Advice needed - next vape(s)

JollyGreenGiant

Hi folks - I’d love some advice! It's a long post (I know you need all the deets to make solid recommendations) but the tl;dr is should I buy a FP B2 Bundle VS Vapbong and should I buy a Tafée Bowle to replace my Mighty+ today, or wait for a V2 Tafée Bowle whenever that comes out?

After doing copious amount of research on this forum, I’ve narrowed my desktop solution down to two options - 1. A Vapbong Mini (only because I like the Mini art options available right now) 2. A FlowerPot B2 Premium Bundle with the upgraded controller, GRAV glass rig and Sapphire dab dish. I know I’ll probably hear “just get both!” - but before you say that, just remember a few things from above. 1 - I already will have a backup Volcano Hybrid not being used, as well as a Mighty+. I don’t want/need more unused equipment. 2 - I am 99% a medical user, when my pain issues get resolved from my shoulder injury, I’ll likely go back to using cannabis just once in a blue moon. Long-term, any desktop rig/setup I buy will AT MOST get used perhaps a few times a month, but very well might only be used a few times a year, or even have a few years of zero action. The Tafée Bowle (whenever I acquire one) long term will be used more often for recreational purposes, whatever desktop setup I buy will be for pure luxury/excess 3. This will be an end game desktop for me based on the aforementioned. As long as the flavor and affect of a single hit is close to the performance of bong with a lighter, that’s good enough for me.

What I like about each:

Vapbong: I dig the all in one design. I might be able to keep it out on my desk at my home office all the time (depending on how it smells) and the ability to just plug it in, pour some water down the throat, grind a little herb and off to the races is appealing. I also like how easy it looks to use, seems difficult to burn/injure yourself, the hits seem to rip based on the videos I’ve seen, and cleaning seems like it’s a breeze. For a heavy smoker/stoner - this setup appears to be the optimal choice based on ease, all in one design and performance.

Flowerpot B2 Premo Bundle: Based on the videos I’ve watched, it seems like this setup hits much harder, it has more tech (ruby ball head, precise temp control, etc) and it can take monster dabs for a combined flower/dab hit that is about as hard as the current meta will allow. I dig the “kit” aspect, in that I don’t need to think about assembling some super system, or storage, it all fits into a custom, tidy air/smell sealed case and I can easily give it a deep clean and toss it into hibernation for weeks, months, or years without worrying about losing parts, breaking the glass piece, etc. I also like that it’s modular, if a part/piece is lost/broken, it is easy to get a replacement, and with a large supporting community and a modular design - I’m sure it’ll have better long term support. I also like that it’s far more customizable and you can set exact temps vs the lame voltage setup on the Vapbong.

What I dislike about each:

Vapbong: No matter the design, they all look like a cock with balls (with one large mutant cancerous one) to me. There’s one that I could toss a fake plastic orchid flower into when not used, and it would look like a vase which I could keep out (assuming no smell) but overall, the design doesn’t appeal to me, and keeping it out/visible seems to be the best option for a device like this, versus hiding it away somewhere, where it’s more apt to be damaged or lose the detachable testicle. I also worry that there could be a chance I’ll have a little FOMO with this one, and somehow think I’m missing out without having something more “extreme” like the flowerpot which would give you a hell of a lot more options/flexibility. I also worry that somewhere down the line if I ran into an issue with the Vapbong, it’s likely a throw away, as who knows how long these folks will be around, and since each one is uniquely handmade, if you lose/break the testicle or the ceramic bong itself, you’re boned. I also hear the flavor(s) are a bit muted/muddy from the vapbong.

Flowerpot B2 Premium Bundle: This feels like wild overkill for my use - pulling the case out, setting everything up, enjoying it, then putting it all back into the case for a slumber is a fair amount of effort, and I’m not sure how often I’ll really use the dab function/capability, and if I really do need a setup that hits this hard - as the Vapbong seems to rip like a monster, and that might be overkill for me as is. Given whatever desktop I get is more of a “special occasion” setup - I suppose the hassle of the setup, etc isn’t such a big deal, but my wife isn’t a cannabis user, and while she’s supportive, pulling out a flowerpot B2 kit looks like a serious druggie setup, where as the vapbong is low key, and again I just can’t help thinking a $1,200 rig is wild overkill for my needs.

So here are my questions:
  1. Between the Vapbong and the FP - is there a big difference in flavor - if they’re both set to generally the same “temp”?
  2. Does the Flowerpot (using all flower, as adding a dab into the mix would be an unfair comparo) hit a lot harder than the Vapbong?
  3. If you have experienced both, and assuming price is no object, which one do you feel, based on your actual hands on experience (if you’ve tried both) do you think is a better fit for me?
  4. How difficult is the Flowerpot to clean?
  5. Which does a better job creating a “true bong” experience, and is one materially better than the other as an overall package - when cleaning, ease of use, setup time, etc are all taken into account.
  6. Should I buy the Tafée Bowle today, or wait for a V2 since I have a Mighty+ I can accessorize and make do with for now?
$ isn’t a concern in the above, but I would really like a “one and done” approach to the next desktop unit I buy. With how little I’ll use a desktop unit and for the purpose I’d use it for - I really want to do it once and do it right, to gather dust next to my dormant volcano, until special occasions arise. Having two bigger desktop units for me is ridiculous overkill, but three would be a joke, so I don’t want the Vapbong and the FP. If I could do it all over again, I’d get the Vapbong, FP bundle and the Tafée Bowle and be set, but the Mighty+ and Volcano Hybrid derail really hosed me, and now that I have the Volcano, I’m committed to my mistake, and am not interested in ditching it, as dumb as it may sound. With all that said though - I also don’t need to go wildly overboard and buy a setup that’s really designed for a hardcore enthusiast that I might not spend enough time with to fully master. I am a bit of a gear geek, but my closets are already filled with “overkill” products that are rarely used (IE: a professional knife sharpening kit for exotic blade steels that’s considerably more expensive than the FP B2 Bundle) - and I’d hate to repeat the cycle…. But that said - when I sharpen my knives, I get the best possible results and I never regret having it when I do need it.

Thoughts?

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: fangorn

JollyGreenGiant

Here's a little more background on some of my current devices:

I've reached a point in life where I'd rather do it once and do it right, than build a vast collection and geek out, so I decided (for no real compelling reason) I would buy an e-dab rig, despite having no experience with Dabbing, merely because the rumors were it was some amazing experience. I loaded up on a bunch of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Rosin from 710 Labs and bought a Puffco Peak Pro Indiglow based on reviews/internet saying it's so amazing, and the local head shops I went into to check them out, saying they were the greatest things since sliced bread - and the shop owners were not only diehard fans, but were actively using them whilst I was there. I'm just not wild about the overall experience though for frequent use, it's kind of a pain. I hate waiting for the concentrates to get to room temp before opening the jars, trying to scoop the concentrate out of the jars with the heated ceramic knife, etc - the whole thing feels like such a production. For a "once in a blue moon" event, I can see defrosting concentrates and giving them a whack, and the terp flavors are very, very good - but for regular use (more than once every few weeks) - it's a non-starter for me.

I did HOURS of research, read all the "best dry herb vaporizer" articles, watched hours of youtube videos etc, and then jumped in headfirst and bought two vaporizers the Mighty+ and Volcano Hybrid Onyx, to try to fill the gaps the Peak Pro left - but both of which are not for me. I had purposely avoided this forum/site, thinking it would get me down a rabbit hole on more complex and geeked out vapes, and well - I was wrong - so here I am hat in hand, saying help a brother out. I did spend more than 12 hours reading up on these forums, using the search feature (I know the drill) etc before penning this so as to not waste your time and ask already answered questions.

I want a small battery powered unit for home use I can use for medical purposes that would be quick to get in action, and offer sufficient control such that I don't blast off into outer space if I need just a "Tylenol" level of pain relief and then I want a desktop unit that would really "take me to the moon" if needed, that wouldn't be used much and was more for recreation than medical purposes. Here's the highs, and the sighs from my perspective to give you a better idea of why they’re not optimal for me.

Mighty+ High's

1. No app, no b/s, no fluff - 3 simple buttons, a simple, clear display that is stupidly easy to use.
2. Capsules! This is huge for me - having that reloading tray setup and being able to make 40 capsules (which will last me a LONG time) which I can seal up in airtight jars with Boveda packs, means I spend 5-10 min once, and then I'm good for a very long time and can quickly and easily have a quick session and tap out a little capsule from start to finish (including heat up time) in sub 5 min. The capsules are inexpensive enough that I bought a ton of them, and just throw them out after one use and I don't reclaim the vaped product. Quick, easy, mess free.
3. Battery life vastly exceeds any use I'd throw at it within a 24 hour period and the speed charger for my iphone recharges this thing incredibly fast.
4. Ergonomics/design is solid.
5. Seems to squeeze everything out of the flower - there isn't much left after the 410 degree finishing hit(s).
6. Modular system. You can be ultra-lazy and buy yourself out of work/maintenance. Instead of maintaining the cooling head unit for instance - you can just use it, gunk it up, throw it out and pop a new one on top. That coupled with the capsules makes it awfully simple.
7. Turbo mode or whatever (the double and triple clicks of the power button) make final extraction a breeze.

Mighty+ Sighs

1. Flavor. If you don't keep the cooling unit VERY clean (IE: clean it after every 2-3 capsules) I notice an enormous difference in taste. I have quickly re-discovered with the Peak Pro - I really like the terp taste, and with a clean Mighty+ at low temp (330-350) I can get a decent, tasty few hits before it goes south, and then you have to punch through quite a few popcorn hits to get full extraction. For PURE med purposes, especially for folks who don't care about the terp taste - this is fine, and I'll probably still use it for inexpensive "glasshouse farms" med product, but for high end $60+ 1/8th product, this thing sucks.
2. Dry ass vapor. I smoke cigars from time to time, and am generally pretty tolerant of dry vapor, and this one is totally manageable and cough free for me, but it's 2022, and it's clear there are better options in this area.
3. Cleaning the cooling unit sucks. There's just no getting around it - and if you want flavor, you're going to have to clean it a lot. Since it has a lot of little channels, if you want to clean it well and after every few capsules, it's futile.
4. The Auto-shut off annoys me. Always requires that I jump back in to turn it back on.
5. Since I like to start low - it's annoying to have to start each session holding the - button to bring it back down to ~330 or so each time I use it. Sure, I have a bit of time to kill on the heat up, so it keeps me busy, but it is still annoying, albeit this is manageable.

Overall - it's a solid unit, and frankly I feel guilty that it's just not a fit for me, as it's clearly a well-designed and effective product and it *should* be good enough for me, but it isn't. My biggest gripe is the flavor, followed by the dry vapor, followed by cleaning. I can put up with a lot if the flavor is killer - and after loads of research on this forum - it's clear that a Tafée Bowle is a much better fit for me - and my mind is pretty firmly made up in that regard (the cup is a + for me, the battery life isn’t an issue for me at all, everything I hear about flavor is compelling, cleaning looks straight forward and the “ceramic pot” system isn’t as braindead easy as the Mighty+ capsules, but it’s more than good enough for my needs. So my only question on the battery powered vape front is - should I just bite the bullet and order the 400ml Tafée Bowle and be done with it, or wait until they update it, and/or it goes on sale - and get a short bubbler for the Mighty+ which will make it easier to clean, humidify the vapor and from what I read, improve the taste a bit?

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GoldenBud

Check the Herborizer as well.. I know more people which prefer the Herbo over the FP than the other way..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Tweakz

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I love my Mighty+ but have similar complaints about the CU cleaning (still my #1 grabbed vape); and am considering the Bowle to replace it at least around the house. My concern from reading the Tafee thread is some units are starting to show issues with time (100% anecdotal just noting it and observing); I just got several new devices on BF deals so I am in no rush, I plan to wait a bit to hear more long term feedback on the Tafee but I do see it replacing my + long term if the issues are not real or get fixed.

JollyGreenGiant

Check the Herborizer as well.. I know more people which prefer the Herbo over the FP than the other way..

I need less options, not more you evil fella! All kidding aside, thanks for the recco. It looks A LOT diff than the FP and is considerably less expensive, but what makes it superior to the FC? It looks like it doesn't have beads, can't easily do a combo concentrate/flower hit, and from the video's I can pull up, looks like the hits aren't as thick/dense.... but it does look like it's small and effective. Unfortunately, all of the high-end kits are out of stock though.

I love my Mighty+ but have similar complaints about the CU cleaning (still my #1 grabbed vape); and am considering the Bowle to replace it at least around the house. My concern from reading the Tafee thread is some units are starting to show issues with time (100% anecdotal just noting it and observing); I just got several new devices on BF deals so I am in no rush, I plan to wait a bit to hear more long term feedback on the Tafee but I do see it replacing my + long term if the issues are not real or get fixed.

Just my .02 - if you're vaping low end or low/medium end flower - no rush. If you're smoking $60+ gram 1/8ths with any consistency, the $370 for the Bowle, even if it falls apart after a year of heavy use, is still worthwhile. Just my .02 - using any top shelf flower in the Mighty+ for taste/flavor purposes is a complete waste of $. If you're paying the premium for a specific affect, carry on, but if flavor is important - the increased enjoyment/utilization of the flower flavor is absolutely worth having a device that has to be sent back once a year, or tossed and re-bought entirely.

For me, it boils down to the potential release of a V2. I'd be annoyed if they launched a V2 in the short term future with a better battery that was replacable, USB C and some additional enhancements over the current version, and I jumped in on the current version at the end of its lifecycle. While it hasn't been out that long, and you'd think if they were going to do a re-design it would happen soon, and the if it weren't for the Mini USB port, i'd have already bought it. I just can't imagine they're not fast tracking the replacement of that mini-usb port...

I would not count on a V2 Bowle happening anytime soon. They have moved pretty slowly since launching over a year ago. We still haven’t even seen the WPA they claimed was in the works…

That said, it’s a great device as is and my favorable portable, easily. As long as you can deal with the mediocre battery life, it’s a no-brainer. The increase in RMA issues in the thread recently is a bit concerning, but they seem to take care of those with issues. Personally, I’ve had zero issues in a full year of ownership so far.

The VapBong is also fantastic and I chose it over coil driven devices for many of the same reasons you are considering one (less parts, less burn risk, all in one design, nice to leave out on your coffee table, etc.) The potential for breakage is definitely a real concern though and it won’t deliver quite the same raw power as the newest ball vapes. Regardless, it’s a beast and super unique!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Instead of maintaining the cooling head unit for instance - you can just use it, gunk it up, throw it out and pop a new one on top. That coupled with the capsules makes it awfully simple.

I would recomended getting the Flowerpot.

Athough you should probably order a new one each week, so that you can throw your dirty one in the trash every six or seven days.
The Tinymight may fit your needs as well and also has the advantage of taking up less space in the trash bin every week.

No wait.... make that Firewood 7s they will look way more stylish sitting in the dust bin than the Tinymights or the Flowerpots for that matter. :tup:

JollyGreenGiant

I would not count on a V2 Bowle happening anytime soon. They have moved pretty slowly since launching over a year ago. We still haven’t even seen the WPA they claimed was in the works…

That said, it’s a great device as is and my favorable portable, easily. As long as you can deal with the mediocre battery life, it’s a no-brainer. The increase in RMA issues in the thread recently is a bit concerning, but they seem to take care of those with issues. Personally, I’ve had zero issues in a full year of ownership so far.

The VapBong is also fantastic and I chose it over coil driven devices for many of the same reasons you are considering one (less parts, less burn risk, all in one design, nice to leave out on your coffee table, etc.) The potential for breakage is definitely a real concern though and it won’t deliver quite the same raw power as the newest ball vapes. Regardless, it’s a beast and super unique!

That's all I needed to hear, I just ordered the 400ml version after reading your post, really appreciate the help. Some of your posts actually got me into the Bowle in the first place! I read quite a few of your posts on the Vapbong as well - and it seems compelling, but I'm still log jammed between it and the FP.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
That's all I needed to hear, I just ordered the 400ml version after reading your post, really appreciate the help. Some of your posts actually got me into the Bowle in the first place! I read quite a few of your posts on the Vapbong as well - and it seems compelling, but I'm still log jammed between it and the FP.
$370 is too expensive for a quirky cup vape with reliability/finish issues and a 750mah battery that you can't remove or replace. I think the "hours of research" approach (i.e. in lieu of asking here) can be counterproductive: searches for "best vaporizer" invariably lead the uninitiated to Troy or some noob on reddit gushing about the Mighty.

Substitute your VB desktop finalist with a OAB and the cock and balls table presence is resolved: you're not supposed to leave the bowl on when not in use so the OAB looks more like a teapot (although that is definitely not a handle!). The OAB is still an incredible performer and shouldn't be thought of as a weaker VB or anything like that.

Full disclosure: I haven't used a FP or a TB. My favorite portables are the now-discontinued Splinter Z, the Tinymight, and the Firewood7. All of these have the advantage that you can swap the cell and keep using them. If you decide to get a more portable portable I'd look at the TM first. Use it with a j-hook at home for the best flavor and save the included short stem and cooling unit for pocket carry use cases since the cooling unit robs flavor and clogs quickly
PXL_20211222_203256883~2.jpg

JollyGreenGiant

$370 is too expensive for a quirky cup vape with reliability/finish issues and a 750mah battery that you can't remove or replace. I think the "hours of research" approach (i.e. in lieu of asking here) can be counterproductive: searches for "best vaporizer" invariably lead the uninitiated to Troy or some noob on reddit gushing about the Mighty.

Substitute your VB desktop finalist with a OAB and the cock and balls table presence is resolved: you're not supposed to leave the bowl on when not in use so the OAB looks more like a teapot (although that is definitely not a handle!). The OAB is still an incredible performer and shouldn't be thought of as a weaker VB or anything like that.

Full disclosure: I haven't used a FP or a TB. My favorite portables are the now-discontinued Splinter Z, the Tinymight, and the Firewood7. All of these have the advantage that you can swap the cell and keep using them. If you decide to get a more portable portable I'd look at the TM first. Use it with a j-hook at home for the best flavor and save the included short stem and cooling unit for pocket carry use cases since the cooling unit robs flavor and clogs quickly

Firstly - thanks so much for the thoughtful and incredibly helpful reply!

A few comments/responses to your note:

1. You're completely correct on the hours of research point on non-FC sources. The hours of research I did here, however, were incredibly useful.
2. Whatever desktop I go with will see VERY limited use, so while I know you're not "supposed" to store it with the second testicle affixed, that certainly applies to folks who have units with moisture in them - either water ready for use, or recently poured out. Once I get through my shoulder pain issue, consumption for me will go WAY down, and the desktop piece will be a "special occasion rig" - more than likely 1-10 times a year at most. As such, after use, I'd pour out all the water, let it air dry as long as is required (even if it took a week or two), then once completely dry - affix the testicle and leave it affixed. I do like the OAB - especially the low key ones like the Elephant they have on their main page and I would go that route (or the cool turtle) - but they don't seem to have any for sale right now. Any idea how often they drop new product on the site?
3. I refuse to buy products like the TM7 where you must go through some ridiculous process of waiting for a drop, and mad rush to try to snag one before they sell out - then repeat the process until you get one. Only poorly run companies do such a thing - and in the world of pricing/packaging many studies have been done on this model - and all point to it being a very bad/harmful and downright risky business practice. I won't go into the details - but again, anytime I see this practice - I boycott the seller.
4. I looked at the Tinymight - but for an around the house portable, it doesn't meet my needs. I am not a heavy or frequent user - so battery life is no issue for me as I'd never discharge a fully charged battery in a day. I also don't want to use a glass piece and have to hook up a small unit to a bubbler, that would be the purpose of a more powerful desktop unit, at least for me - and from what I read the Tinymight is fine for direct hits, but the flavor, coolness of the vapor and ease of use (pot system with grinder that drops right into the pots) on the Bowle is superior, and incredibly appealing to me and puts it head and shoulders above the TM, for my needs. In terms of replaceable batteries - I'm in the small minority that doesn't care - and prefer fixed batteries if it improves the design. As an engineer who has designed more than a dozen hardware products, I know the compromises that must be made to use standard batteries, or replaceable batteries - and I want the best designed products possible. I also really dig the cup - at first it turned me off to the product entirely, but as I read increasingly about it, and realized I always have a cup of something with me when I vape, it started to become a pretty compelling element of the overall value proposition for me. Last - but certainly not least, I think it's important to look at the companies and products we are supporting with our purchases. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about TM - but it cannot be denied that Tafee is doing very interesting and unique things - and at least in my personal opinion, coming up with much better designs than other players in the market. For many, reliability seems to be fine - I called a vendor and asked them about it - and they got very few complaints relative to other products, and it generally seems like Tafee takes care of issues when they arise. All that said, giving them money for product = more R&D budget for them, and the more we support them, the more they'll innovate, improve, and excel. Long rant aside - I think the TM is probably a killer device for someone who wants just one or two vapes, and it's strong enough for big hits at home with a water bong, but small enough to use around the house, or as a portable. No hate there - seems like an awesome product, just not for me - your setup looks awesome though! Where I need a lot of help is on the desktop unit.

Has ANYONE used a Vapbong and a FP? Seems like it's all quiet on the western front there....

ChooChooCharlie

@JollyGreenGiant - you may find the following helpful for your new Bowle

cheap 1/2 inch screens, 200 in tin, change frequently rather than smelly messy iso soaking. No water wasting washing off iso. Some decry the landfill waste of tossing tiny screens -- huh?? Rather save water and my time:

Cheap plugin timer. I have habit of tapping 15 minute button after a pot, sometimes skip, sometimes tap 30 minute button, depending on # lights flashing after tapping timer. Prefer not to fully charge every day, and this timer switch method avoids topping off, while ensuring a ready, charged Bowle:

That double button press battery check is difficult for me with bad coordination and tremors. I also do not like the press and hold method for same reason, holding button in sets off my tremors. Love the tap and release. To end a draw before 23 second limit, I just interrupt it for a second to force heater lights off to light blue, then take a clean up draw. On last draw of pot, I end it with three press to turn off unit as well, then charge for 15

Must train your inhale to be deliberate and steady. Those accustomed to light sipping vapes need to change their act and be more aggressive. Those accustomed to on-demand unregulated vapes have to learn not to start slow and speed up, and avoid cigar puffing. Temp sensor is above pot in heater's screen, puck shuts off heat if interrupted, especially at start of draw when it's not heat soaked yet, how's that for a run-on sentence? I was convinced my Bowle was faulty first week, kept shutting off to blue, seemingly at random -- I had to learn to be more machine-like, steady and sure

JollyGreenGiant

@JollyGreenGiant - you may find the following helpful for your new Bowle

cheap 1/2 inch screens, 200 in tin, change frequently rather than smelly messy iso soaking. No water wasting washing off iso. Some decry the landfill waste of tossing tiny screens -- huh?? Rather save water and my time:

Cheap plugin timer. I have habit of tapping 15 minute button after a pot, sometimes skip, sometimes tap 30 minute button, depending on # lights flashing after tapping timer. Prefer not to fully charge every day, and this timer switch method avoids topping off, while ensuring a ready, charged Bowle:

That double button press battery check is difficult for me with bad coordination and tremors. I also do not like the press and hold method for same reason, holding button in sets off my tremors. Love the tap and release. To end a draw before 23 second limit, I just interrupt it for a second to force heater lights off to light blue, then take a clean up draw. On last draw of pot, I end it with three press to turn off unit as well, then charge for 15

Must train your inhale to be deliberate and steady. Those accustomed to light sipping vapes need to change their act and be more aggressive. Those accustomed to on-demand unregulated vapes have to learn not to start slow and speed up, and avoid cigar puffing. Temp sensor is above pot in heater's screen, puck shuts off heat if interrupted, especially at start of draw when it's not heat soaked yet, how's that for a run-on sentence? I was convinced my Bowle was faulty first week, kept shutting off to blue, seemingly at random -- I had to learn to be more machine-like, steady and sure

Wow, thanks so much for the advice, your logic is sound - I just bought both items! I do have experience with convection setups (log vapes) and I’m assuming the draw will be somewhat similar, but I’ll re-read your post before my first go with it to keep it top of mind.

Seems like the folks who love the Bowle, REALLY love it - so hopefully I’m a new recruit on the team 😂

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Whatever desktop I go with will see VERY limited use...

VapBong is great for this, and you are fine to use it leaving the ball bowl affixed as you described, that is what I do with mine. With your needs I could see a strong case to go for the mini then...

I do like the OAB - especially the low key ones like the Elephant they have on their main page and I would go that route (or the cool turtle) - but they don't seem to have any for sale right now. Any idea how often they drop new product on the site?

Yeah I prefer the OAB, sold my standard aromatizer vapbong, but I have three OAB (the original design with heater on the side and carb hole, newer design with heater across and custom longer mouthpiece, along with the mini OAB in cobblestone glaze) for the form factor as well as the water and airflow volume, easier to take the quick rips or slow sips for me depending on the power and pack, the standard had more technique involved being more classic bong style... I think the mini standard could be a very nice all arounder!

No one knows, there is no real pattern, and they recently moved across Europe resetting up the shop so there could be a bit of a pause now especially, I think vgoodiez may still have a couple units left, but likely not the art units that are fancier and more expensive... There are a lot of different styles, aside from turtles or the elephant shape, I'd suggest skimming through the thread to see the variety of what has been available in the past, berserkers and such, watching the thread is the best way to find out when there are new units available to purchase!! (also sign up for their newsletter ofcourse)

I refuse to buy products like the TM7 where you must go through some ridiculous process of waiting for a drop, and mad rush to try to snag one before they sell out - then repeat the process until you get one. Only poorly run companies do such a thing - and in the world of pricing/packaging many studies have been done on this model - and all point to it being a very bad/harmful and downright risky business practice. I won't go into the details - but again, anytime I see this practice - I boycott the seller.

You meant FW7, but I think you're being too harsh on the firewood company, which is literally just one person, hardly a company per se... It is not true only poorly run companies operate this way, there are many vape makers, one man operation, that don't have the bandwidth to manage a wait list, for them it is easiest to just put the items in stock for sale on the website, as you normally would... And it is worth mentioning, firewood was never this popular before, I think some previous models maybe a bit, but not selling out instantly the way these do with the FW7, and that is because it is a fucking phenomenal product! Similarly Tetra did not used to sell out instantly when there were drops, Tubo used to be in stock and you could custom order one anytime, people slept on these and then they got very popular, insanely so! There is nothing harmful about it, if you can't put up with it, you don't order one or you go to the aftermarket on Reddit EntExchange... Your prerogative of course, to choose where you spend your money, feel however you want about something, I just think that perspective is a bit limited thinking personally, because the maker of tetra and the maker of firewood are two fantastically upstanding individuals who work very hard for their customers and have provided for them some truly amazing, one of a kind, products :2c::peace:

Has ANYONE used a Vapbong and a FP? Seems like it's all quiet on the western front there....

You need to post differently (i.e. less broad), if you want more interaction, to attract more people, I would post an ask FC with the title: "VapBong vs FlowerPot" so you could get far more responses... Your current title does not imply that that is what you are asking, that you have narrowed down to two specific choices, it implies you are asking for general advice on a vape to buy imo

For what it's worth, I have not used FP, I have cloud connoisseur Halo and Atlas instead now, they are more similar, kind of like FP combined with a log, and based on what you are looking for, I don't really think it makes sense for you to get something like this that is so much more involved and also has separate glass involved? You're looking at buying a bunch of different parts, and a lot more money invested overall, I think, depending on the glass, and everything you get with the FP of course which model etc...

Based on your use case, it really did sound like Collyland was more fitting since you don't want glass bubbers and you are looking for Tafée to complete your portable, around the house mobility needs??

I do have experience with convection setups (log vapes) and I’m assuming the draw will be somewhat similar

Tafée Bowle is not similar to a log vape draw really, even though they are both pure convection, TB has more power on hand to be pretty instant on demand heating, on a log you typically want to draw a little slower bc it's easy to overpower the heater at whatever power setting, it needs to recover after a big hit... TB heater cannot be overpowered, it is better to inhale faster, with a steady deep inhale for a decent amount of time, and let go of the button to power down the heater but keep inhaling to fully clear the hit and heat... You will get the hang of it!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for the kind words

If you used S&B capsules, these Bowle pots are easier without lids. But, ceramic has a crazy high specific heat compared to aluminum, so wait longer before digging out avb -- ouch!

Added bonus of top-down heat flow with these pots: better results with half-filled pots than half-filled capsules, no airy hits

I use brilliant cut grinder, and find it easy to use pot as scoop, then greedily pinch and add a bit more, fingertip tamp

You must have an S&B cleaning brush -- I put mine in a pencil sharpener to create a digger/brush. Bowle pots don't dump out without digging. Then twisting brush action, followed by firm q-tip rubbing

Every other pot or three, q-tip stem's base plate and back in the right angle turn area. I'm a lazy sod, and love the low maintenance and ease. I go for months before a stem iso soak. Silicone mouthpiece tip will smell funky if you are really lazy, and it may become partially clogged

Q-tips and alcohol prep pads are my guilty landfill-ing vice

Many vape users like to brush things off -- please do not brush the heater screen in puck. Only blow, the sensor and heater screen are off-limits

SquirrelMaster

So a VapBong or B-2 you ask? My first question would be, are you sure you want to be able to twax? When I bought my VROD I had bought it more for the additional heat storage capacity over the Weedeater, but it was nice to twax every once in a while. With the B-1/B-2, unless you plan to use concentrates I would go B-1 as the airflow is more open (no cap preferred) and milks faster. The B-2 has more restriction when bare and a little more with a cap, but being able to twax has led me down the concentrate trail which offer hard hitting effects that is great for pain relief.

A few things I'll point out.
-Either B head is very durable where-as the VB needs some care when handling. With that said, you need to exercise more caution around the hot parts of a B1/2. I barely grazed my B2 yesterday with my hand (a first thankfully) and I have a small burn mark today to show for it. The VB gets hot but it hasn't burned me when I've brushed the heater.
-Flavour wise, it's close and may come down to personal preference but I think the Herborizer is best. I need to lower my B2 temperature because I just blasted through a larger bowl in 2 hits. With the B1/2 and a glass bowl I think you have a close 2nd in best flavour with faster extraction. I plugged my VB in just now to refresh my memory and I can taste a difference, possibly because of the heater (kanthal iirc). It's not bad, but there's something there and it throws me off a little. Again though, it's a little subjective.

Too add a little of my own perspective, all 3 will smash your Hybrid in the flavour department. My Hybrid is barely used because I find the vapor from any of my other desktops to be superior. Better flavour, less harsh. Bags have advantages but adding water filtration is a must when I use my Hybrid and I don't feel the same way about my other plug-ins. I've been hitting both my B1/B2 dry for the last couple weeks with no issue. Convection is just the best for flavour with small subtleties in different designs rich adds a little twist.

-Airflow on a VapBong is incredibly open. There is no comparison except maybe a volcano bag. If the look of a VB puts you off, then go for a OAB or other design. The OAB is more restrictive but still more open than many bongs.
-B1 is pretty open, B2 less so.

You're in the USA I assume? It's hard to argue with the value of a B1/2 which are pretty versatile vapes. The new injector opens more doors too. If the coil burns out or the PID dies, you can easily replace them. Nearly indestructible design. Ability to swap balls. They are desktop end game vapes.

The Tafee Bowle is a cool device but if your after flavour I favour the Tinymight (my most used portable) . My Bowles sat for a bit and I recently started using them again. The cup kicks ass imo. Love the fast heat up. It's kind of a gimmicky vape but it hits hard and is unique so I do like it. I had excellent customer service when I had issues too.

JollyGreenGiant

So a VapBong or B-2 you ask? My first question would be, are you sure you want to be able to twax? When I bought my VROD I had bought it more for the additional heat storage capacity over the Weedeater, but it was nice to twax every once in a while. With the B-1/B-2, unless you plan to use concentrates I would go B-1 as the airflow is more open (no cap preferred) and milks faster. The B-2 has more restriction when bare and a little more with a cap, but being able to twax has led me down the concentrate trail which offer hard hitting effects that is great for pain relief.

A few things I'll point out.
-Either B head is very durable where-as the VB needs some care when handling. With that said, you need to exercise more caution around the hot parts of a B1/2. I barely grazed my B2 yesterday with my hand (a first thankfully) and I have a small burn mark today to show for it. The VB gets hot but it hasn't burned me when I've brushed the heater.
-Flavour wise, it's close and may come down to personal preference but I think the Herborizer is best. I need to lower my B2 temperature because I just blasted through a larger bowl in 2 hits. With the B1/2 and a glass bowl I think you have a close 2nd in best flavour with faster extraction. I plugged my VB in just now to refresh my memory and I can taste a difference, possibly because of the heater (kanthal iirc). It's not bad, but there's something there and it throws me off a little. Again though, it's a little subjective.

Too add a little of my own perspective, all 3 will smash your Hybrid in the flavour department. My Hybrid is barely used because I find the vapor from any of my other desktops to be superior. Better flavour, less harsh. Bags have advantages but adding water filtration is a must when I use my Hybrid and I don't feel the same way about my other plug-ins. I've been hitting both my B1/B2 dry for the last couple weeks with no issue. Convection is just the best for flavour with small subtleties in different designs rich adds a little twist.

-Airflow on a VapBong is incredibly open. There is no comparison except maybe a volcano bag. If the look of a VB puts you off, then go for a OAB or other design. The OAB is more restrictive but still more open than many bongs.
-B1 is pretty open, B2 less so.

You're in the USA I assume? It's hard to argue with the value of a B1/2 which are pretty versatile vapes. The new injector opens more doors too. If the coil burns out or the PID dies, you can easily replace them. Nearly indestructible design. Ability to swap balls. They are desktop end game vapes.

The Tafee Bowle is a cool device but if your after flavour I favour the Tinymight (my most used portable) . My Bowles sat for a bit and I recently started using them again. The cup kicks ass imo. Love the fast heat up. It's kind of a gimmicky vape but it hits hard and is unique so I do like it. I had excellent customer service when I had issues too.

Thanks for your detailed response!

