AirVape Legacy Pro

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This one is hybrid huh? The OG legacy was convection… interested in seeing how the Pro hits

That's not what would make it a hybrid by the way, session mode with any on demand pure convection vape, just means it's holding down the power button for you basically...

Shit Snacks,

DryBonesufo

That's not what would make it a hybrid by the way, session mode with any on demand pure convection vape, just means it's holding down the power button for you basically...
Per the description on the site for the pro. They are stating a new hybrid convection heating for the pro. I have the OG legacy and it is pure convection. I’m not talking about session being hybrid and on demand. I’m looking at the pro as the more technologically advance FW7. Since the FW is on demand HYBRID heating such as what this pro seems to be as well.

schenkadere

I've been using the Pro everyday...it's very efficient...3 min @ 395F and that bowl is cooked and I'm not coughing up a lung, so somehow the cooling is very good. My only complaint is the bowl area for filling and cleaning up...it's very messy...the weed sticks to the lid portion, the soft sealing areas get very gummy. It's a really slick design except for that aspect.

mulciber

I've been using the Pro everyday...it's very efficient...3 min @ 395F and that bowl is cooked and I'm not coughing up a lung, so somehow the cooling is very good. My only complaint is the bowl area for filling and cleaning up...it's very messy...the weed sticks to the lid portion, the soft sealing areas get very gummy. It's a really slick design except for that aspect.
I will be receiving my Pro Monday, but I own two OG Legacy's. I'm a huge fan. Let me give you a tip about the material sticking, because a lot of people get very frustrated with that. There are even some video reviews that absolutely savage the device for it. But it doesn't have to be, I assure you.

The super simple trick is to open the device only when it's hot, right after using it. I've tried and tested this over the years (as I say, I own two). There are times when I'll open the device to see what's in there, and I'll see the sticky mess that everyone hates. I close the lid, heat the device, use it (always a good idea), turn it off, then open it again. Totally clean.

Enjoy!

mulciber

Per the description on the site for the pro. They are stating a new hybrid convection heating for the pro. I have the OG legacy and it is pure convection.
To be honest, and after reading your note I went back to the site. I don't see the mention of a change from pure convection. For the record, I own 2 Legacy OG, and generally favor convection in all instances. I have a Pro arriving in a few days, so I guess I'll know more soon enough.

schenkadere

I will be receiving my Pro Monday, but I own two OG Legacy's. I'm a huge fan. Let me give you a tip about the material sticking, because a lot of people get very frustrated with that. There are even some video reviews that absolutely savage the device for it. But it doesn't have to be, I assure you.

The super simple trick is to open the device only when it's hot, right after using it. I've tried and tested this over the years (as I say, I own two). There are times when I'll open the device to see what's in there, and I'll see the sticky mess that everyone hates. I close the lid, heat the device, use it (always a good idea), turn it off, then open it again. Totally clean.

Enjoy!
Not sure what you mean. I open it and empty it immediately after using it every time. I wipe all chamber areas with a pipe cleaner. It's just a messy design. Unless there was is dosing capsule available, it will always be a mess. The Pro chamber area appears to be different than the OG. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

It's not enough to deter me from using it. It's super fast, convenient and efficient, so it's become my most frequently used device. Not my #1, but my most frequently used.

The X is a really nice device too.

mulciber

Not sure what you mean. I open it and empty it immediately after using it every time. I wipe all chamber areas with a pipe cleaner. It's just a messy design. Unless there was is dosing capsule available, it will always be a mess. The Pro chamber area appears to be different than the OG. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

It's not enough to deter me from using it. It's super fast, convenient and efficient, so it's become my most frequently used device. Not my #1, but my most frequently used.

The X is a really nice device too.

I see. Well, that's disconcerting, but I will have to wait a few days to receive my Pro before I can comment on that. Perhaps the new design is just messier than the OG. It took me a while to get my procedures down with the OG to the point where performance and clean-up were optimal. Once I have the new unit I'm sure I'll have some ideas to share. In any case, best of luck with it!

mulciber,

mulciber

I've only had my Pro for a few hours, but I can see now that you are absolutely correct about this. The new design has quite a few differences, but the biggest is that they've decided to accept a certain amount of messiness as a compromise for richer vapor production. In this they are again taking a cue from the Firefly, which sacrificed a pristine quality for better effectiveness. I'm still assessing this new model. But you were definitely right here.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
soon as I figure out how to implement.
I created a Vimeo account to add videos a while back when FC image hosting worked and now that it is 'broken' I only add videos because other image hosting sites keep changing rules, try to charge you, or just disappear...looking forward to your thoughts about the device... anyway that they are expressed!

Shit Snacks

I am still fairly inept when it comes to inserting photos or videos. Please bear with me…these items are coming as soon as I figure out how to implement.

Well in the meantime if this helps anyone, I still find it very simple to do, although it is an extra step going to another website first:
Screenshot-20220513-160228.png

So go to www.imgbb.com on your phone browser, upload photo, select full bb code from the drop-down, select to copy the text in the img brackets like I have above (except include that closing bracket lol) then paste here, post and your photo will show :tup:

floribud

Unboxing images and Legacy Comparisons

Got my Legacy yesterday.

One cool thing I wanted to point out is that Airvape changed the orientation of the strap that lifts the battery and glass airpath out. Before you had to life out the airpath to get the battery out. This was annoying since you generally change the battery more than you clean the airpath. Now you can easily take the battery out first.

Overall performance is weird. It's better then Legacy 1.0 without the screen component, but the temps are all wrong. I mean I shouldn't be able to have it at 290º and blow out tons of clouds. It doesn't char like Legacy 1.0, but I'm still trying to figure out an optimal setting. 375º was way too hot for me to start. 330º seemed to put out clouds right away as well, but then I had to take it down to 290º to be more comfortable. I keep the Legacy Pro with the screen component between 350 and 375 (and maybe 420 for a final "finish off") but this new one is going to take some getting used to. Going to try out a screen in there as well to see how that changed things.

I've only done two bowls, but a medium fine grind and little tamp since we are getting some conduction. Overall, pretty even vaporization and I was definitely "medicated as all hell", but gotta work a little more with this one to find the optimal temp.

Also the new rounded ends do feel "sexier" but it feels a little slippery. The OG feels a little more secure in my hand, definitely a little trade off there. But the new one slips in and out of a pocket a little easier, sort of like the Mighty with its rounded bottom.

Also, sorry about Imgur but I know how to do that and wasted 20 minutes with IMGBB trying to get 20 pics uploaded, in the right order, and then, IMGBB doesn't support videos and their uploader app sucks from iPhone, one image at a time.

p.s. thanks Shit Snacks, just posted the link to the gallery and I see the Imgur Gallery works well in FC still....

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Also, sorry about Imgur but I know how to do that and wasted 20 minutes with IMGBB trying to get 20 pics uploaded, but anyway IMGBB doesn't support video and their uploader app sucks from iPhone

Sorry, I've never used the app, I only go to the website in my browser, and only for like a max of five photos at a time, if it's going to be 20 photos definitely use imgur because they compress that into an album instead (should be able to show the album here not just url, if you just copy paste the link, I don't know what it's like from the app though)

mulciber

Unboxing images and Legacy Comparisons

Overall performance is weird. It's better then Legacy 1.0 without the screen component, but the temps are all wrong. I mean I shouldn't be able to have it at 290º and blow out tons of clouds. It doesn't char like Legacy 1.0, but I'm still trying to figure out an optimal setting.

I'm also brand new to it (one day) but my initial reading is that the "sweet spot" for the Pro is attained with denser, tamped packing and lower temperatures. They'll probably vary from unit to unit, but I'm finding that I can hold it at 360 and it outperforms the OG in terms of vapor richness by far. It also generally consumes material more rapidly due to the new bowl design, and that's throwing me off a bit.

floribud

sweet spot" for the Pro is attained with denser, tamped packing and lower temperatures. They'll probably vary from unit to unit, but I'm finding that I can hold it at 360 and it outperforms the OG in terms of vapor richness by far. It also generally consumes material more rapidly due to the new bowl design, and that's throwing me off a bit.

Completely agree, fine(ish) and tamping works best. Pro does can ripe through flower faster than the OG, BUT the Pro is more even then the OG. Been playing mostly with On-demand mode and it's kind similar to the Firewood 7 in the way the chamber retains warmth. If you take a ten second hit at 360. You can let go of the button and get another hit as the chamber is cooling, and not just a little wispy hit either. Definitely a device worth playing with for a while.

Top Bottom