AirVape Legacy Pro

MHL

Try hard noob
I think I may have been sent the old ones, despite the picture on the product page. Grrrrr.

There is no cut out and they are screw top, with a little screwdriver notch in the lid. Does that sound like the old ones to you?

Also, Is there a way to upload a pic to a post, or can you only link to images hosted elsewhere?
So I contacted VaporizerHut and they say they were sent the old capsules by the supplier, by mistake. They are going to send me some of the new ones when they arrive (10 days ish) and they said keep the old ones too.

Seems like a decent enough response to me, so I'm happy. Also I get to compare the old and new caps. Just tried an old one, agree there is not much vapour compared to directly flower.

seedy53

Just out of curiosity, do we know when a newer version of the ALP is supposed to release? 2024? 2025? Interested to see what upgrades / simplicities will be made for the next model!
2024/2025 sounds about right to me.
i thought i read, we might get a small upgraded special edition, like different version of steampunk unit, before that, though.
tbh - unless Gary-Airvape confirms this, from what i just said, i may be entirely wrong.

Last edited:

newola

So I contacted VaporizerHut and they say they were sent the old capsules by the supplier, by mistake. They are going to send me some of the new ones when they arrive (10 days ish) and they said keep the old ones too.

Seems like a decent enough response to me, so I'm happy. Also I get to compare the old and new caps.

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation with the same company. The owner is a stand up guy and I've bought a few bits from him over the years. He's been nothing but helpful and accommodating and is sorting the situation out.

MHL

Try hard noob
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation with the same company. The owner is a stand up guy and I've bought a few bits from him over the years. He's been nothing but helpful and accommodating and is sorting the situation out.
I don't want to jinx it, cos the new ones haven't arrived yet, but yeah he seems really sound, it's so nice when you get genuine customer service.

Mndeadhead

my new dosing capsules arrived yesterday. What a difference over the original ones. My AVLP had been getting less and less love over the last month or so becasue it was just a pain to keep clean, and v1 of the dosing capsules weren't the best. These new ones have really changed things for me. I like it again. have lots of travel over the next month and was hoping that these would do the trick...Problem solved.

MHL

Try hard noob
my new dosing capsules arrived yesterday. What a difference over the original ones. My AVLP had been getting less and less love over the last month or so becasue it was just a pain to keep clean, and v1 of the dosing capsules weren't the best. These new ones have really changed things for me. I like it again. have lots of travel over the next month and was hoping that these would do the trick...Problem solved.
That's what I wanted to hear, can't wait to get mine through :clap:

Mndeadhead

i have it. works great if you are loading capsule free. i don't think its needed for the loading capsules, just as easier to scoop and go, IMO. Maybe its because of my sausage fingers, but loading the capsules with it feels clumsy.

MHL

Try hard noob
I did wonder about that dosing tool. Is it literally just an oven shaped scoop?

MHL,

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just got mine delivered, today!! I tried one bowl with the air bubble. Very tasty and smooth. I love the loading tool and the capsule works as it was made to do. I am truly impressed. Thumbs up to Gary and the gang at AirVape!! I think this is my fourth or fifth AirVape vaporizer! I will send in a photo and review, after I have thoroughly tested it. But, so far I am a very happy camper.
💃💃💃🥰

Last edited:

MHL

Try hard noob
Hmm I'm curious about it. My initial reaction was sceptical. Like why load up a scoop bowl, only to drop it into the oven bowl... wouldn't it be easier to just load it into the oven bowl directly. But I think I'm missing something... might have to order one and check it out.

ETA: Answered my own question with this video.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
the lid is a huge inprovement. no problem getting them on, and there is a little gp to put your finger nail to get it off. Huge improvement, and much better airflow
I was talking about the lid of the device itself not the caps, the form factor of opening the lid of the device for access is the ergonomic factor that I'm referring to.

budski,
Reactions: seedy53

RxPlorer

Hmm I'm curious about it. My initial reaction was sceptical. Like why load up a scoop bowl, only to drop it into the oven bowl... wouldn't it be easier to just load it into the oven bowl directly. But I think I'm missing something... might have to order one and check it out.

