AirVape Legacy Pro

StringTheorista

I think I may have been sent the old ones, despite the picture on the product page. Grrrrr.

There is no cut out and they are screw top, with a little screwdriver notch in the lid. Does that sound like the old ones to you?

Also, Is there a way to upload a pic to a post, or can you only link to images hosted elsewhere?
Yep, old ones.
Nope, no native photo uploading, you do have to link to pix hosted elsewhere. I find "postimages" to be the easiest to use
Hope it all gets sorted out for you with minimal fuss

UhuM

That are the old ones, my order from Airvape.eu is also on the way.

I do hope that it will be the new ones.
Where did you order from?
They've sent me the new ones.
Nice capsules and thanks for the deal @Gary-Airvape .
They take some of the taste you could potentially achieve with the AVLP, when used just with a screen. In return you get a portable good hitting device.
Some sort of cover for the mouthpiece would be nice.

seedy53

They've sent me the new ones.
Nice capsules and thanks for the deal @Gary-Airvape .
They take some of the taste you could potentially achieve with the AVLP, when used just with a screen. In return you get a portable good hitting device.
Some sort of cover for the mouthpiece would be nice.
cover, buy the airvape legacy pro silicone wpa. that will work, promise lol

budski

cantre member
Started with v3s, I was on the verge of getting a lobo to upgrade my one (Love the formfactor), but the laborday bundle just kicked me up a notch.
Thanks Gary-Airvape!! will prolly get more caps and a magnetic charger too down the rd.

seedy53

Started with v3s, I was on the verge of getting a lobo to upgrade my one (Love the formfactor), but the laborday bundle just kicked me up a notch.
Thanks Gary-Airvape!! will prolly get more caps and a magnetic charger too down the rd.
you will not be disappointed, it is a marvelous vap device.
take care of it, it will last you years. with these new accessories, it should rate now - 9.5 out of 10

budski

cantre member
I understand the more surface area science, but it's all in a heat chamber, it's all going to get heated regardless of how fine or not. What I am experiencing is just a huge flavor boost when it's not really ground, however. The high is just as strong, and the bowls last just as long. I guess if it's just me, then I'm another vape nutter lost down some weird rabbit hole again.
I'm a nutter too I guess because I get the best flavor from most strains by cutting it up in a bowl w/mini-snapblade knife,which is time consuming. The reason imho is the terps stay on the plant matter instead of the teeth walls and keef screen of the grinder, (fuck the pulverize/coffee style).
I tired finger pick, knife cut, scissor cut, Auto9 course grind (2.5 w/15 total teeth), Pulsar 2.5 handcrank w/45 teeth), all in dose caps in Identical set V3s; knife cut wins for flavor, Auto9 is close but waaaay faster and the dispensing cone rocks. I easily scrape the terps out of the cone with a extended mini-knife blade and top off the caps with them.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have been really enjoying finger grinded herb at 420 degrees. Up until this point I used a medium grind with my BCG around 370 degrees and it tasted pretty good and smooth. However, for kicks one day I decided to just finger grind a little. Just into smaller bits, and keeping the stems out where possible. Mostly just picking apart a bud by hand into the bowl. The flavor just blows me away, you can taste the "smell" of the product perfectly. I've been going at my gelatos non-stop because the stronger flavor I'm getting makes them taste so good. I have since ordered a course grinder for my BCG to see if that will grind it as well as my fingers do. Maybe someone knows of a grinder that just picks apart a bud and doesn't actually "grind"?

Just curious if other people are experiencing the same flavor difference here or if I'm going nuts. The difference to me is not slight like most things are in the vape world, it's absolutely night and day.
I discovered the exact same thing. I used to vape medium ground flower at 370F (session mode always) and then one day I tried little finger ground nuggs at the same temp and it was much tastier. At first I thought it could be the grinding that was causing the flavor loss but what I found was that it was actually the temperature that was too aggressive.

