

yeah I'm thinking of modding a battery lid to fit 3 caps onboard, looking for a tube the right size too.
buy a 6 inch plastic doob tube, all 6 caps will fit. airtight and water proof. amazon has them cheap or buy a tall pill carrier they will fit too

seedy53,
Reactions: budski

RxPlorer

What's the current thinking for:

1) the best cooling stem/mouthpiece alternative to the standard mouthpiece? I'd like to try something with terp-balls if that's even an option
2) the best tool to carry the caps in? the cardboard packages they come in don't cut it

Thanks!!
Vgoodiez dimpled airpath

There's a Ruby ball version as well. I bought both but haven't even tried the Ruby balls since the dimpled path works so well with great airflow

warren0728

Vgoodiez dimpled airpath

There's a Ruby ball version as well. I bought both but haven't even tried the Ruby balls since the dimpled path works so well with great airflow
i just ordered the ruby ball version from @VGOODIEZ yesterday and it will be here tomorrow! yes i ordered on a saturday morning and it was shipped saturday afternoon ... not just a shipping label created but it actually shipped! i love vgoodiez!

seedy53

i just ordered the ruby ball version from @VGOODIEZ yesterday and it will be here tomorrow! yes i ordered on a saturday morning and it was shipped saturday afternoon ... not just a shipping label created but it actually shipped! i love vgoodiez!

do not expect huge improvement to cool and taste, the tubes help a bit. there is a hack where you take the og glass tube and fill it with 2 different size balls held in place with small screens on each end and even without. that really does help alot. tbh - the og avlp does not need cooling help it's great on it's own.
to unload balls for cleaning
Hold the device upright and slide the top out first. Cover the end of tube with a finger and rotate the device. Slide the other end out and apply a finger. Now you can transport safely for cleaning

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: UhuM

warren0728

do not expect huge improvement to cool and taste, the tubes help a bit. there is a hack where you take the og glass tube and fill it with 2 different size balls held in place with small screens on each end and even without. that really does help alot. tbh - the og avlp does not need cooling help it's great on it's own.
i'm not expecting much improvement and agree the legacy pro is plenty cool on it's own ... i was trying to get my order over $75 for the free shipping and thought this would be fun to try and my wife thought it looked pretty lol!

btw both of the legacy pro cooling tubes are 20% off at vgoodiez with the code fall20

seedy53

i'm not expecting much improvement and agree the legacy pro is plenty cool on it's own ... i was trying to get my order over $75 for the free shipping and thought this would be fun to try and my wife thought it looked pretty lol!

btw both of the legacy pro cooling tubes are 20% off at vgoodiez with the code fall20
try that hack above it really makes difference at high temps for full extraction. even a short session at 464f without combustion, 3 min session, no worries.

Last edited:

Andjoe

Now that the v2 dosing caps are in peoples hands, I’m curious if there is a consensus on best practices using them. I am new to this vaporizer and I’m finding it takes about a minute to heat up the herb inside the capsules after the target heat has been reached. Until that point I’m getting zero vapor. Situation applies for session and on-demand modes. Curious if there’s a different temperature or a draw technique that people are using?

Andjoe,

budski

cantre member
I've only done a couple of bowls w/out dose caps, I found 10-20* less than with the caps kept a similar flavor/burn.

budski,

seedy53

Now that the v2 dosing caps are in peoples hands, I’m curious if there is a consensus on best practices using them. I am new to this vaporizer and I’m finding it takes about a minute to heat up the herb inside the capsules after the target heat has been reached. Until that point I’m getting zero vapor. Situation applies for session and on-demand modes. Curious if there’s a different temperature or a draw technique that people are using?
410f-428f you won't have to wait that long

seedy53,

Pinte

been using the new caps for almost a week now and still digging them. ive found you get vapor from them on the second draw after the buzz. its also like this without the caps. my other vapes are like this also, they get up to temp and buzz, but no real vapor until a second hit - with the exception of my yocan hit. once it buzzes, its immediate clouds. but its messy and doesnt taste as good.

Pinte,

UhuM

Using the same starting temperature 180/356 in session mode, I'll wait ~15 seconds after the AVLP buzzed and get nice clouds and a relative cool draw. The capsules seem to shift the hybrid balance more towards conduction, but this is actually nice - for a full convection experience, I grab my TM2. The high sits right between the V3Pro/Roffu and the TM2.
While, as mentioned, the flavour is a little muted, the overall experience is better and the avb is roasted evenly. Even a second or third session is possible, as it won't taste like burnt popcorn that fast.

To sum it up: new capsules gave my avlp a new life and so it will replace the roffu for on the go.

I'll thought about the glass pills solution, as the dimpled stem is not available in the EU ATM (no, I won't pay ~30€ with all import etc), may give it a shot.

Currently i'm searching for the smallest (plastic-)tube that can fit 6 capsules and in the firedog bag. Found something promising, but in reality its 0.5mm to small in diameter...

Also building a dosing capsule loading tray with wood and adapters to cover all the diameters of my different capsules.

I actually stopped using my glass path with the rubies in it and went back to the OG glass stem, I found that the cooling was negligible and after a few uses the rubies start to get gummed up and don't move because they are stuck together.

Also I have to say I love the new dosing caps, with the new caps you get the bigger bowl size, definitely more air flow and super easy to load and unload now. Another plus of wanting to use the new dosing caps is that if cuts down on the amount of cleaning times the unit needs to be cleaned.

I am new to vaping with the ALP being my first dry herb vape and have a question, I keep hearing about how it is not desirable to have a lot of silicone in the vapor path and the ALP has a lot, the silicone seal around the dosing cap and the silicone that seals the mouth piece in place. Any worries about this?

Pinte

Silicon can be highly temp resistant, and it's not an open flame so I'm not too concerned. My furnace probably has more questionable materials tbh.

budski

cantre member
Using the same starting temperature 180/356 in session mode, I'll wait ~15 seconds after the AVLP buzzed and get nice clouds and a relative cool draw. The capsules seem to shift the hybrid balance more towards conduction, but this is actually nice - for a full convection experience, I grab my TM2. The high sits right between the V3Pro/Roffu and the TM2.
While, as mentioned, the flavour is a little muted, the overall experience is better and the avb is roasted evenly. Even a second or third session is possible, as it won't taste like burnt popcorn that fast.

Currently i'm searching for the smallest (plastic-)tube that can fit 6 capsules and in the firedog bag. Found something promising, but in reality its 0.5mm to small in diameter...

Also building a dosing capsule loading tray with wood and adapters to cover all the diameters of my different capsules.
I'm leaning towards a tm2 for the simplicity and longevity factor, but think I'd like dose caps in the field rather than loading stems;, after putting my ALP Steamy through it's paces this weekend, like a trophy wife, including a party and concert scenarios, it's a great convo starter, but there is a bit of fiddle factor and cleaning frequency that may leave Steamy by the easy chair for the next concert.
I too am talking capsule management into my own hands. I'm goning to use some scrap cedar to transform a mint tin into a cap station with room for 8 ALP caps, loading tool. clean brush and 2 x5 cap xmax tubes, can't always get what you want so make your own.

I actually stopped using my glass path with the rubies in it and went back to the OG glass stem, I found that the cooling was negligible and after a few uses the rubies start to get gummed up and don't move because they are stuck together.

Also I have to say I love the new dosing caps, with the new caps you get the bigger bowl size, definitely more air flow and super easy to load and unload now. Another plus of wanting to use the new dosing caps is that if cuts down on the amount of cleaning times the unit needs to be cleaned.

I am new to vaping with the ALP being my first dry herb vape and have a question, I keep hearing about how it is not desirable to have a lot of silicone in the vapor path and the ALP has a lot, the silicone seal around the dosing cap and the silicone that seals the mouth piece in place. Any worries about this?
I figured the beads would be more bother than boon, but I might get a dimpled one.

RxPlorer

I'm leaning towards a tm2 for the simplicity and longevity factor, but think I'd like dose caps in the field rather than loading stems;, after putting my ALP Steamy through it's paces this weekend, like a trophy wife, including a party and concert scenarios, it's a great convo starter, but there is a bit of fiddle factor and cleaning frequency that may leave Steamy by the easy chair for the next concert.
I too am talking capsule management into my own hands. I'm goning to use some scrap cedar to transform a mint tin into a cap station with room for 8 ALP caps, loading tool. clean brush and 2 x5 cap xmax tubes, can't always get what you want so make your own.

I figured the beads would be more bother than boon, but I might get a dimpled one.
I moved away from the tm partially for that reason. Now that the caps have been optimized, the ALP is a perfect fit for me and I don't regret the decision one bit. I'll still keep a stem-loaded convection machine in my arsenal once my Toad arrives, but the wooden stem will make that a little more go-friendly than TM was for me.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

do you know if the stroz n bickel caps a similar size?
The S&B capsules are basically the same size, but slightly different shape. They are close enough that you can use the flat orange disc holder for S&B caps to hold ALP capsules (it works best if you only put 4, skipping every other slot).

I have also stopped using the tube with the rubies. it didnt'e seem to contribute much cooling, and made the draw noticeably tighter. Instead, I have one of those twisted tape doodads for dynavaps, from theroguewaxworks dot com, inside the stock glass airway.

I also made a small cleaning kit with a tiny vial of alcohol and some q-tips, fits in a doob tube alongside my ALP in it's case, I swab off the microdose disc and the oval screen after every few bowls, keeps mess to a minim with dosing capsules

Last edited:
The problem with using a tube for the caps is access. You either need 2 tubes (one for used, one for fresh) or you have to remove all of them each time and hope you don't lose track of which are which. Is there a lay-flat solution? Didn't Gary say he was going to work on something other than the temporary cardboard they come in?

StennyH2013,

seedy53

The problem with using a tube for the caps is access. You either need 2 tubes (one for used, one for fresh) or you have to remove all of them each time and hope you don't lose track of which are which. Is there a lay-flat solution? Didn't Gary say he was going to work on something other than the temporary cardboard they come in?
take 2 black doob tubes strap together with small amt. of black duct tape and label one tube with a colored sticker or put on a label strip and write "used" on 1 tube.
presto

RxPlorer

Now that the caps are actually worth using I think it's time for someone to build a good 3rd party carry caddy for them. Delta3DStudios has the 18-cap caddy,

but we need something flat, slim, smaller that can be used for both fresh and hot/spent capsules. So basically the form factor of the air bubble paper case, but one that doesn't suck.

Top Bottom