About to make a purchase on a tube, some opinions?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hello all, I'm looking to replace my old broken, fixed too many times, bong. I will be using it strictly with the EQ. I have selected this one tentatively, it's about 90 shipped from Grasscity with the coupon mayhay.

It says it's 18.8mm>14.5mm not sure if it'll work out of the box without the q, so thats one question.

Other question is simply, does it look like a decent buy? I'm good with glass, and this is all i can afford on top of meds, for a few months at least. LHS is way over priced.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stu said:
You'll need an adapter to use that piece as the slide reduces from 18 to 14mm. You can get them pretty cheap, though. I recently got on for less than 10 bucks online here: http://www.420armory.com/index.php?...tegory_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=287
:peace:

Thanks, I've been doing more and more searching, and made my purchase.

Its hard to describe, so here is a pic. It has an 18.8 mm gong joint.

GPER_019.jpg

I'll post some sort of review, and maybe a milkshot/vid when i get it. Sys 7-10 days, i believe. Already anxious, lol.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Nycdeisel

Thats a pretty big tube... for vapor.

Its one of the decent pieces on GC

Nycdeisel,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nycdeisel said:
Thats a pretty big tube... for vapor.

Its one of the decent pieces on GC

It is big, but Im thinking (and hoping) it'll be just about right. The only tube i have access to now (friend is storing his at my place) is too big for vaor IMO. It is a straight tube zong, and the bottom is a large round diameter, and at least 16" tall if not more. Too much space, even with as much water as possible, to pull a Vape hit for me.

I'm hoping where i ordered at night with a credit card, that the order will go through tomorrow morning, and ship within a couple days. I have read of people on the east coast US (where i am) getting shipments from GC anywhere from 4 days to 2 months or more. I hope mine will come fairly quickly...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Pappy said:
I think you'd be better off with simple beaker or straight tube. With Euro shipping these will only cost you a few bucks more.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...y-glass-50-x-5-mm-clear-beaker-13-0-inch.html
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...glass-50-x-5-mm-clear-straight-12-0-inch.html

Thought about buying a similar HVY off of someone in the sell your...thread. Didn't have quite enough cash...already bit the bullet on the inline though. Kinda like the less drag aspect of the inline. Saw a vid of someone vaping through the nautilus with a dbv, and the hit was nearly silent, looked nice.

Looking back, I'm sure i could have found something better at alt, or a few other shops. And i ultimately would have preferred something us shipped. But, the GC shipment journal thread shows people getting orders in about 2 weeks recently of the same tube.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nycdeisel said:
enjoy! I bet it chuggs :brow: :cool:

Thank you NYC and pappy, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It will be a stay at home, in the padded cases between sessions, piece.

Purpl3_Haz3,

SmokingElectricity

not bad at all for the price. i have been wanting to get a new tube as well. GC seams to have stepped it up a bit since the last time i checked there. can't wait to see the video. :cool:

SmokingElectricity,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
SmokingElectricity said:
not bad at all for the price. i have been wanting to get a new tube as well. GC seams to have stepped it up a bit since the last time i checked there. can't wait to see the video. :cool:

I'll have some good pics, a vid or two, and a review, all as zoom as i get this thing!

I can hardly wait

Purpl3_Haz3,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Holy crap that nautilus looks great. $55 at the moment... so tempting...

Orestes,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
After visiting the local headshops and seeing their outrageous prices for cheap plastic bongs (like 30$ CDN) - I decided to buy online and made the following purchase.

I know, I could have purchased 'a known brand' and find a case afterwards, but I like custom fit... Furthermore, this is my first bong and the main reason I choose this one is for the carrying case - and I must say it looks like a decent bong for the buck :)

I should receive it today, so I will post how it hits. Unfortunately I don't have the tube connector for my DBV yet, so I will have to combust to try it shheeeeee sorry guys! :)

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
To the OP, GC is down right now so I can't see what you bought. What is the size of it?

Vaporisateur,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Vaporisateur said:
To the OP, GC is down right now so I can't see what you bought. What is the size of it?

its called the Black Leaf Inline Bong 18.8 - "The Nautilus" Layback and it is supposed to be about 12" tall...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Ok! So I guess it's the picture posted above? I did not realize that's the one you bought.

So mine is a little bigger at 16"... Hope it is not too big to match with the DBV. I don't intend to use it exclusively with vapor, so it won't be a bad purchase no matter what.

Hey, I'll post a video too... perhaps we could compare the results :D

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vaporisateur said:
After visiting the local headshops and seeing their outrageous prices for cheap plastic bongs (like 30$ CDN) - I decided to buy online and made the following purchase.

I know, I could have purchased 'a known brand' and find a case afterwards, but I like custom fit... Furthermore, this is my first bong and the main reason I choose this one is for the carrying case - and I must say it looks like a decent bong for the buck :)

I should receive it today, so I will post how it hits. Unfortunately I don't have the tube connector for my DBV yet, so I will have to combust to try it shheeeeee sorry guys! :)

Alright, so I got my bong today as expected. I know this is not a site for bong reviews, but I just tought I should let you know.

Ok, so think of the cheapest case you can imagine. It's cheaper than that. It's like a fake case you often see for kids's stuff. Yeah, like that. It's made of cupboard with 'aluminum' corners. But it's okay. It will indeed hold and stash the bong, but not to be carried around too much.

The bong itself is perfect. I really like the height. I cannot complain if I compare to what I saw in the local shop for similar prices. I like the fact that it has both a carb hole and a slider. When the downstem brakes, I'll probably "upgrade" for a slotted one and get another kind of bowl. But I can certainly keep it the way it is now, I'm pretty fucked up right now! Just unpacked it and tried with Hash Plant and Kush...

Can't wait to hook this up to my DBV and see how it goes.

Vaporisateur,

Nycdeisel

what? that tube posted above in teh picture is not a layback and its 17" tall
?

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

WHy didnt you just stick the tubing directly into the joint if its 14mm(is it?)

Nycdeisel,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nycdeisel said:
what? that tube posted above in teh picture is not a layback and its 17" tall
?

Sorry, couldn't recap the dimensions exactly...but the bong in the pic, is indeed a layback according to the listing on GC..

Edit**. I just looked on the link I posted here for my purchase, Height: 32 cm / 12.6 inch, is what's listed for height...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Nycdeisel

oops, I seriously thought I edited that part about 17"

those cheap brands use soem screwy terms alright. a tube that lays back does not stand up or have a base

Nycdeisel,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nycdeisel said:
oops, I seriously thought I edited that part about 17"

those cheap brands use soem screwy terms alright. a tube that lays back does not stand up or have a base

No problem, and I didn't think about the design i think your talking about when I saw layback. You talking about the inline tubes that have legs on the bottom? It lays back when you hit it?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Nycdeisel

not legs really, sometimes lay back style inlines have a small stub/handle/kickstand somewhere along the middle of the neck

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom