About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

Mono Loco

Such a selfless thing to do @pakalolo and @Stu. Thank you so much for looking towards the future and keeping it going. I love it over there. I know I’ll love it here too.
"ditto" thanks for "stepping up". Your actions bring much peace to many.

It looks as if our "Join Date" represents the date we joined this new site ...not our "legacy" join date. Does that mean that any infractions/"warnings" a member may have incurred in the original site are now "expunged"? Tabula Rasa ? (I might have had a couple, not intentional, but rather careless from ignorance). ;)

Also, I see that under a member's avatar "New Member" is most common, but some read "Member", or "Vaping since 2010", or other things. What determines the "title" there?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
"ditto" thanks for "stepping up". Your actions bring much peace to many.

It looks as if our "Join Date" represents the date we joined this new site ...not our "legacy" join date. Does that mean that any infractions/"warnings" a member may have incurred in the original site are now "expunged"? Tabula Rasa ? (I might have had a couple, not intentional, but rather careless from ignorance). ;)

Also, I see that under a member's avatar "New Member" is most common, but some read "Member", or "Vaping since 2010", or other things. What determines the "title" there?

A "New Member" becomes a "Member" by making enough posts, the exact number escapes me. You can edit the title under your avatar to almost anything you like in your Account Details|Custom Title. We won't allow a title like "Staff Member" or "Manufacturer" but you can be "Grand Poobah" and we don't care.

While we haven't copied over everyone's warning points (way too much work) we will top them up if a member acts up. In other words, everyone gets a reprieve but if you break the rules, you might wind up with a warning point plus all your legacy warning points.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pak~ is there a way to specify what we would like Alerts for?

Personally, I would like to keep alerts for when someone actually replies to one of my posts. BUT I would like to turn OFF notifications for Reactions as it is not a metric I wish to follow. Is that possible?

Additionally, I was going to drop a stack of photos in the Heady Glass thread but was capped at 5 images (pieces of media) per post. Is there a way around that? I did not want to create back to back posts, as I know that is more work for mods.

Planck

believes in Dog
Correct, I meant that there are two Xenofo default styles. I created a large fonts version for each style.

Same question for you, have you tried switching styles? I don't know why you would get empty little squares for anything. Could you provide a screen shot so I can get some idea of what might be happening?

Yes I have tried all the styles, thanks for your attention.
nfc cap.jpg

Attachments

• fc cap.jpg
    fc cap.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Pak~ is there a way to specify what we would like Alerts for?

Personally, I would like to keep alerts for when someone actually replies to one of my posts. BUT I would like to turn OFF notifications for Reactions as it is not a metric I wish to follow. Is that possible?

Additionally, I was going to drop a stack of photos in the Heady Glass thread but was capped at 5 images (pieces of media) per post. Is there a way around that? I did not want to create back to back posts, as I know that is more work for mods.
I can help with the notifications question. Click on your name at top, then click on “preferences” and then scroll down to Receive a notification when someone…

Then uncheck “reacts to your message”

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Instant Karma has reset us all to zero.
I love it. Okay, it took a minute...but I love it!
Happy to join FC and everyone in the new world.

All props to the mods who have kept FC alive, to the newly minted mods and huge thanks to the ones who have built this lifeboat big enough for all of us. Mahayana buddhists, truly.

And all those new emoji's! (oy)

DogBoy

know fear
...it is impressive to see such a strong community...

...I have seen a board community go through worse...

...the future is forward anyway, not buried in archives...it would seem to me the FC community has already made the jump...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
...the future is forward anyway, not buried in archives...it would seem to me the FC community has already made the jump...
I certainly have made the jump; I don't want to feed any more content into a dead forum now that this is set up.

...will continue to look at the classifieds, but that too will fizzle out as more use this forum exclusively.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Lol. I never selected that on FC. It always did it automatic if I viewed a thread. Or was that just me?

It may be just you ... I only got an email when someone did something in a thread I was "watching".

His_Highness,
Top Bottom