AirVape Legacy Pro

tashian

Anyone noticing decreased airflow despite cleaning the unit? I somehow have been gradually noticing a reduction of airflow along the months I have had the unit despite deeply cleaning it. I wonder if the problem is between the ball and the air intake but have no clue how to get into that area. Any suggestions?

Adobewan

Sorry if it's been covered, I haven't kept up on this thread as an owner should, but has anyone had issues with the little rubber gasket that sits above the long pill-shaped screen next to the bowl? Mine does not sit tight or snug. I lost my first one cleaning it, ordered a replacement pack, and nearly lost a second one(I only just found it, days later, on the rug across the room by happenstance).
Anyone have any management tips for it?

seedy53

Sorry if it's been covered, I haven't kept up on this thread as an owner should, but has anyone had issues with the little rubber gasket that sits above the long pill-shaped screen next to the bowl? Mine does not sit tight or snug. I lost my first one cleaning it, ordered a replacement pack, and nearly lost a second one(I only just found it, days later, on the rug across the room by happenstance).
Anyone have any management tips for it?

Adobewan

i posted this:
every few months, replace the silicone rubber pad under the micro wheel on door. are you soaking it, don't, more than a couple min.
every few weeks remove wheel rubber pad, clean both sides and under the door area. clean/soak the micro wheel and the inside of the wheel too. it help with air too

tashian

i bet you're not cleaning the air path well enough. the passage plus the little oval screen and it's path to glass tube and under that little screen itself gets a big amount of oil and crud inside . get a dental prox brush and baby Japanese q-tips with iso and work on it till clean. remove tube and battery before doing it.​

clean/soak the micro wheel and the inside of the wheel too. it help with air too

do the mouthpiece path side too. afterwards, do a burn off​

Last edited:

tashian

Adobewan

i posted this:
every few months, replace the silicone rubber pad under the micro wheel on door. are you soaking it, don't, more than a couple min.
every few weeks remove wheel rubber pad, clean both sides and under the door area. clean/soak the micro wheel and the inside of the wheel too. it help with air too

tashian

i bet you're not cleaning the air path well enough. the passage plus the little oval screen and it's path to glass tube and under that little screen itself gets a big amount of oil and crud inside . get a dental prox brush and baby Japanese q-tips with iso and work on it till clean. remove tube and battery before doing it.​

clean/soak the micro wheel and the inside of the wheel too. it help with air too

do the mouthpiece path side too. afterwards, do a burn off​

Thanks but been doing that quite carefully but no big improvement. No longer use the small pill ruber gasket nor even the plate on the mouth piece as I get better airflow and keep particles away with a S&B fine mesh screen with the same shape placed in the same place on the mouthpiece, so that is why I suspect the region below the ball. It has no retriction if I have the door open.

seedy53

Thanks but been doing that quite carefully but no big improvement. No longer use the small pill ruber gasket nor even the plate on the mouth piece as I get better airflow and keep particles away with a S&B fine mesh screen with the same shape placed in the same place on the mouthpiece, so that is why I suspect the region below the ball. It has no retriction if I have the door open.
i truly have no idea what you are saying. \
small pill rubber gasket-what is that
region below the ball.-what is that
maybe some photo or pics
maybe blow thru the big intake screen and see if air blows thru the oven-if not clogged oven is an issue
i just don't understand what your describing sorry

tashian

Sorry non native speaker... calling ball to the "oven" and the other thing is the small screen on the right side of the "oven". My suspission is the bottom of the oven that may have some of the airholes clogged but cant be sure about that as I can not access it to see in counter light if that is the case. I am affraid of blowing air under pressure in the "oven" or soak it with Iso.

tashian,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Sorry non native speaker... calling ball to the "oven" and the other thing is the small screen on the right side of the "oven". My suspission is the bottom of the oven that may have some of the airholes clogged but cant be sure about that as I can not access it to see in counter light if that is the case. I am affraid of blowing air under pressure in the "oven" or soak it with Iso.
sorry my friend i don't think i can explain how to fix that problem. with your mouth blow thru the big intake screen in the front of the unit and see if air blows thru the oven, it won't hurt it that way. then you know if oven is clogged. maybe someone else like Gary@airvape can do better in direction.

seedy53,

Adobewan

I don't think I was clear.
I'm not having airflow issues. The small ellipse-shaped gasket over the ellipse-shaped screen, to the left of the oven in the attached image, doesn't stay in place. The one in this image from the internet looks nice and snug, but mine are wobbly and don't stay in place.
0juzaftg5i591.jpg

Adobewan,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

I'm not having airflow issues. The small ellipse-shaped gasket over the ellipse-shaped screen, to the left of the oven in the attached image, doesn't stay in place. The one in this image from the internet looks nice and snug, but mine are wobbly and don't stay in place.
0juzaftg5i591.jpg
yeah i regret removing mine on og model. buy the factory replacement parts from airvapeusa.com. if you can't get it to work,i didn't, do away with it.
then i lay-over a stainless steel, 1/2 inch screen over the top of the loaded weed in oven.
this system works well, esp if you use it with the micro-wheel on the door side.
it works well the 1/2 screen will stick to micro-wheel after vaping and opening the unit so collect and reuse or replace with new one.

seedy53,
Reactions: Adobewan

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have every case made...Storz and B are super nice cases but, mine smell. The ONLY case that does not smell and is snug but, large enough to carry herb is the Airvape case and you can store some other things under the mesh is perfect. I am just wondering why they did not make it large enough to carry the portable battery they sell in it. The portable battery is a bit too large...now, wouldn't that have been a perfect world. But, its not a perfect world. I will carry my battery in another bag...because we humans need other stupid shit always.

