About to make a purchase on a tube, some opinions?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nycdeisel said:
not legs really, sometimes lay back style inlines have a small stub/handle/kickstand somewhere along the middle of the neck

Ok, I know I've seen ones like that in my lhs...

Back more on topic, I have yet to see a shipping related email...so far just the one email confirming the purchase. The money was taken in two charges (one for .57 cents and the other for the remainder...) sometime in the past day or two. I've read that it can take up to two weeks in some cases to ship, but recently people have reported 2 - 3 weeks from order to receipt of the item...I hope it ships soon, I'm anxious!

Vaporisateur, I'm excited to see your video and review of your tube! I'll be excited to compare as well once I get mine...

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Nycdeisel said:
WHy didnt you just stick the tubing directly into the joint if its 14mm(is it?)

I don't have the same bong, but thanks for tip - it fucking rocks!! I just dropped the DBV tube (without mouthpiece!) in the downstem of my bong and voil! It fits like papa in mama. I don't have to hold it or anything.

I've never experienced a vaporisation session like this and I'm quite fucking pleased with the results. Thanks so much - I just saved at least 25$ on a glass connector! :D

DBV + BONG = How to get the most out of your vape.

Vaporisateur,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I got the tube today! Checked shipping status last night and it still said it hadn't been shipped, and I'm holding it as I type!

First impressions. Not too big, perfect for sitting in a chair. Hits soo smooth, almost zero drag. A little on the light side as far as weight, but I have a case that is padded for it to live in.

Edit. Less than two weeks shipping is great coming from GC in the Netherlands. Some peoplewait 4 weeks or more. Also it went through customs fine, came with a note from them that d
Says "glass pipe"

Pics and vid later

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
SmokingElectricity said:
nice :D

looking forward to the vid. i think i'm gonna order one in a few weeks. looks perfect to use with my MZ.

You won't be dissapointed, unless you obsessively check the tracking status for your packages...I was taking hits from the tube, while the track and confirm site still showed "Origin Post is Preparing Shippment" from Brussels (somewhere in the netherlands...) about 2 hours after I had the tube, it said delivered, with no information between the two.

Also, it had a sticker stating that customs had inspected the pacage (it was re-taped over the original tape, and they removed the bubble wrap, and re bubble wrapped it (all the bubble wrap was in sections of no more than 5 square inches, caked with tape, lol) The sticker said Glass Pipe, value (some number I couldn't make out.) Soo, that means they new what it was, where it was from, etc, and could care less.

here are some pics. I totally forgot to do a vid, so Ill make one when next time I medicate.

Also, I found an image hosting site, that requires no registration, is free, and allows up to 100 pics to be uploaded at once. I mention this as in the past I have used imageshack, and had people mention alot of bad things about it (spyware, etc). So, here are some pics uploaded with Use.com Please let me know if everything works.

EDIT, click on pics for larger size (right click, and open each in a new tab for quick viewing)

Purpl3_Haz3,
I'm completely ashamed to admit that I, too, have a Nautilus inline. You can see it in my vapobowl video. I have the non layback version, with just a straight tube. Despite likely being made in a hellish, horrific Chinese sweatshop of a glass studio, it is indeed a very nice tube with almost zero detectable drag. I got it back when it was 50 less 20%, so I can't really regret it too much. It's actually made to a high standard, with very nice welds. The Bowl is came with is comically oversized and practically worthless. I just wish I'd gone on Etsy, found a good artist, contacted them and had them make a simple inline for me - maybe something shorter, with a wider diameterm, which wouldn't of even cost much more.

I'd always encourage people to track down a local glassblower or go to a resource like Etsy before buying a mass manufactured, third world bong like we all likely have in the past, myself included.

Thanks for the info about use.com, I actually need something like that.

charliedontsurf,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
charliedontsurf said:
I'm completely ashamed to admit that I, too, have a Nautilus inline. You can see it in my vapobowl video. I have the non layback version, with just a straight tube. Despite likely being made in a hellish, horrific Chinese sweatshop of a glass studio, it is indeed a very nice tube with almost zero detectable drag. I got it back when it was 50 less 20%, so I can't really regret it too much. It's actually made to a high standard, with very nice welds. The Bowl is came with is comically oversized and practically worthless. I just wish I'd gone on Etsy, found a good artist, contacted them and had them make a simple inline for me - maybe something shorter, with a wider diameterm, which wouldn't of even cost much more.

I'd always encourage people to track down a local glassblower or go to a resource like Etsy before buying a mass manufactured, third world bong like we all likely have in the past, myself included.

Thanks for the info about use.com, I actually need something like that.

I second what you said about the nautilus, as well as the finding a local alternative. Would have gone that route looking back now, but, I do love this piece.

I love the lack of drag as well, it is soooo quiet....Could you (CDS) or anyone for that matter, tell me if the amount of water in the pics looks adequate, please? I don't want to add more, as some splashes up into the bottom of the tube as is, but I feel any less would leave me getting some less filtered vape.

And yeah, the bowl that came with the nautilus, is a total joke. I gave it away. :|

As for the Use.com site, I'm putting the longevity of it to the test, as my new signature image is hosted by them. We shall see how long it stays up for, where I uploaded using no account, etc.

Purpl3_Haz3,

steiner666

Serial vapist
vera nice purpl3, and some good lookin buds there too :cool: I also love how nicely inlines purr without adding hardly any drag. The only problem i ever had with them is that you have to worry about keeping the waterline level more with them than you do with other vapes. especially if its a front-back style one instead of side to side.

i know its kinda after the fact now, but i i've definitely come to prefer ~12" straight tubes. no percs or extreme bends or unnecessary obstructions like that makes them a lot easier to fill and keep cleaned. if its a plain straight tube you can just pull the downstem and use a bottle cleaning brush or something similar and clean the tube out with a tiny bit of iso (i use the cheaper 70% for this), rather than having to fill it up enough to shake the iso around in it, like i had to for some pieces. then you can just clean downstem with a thick pipecleaner or something.

im someone who's kinda ocd about keeping glass clean tho, so it might not be as big of a deal to someone else i guess. but i still dont like percs in my tubes because they have a lower center of gravity without the weight of the extra glass and water towards the top, so theyre more stable. ive even kinda stopped liking ice in the the the tube for this reason also, and because ive been finding it less essential to cool the hits so much as just moisturize.

just a straight tube and with a showerhead or even just slitted/punctured diffused downstem is best imo.

and black leaf pieces are ok but the glass is pretty weak ime. work great until you drop em, or even just accidentally tip them over onto your desk...

steiner666,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
As promised (though slightly delayed due to me passing out last night), here is a video.

Vid

:cool:

Purpl3_Haz3,

SmokingElectricity

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
As promised (though slightly delayed due to me passing out last night), here is a video.

Vid

:cool:

yeah that piece does look like it would work well with my Zap. :D

nice vid. enjoy your tube. :cool:

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom