AirVape Legacy Pro

sickmanfraud

My OG Mighty can be wispy at 185C. But during the LP Pro review by Troy and Jerry, Jerry commented that the LP Pro temp rises over the course of the session [he showed much darker ABV than a Crafty + set at the same temp with same herb]. So I would have thought the LP Pro at 185C to give decent clouds after a few hits. I'm waiting on delivery. So hoping someone with LP experience can comment?
I vaped a bowl at 185C in on-demand mode. No charring, no burnt taste at all. Nice clouds. After Gary said that a screen would not void the warranty I put a mighty screen over the cannabis and pushed it down very lightly the screen stays put and emptying the bowl is much less of a mess/chore.

On-demand, the Legacy Pro is a different vape than session mode, in my experience.

This vape is starting to grow on me. Time and the "reach" test will make things more clear.

arefx

I vaped a bowl at 185C in on-demand mode. No charring, no burnt taste at all. Nice clouds. After Gary said that a screen would not void the warranty I put a mighty screen over the cannabis and pushed it down very lightly the screen stays put and emptying the bowl is much less of a mess/chore.

On-demand, the Legacy Pro is a different vape than session mode, in my experience.

This vape is starting to grow on me. Time and the "reach" test will make things more clear.
I haven't messed with on demand too much yet what would you say are the main differences and which do you prefer. Temps and draw technique for on demand?

arefx,

sickmanfraud

Session adds conduction which many people like but it also cooks your cannabis even when not drawing directly.

After using on-demand I don't think I would mess with the session mode again, with the exception of if I got an Airvape WPA and was using the LP on a water piece.

Complexity

I’m having abdominal surgery soon and plan to use this as it’s the coolest and hasn’t made me cough yet.
I second this. Wish I would have had the LPRO around a year ago after my major abdominal surgery. It's got the smoothest, coolest vapor in my vape rotation. Hardly ever makes me cough, even at 400-420F. Plus using wax with it also gives smooth, flavorful hits at lower temps(430-464F).

Complexity,

Stone__Man

I believe it vapes better when the weed is more compacted than just free floating around as you draw. Just like you don't want to pack a convection vape too tight you don't want it too light either, a light tamp works best. The pad helps keep the light tamp while the air pulls thru instead of blowing the weed around the extra space in the bowl. It will also keep down in some of the mess but that's not the main purpose. People do the same thing to microdose in the mighty.
thanks for that :) I wonder if the rep can chime in on dosing pods or wtf ever you call them? and if they consider making a different micro dosing screen, as personally i feel its way to loose and does not go low enough into the bowl. and the crazy thing about it is my assumption is the more you extend it outward the more bits of herb make their way to the filter screen.

so screwing down all the way the gold screen and using the concentrates disk on top of load , is the way to go currently for less MESS, with a smaller load. I assume for larger loads they should make a rimmed screen for top of bowl.

time will tell.

also airvape PLEASE make a filling FUNNEL.

MagnumMafia05

Just tell us the amps needed for the battery. As long as you use a battery with that amp rating or higher, you would be fine. Say you need a 15a rated battery for this device, but instead are using a 5a rated battery, that is where you could run

thanks for that :) I wonder if the rep can chime in on dosing pods or wtf ever you call them? and if they consider making a different micro dosing screen, as personally i feel its way to loose and does not go low enough into the bowl. and the crazy thing about it is my assumption is the more you extend it outward the more bits of herb make their way to the filter screen.

so screwing down all the way the gold screen and using the concentrates disk on top of load , is the way to go currently for less MESS.

time will tell.
I'd definitely would pick up dosing capsules if they are made well.

I'm going pick up some 15mm pipe screens as I measured and seems it should fit into the bowl completely so nothing would get through.

Still wanting to know the amperage on the battery and also what is the minimum amperage is needed for a battery. I have my 20amp H ohm life batteries from my vape mod.

MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: RxPlorer

tokenknifeguy

I'd definitely would pick up dosing capsules if they are made well.

I'm going pick up some 15mm pipe screens as I measured and seems it should fit into the bowl completely so nothing would get through.

Still wanting to know the amperage on the battery and also what is the minimum amperage is needed for a battery. I have my 20amp H ohm life batteries from my vape mod.
I would imagine a 15a would be enough, and when in doubt, go up to 20a or 25a battery, but yes minimum amps recommended from the manufacture would be awesome.

tokenknifeguy,

Pukka

Well, your knowledge of battery far exceeds mine, there is no point to argue here. If you could give us your recommendation I will forward it to the factory and we will find a solution. We are trying to make life easier but to be honest, I never changed the battery in any of my devices... and trust me I have a few... all the prototypes, and early releases, still work fine. I don't see the point of making this an issue.
but I'm here, hearing you, and will find a solution to fulfill your needs!

Molicel P26 and P28, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC 5 or VTC6 off the top of my head which would be vacant except for "Battery" Mooch. Everybody who uses a portable vape w/replaceables should google and read, he's a very safety oriented and smart person.

Like I said, I totally understand Airvape's reasoning. Some fool sticks a 5 amp cell in a circuit designed for a 15 amp cell and does 4 or 5 back to back concentrate bowls and janks everything up. Yeah, no one needs that kind of bad juju. And I appologize if it seemed like I was Karening you, not at all my intention.

I will add LG HG2 to the list.
Also, some vapes do not supply 18650 batteries with their device but just list the CDR (continuous discharge rating) and say to use quality cells from a reputable seller that meets or exceeds the rating. :tup:

I'm alternating between Molicel P26's with an occasional LG H2 and Samsung 30Q (along with the original cell). No problems, much happiness. Yeah, the P26's are only 2600 mAh so I get a couple less sessions.

Don't let me confuse you, I also would like to know the amp rating of the Airvape cell. TBH, however, I know that if I use a respectable cell from a responsable vender I'm not going to have any problems.

Vapinski

so screwing down all the way the gold screen and using the concentrates disk on top of load , is the way to go currently for less MESS, with a smaller load. I assume for larger loads they should make a rimmed screen for top of bowl.

time will tell.

also airvape PLEASE make a filling FUNNEL.
Gary has already stated somewhere in this thread that they are working on both dosing capsules and a loading tool. It's coming!

arefx

Anyone else having really good luck with the concentrate pad at max temp. I put a fat dab in it and it vapes it great! Always felt like you just waste your dab in something like a pax or mighty.

MagnumMafia05

Anyone else having really good luck with the concentrate pad at max temp. I put a fat dab in it and it vapes it great! Always felt like you just waste your dab in something like a pax or mighty.
I have a bucket of d8 ill have to try sometime.

MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: arefx

fogbank

I have only used my Legacy Pro with concentrates. I have lots of other vapes for flower. I am not using max temp, only 428 F.

The Legacy Pro has made concentrates usable for me. I've tried the XMAX Qomo and the Puffco Plus pen. They both produce vapor that is too hot for me, leading to lots of coughing. With the Legacy Pro at 428 F I get cooler hits and lots of vapor from the concentrates.

It takes a little while to get going, but it works great once it's up to temp.

arefx

Something to keep an eye on and maybe Gary can chime in but I just picked up my pro for a session and noticed the back of it where the wireless charging is is becoming loose and making a creaking noise. Not sure if it's going to keep getting worse but there's some wiggle now and it used to be solid, literally my third day with it, been super careful no drops. I'm sure it's probably something covered under warranty if it becomes an issue.

MagnumMafia05

Something to keep an eye on and maybe Gary can chime in but I just picked up my pro for a session and noticed the back of it where the wireless charging is is becoming loose and making a creaking noise. Not sure if it's going to keep getting worse but there's some wiggle now and it used to be solid, literally my third day with it, been super careful no drops. I'm sure it's probably something covered under warranty if it becomes an issue.
Mine is like that right where the up/down buttons are. Actually its from the usb c to about slightly more than 3/4th to the right side of the screen. moves inward and creaks if you push on the back slightly. I noticed it the other day but can't tell you if it was like that from day 1 or when it started.

MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: arefx

arefx

Mine is like that right where the up/down buttons are. Actually its from the usb c to about slightly more than 3/4th to the right side of the screen. moves inward and creaks if you push on the back slightly. I noticed it the other day but can't tell you if it was like that from day 1 or when it started.
Yeah that's where mine does it maybe it's nothing to worry about I just never remember it doing that. 👍

Edit: also a thought they should sell a different micro dosing screen with a longer post so it sticks out farther, maybe even make different sizes, so that when it's screwed in the longer post makes it stick farther into the bowl

Last edited:
arefx,

Stone__Man

anyone done any testing with a decent thermal gun? seems temps are WAY high, no where near the claimed -+/- 1 degree F

I have no solid info about how much over but I'm guessing its 20 to 25 deg F. kinda bs for a product that costs so much money and claims tight variance in temps.

Stone__Man,

RxPlorer

anyone done any testing with a decent thermal gun? seems temps are WAY high, no where near the claimed -+/- 1 degree F

I have no solid info about how much over but I'm guessing its 20 to 25 deg F. kinda bs for a product that costs so much money and claims tight variance in temps.
just to be accurate here, their claim is 1 degree adjustment increments, not an herb temp that is within 2 degrees of thermal precision. unless I missed an accuracy claim somewhere, which would be an idiotic claim to make even at much higher price points.

My guess is the temperature sensor reads 20f low, meaning the convection stream runs 20 degrees hotter than indicated. Too bad there isn't a way to offset the reading to calibrate the experience

newola

First session partaken. Taste - very good, clouds - surprisingly good, effects - very nice. So far overall I’m liking it. Initial gripe, for want of a better word, is that the build quality isn’t as I’d expected. Stitching is a bit lacking in one place and the bunching up of the material on the underside is a bit lumpy.

But, to be fair, if the effects and flavour continue…….I’m a happy bunny.

MagnumMafia05

Got the OG mouthpiece today and what a HUGE difference between the 2 gaskets. It's SOLID when in place. Now I'd feel comfortable getting the WPA and using it. I'll wait till there is a decent sale on it though.

First session partaken. Taste - very good, clouds - surprisingly good, effects - very nice. So far overall I’m liking it. Initial gripe, for want of a better word, is that the build quality isn’t as I’d expected. Stitching is a bit lacking in one place and the bunching up of the material on the underside is a bit lumpy.

But, to be fair, if the effects and flavour continue…….I’m a happy bunny.
Yea mine has 2 stitching that is broken when I first got it but as long as the back (wireless charging) doesn't come any more loose I'm okay with it since I didn't pay full price. Otherwise I'd probably have a fit.

Yeah that's where mine does it maybe it's nothing to worry about I just never remember it doing that. 👍

Edit: also a thought they should sell a different micro dosing screen with a longer post so it sticks out farther, maybe even make different sizes, so that when it's screwed in the longer post makes it stick farther into the bowl
I agree with the different micro dose screen sizes. I'd get one for half a bowl. I'd even say include some 15mm pipe screens, so that when placed over the flower, it covers the actual whole bowl so no mess.

Top Bottom