AirVape Legacy Pro

DryBonesufo

Hello there fuck combustion!

I doubt any of you will remember my username, I've been actively lurking daily but I think my last post was probably close to a year ago when I bought my tiny might.

Now I love the vapor production on this thing… but to be honest, its fragility and sometimes difficulty of use has really got me to the point where I don't like taking it around with me anymore, it's become something that lives at home, which is quite disappointing to me because I bought it for the exact opposite reason.

Now I always would've thought it sacrilege, but I am hearing a lot of people saying that the Legacy pro can actually replace the tiny might?

I know a lot of people are still getting their is in and impressions are pretty short at this point, but is that true?

If this thing can actually go head to head with the tiny might as far as vapor production and flavor extraction, I feel like this would be a no-brainer for me to buy right now.

... But for years even with its flaws, the tm has been considered the de facto powerhouse handheld. Is the Legacy pro really the device to dethrone it? I'm not going to lie, I do want to be, it just look so sexy!
Only time will tell. Like you said, we all seem to be getting the Pro at the same time so right this honey moon phase is strong lol.
But I will say that the vapor production is comparable to the TM and P80 and I own both. The TM is punchy, P80 is smooth and Pro is “airy”? Lmao. The vapor sneaks up and before you know it you’re blowing out clouds. Then you check the bowl, it’s perfectly baked, and it’s ready to go. The Pro is making a statement of possibly being the true “portable” heavy hitter. With its form factor and look of “elegance” it’s def a vape to take out and about. I do notice that after use, there is minimal if any no smell which is a plus.

florduh

My VAS has been pretty dormant for over a year now. Seeing this thing compared to top tier convection portables though...

here we go again GIF

JohnJacobs

Only time will tell. Like you said, we all seem to be getting the Pro at the same time so right this honey moon phase is strong lol.
But I will say that the vapor production is comparable to the TM and P80 and I own both. The TM is punchy, P80 is smooth and Pro is “airy”? Lmao. The vapor sneaks up and before you know it you’re blowing out clouds. Then you check the bowl, it’s perfectly baked, and it’s ready to go. The Pro is making a statement of possibly being the true “portable” heavy hitter. With its form factor and look of “elegance” it’s def a vape to take out and about. I do notice that after use, there is minimal if any no smell which is a plus.
Agreed! If I have a “dirty” bowl I can smell it with the lid open, but when closed there’s virtually no smell. It’s great. Also, been handling this thing daily for 2 weeks now and it’s completely fingerprint proof which is amazing!

Edit: Also, the fact that I keep wanting to use my TM to compare it side by side but keep just grabbing the Pro (haven’t used TM once since getting it) speaks volumes in itself especially considering I was right in the honeymoon phase with my TM as it was (and I REALLY enjoyed my TinyMight, especially through WPA)

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The AirVape Legacy PRO has my VAS juices going again. Very happy that AirVape spent two more years improving the AirVape Legacy's technology and execution. There's a whole lot to like about this new release including AirVape's life time warranty and generous exchange program.

Question: Is this vape strictly a DTL draw unit, or can a MTL technique be used successfully? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Photo from AirVape site

Air-Vape-Legacy-PRO.jpg

DryBonesufo

Def a lot of
The AirVape Legacy PRO has my VAS juices going again. Very happy that AirVape spent two more years improving the AirVape Legacy's technology and execution. There's a whole lot to like about this new release including AirVape's life time warranty and generous exchange program.

Question: Is this vape strictly a DTL draw unit, or can a MTL technique be used successfully? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Photo from AirVape site

Air-Vape-Legacy-PRO.jpg
I think session mode would be best for MTL and on demand mode for DTL? I primarily use the device in on demand mode.

Dargin B

I like this vape! The vapor, avb, and hit remind me of the minivap more than anything else (though water). 2 solid rips per bowl at 420 / 430 so far. It heats up right away, the draw is flexible / responsive. It’s pretty tasty. I love how simple it is to use. I actually enjoyed using it dry which is saying something. It’s not without its faults, but if you like buying vapes and can swing it I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in this one.

Okla68

I like this vape! The vapor, avb, and hit remind me of the minivap more than anything else (though water). 2 solid rips per bowl at 420 / 430 so far. It heats up right away, the draw is flexible / responsive. It’s pretty tasty. I love how simple it is to use. I actually enjoyed using it dry which is saying something. It’s not without its faults, but if you like buying vapes and can swing it I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in this one.
DAMN, "2RIPS@ BOWL"....I guess that's what 50+ years of Bonging and cigs will do to your lungs, lol...I Finish a bowl in 10 minutes(Session Mode) !!!
Im thinking the "Honeymoon" period is going to last quite some time with this unit !!