I tried vaping medium ground flower at a much lower temperature. I set the temp at 330F and I found this was just as tasty as the thicker nuggs at 370F. I think the heater reading is a lot hotter than what is displayed, at least on my unit. My bowls of ground flower had always been tasty but the experience was much better at "lower" temperatures.

StringTheorista

I've been musing about why/how the ALP has such superlative flavor. It's not a full glass vapor path, there are those PEEK corners, yet it is up with the most flavorful vaporizers I own (Lotus, e-nano, and vapman). Here are my guesses.
1) gold plated bowl. Gold seems to be exceptionally flavor neutral or even flavor enhancing. The vapman, the only other vape I know of that has a gold plated bowl/oven, is also a flavor powerhouse.
2) the flat mouthpiece. In addition to the zirconia ceramic being very flavor neutral, I'm wondering if the shape also contributes. Like, it creates a flattened sort of "spray" of vapor, compared to a round mp, coating the taste buds more?
Just spitballing here, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

seedy53

I've been musing about why/how the ALP has such superlative flavor. It's not a full glass vapor path, there are those PEEK corners, yet it is up with the most flavorful vaporizers I own (Lotus, e-nano, and vapman). Here are my guesses.
1) gold plated bowl. Gold seems to be exceptionally flavor neutral or even flavor enhancing. The vapman, the only other vape I know of that has a gold plated bowl/oven, is also a flavor powerhouse.
2) the flame mouthpiece. In addition to the zirconia ceramic being very flavor neutral, I'm wondering if the shape also contributes. Like, it creates a flattened sort of "spray" of vapor, compared to a round mp, coating the taste buds more?
some users remove mouthpiece and suck the hole on the unit's end.
flat makes it better for sipping you can attach silicone or glass wpa if you want round or attach a bong or j-hook.

seedy53,
Reactions: MHL

Dr. G

Old Resident
2) the flat mouthpiece. In addition to the zirconia ceramic being very flavor neutral, I'm wondering if the shape also contributes. Like, it creates a flattened sort of "spray" of vapor, compared to a round mp, coating the taste buds more?
Greetings Everyone,
I have always wondered why my ALP was the best flavor...I have spent thousands of dollars on my other vapes...endless. At the end of the day...my ALP's and my Steamroller ALP are the best vapes hands down. I do love my Vapman's, my Lamart's, my TM's....my Volcano, but...at the end of the day, the ALP has the best flavor for me HANDS DOWN no questions....even better than the award winning Firefly which I own every model of. I get the best flavor from chunky hand grind, and set at 380...it is just heaven. For the die hard's that need that CLOUD...well, it does that too. Great vape, great company...and they have more in store for us...always evolving.

ondemander

Welcome and congrats! Always great to score one that means more to you... The tank stem is great if you want a compact dry stem, it restricts the air flow a bit but has great cooling, and the tetra has wide open air flow so it works well... Yes always WPA, spare screens etc, I love my WPAs from GVB though:

No the TM does not have standard ground glass connection like the Tetra (and RBT vapes) so those stems only work in that vape (unless it has 18.8 mm male WPA tip, then it can be used in reverse in the Tetra, like how I use backwards RBT stems in the TM as WPA)

Most of these artists buy the units themselves and then build the accessories around that, GVB bought his units, Duba did too, most artisan companies especially do not send free units out this way... Even the mainstream mass-produced units don't send out free units to accessory making artists, tr
2) the flame mouthpiece. In addition to the zirconia ceramic being very flavor neutral, I'm wondering if the shape also contributes. Like, it creates a flattened sort of "spray" of vapor, compared to a round mp, coating the taste buds more?
It's simple really. It has a short vapor path and holds more herb than all those other vapes you listed. It also has just a hint of conduction for a little added twist.

RxPlorer

got the new capsules today. they're really nice, easy to pop open and close again. so simple.

the old ones i had a hard time getting much vapor from them compared to just putting the flower in the oven. with these, no problems.
I agree the new capsules are putting out a lot more vapor. Maybe it's just the 15% more capacity, maybe something else

Top Bottom