• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advice needed - next vape(s)

JollyGreenGiant

@stonedmallone - The Dynavap Omni with Orion V2 showed up today. Extremely compelling solution. This and the mighty need a lot more play time, but I’m really surprised at the Dynavap - it has some of the deepest/strongest extractions I’ve experienced and I can easily time it so it clears the full bowl in one hit, with DARK vaped material. Clean up is simple (just blow into it to pop the material clean out).

For list price ($420 for the Omni + Orion V2) I’m not sure I’d buy it over the TB or TM, but at $220 right now for the pair - it’s an incredible value. The travel case for the IH with the internal pocket, the smell proof material stash jar, the slot to store Dynavaps + accessories and the alleged ~60 or so heating cycles you get from the IH with each charge makes this a pretty compelling combo. It’s dead simple, and quite fun to use - and the flavor is very clean. More trial and error needed, but so far - another winner.

SquirrelMaster

I don’t know what all the hype is about. I’ve gone to town on the Herborizer Ti with a myriad of settings - and the flavor is better than a Volcano, but certainly not as good as a TB or TM. I’d be curious to hear from folks who own a Herbo Ti and a TB or TM and see if they disagree.
DigiTi > Tinymight > Bowle for flavour imo.

There's something about the flavour of the Bowle that takes away from the vapor tasting "pure" to me. I don't know what it is, and it's really subtle but, I'm guessing it's either the heating element (which I don't believe Taffe has ever revealed the make-up of) or the aluminum stem. The only other device I have with aluminum in the air/vapor path is my Mighty but the partial conduction heating could be a factor in why it doesn't taste as good.

The Tinymight tastes great when I start low. That's a common element among devices when looking for flavour but, the Tinymight delivers such large amounts of vapor in the low temps that it really blasts your taste buds.

The DigiTi tastes "softer" or more "pure" to me than the other 2. I attribute that to less metal and more glass. With the large bowl I like to pack it decently so even if it's not extracting as quickly there is a lot being extracted in each hit.

I'd be curious what you think of a Flowerpot and if maybe it's the titanium that is impacting the flavour of the Ti for you. Or you may just not mind stainless steel, in which case that's why you prefer the Tinymight and Bowle.

JollyGreenGiant

DigiTi > Tinymight > Bowle for flavour imo.

There's something about the flavour of the Bowle that takes away from the vapor tasting "pure" to me. I don't know what it is, and it's really subtle but, I'm guessing it's either the heating element (which I don't believe Taffe has ever revealed the make-up of) or the aluminum stem. The only other device I have with aluminum in the air/vapor path is my Mighty but the partial conduction heating could be a factor in why it doesn't taste as good.

The Tinymight tastes great when I start low. That's a common element among devices when looking for flavour but, the Tinymight delivers such large amounts of vapor in the low temps that it really blasts your taste buds.

The DigiTi tastes "softer" or more "pure" to me than the other 2. I attribute that to less metal and more glass. With the large bowl I like to pack it decently so even if it's not extracting as quickly there is a lot being extracted in each hit.

I'd be curious what you think of a Flowerpot and if maybe it's the titanium that is impacting the flavour of the Ti for you. Or you may just not mind stainless steel, in which case that's why you prefer the Tinymight and Bowle.

I'll probably buy a B2 baller premium kit during the 420 sale. I'll let you know if I do...

SquirrelMaster

I'll probably buy a B2 baller premium kit during the 420 sale. I'll let you know if I do...
If you want to twax it's pretty awesome. I can't remember if I mentioned this but if you're only planning on using it for flower I'd recommend the B-1. The airflow is more open so it milks a bit faster and it's cheaper. I started with the VROD, which I choose over the Weedeater because of the extra mass. I rarely used concentrates before I bought it but having a device that could do both gave me a nudge into the concentrate world. Then I upgraded my VROD to the B-2 and also grabbed the B-1 for fun. I picked up a DabPress at the beginning of the year and now I'm going to order a T-Bucket on the 420 sale because I'm enjoying rosin so much. I doubt I'll get rid of my B-2 though, it fills a niche that none of my other devices (unless I pair up) can fill.

checkyourlibido

If you want to twax it's pretty awesome. I can't remember if I mentioned this but if you're only planning on using it for flower I'd recommend the B-1. The airflow is more open so it milks a bit faster and it's cheaper. I started with the VROD, which I choose over the Weedeater because of the extra mass. I rarely used concentrates before I bought it but having a device that could do both gave me a nudge into the concentrate world. Then I upgraded my VROD to the B-2 and also grabbed the B-1 for fun. I picked up a DabPress at the beginning of the year and now I'm going to order a T-Bucket on the 420 sale because I'm enjoying rosin so much. I doubt I'll get rid of my B-2 though, it fills a niche that none of my other devices (unless I pair up) can fill.
I only use flower, so after much deliberation, I decided to go with the B1. The airflow is amazing. It exceeds my throat and lungs abilities by far, I can just keep hitting over and over if I want.

I have the 4mm rubies, because it was $10 cheaper. I will likely get 3mm rubies as well at some point, but I can't imagine the experience getting any better.

JollyGreenGiant

Good advice. I don't use concentrates much, but I keep a few varieties in the freezer/refrigerator, and since I can't see using a big unit like the FP more than a few times a year - I figure i'd go all out. Seems like matching some 710 labs flower with their concentrate of the same strain would be quite fun.

As i've broadened my horizons, i'm continually surprised at the products I was initially interested in, and what seemed to be the "popular choice" from reviewers online, end up being far inferior to most of the popular, but more obscure products heavily favored on these forums. It's a stark reminder of the internet of yore... if you wanted REALLY good, high quality information for the most well read enthusiasts - you'd go to topic specific forums. Reddit was a mere afterthought, and "bloggers" and "influencers" were largely seen as loudmouth shills no one listened to. Oh how the world has changed.... in any event - I really appreciate your (and everyone elses) advice. I'm already four products deep from recommendations on this forum and three of the four have been home runs - with one being better than the next.

Fast forward to today - l can't believe how slick that Dynavap Omni/Orion combo is. I never would have considered that product, but after reading threads like "top three vapes" and seeing SO many people gushing over the Dynavaps and putting it in their top three, next to some of the most reputed/loved vapes on this forum - I knew there was something to it. I'm glad I didn't sleep on that free Orion V2 deal - it seemed like an uncommonly good deal, so I jumped - and I noticed they're no longer offering it, so i'm assuing it's a rare or one time offer. In any event - fullest extracts of any of my vapes, heats up about as fast as the Tafee Bowle - but has even better flavor... in fact - the best flavor i've ever experienced. The first hit from the Orion IH is a blast of pure, clean, natural plant flavor, almost as if the plant juice was squeezed on your tongue. It was disarming at first. I also like that you can tune it for what you want. You can pull it from the IH right when it clicks and get tons of flavor, or let it sit in the IH for a good few seconds and clear everything in one quik heat cycle - fast and efficient in that manner. Loading and unloading is easier than any of my other vapes - suck up material like a straw, or push it into your ground material and it loads in two seconds with no mess. Once used, a quick puff out into a jar or bag and it's ready for round 2.

Really looking forward to getting to spend more time with the toys.

stonedmallone

To switch from vrod to b1, all you had to do is buy that b1 head assembly correct?

stonedmallone,

Sneech

Hey @JollyGreenGiant , I'm pretty surprised about your take of the Dynavap! I heard SO much positive talk about them on this forum and over on reddit that I ended up getting a VapCap M 2019 and M 2020 a few years back. Both were pretty terrible IMO. I spent about 1 month using both of them every singe day, trying to get performance anywhere close to my Lotus with no avail. Tried putting the bowl screen at different heights, tried a single, dual, and triple head torch, watched countless videos on proper heat up technique. I tried everything. My herb would either stay very green, or combust right away every time I used either M. Also my caps would never stay on. The clicks where there when I would heat, but if I tilted the M even slightly below horizontal while trying to take a hit the cap would slide forward and sometimes off, occasionally even burning my leg or the floor since its very hot after torching. For such a simple device the learning curve and minuscule window to get optimal hits without under / over vaping put these on the shelf permanently for me and I haven't looked back since.

Have you used an M before getting the Omni? Are the more expensive Dynavaps actually that much better than the entry level ones to warrant such a difference in performance?

The other issue I had with my Ms was the airflow. Both were absolutely terrible. Even with them empty and completely clean, holding the carb and sucking in would make my ears pop every time. Load a bowl in there and forget it, like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.. I'd need to suck with my mouth using pressure rather than breathing in with my lungs, which I hate doing.

Still waiting on my TinyMight to arrive, should be in Monday! This will be my first non butane portable vape in a very long time.

JollyGreenGiant

Hey @JollyGreenGiant , I'm pretty surprised about your take of the Dynavap! I heard SO much positive talk about them on this forum and over on reddit that I ended up getting a VapCap M 2019 and M 2020 a few years back. Both were pretty terrible IMO. I spent about 1 month using both of them every singe day, trying to get performance anywhere close to my Lotus with no avail. Tried putting the bowl screen at different heights, tried a single, dual, and triple head torch, watched countless videos on proper heat up technique. I tried everything. My herb would either stay very green, or combust right away every time I used either M. Also my caps would never stay on. The clicks where there when I would heat, but if I tilted the M even slightly below horizontal while trying to take a hit the cap would slide forward and sometimes off, occasionally even burning my leg or the floor since its very hot after torching. For such a simple device the learning curve and minuscule window to get optimal hits without under / over vaping put these on the shelf permanently for me and I haven't looked back since.

Have you used an M before getting the Omni? Are the more expensive Dynavaps actually that much better than the entry level ones to warrant such a difference in performance?

The other issue I had with my Ms was the airflow. Both were absolutely terrible. Even with them empty and completely clean, holding the carb and sucking in would make my ears pop every time. Load a bowl in there and forget it, like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.. I'd need to suck with my mouth using pressure rather than breathing in with my lungs, which I hate doing.

Still waiting on my TinyMight to arrive, should be in Monday! This will be my first non butane portable vape in a very long time.

Sneech - I have not used the “M” - only the Omni, which has adjustable airflow. Most of the problems you’re referencing (save for airflow which the Omni solves) seem due to the butane torch. I’ve not used, nor will ever use my Omni with a butane torch. I’m using the Orion V2 battery powered portable induction heater, which came free ($200 value) with the purchase of a Dynavap Omni in a promo Dynavap ran a few days ago.

The Orion V2 induction heater provides very fast (just a few seconds) and even heat ups, with LOUD discernible ”pops” from the cap when temp is hit. I have kept it in the induction heater for several seconds after the pop, to get more through extractions, and while I have seen some VERY dark vaped material, I have not combusted or seen black material, and it seems relatively easy not to combust with the Orion V2 IH.

You’ll love the TinyMight - its a great device, however both my TinyMight and Omni/Orion arrived this week, so I don’t have much “seat time” with either - but so far I like the Omni/Orion combo the most. In fact, much to my shock and awe - I think the Omni/Orion combo is my favorite vaporizer right now, and will likely get the most usage out of my lineup, with the Tafee Bowle coming in second. The flavor from the Omni/Orion combo when you pull from the IH right at the click is the most unique and brightest I’ve experienced - and I haven’t yet tried the low temp flavor cap, or the perforated cap which allegedly are even better. It’s the quickest and easiest vaporizer I own to load and unload (even faster than a S&B capsule when you factor in capsule creation time) and the vapor is surprisingly cool… to my lungs it feels at least as easy as the Tafee Bowle, perhaps even cooler - but I’ll need to do a side by side. If battery life on the induction heater is as good as it claims to be - I’d only have to charge it once every week and a half to two weeks, even if used 4X a day.

Bottom line - I think your issues revolves around your heating method(s) - and would most likely be resolved in their entirety with an induction heater. The Orion V2 I’m using works fine for me, but from what I read on these forums - there are better options available out there, although I don’t think they come in a nice case that has an area to store an included airtight herb stash jar for ground herb, and room to hold your Dynavap pen and accessories. That said, I’m sure there are other options out there. I wouldn’t have bought the Omni/Orion if it weren’t for the compelling sale, but now that I have it and love it - I’ll definitely wait to see what they release in April and pick up a 2022 M (or Omni depending on the changes). If you see them offer the Omni/Orion combo again for effectively $200 off, I’d suggest you jump on it, as based on your comments above - I think that combo will address all of your gripes on your prior Dynavap experience.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

To switch from vrod to b1, all you had to do is buy that b1 head assembly correct?
To convert you need a screen diffuser (3408) which replaces the bottom half, B2 Nut (3407) which keeps the balls in the head, and some rubies. I prefer 4mm in my B-2 as the 3mm restricted airflow too much and was giving me some funny hot spotting but, I'd recommend both sizes to try anyways.

@checkyourlibido
I've only tried the 3mm in my B-1 and they're fantastic. 4mm should open the airflow even more so I'll probably try it at some point.

@Sneech
I started with an 18 M, then Omni then a bunch of aftermarket stems. I haven't used any of my Dynavap gear in a while mostly because it became a choir to constantly load, heat and dump. I won't buy another Dynavap product, the new stuff is minimally different than previous offerings and doesn't interest me. To each their own. The Anvil is a Dyna killer from what I've read (the entire thread), and that's the one I'll be watching.

Carrera3.0

My Dynavap Omni + Orion 2 Set. Neat looking setup...

All that for $220, that looks like a deal considering how much you like it!

Although I'm still going with the TM as soon as the "German Electronic Board" drops.

I'm assuming the upgrade was in some part do to the flooding of "ChinaMights" and I'd guess Ville has put some sort of deal together with said German manufacturer to include some sort of "hologram" or other "proprietary identifying markings" to easily distinguish the "real" TinyMight from the imposter.

PS
I want to personally thank you, I have enjoyed reading your summations on the variety of vaporizers you have auditioned in the past few weeks and look forward to reading your thoughts on the Collyland Vapbong!

Last edited:

JollyGreenGiant

Although I'm still going with the TM as soon as the "German Electronic Board" drops.

I'm assuming the upgrade was in some part do to the flooding of "ChinaMights" and I'd guess Ville has put some sort of deal with said German manufacturer to include some sort of "hologram" or other "proprietary identifying markings"
to easily distinguish the "real" TinyMight from the imposter.

PS
I want to personally thank you, I have enjoyed reading your summations on the variety of vaporizers you have auditioned in the past few weeks and look forward to reading your thoughts on the Collyland Vapbong!

Frankly - I don't think going with a TM is a bad idea. At retail value ($420) - I don't think the Omni/Orion is worth $170 more than the TM, or $50 more than a Tafee Bowle, and the TM certainly hits harder than the other two combined. For $220, the Omni/Orion setup is very slick, and is a nice functional piece of kit. Will it knock the Tafee Bowle out of my #1 slot? Time will tell. It's starting to get a little dirty, and it hasn't seen much use yet - whereas the TB is a workhorse and even my meager efforts to clean it are more excessive than what's suggested, so it appears to be lower maintenance. I've switched to the Omni as my primary to live with it for a week or two a at a minimum to give it a good shake. I probably won't do this with the TM though... hit's too hard for my use case and requires a lot more fiddling.

Glad you've enjoyed reading the summations, I'll keep them up! The Collyland should be interesting. I'll pick up a Cannabis Hardware setup during the 420 sale, and unless the Minivap captures my interest after I see some responses to questions I posted - I should be set. So far my personal preference would be Tafee Bowle as a primary, Volcano Hybrid for a desktop and the Omni + Orion v2 as a backup or secondary device if I was to take one traveling, camping, etc. If I wanted one device to cover all three use cases though - the only one that could do it, is the TinyMight. It's interesting that the TinyMight is also the least expensive device on my list and by a considerable margin. Really good device, and I don't think you'll regret it. It certainly has its flaws, and doesn't appeal to me personally, but I recognize its stellar value proposition and compelling performance.

Sneech

I'm assuming the upgrade was in some part do to the flooding of "ChinaMights" and I'd guess Ville has put some sort of deal together with said German manufacturer to include some sort of "hologram" or other "proprietary identifying markings" to easily distinguish the "real" TinyMight from the imposter.

PS
What is this about a "German Electronic Board"? Is there going to be a new version of the TinyMight releasing soon? I just ordered one a week and a half ago and it's out for delivery today as we speak. Wondering if I should have waited for the German board now...

Do you have any more info about the differences between units and how I can check mine to see which version I received?

Thanks

JollyGreenGiant

What is this about a "German Electronic Board"? Is there going to be a new version of the TinyMight releasing soon? I just ordered one a week and a half ago and it's out for delivery today as we speak. Wondering if I should have waited for the German board now...

Do you have any more info about the differences between units and how I can check mine to see which version I received?

Thanks

It is my understanding no one (so far) knows the exact story on the new board, but it may be primarily to reduce/eliminate copy cats, versus some form of compelling improvement. Only time will tell.

If I had one wish on the TM though, it would be faster heat up time. The Tafee Bowle has completely spoiled me, and while the TM is quite fast, it’s 4X+ slower than the TB, and even though it’s only a few seconds, it’s enough time that you notice it, especially since its a more involved product to use, load and arrange (especially with a J-Hook). The TB is so fast, that you can decide you want a impromptu little hit after a sip from the cup, and by the time you swallow and move your mouth to the vaporizer stem to take a hit, you’re at temp. You literally never think about or consider heat up times. With the TM, you have to consciously load and arrange the vape to get ready for a draw, and generally use both hands awkwardly, while waiting what feels like quite some time for it to heat up. I just timed my TM and at setting 6, it takes a full 12 seconds to get up to temp. If you’re not at high temps, it means a number of hits waiting for the heat cycle each time (although it’s marginally shorter in subsequent heat cycles).

I still maintain - if I could only have ONE vaporizer, the TM would be the defacto selection, due to it’s size/portability and the fact that it has true desktop power/results. For a daily use ”portable” though - so far for me the Tafee Bowle is a far superior product. The flavor (to me) on the TB is 90% as good as the TM with a J hook, but the vapor on the TB is cooler and easier on the throat/lungs, the TB creates FAR less odor when vaping, it’s heat up time is dramatically faster, it’s MUCH faster to load, unload and clean than the TM, it has a cleaner design and doesn’t require/need a bunch of accessories and do dads to get optimal results - and the upgraded metal potter and the fact that there’s an integrated cup just spikes the football for me.

The TM is still somewhat new, so my opinion may change/develop in the coming weeks/months.

checkyourlibido

Thanks
It might be better, worse, or the similar. Being an early adopter is something I usually avoid. I am curious and hopeful that it will be at least equal to the current.

The main goal, might or might not be to stop fakes, but a whole new board might be a different experience.

JollyGreenGiant

Update:
At this point, it is safe to say the only vaporizer I own that's really getting used is the Tafee Bowle. The TinyMight was a fun experiment, and I used it exclusively the last week or so, and I can safely say I'll never use it again, unless I'm doing so as a comparison to some "new" vape. While it has been fun experimenting with all of the vaporizers I've acquired, I think my VAS is cured and I'm done.... until Tafee Bowle comes out with a V2.

The 10 reasons TB is my #1:
1. Coolest/smoothest vapor without water
2. Exceptional flavor
3. Incredibly minimal maintenance/cleaning required (and when you do, it's simple and quick)
4. Fastest heat up - by far
5. Simple to use and doesn't need to be turned on/off
6. Fastest to load up (with the metal potter and 4 ceramic pots, you can prep 4 bowls in seconds, and go through them in rapid succession)
7. Stealth looking, you can leave it out 24/7
8. Integrated cup - makes it a 2 in 1 device, and a sip of beverage before/after each inhalation makes a stark difference and increases the enjoyment factor
9. Great fit and finish, save for the plastic cup. The actual vaporizer/device is very well made, looks/feels high quality and the feel of the stem being inserted/removed, the buttons pushed, etc - is far better than it's competitors (Mighty+, TinyMight, etc)
10. Most natural to use - the overall experience is so well integrated, you'll barely notice yourself transitioning from taking a sip, to vaping when the need arises. It doesn't feel like an event, or you're "preparing a ritual" like other vaporizers.

My Mini VapBong is likely lost in the mail and well... I don't think I care. Sure, I'd like to get the product or my $ back, but i'm almost hoping it's the latter. If the Vapbong does actually show up - I'm not even sure I'll plug it in and use it. The TB does everything that's asked of it and then some, and it leaves little to be desired. Loading the bowls just right with the right grind, will deliver huge hits, and if you really want a wallop - just charge up the TB - keep it plugged in, and rage through 2-4 bowls in rapid succession, and it'll hit as hard as any of the big boys, and in less time than it would take to just set them up and wait for them to get to temp. I understand some folks want to take 1-2 monster rips and be done, but the TB will get you to the same place in 4-6, which given the instant heat up times, just isn't a big deal.

Frankly - it is my opinion the extra space, effort and time required for a "heavy hitter" have a diminishing marginal utility if you have a TB.

Your mileage may vary, but so far as I'm concerned, my journey into exploring the wild world of vaporizers is over... at least for now.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@JollyGreenGiant – I wouldn't make too many pre assumptions about the VapBong, believe me, it's a very unique kind of beast. :-) Nice to see you apparently found the perfect device for your needs, the Bowle is high end for sure. The limited cell life would make me anxious, I definitely recommend keeping a TM or your Dynavap set up at hand in case your puck will die.

The clicks where there when I would heat, but if I tilted the M even slightly below horizontal while trying to take a hit the cap would slide forward and sometimes off, occasionally even burning my leg or the floor since its very hot after torching. For such a simple device the learning curve and minuscule window to get optimal hits without under / over vaping put these on the shelf permanently for me and I haven't looked back since.

I know this is a very late reply, but just for the record: the Dynavaps rely on a snugly fitting cap, otherwise the heat transfer from the cap to the tip will not work. In case you want to try again, squeeze the cap until it won't fall off, that should give you much better results. → https://www.dynavap.com/about/dynablog/why-doesnt-my-cap-fit/

Top Bottom