ETA: Answered my own question with this video.

I think you're only missing the experience of how freaking messy the oven can be to load, if not using the capsules.

Because of the 90-degree edges and the gasket designs, you're pretty much always fighting some crumbs if you don't use capsules and if that matters to you, you'll spend a lot of time swabbing corners with q-tips.

The ingress/egress around the oven is like the biggest remaining design flaw of the ALP at this point. I was warned about it before I bought the thing, and I thought it was an exaggeration. No, it really is a problem if you care about cleanliness.

The dosing tool really just serves to minimize the impact of that bad design, and should be included in the box, in my opinion.

Last edited:

seedy53

I think what you're missing is the experience of how freaking messy the oven can be to load, if not using the capsules.

Because of the 90-degree edges and the gasket designs, you're pretty much always fighting some crumbs if you don't use capsules and if that matters to you, you'll spend a lot of time swabbing corners with q-tips.

The ingress/egress around the oven is like the biggest remaining design flaw of the ALP at this point. I was warned about it before I bought the thing, and I thought it was an exaggeration. No, it really is a problem if you care about cleanliness.

The dosing tool really just serves to minimize the impact of that bad design, and should be included in the box, in my opinion.
wonder why i don't have that problem?
any crumbs on the oven platform or any other areas, i put my thumb over the bud in the oven, turn it upside down, and blow-off any product i don't want, including the door or wheel. if door's micro wheel is sticky, i wipe it clean with a touch of iso or everclear on a rag or wipe. with the new v2 caps, i don't have much to clean except big sanitary cleaning i do every 3 or 4 weeks. i do swap out my 4 inch glass tube (have an extra tube) once every day though, when i swap out my battery.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

wonder why i don't have that problem?
any crumbs on the oven platform or any other areas, i put my thumb over the bud in the oven, turn it upside down, and blow-off any product i don't want, including the door or wheel. if door's micro wheel is sticky, i wipe it clean with a touch of iso or everclear on a rag or wipe. with the new v2 caps, i don't have much to clean except big sanitary cleaning i do every 3 or 4 weeks. i do swap out my 4 inch glass tube (have an extra tube) once every day though, when i swap out my battery.
I think it's just a matter of preferences in that case

I don't personally use that method because I'd prefer not to touch the flower with my hand, nothing wrong with it that's just how I am. Since I'm usually at my desk, I don't really want to blow small bits around the room either. Yeah I guess I can see how the load/unload routine wouldn't be a problem for someone not me, haha

Last edited:

seedy53

I think it's just a matter of preferences in that case

I don't personally use that method because I'd prefer not to touch the flower with my hand, nothing wrong with it that's just how I am. Since I'm usually at my desk, I don't really want to blow small bits around the room either. Yeah I guess I can see how the load/unload routine wouldn't be a problem for someone not me, haha
i got answers lol
put on latex/vinyl gloves. how do you load a bowl and pack it without touching the weed. i vacuum or sweep up when done.
i guess you could spread out a bed sheet under your chair and desk like painters do.
or get a tiny computer vacuum cleaner to remove the crumbs and bits from the avlp after loading and unloading it.
i bet your fun at parties lol.
i'm just playing around, no harm, no foul. 8~)

seedy53,

RxPlorer

i got answers lol
put on latex/vinyl gloves. how do you load a bowl and pack it without touching the weed. i vacuum or sweep up when done.
i guess you could spread out a bed sheet under your chair and desk like painters do.
or get a tiny computer vacuum cleaner to remove the crumbs and bits from the avlp after loading and unloading it.
i bet your fun at parties lol.
i'm just playing around, no harm, no foul. 8~)
🙄👍✌️

RxPlorer,

yohonomo

that's just how I am. Since I'm usually at my desk, I don't really want to blow small bits around the room either.
I'm quirky in some aspects, too. I would probably call some of my behaviour "antics" :myday: or "harmless autistic tendencies" . :lol: It's just preference in the end. I find the loading experience and general usage without capsules horribly messy (it isn't) and only tried that twice. That's just not for me.

Acceptance is bliss.
:D

yohonomo,
Top Bottom