RxPlorer

Nice sentiments so far. How does pro do with smaller loads?

Hmm has anyone tried packing that airpath with boro beads?

RxPlorer,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Okla68

I find Lots of variables in load size, depending on product. Ive found with most Convection vapes that a mid size load seems to extract the best, for me.
Just ran 0.13gm of CREAM POP thru the Pro set On Demand 420°F. When I felt the load was spent, I cashed out to an ABV weight of 0.06gms. of dark Coffee colored material.

☆☆☆
Im gonna call it the "Legacy Pro Auto Deloader Function" !
I dont know if it's happening to anyone else, but, has anyone else had the Entire spent load Stay Attached to the Disc on the door when you open it. Sure makes it Easy to clean. I had noticed my OG Legacy did the same thing once I inserted the additional Disc they sold as a "Fix"(it worked) for the char problem.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
has anyone else had the Entire spent load Stay Attached to the Disc on the door when you open it.
This happens on another convection unit I own when I pack a partial load and it gets sucked up to the filter disc...and sticks there...great for single hits that can be for micro-dosing or just enjoying flavours as you have a fresh bowl every toke. :tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Okla68

JohnJacobs

Any word on the materials in the vapor path? Also this vape is being compared to the TinyMight, but picks of the oven make me think its more like a mass production Firewood 7. Hybrid heating. Am I wrong?
You’re not wrong. I’ve been comparing it to the TinyMight as it’s the only other vape I own atm, they both are on demand, and they both produce ginormous clouds. I have to say the edge goes to the PRO. The clouds are roughly the same size but man I swear this thing gets me more medicated and it cools better in stock form.

Okla68

Any word on the materials in the vapor path? Also this vape is being compared to the TinyMight, but picks of the oven make me think its more like a mass production Firewood 7. Hybrid heating. Am I wrong?
From several days use, the only time materials in the bowl gets hot is when you are drawing thru it....TRUE CONVECTION.....Not Hybrid IMO !

DryBonesufo

From several days use, the only time materials in the bowl gets hot is when you are drawing thru it....TRUE CONVECTION.....Not Hybrid IMO !
It’s interesting that it’s advertised as hybrid..
I’m hoping for
1. Dosing pods
2. As mentioned earlier in this thread, a more true bowl reducer
3. New colors

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’m hoping for
I am hoping for a good discount next sales time...Black Friday is a long way off though!
I am a fan of the wide bowl design with convection-orientated vapes...more surface area for the incoming hot air rather than a tube-type oven just seems to roast more evenly IME (and seems to reduce airflow restriction).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Any word on the materials in the vapor path? Also this vape is being compared to the TinyMight, but pics of the oven make me think its more like a mass production Firewood 7. Hybrid heating. Am I wrong?
Yeah it looked like fatter, more expensive Firefly design to me with that goofy lid
You’re not wrong. I’ve been comparing it to the TinyMight as it’s the only other vape I own atm, they both are on demand, and they both produce ginormous clouds. I have to say the edge goes to the PRO. The clouds are roughly the same size but man I swear this thing gets me more medicated and it cools better in stock form.

How much did you guys pay for the pre-order?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
$103 And worth EVERY PENNY OF IT ! And don't know if I would call it a "preorder", seeing I ordered on Wed and had unit Monday !
I read it called a pre-order in the unreleased thread. Heck yeah, for that price I'd absolutely buy one. $269 not so much. If it's not a preorder then I'll allow myself some fomo that you got the friends and family price :tup:

jbm

I read it called a pre-order in the unreleased thread. Heck yeah, for that price I'd absolutely buy one. $269 not so much. If it's not a preorder then I'll allow myself some fomo that you got the friends and family price :tup:
Airvape discounts the shit out of new models for owners of older models. It's one of their few redeeming qualities. I do have to say, despite my vow to not give them business, that in reading these posts the VAS is beginning to twitch a bit.

EDIT: fuck me, I bought the fucking thing.

Last edited:

florduh

There's a 15% off coupon on Google I found a few days ago. The full price.... I dunno, it's basically the same as some artisan vapes. Get that baby down to around $200 and the calculus changes for me. Although a couple more pages of glowing reviews might change things as well.

Is there any way to tell what materials are in the vapor path? Is it like the Mighty's cooling unit?

Top Bottom