About that time for a new vape

Pukka

They want you to think it's a convection device but the chamber is metalic or ceramic and I bet the heater is small if they don't attach a picture of it.... Dunno... Get a TM or TP80 tomorrow at 21 Swiss time :cool:

If there is a picture of the heater please add it

I read that the chamber is gold plated. Gold has a value of over 300 K (coductivity) it conducts very good and I wonder if it comes to compensate about smaller heater

But good thing about gold is that it will never react with oxygen
I don't honestly, positively, 100% know poop about what goes on inside the "magic box". Feels and tastes like mostly convection but that's objectively imho. Are you saying that any vape with a metalic or ceramic bowl can't be convection ☹? That confuses me, please explain. Size of the heater, if big enough to do the job, makes no nevermind. In a portable the limiting factor is the battery. All you have is 2500 - 2500 mAh at ~4.0 volts. Giant heater = big energy draw = minimum use time = mad users. As for getting a TM or TP80, maybe when I get my broken TuboX fixed 🙃

I'm not taking mine apart for pictures unless someone sends me a replacement (rotflmfao 🙂🙃🙂).

Yes, gold plated wide/squat bowl with a gold plated "pusher" kinda like a daVinci. Pretty much sized for a 3 minute session or you can have on demand with a switch. Glass and ceramic "clean" vapor path that comes out for cleaning.

I have a Firefly 2+, in a lot of ways this is an improved version of that vape. I also love me my Ghosts (hate the company, absolutely love the vape) and this tastes and acts (you can vary your experience with breathing control) similar. YMMV.

tldr: Crazy, old, dope smoking, smelly, long hair hippie explains 4 volt heaters and expresses extreme love for antique discontinued vaping devices. Hairy Kirsner to you all 😁

Pukka

So? That's one person's single ABV shot in a video, no? I don't put much stock into anything of Troy's regardless :rofl:
I'd show my duff but it's mixed up with stuff from a log, a HLT, etc. I don't turn everything up to 11, but I'm getting nicely toasted duff at 404°F.

Pukka,

Pukka

I also don't like a company that gives a big discount weeks after dropping a new unit, especially if I just paid full price!
Well yeah, me too and probably more so than you (I paid for the bum bag and portable wireless charger too). Maybe exchange for the exposure on the show.

Pukka,

GoldenBud

I don't honestly, positively, 100% know poop about what goes on inside the "magic box". Feels and tastes like mostly convection but that's objectively imho. Are you saying that any vape with a metalic or ceramic bowl can't be convection ☹? That confuses me, please explain. Size of the heater, if big enough to do the job, makes no nevermind. In a portable the limiting factor is the battery. All you have is 2500 - 2500 mAh at ~4.0 volts. Giant heater = big energy draw = minimum use time = mad users. As for getting a TM or TP80, maybe when I get my broken TuboX fixed 🙃
it's a chamber that is plated with gold....it absorbs heat and will heat the herb...(it seems that gold is like 10x more conductive than Stainless Steel)..while you don't take a draw..... and it looks like it hasn't enough space for a decent heater.... why spend 269$ when you can get some HealthyRips or XMAX PRO V3 in like 130$?

if a company wants 269$, like the TM, I suppose they can show every part of their vape....I don't wanna live in a world that a company asks 269$ and doesn't show me what's the engine is ;)

bottom line is; we have an experience in the field of vaporizers. me. another people who posted a message in this topic. if it's costy and they don't show the most important thing, it's a no-no until it changes.

if your TUBOx is broken, send it Ralph, I hated going to the postal office, that ships INTL, but it worthes it

my 2nd bottom line;
"you want money? you want a good decent amount of money? show me the whole picture. I'll make my calculations. otherwise, ask 130$ max."

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Pukka

it's a chamber that is plated with gold....it absorbs heat and will heat the herb...(it seems that gold is like 10x more conductive than Stainless Steel)..while you don't take a draw..... and it looks like it hasn't enough space for a decent heater.... why spend 269$ when you can get some HealthyRips or XMAX PRO V3 in like 130$?

if a company wants 269$, like the TM, I suppose they can show every part of their vape....I don't wanna live in a world that a company asks 269$ and doesn't show me what's the engine is ;)

bottom line is; we have an experience in the field of vaporizers. me. another people who posted a message in this topic. if it's costy and they don't show the most important thing, it's a no-no until it changes.

if your TUBOx is broken, send it Ralph, I hated going to the postal office, that ships INTL, but it worthes it

my 2nd bottom line;
"you want money? you want a good decent amount of money? show me the whole picture. I'll make my calculations. otherwise, ask 130$ max."
Any material that is encasing the herb whilst you are drawing hot air through said encased herb is going to absorb/reflect heat. Obviously some materials more so than others. I don't believe that, in this situation, it makes makes any more difference than Airvape has stated on their website: in session mode it's convection with a bit of conduction, in on-demand mode it's convection.

Please quit fixating on heaters. Like I've said, as long as the heater provides enough heat and has enough reserve SIZE DOES NOT MATTER. Not one bit. The limiting factor is your energy source(in a portable), you only have the maximum values allowed by the battery cell (~4 volts, ~15 amp, 2.5K - 3.5K mAh). The energy available and how it interacts with the heater, no matter the size, are defined by the law of physics. The heater's actual physicality, in this case, is irrelivant as long as it's correct for the design.

What _may_ be relevant is the materal the heater is constructed of and where/how it's located within the vape/airpath, especially if you're sensitive to that material. I don't know what Airvape uses for their heaters but from experience I'll assume stainless steel, kanthal or ceramic in some form. Personally I have no issues with any of those materials, but YMMV.

I think your "bottom lines" are unreasonable but hey, you do you, I'll do me. That way we both can be happy 😎

GoldenBud

no matter the size, are defined by the law of physics.
actually you're right. if we look at the equation Q=U*A*dT , even if the A is smaller, it's gold plated hence the U is higher, so you're definately right. for 169$ it worthes it maybe. if something compensate the "A" , it doesn't matter too much.... or if there's more Q, but as we said, more energy =losing battery faster

for 169$ it's really interesting vape

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Pukka

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
while you don't take a draw..... and it looks like it hasn't enough space for a decent heater.... why spend 269$ when you can get some HealthyRips or XMAX PRO V3 in like 130$?

HealthyRips does not have on-demand feature, legacy pro does, so it can be used without heating at all when you don't take a draw... Materials notwithstanding, it seems to have the tech and design for convection.

To be fair, I don't think TM ever showed you, I think it was early users who took it apart that showed us... Tafée Bowle never revealed their heater, actually think its pretty rare for a company to do so?? Regardless of the price tier, because I don't think xmax or healthyrips have actually shown theirs at all either...?

bottom line is; we have an experience in the field of vaporizers. me. another people who posted a message in this topic. if it's costy and they don't show the most important thing, it's a no-no until it changes

Yeah I just think you're asking, expecting too much maybe, based on the rest of the industry? Like I said before, I don't think it's typical for manufacturers to reveal their heaters, at any price range really??

Top Bottom