Crescendo

@Dr. G I bought https://www.amazon.com/FIREDOG-Tested-Smoking-Crossbody-Storage/dp/B088KDX33M/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=firedog+smell+proof+bag&qid=1691473853&sprefix=firedog,aps,142&sr=8-5&th=1 2 years ago and the avp fits perfect in it. I also have room for an extra battery, the cardboard box with the 6 dosing capsules, extra mouth piece (I don't like my friends hitting off my mouth piece, some of them have cold sores...) and last but not least, a contact lense case that I keep a type 2 sativa and type 2 indica ground up and ready to load if I run out of the pre-loaded flower.

Crescendo,

Dr. G

Old Resident
@Dr. G I bought https://www.amazon.com/FIREDOG-Tested-Smoking-Crossbody-Storage/dp/B088KDX33M/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=firedog+smell+proof+bag&qid=1691473853&sprefix=firedog,aps,142&sr=8-5&th=1 2 years ago and the avp fits perfect in it. I also have room for an extra battery, the cardboard box with the 6 dosing capsules, extra mouth piece (I don't like my friends hitting off my mouth piece, some of them have cold sores...) and last but not least, a contact lense case that I keep a type 2 sativa and type 2 indica ground up and ready to load if I run out of the pre-loaded flower.
Thanks for the heads up...I am going to get one today. I like how it looks lots...I love containers. This one looks cool how it opens and looks softer as well. Thank you for the heads up...super.

PS....I just ordered the red one. Good price for this case. Thanks again!

Crescendo

Thanks for the heads up...I am going to get one today. I like how it looks lots...I love containers. This one looks cool how it opens and looks softer as well. Thank you for the heads up...super.

PS....I just ordered the red one. Good price for this case. Thanks again!
Let me know what you think, it really is a perfect case for the avp and the needed accessories 👍

Crescendo,
Reactions: Dr. G

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
0juzaftg5i591.jpg
me I removed that gold screen and gasket and instead put a MiniVap screen over the bowl. Amazing airflow and no gunk and easier to clean

seedy53

me I removed that gold screen and gasket and instead put a MiniVap screen over the bowl. Amazing airflow and no gunk and easier to clean
yep 1/2 screen over the bowl oven works get and leave the oblong screen and gasket out

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: Okla68

seedy53

this sub activity is slowing a lot. it saddens me .
i got my new desktop vap last week.
i thought it would be the enso hookah vap but it was not for me.
i went with one of the first 100% convection vap made back in 1999.
it has been constantly upgraded to almost perfection. esp for a elderly woman with my physical issues.
i bought and now use it as my main daily driver.
it's made by vaporbrothers called the vb1.5 box ball-whip desktop vaporizer.
so i'm backing off this sub.
it's been great place to learn about the Airvape Legacy Pro.
Thanks all of you for your knowledge and comments
Gary@airvapeusa.com you are the best.
bi bi.

Pinte

a buddy of mine has an original from 1999 and has used it almost daily since, he hasnt upgraded it, but he likes it

tried it once and it was fine. i dont have room for a desktop vape tho, so the avlp is still working out fantastic

Finessseee

Stainless Steel screens vs V2 dosing caps. I’m wondering if it’s worth holding out on purchasing the LP a few more weeks until the V2 dosing caps release? I’ve been tempted to buy this device, but the frequent cleaning / maintence has prevented me to take the plunge.. do the Stainless Steel screens really make that much of a difference? Or will the new dosing caps most likely keep the device cleaner in comparison? I’ve read some people here use the V1 dosing cap lids as a screen as well. Dosing caps vs Screens for easier maintenance?

Finessseee,

Okla68

There was a flat perforated disc with 3 tangs on it that was part of the OG AL oven reducer. I use it instead of the dosing caps lids or screens.
I fill the bowl full then press the disc into the bowl. The tangs hold it in place. This also compresses the load which seems to enhance the overall extraction without decreasing Air flow. When load is spent, I remove the disc, brush it clean and Flatten the tangs(which hold it in place) back to original. Further clean and wipe the bowl...good to go !
It seems the compressed load does a better job of even and complete extraction !

Last edited:

seedy53

There was a flat perforated disc with 3 tangs on it that was part of the OG ALP oven reducer. I use it instead of the dosing caps lids or screens.
I fill the bowl full then press the disc into the bowl. The tangs hold it in place. This also compresses the load which seems to enhance the overall extraction without decreasing Air flow. When load is spent, I remove the disc, brush it clean and Flatten the tangs(which hold it in place) back to original. Further clean and wipe the bowl...good to go !
It seems the compressed load does a better job of even and complete extraction !
screen with 3 tangs was for the legacy not for legacy pro

seedy53,
Reactions: Okla68

Pinte

I have been really enjoying finger grinded herb at 420 degrees. Up until this point I used a medium grind with my BCG around 370 degrees and it tasted pretty good and smooth. However, for kicks one day I decided to just finger grind a little. Just into smaller bits, and keeping the stems out where possible. Mostly just picking apart a bud by hand into the bowl. The flavor just blows me away, you can taste the "smell" of the product perfectly. I've been going at my gelatos non-stop because the stronger flavor I'm getting makes them taste so good. I have since ordered a course grinder for my BCG to see if that will grind it as well as my fingers do. Maybe someone knows of a grinder that just picks apart a bud and doesn't actually "grind"?

Just curious if other people are experiencing the same flavor difference here or if I'm going nuts. The difference to me is not slight like most things are in the vape world, it's absolutely night and day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom