[Aggregated] Special Sales for 710

SD_haze

There seems to be so many nice sales going on for the season, a lot of them combining july 4th with 710 :rofl:

High Priority Glass:
HPG_Sale2_Final.png

NVS Glassworks is having a sale, with heavy discounts on concentrate pieces, from 11am-8pm (in Portland). I'm not sure if they ship, if anyone wants to clarify that?
NVS carries the fritted disc bongs if you've been eyeing those like I have.

AqualabTech:
Starts 7/7/2012 12:00am - Ends 7/10/2012 11:59pm
15% off everything online & retail

That's all I've found so far, but if you find more post 'em in this thread :tup:

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
holy vapors, I've just realised it's in July (only once it's spelled out in front of me! haha). I honestly thought it was the 7th October :doh: I was even looking at NVS earlier (I'm starting to get tempted by fritted disks) and thought to myself "they're advertising that sale early". It's so obvious now, I just never twigged. I think it's time for a t-break and my wits to return.

WatTyler,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
NVS do ship, I've e-mailed them before about shipping to AUS, and they were fine with that. IIRC, they said they end up shipping stuff out every other day or so.
I might just have to contact them to see if I can get a discount on a fritter tube :tup:

Frederick McGuire,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
About 2 weeks ago, during my regular checking of ALT's new products, it finally paid off & I saw that a SG Natty Splash Down (or UP) had JUST been put up for sale. I threw the 'down grid' in my shopping basket immediately. By the time I tried to check out, I was told "this product is not in stock"(something of that nature). This was 5min after they put it up on the website. I had it in my 'basket'..there was no way I wasn't gonna purchase it. They SOLD IT TO SOMEBODY ELSE! I am sick of ALT, this experience was disturbing to me. If they are going to do this so quickly(sell a product even when someone else already has placed it in their basket to order), they should inform the customer that this is possible. No where do they state anything about this. good luck though guys, I am positive your luck will/is better than my own. I have found glass purchasing stressful as of late. Living in the southeast is not helpful, as a good LHS is almost non-existent. I need a new source that is not ALT :shrug:

GratefulVapor,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
To be fair if someone got it into their basket and paid for it before you, then they just beat you to the check out. It happens all the time on ALT with popular items.

Tea Party,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
SG is notorious for selling out on ALT within seconds/minutes.

You're lucky to have even seen one up before it got snagged...

It's hardly like they were trying to screw you over.
Think about the other guy, he had it in his basket, and finalized the transaction before you.

:shrug:

Oh, if anyone is interested, NVS has 15% off their David Goldstein pieces for their 7/10 sale

About 2 weeks ago, during my regular checking of ALT's new products, it finally paid off & I saw that a SG Natty Splash Down (or UP) had JUST been put up for sale. I threw the 'down grid' in my shopping basket immediately. By the time I tried to check out, I was told "this product is not in stock"(something of that nature). This was 5min after they put it up on the website. I had it in my 'basket'..there was no way I wasn't gonna purchase it. They SOLD IT TO SOMEBODY ELSE! I am sick of ALT, this experience was disturbing to me. If they are going to do this so quickly(sell a product even when someone else already has placed it in their basket to order), they should inform the customer that this is possible. No where do they state anything about this. good luck though guys, I am positive your luck will/is better than my own. I have found glass purchasing stressful as of late. Living in the southeast is not helpful, as a good LHS is almost non-existent. I need a new source that is not ALT :shrug:

Man, that happened to me last December when ALT got new Sovereignty stock in. I live in the southeast too so I know how hard it is to find quality glass (closest to me is in ATL/Knoxville). After that happened I did the live chat with someone at ALT whenever someone was on there and asked them when more would be in. They couldn't give me an exact day but told me what week so I just camped out on the SG page on my phone and laptop during that week. I refreshed the page one day while at work and they popped up and I was really lucky to snag an upgrid Natty King Stemline. ALT does some shady shit and I know it's frustrating but when you finally get one, it's fuckin amazing...

Since when did having a highly in demand product become shady?

Here we go...thanks for taking that one little part out of context and chiming in like always dude. I was just talking about how they allow online customers to add items to their Shopping Cart and let people in the store (or whoever else, maybe even store employees?) have a chance to get them at the same time. If you're going to offer something online and someone adds it to their cart, it should be theirs if they can pay for it. You know, because if you can add something to a shopping cart online it should be yours since it was in stock and you were able to add that item to the cart. I'm not telling them how to run their business but it sucks for people who don't live in CA (regardless of what you think, their are people outside there that vape and like quality glass). I'm not gonna take this conversation any further because I got my SG from ALT and had no problems with my transaction. I also didn't bash them like you made it seem with that out of context quote.

nugghuffer,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
As far as I know ALT does not have a brick and mortar storefront. If you could make something go out of stock by putting it in a cart think about the havoc that could cause of people in a sense dibsing an item and then not paying for it.

Tea Party,

SD_haze

As far as I know ALT does not have a brick and mortar storefront. If you could make something go out of stock by putting it in a cart think about the havoc that could cause of people in a sense dibsing an item and then not paying for it.
They have a brick & mortar location in Riverside.