Yep - based in USA. So it sort of sounds like you're saying for me, you think the Herborizer for me would be best, followed by the B2, then the VB/OAB coming in third? I'll have to do a little more research on the Herborizer. I'd prefer to buy a kit, and not have to piece something together.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for your detailed response!

Yep - based in USA. So it sort of sounds like you're saying for me, you think the Herborizer for me would be best, followed by the B2, then the VB/OAB coming in third? I'll have to do a little more research on the Herborizer. I'd prefer to buy a kit, and not have to piece something together.

I think there are herbo kits! I know they even make their own bubblers and controllers etc.

JollyGreenGiant

I think there are herbo kits! I know they even make their own bubblers and controllers etc.
Any idea what the difference between the Vaporizer head and the Vape/Enail head? Any recommendations?

EDIT: I see it's for concentrates. Does the enail version not have as good a flavor.

Last edited:
JollyGreenGiant,

Shit Snacks

Any idea what the difference between the Vaporizer head and the Vape/Enail head? Any recommendations?

EDIT: I see it's for concentrates. Does the enail version not have as good a flavor.

Sorry noop, I would say check the thread for herborizer corner in the plugin section :tup:

They're definitely is a version just for herbs, I personally don't like to come by my concentrate with my herbs, I rely on herbs much more so and work concentrates in a bit separately with torch banger and others.

Shit Snacks,

JollyGreenGiant

This is like Sophie's choice but I think I'd go with the flowerpot. But that's really hard choice for me to make. I'd replace both instantly if something happened to either one

Just curious, would you replace your Volcano Hybrid if something happened to it?

I ended up going with the Herborizer Ti based on folks saying it was the taste king, at least in terms of the heavy bombers. That said - if I see a low key looking Vapbong/OAB that would add to the aesthetic of my home office, I may pick one up as more of an art piece than a functional piece, but then I’d at least have a piece of functional art. Based on the Ti on the way though - the B2 setup is now off the table.

I wish the vape market wasn’t so noisy/competitive though. I’m an engineer (and I’ve designed hardware products that everyone who has used the internet has used at some point knowingly or unknowingly - on a near daily basis) and have a few ideas on no-contact (no water) cooling and particulate separation systems that combined with aerosol injection could offer some wildly different experiences - like auto grinding, sterilization and cleaning of the entire internal system at the click of a button (to use after each bowl to make cleaning near non-existent) customizable output temp, which my math says could get temps sub 40 degrees F (post extraction - but could be customizable based on ambient weather), humidity sensors to auto adjust temps and extraction speed based on material and the aerosol injection would literally make everything else on the market a legacy device overnight. With such a crowded market though, and not very many ultra premium products on the market (the cogs would be considerably higher, meaning it would have to retail for considerably more than current high end systems).

If the Ti I ordered isn’t a huge step up from my current systems, I may build a unit for myself…. But the time and cost of doing so would make it pretty goofy to just to make one, which is the rub. I’m a little underwhelmed with the innovation in this market though…. When I started vaping over a decade ago, the options weren’t that much inferior to today‘s. After doing a few weeks of research, seems like most of the products out there are pretty basic and uninspiring - just apply heat and run it through water…. it’s 2022, pretty sad state.

SquirrelMaster

Just curious, would you replace your Volcano Hybrid if something happened to it?

I ended up going with the Herborizer Ti based on folks saying it was the taste king, at least in terms of the heavy bombers. That said - if I see a low key looking Vapbong/OAB that would add to the aesthetic of my home office, I may pick one up as more of an art piece than a functional piece, but then I’d at least have a piece of functional art. Based on the Ti on the way though - the B2 setup is now off the table.

I wish the vape market wasn’t so noisy/competitive though. I’m an engineer (and I’ve designed hardware products that everyone who has used the internet has used at some point knowingly or unknowingly - on a near daily basis) and have a few ideas on no-contact (no water) cooling and particulate separation systems that combined with aerosol injection could offer some wildly different experiences - like auto grinding, sterilization and cleaning of the entire internal system at the click of a button (to use after each bowl to make cleaning near non-existent) customizable output temp, which my math says could get temps sub 40 degrees F (post extraction - but could be customizable based on ambient weather), humidity sensors to auto adjust temps and extraction speed based on material and the aerosol injection would literally make everything else on the market a legacy device overnight. With such a crowded market though, and not very many ultra premium products on the market (the cogs would be considerably higher, meaning it would have to retail for considerably more than current high end systems).

If the Ti I ordered isn’t a huge step up from my current systems, I may build a unit for myself…. But the time and cost of doing so would make it pretty goofy to just to make one, which is the rub. I’m a little underwhelmed with the innovation in this market though…. When I started vaping over a decade ago, the options weren’t that much inferior to today‘s. After doing a few weeks of research, seems like most of the products out there are pretty basic and uninspiring - just apply heat and run it through water…. it’s 2022, pretty sad state.
What is it about the Hybrid you dislike, is it just the vapour quality? A few early adopters are still salty about the aluminum dust before S&B switched to the coated bowl. There's the occasional melting chambers as well. Neither of those would really apply to your device though.

Top Bottom