• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ABV capsules

darkrom

Great Scott!
FYI the 00 capsules hold between 600 and 650 mg depending on how powdered and packed the material is. Please keep updating this. I will most likely be ordering the capsule machine shortly.

At least this is with powdered Kratom. I shouldn't assume they are the same. I wonder if GNC sells these pill machines.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Did you ever try it with fresh bud after heating it a little?

I see that you have a MFLB. Can you save up a decent amount of barely vaped bud like greenish light brown and try that? I'm willing to bet that by vaping the bud only 1 or 2 medium hits with the LB it would be lighter ABV and would require much fewer capsules.

I am going to be picking up a capsule machine but I need to find one locally since I don't wanna have that shipped here.

I'm glad you tried this out.

darkrom,

Mckdenton

no I havn't tried fresh bud yet. I should pack a bowl in the Supreme barely vape it then pack caps, i bet it would knock down the dosage to like 1-4 caps.

Mckdenton,

darkrom

Great Scott!
That's exactly what I am hoping. 10 size 00 caps is still pretty cool but it loses practicality lol.

1-4 caps would be in fact SUPREME. Please do post results even if I am the only one following haha. I need to justify the extra effort its going to take on my part to find a capsule machine locally.

Thanks a lot!

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can do some launch box tests with eddibles that should result in similar findings actually. If I were to vape 4 trenches or so very very lightly and then sprinkle it in a hot pocket or anything just to mask the taste and not really cook with it, it should still work quite well. I suppose I could do my own tests with the LB and how much herb I need to eat straight up without cooking (but placed in food after it is made to cover up taste).

darkrom,

ShadowLink12

Activist
I am quite interested in this topic, as my mom and sister use medicinally for migraines, but my mom HATES smoking/vaping and being high. I am thinking a few pills might be enough to just knock out her migraine, and not knock her on her ass. To prepare these, do you have to do anything but take the ABV and put it in the capsules? There was talk of washing it first due to smelly farts (can't believe I just typed that), is this necessary and what is the process to do this without losing potency etc.?

ShadowLink12,

Mckdenton

Grinding up the abv as fine as you can is a good idea so you can fit more in each cap.

Also, I never had ABV farts (can't believe i just typed that), but ABV burrrps yes sir!
Sooo a bath is not necessary, but it will remove the shit you don't need like abv smelling farts and burps.
Actually, giving your abv a soaking and removing that nasty stuff will make each cap more potent, thus lowering the amount you need to take....I'm pretty sure that makes sense.
:peace:

Mckdenton,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
the reason that you put your abv into capsules is to make it easier to ingest. is this correct?

if so, then you should be able to eat a known weight of your own abv, (however you can) and note your effects. then calculate how many pills to you need to ingest to get that predetermined wieght down.

so based on previous estimates, which i figured out to be approx. 4 - 6 grams for an effective dose (for mcdenton), how many 000 pills would that equal? you could cut it down from 10 or more 00 caps to how many 000 caps?

how much does a tablespoon of avb weigh Vapenstien's Monster?

if it works out to be 4 grams for 2, 000 pills, then we can assume you and mcdenton have similar medicinal requirements. if not, then tolerance will also play a major role in dosage required. i guess more research is needed!

anyways, i am interested in hearing how this all unfolds. i
think this could be a great 'easy' way to recycle your abv. i hate cooking btw.

notmyrealUSERname,

wthanna

Remember... Your ABV may be way more or way less potent than someone elses depending on how much you vaped the goodies out of it... I like edibles and don't vape my stuff very thoroughly... If I tried to eat even 2 grams of my average ABV, I would be way way overmedicated. It is a good idea to start out low and work your way up or you may be in for an unpleasant time!

wthanna,

Mckdenton

notmyrealUSERname said:
think this could be a great 'easy' way to recycle your abv. i hate cooking btw.
i used to just mix my avb in some peanut butter and make a sandwich. I couldn't stomach the taste of the mixture after getting way fuckedup on it one time, sooo ABV caps were made. much more convenient

Mckdenton,

2clicker

Observer
i wanna bump this thread cuz its got me interested

but i vape the hell outta my herb so i would probably need a lot

2clicker,

upriver

combustion-free
Hope its not too off topic, but I have never seen mention of the effects of vape on other bodily functions before (can't believe I just typed that). When I first used a Vapor Bros, I was convinced that it was somehow affecting my digestion - it sure smelled like it did anyway. Gas that smells like bud is neither as nasty nor as pleasant as it could sound, but it seemed to be a very real phenomenon. I assumed that lots of particles were getting stuck in the throat and working their way through the GI tract, and that this was just a cross to bear with vaping. However, with the Iolite, SSV, Volcano, MFLB I have never noticed it again. Something inferior about the Vapor Bros design? Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is there a thread here about it? I am just glad to know that I might not be wholly crazy...

upriver,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
upriver said:
Hope its not too off topic, but I have never seen mention of the effects of vape on other bodily functions before (can't believe I just typed that). When I first used a Vapor Bros, I was convinced that it was somehow affecting my digestion - it sure smelled like it did anyway. Gas that smells like bud is neither as nasty nor as pleasant as it could sound, but it seemed to be a very real phenomenon. I assumed that lots of particles were getting stuck in the throat and working their way through the GI tract, and that this was just a cross to bear with vaping. However, with the Iolite, SSV, Volcano, MFLB I have never noticed it again. Something inferior about the Vapor Bros design? Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is there a thread here about it? I am just glad to know that I might not be wholly crazy...

when you were hitting the vapor bros, did you swallow any of the vapor? i sometimes do this by accident when i take too big of a hit. i am assuming that you would probably take smaller hits with the other vapes you mentioned, except maybe the SSV.

so if you swallowed vapor then, that means you may have actually ingested the vapor. i have done this in the past and sometimes it will come bacek out when i burp!? :o maybe you just farted the vapor out instead of burping it out like i did? :lol:

notmyrealUSERname,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stumbled across this thread, and thought I'd bump it back up cause I'm interested in this whole deal...starting to get a decent amount of abv saved up, and I'm looking for a more portable/higher shelf life alternative to edibles, for my abv....and if this works like it sounds, i might even half-Vape a decent amount of herb to use specifically in capsules.

Edit- when i read the first post about steeping the abv in water to remove smell and potential abv farts, I was thinking remove abv duff, like particles that were totally cooked...i wasn't thinking of the literal sense of fart....then many posts later, someone said something about the farts and i got the meaning of said original post, and couldn't stop laughing for a couple solid minutes! Totally vaked right now!

Purpl3_Haz3,

the_germinator

yes, the ABV gas is bad, coming out of the attic or the basement....I had both at the same time. It takes away from the experience a little, especially if you have company lol :uhoh: :o :lol:

the_germinator,

Mckdenton

Well sense this thred got kicked back up i guess i'll post an update on account of i just gobbled down some more of these bad boys the otherday.

Twas super bowl sunday, i am currently on a break from the herbage, and have been for about a month. so i decided i was gonna pop some abv caps and relax and watch the game.

i was normally taking like 14 when i was a heavy heavy vapist. but sence i was on a break i figured i'd cut it in half and take 7. so i gobbled down 7 and ate my cheese dip.

halfhour goes by. i'm feeling on the top of the world. Perfect buzz!!! next thing i know i'm laying in bed trying to take a nap and sleep off this very very overwhelming high. i thought i was gonna puke!
way way too stoned!!!!
I ended up falling asleep and waking up at like 1:30 am. missing the fucking super bowl.
Man ABV can be frighteningly potent and overwhelming.

thats how ABV caps ruined superbowl sunday :ko:

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
so if we cannot remove the foul wind from the ABV, how about preventing the body from forming the large gas bubbles to begin with?

simethicone AKA gas-x is a relatively safe medicine that does not, as far as we know, actually absorb in the body, all it does is break surface tension in the fluid of the GI tract so that large clusters of gas bubbles cannot form and be expelled 'en masse' through the gi tract, so they come out as burps.

so maybe downing an appropriate dosage of anti gas medicine with your capped ABV could help with that. They'd still come out of the attic, but not out of the basement LOL. and hey, with the right company, i could see that making for an entertaining evening.

Whoops, looks like Mel Brooks forgot to water cure the ABV! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

someone please try this and report back - i'd love to know whether it works or not and i don't have enough to experiment currently.

herbgirl,

the_germinator

I was wondering the same thing....next time i will try gas x when I injest it and see what happens. Of course if you make butter you dont have that problem =) The gas is really the only dislike so far...

the_germinator,

dcorp

For the first time, i took 3 capsules (~500 mg each) - no effect.. Then one evening i took 5 of them and after two hours went to bed, i woke up after 1,5 hours completely high (i think the effect woke me up), also very strong, very overwhelming. Next time i took 5 again, but that was in daytime and this time (it took 3,5 hours to start) i was not overwhelmed but it was quite strong. And the feeling is not head high that you get from ordinary vape, but more body high.
My GF tried 5 at first, but she had a minor indigestion from the food that she had the caps with, and it took 6 hours to start, and then it lasted for 24! hours with ups and downs, last 4 hours being still very strong... She was quite upset that weekend :S
Couple of weeks ago we both took 4 caps each, the effect was strong on both, to a point were we think 2 or 3 would be enough.. too bad we're out of ABV atm, need to save some :)
Will update with other amounts..

dcorp,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
LOL just read about the farts, was going to try the capsule method for my 4 hour flight next week but not sure if the other passengers on the plane would be to happy with my possible gas. Gonna try this method for sure just not on the plane.........or should i ???? lol

Lefthook,
Top Bottom