I also don't think it would be really possible for them to put an item out of stock just because someone clicked checkout or added to cart, but hasn't actually finalized it. Certainly there's a high % of people who add to cart/checkout but never actually go through with it, and that would be real weird having a piece going in stock/out of stock back and forth.

Some people could even start selling aqualab accounts that they've successfully added a high-demand sov piece to their cart, putting it on reserve :\

SD_haze,

I live in TN and know they have a brick and mortar storefront. I wasn't intending to call everything they do shady and I understand it's all about how fast you complete the checkout once you put something in your cart on there. I got lucky and was very satisfied with ALT and how they shipped my SG. I was just trying to sympathize with GratefulVapor since I've been in his shoes before.

They have a brick & mortar location in Riverside.

I also don't think it would be really possible for them to put an item out of stock just because someone clicked checkout or added to cart, but hasn't actually finalized it. Certainly there's a high % of people who add to cart/checkout but never actually go through with it, and that would be real weird having a piece going in stock/out of stock back and forth.

Some people could even start selling aqualab accounts that they've successfully added a high-demand sov piece to their cart, putting it on reserve :\

I agree and know what you mean. But what did you mean about selling ALT accounts and reserving pieces? I just didn't understand what you were trying to say; so since I bought an SG on there I can get first dibs on new inventory or did you mean it's just faster since I'm registered and they have all my info?

nugghuffer,

SD_haze

I agree and know what you mean. But what did you mean about selling ALT accounts and reserving pieces? I just didn't understand what you were trying to say; so since I bought an SG on there I can get first dibs on new inventory or did you mean it's just faster since I'm registered and they have all my info?
I just meant that one could add a high-demand piece to their cart they have no intention on buying just to take it off the website, and then passing the account with the reserved piece to someone willing to pay an extra premium.

:ko:

I just meant that one could add a high-demand piece to their cart they have no intention on buying just to take it off the website, and then passing the account with the reserved piece to someone willing to pay an extra premium.

:ko:

Gotcha man. Yeah that would suck. The only other piece(s) I can see myself buying from them in the future is an SG Peyote Pillar or a Mobius Matrix Ion bub, so I'm not really worried about it. :D

nugghuffer,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It surely wouldn't be that hard to implement a 10 min time out on an item in the basket to give you a chance to checkout and allow for any hiccups. The customer might replace it once or twice if they're browsing the whole store, but it won't be 'off the shelf' for any serious amount of time if they don't complete. I guess ALT just don't want to do this and have no incentive- they sell the piece either way, and don't risk any lost sale. Also the current way probably stimulates one or two panic buys, and perhaps even a few of their ridiculous restocking fees from those later thinking better of it. :2c:

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I'm very sorry to have sparked up an argument, this was not my intention. However, I do appreciate all the input! Makes me feel better that some of yall can understand why this is frustrating. WatTyler, very well said! They could easily implement a 10 min timeout(or less). Many retailers do just that, because the customer is likely browsing the store for more than a single item. Ticketmaster is a good example of a retailer that implements such a system for sales.

I was naive, & believed ALT would give me a good 180 seconds to finish my purchase. Didn't think that I was asking too much, considering I had been refreshing their page 200+ times each day for about 3 weeks(I was determined to get it, after a similar failed attempt). I was wrong. :doh:
Sorry for my impatience. I appreciate the help..as always! :nod:

GratefulVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Heck, I've given yup ever owning a Mobius, because of ALT.

Actually no, there's a KHAN in the San Fernando Valley that carries them.

BigDaddyVapor,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Would you care to sell it FredMc? :dog:With a 710 discount, of course.
(dibs, I got it in the 'basket' :uhoh:)

GratefulVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Would you care to sell it FredMc? :dog:With a 710 discount, of course.
(dibs, I got it in the 'basket' :uhoh:)
Not trying to advertise, but check the classifieds ;)

I'm seriously considering picking up a 14" 24mm DG fritter from NVS...
$320 - 15% makes it $272 + shipping.
That's a pretty good deal.

Frederick McGuire,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Heck, I've given yup ever owning a Mobius, because of ALT.

Actually no, there's a KHAN in the San Fernando Valley that carries them.

How the @#$% did my phone turn LHS into KHAN?

Whatever...

Captain Ed's has been around forever, haven't been there in years... but the word is, if you're shopping for HQ, its the place in the Valley (and there's a boatload of them in the Valley). Though, I notice from the one picture of glass, they carry HiSi. I'm really intrigued by their stuff. Would like to know more and how the drag is on them.

Or... maybe I'll just drive down to Venice (though, while there's deals to be had in Venice, I would think something like glass, to be overpriced in Venice. Maybe I'm wrong. According to random comment by random employee... its the place to go)

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I'm about to pull the trigger in a 14" 24mm DG fritter tube from NVS for $320-15%=$272
Anyone know if there's anywhere else I can get it for cheaper?
TIA :)

Top Bottom