A Guide to 'Healthy' Vaping: a consideration of the entire process

Nina

There's always edibles.
there are, I have switched!
Excuse me butting in at a late stage and I must say the info on this thread is brilliant, very helpful🥰
I'd like to add my bit of anecdata.
I combusted for a few years back in the 90s, gave it up then started vaping 4 yrs ago. I run regularly and told myself it cant be compromising my lungs because I can still run just fine😇
Yeah right....since switching to edibles a couple of weeks ago👀🙈there is a significant difference. Mostly I run 'easy' but I like to push myself and run up the hills, before at the top I'd be fighting for breath (not that I thought of it then as 'fighting') but when I run up the hill now I am merely breathing harder, there isnt a little voice saying, 'ohhh this must be what it feels like when you collapse b/c you cant breath':uhoh:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Nina That's interesting – when it comes to running, there's always some detail that can improve ones fitness. I'm actually always pretty keen to alter those details, but the edibles route just wouldn't work for me (I also use cannabis prior to a run...). However, I don't vape that much flower anyway (somewhere between .3 and .6g per day) plus I also use e cigs, which are typically enjoyed non-stop during the day, so giving up vaping flower wouldn't improve much for me I suppose.

I'm not even sure giving up vaping e cigs too would improve much (maybe a bit); I have been running as a smoker for about a decade before I switched to vaping, used to be strictly easy runs too (about 3x6 = 18 miles per week when I succeeded in being consistent, which wasn't always the case), though they sometimes wore me out nevertheless. Since then I gradually upped my mileage to 50 miles a week, I can do actual speed sessions, long runs (*and* easy runs). For me that wasn't possible at all when I was still smoking. It took a while to get to that point, but the first thing I noticed was exactly what you described: that sensation of being able to run uphill without having to fight. I understand you got from vaping to edibles while I came from smoking to vaping, but either way: it's an amazing sensation. :-)

One anecdotal detail: it was only after I switched to vaping that my resting heart rate dropped down (which is typical for endurance athletes). When I was still smoking, it used to be between 60 and 70 and never really changed for a decade, now it's down to 40. It's like vaping unlocked my actual potential and I suppose switching to edibles does the same for you.

I do believe that moderation is *always* a good thing, even when what we do is much less harmful than what smoking would do to us.

vapirtoo

Resting heart rate is a quick measure of your overall health.
Siebter your resting heart rate is on par with pro athletes!
Nina great observation on your breathing while running.
Running "easy" is a great way to stay motivated and have fun.
When you want to push it, go for it!
Have we all did our homework and looked up abdominal
breathing and running?

shredder

there are, I have switched!
Excuse me butting in at a late stage and I must say the info on this thread is brilliant, very helpful🥰
I'd like to add my bit of anecdata.
I combusted for a few years back in the 90s, gave it up then started vaping 4 yrs ago. I run regularly and told myself it cant be compromising my lungs because I can still run just fine😇
Yeah right....since switching to edibles a couple of weeks ago👀🙈there is a significant difference. Mostly I run 'easy' but I like to push myself and run up the hills, before at the top I'd be fighting for breath (not that I thought of it then as 'fighting') but when I run up the hill now I am merely breathing harder, there isnt a little voice saying, 'ohhh this must be what it feels like when you collapse b/c you cant breath':uhoh:

I noticed a pretty quick recovery after stopping vaping.

My main issues were wheezing and coughing at night, and frequently needing to use a rescue inhaler.

Within a week I stopped wheezing and haven't needed the rescue inhaler much at all since then.

Using edibles, I do miss vaping a bit, but I don't miss the benefits of cannabis at all.

Nina

it was only after I switched to vaping that my resting heart rate dropped down (which is typical for endurance athletes). When I was still smoking, it used to be between 60 and 70 and never really changed for a decade, now it's down to 40.
that's quite something surely! perhaps suggests that cannabis delivered via vaping has an anti inflammatory effect on your cardio vascular system?
My RHR goes into low 50's high 40's if I do a lot of running, even so I'm pretty slow, I think I must just have small lungs or something:D
Using edibles, I do miss vaping a bit, but I don't miss the benefits of cannabis at all.
Me too, the edible high is heavier for me, I dont get such a feeling of release when everything seems softer & lighter and I drift away with my own thoughts, food doesnt taste quite as good. I'm often tempted to vape on top of the edible to 'put the icing on the cake' but luckily the edible makes me just want to go to bed....for me this is way better than staying up until the small hours thinking and eating junk.
(I did feel sad when I put my flowerpot set up away in a drawer though😕)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I noticed a pretty quick recovery after stopping vaping.

My main issues were wheezing and coughing at night, and frequently needing to use a rescue inhaler.

Within a week I stopped wheezing and haven't needed the rescue inhaler much at all since then.

Do you have any irritations when handling cannabis?

I've long suspected some type of allergy for myself, it makes my arms break out pretty bad when trimming.

shredder

Do you have any irritations when handling cannabis?

I've long suspected some type of allergy for myself, it makes my arms break out pretty bad when trimming.

I believe I have a slight allergy to cannabis or at least to certain terpenes.

When I grew chem dawg I wore a mask (pre covid) because I definitely had an allergic reaction. Same thing but not as bad with gg4 and Tahoe kush, or buds with those funky terpenes.

I grow mostly sativa dominant hybrids now and those citrus like terpenes don't seem to be a problem for me handling them.

@Nina some of those edible effects can be manipulated by temperature, terpenes, cbd's and combining with carbs and caffeine.

It took some experimenting and I'm still experimenting but I do like my current choices

Last edited:

Nina

@Nina some of those edible effects can be manipulated by temperature, terpenes, cbd's and combining with carbs and caffeine.
It took some experimenting and I'm still experimenting but I do like my current choices
thank you Shredder, I've been reading your work on edible related threads, very helpful!

Robert-in-YEG

I like edibles, but they are so expensive compared with raw flower.

Here in Canada, decent flower often comes on sale at around $2/gram. Legalization and the grey market have driven prices down to a point where I don't know if they are sustainable.

Edibles cost a few $$ per piece and I need to eat a few, so they get saved for special occasions.

I never liked smoking. Vaping isn't bad. When I can, I have started using WPA's and my bong. Vaping through a bong is pretty smooth for me. There is just no comparison in cost. I can vape all day for $2-$5.

A Flowermate 5 Pro V2 arrived yesterday, and it works great with the bong. Look for my thread discussing this unit.

Robert-in-YEG

flowermate_v50_pro_black_4dacaed3-a15e-44a3-8e66-fb53acacc4b0_840x.jpg

cpl5938

Anytime I’m at a dispensary, 75% of the customers are buying pre-rolls. Based on conversations I’ve overheard people don’t understand the difference between vaping flower vs vaping liquids; they just hear the word vaping and think everything is filled with chemicals.

cpl5938,
  • Sad
Reactions: Jill NYC

Robert-in-YEG

75% of the customers are buying pre-rolls.
Maybe it's just me, I never liked smoking, but I can't think of anything more disgusting than a pre-roll. The only ones I've had, seemed like they were made with old flower.

Dry herb vaping, in my opinion, is pretty clean. Organic flower, no combustion, so there is nothing but flower.

Robert-in-YEG

"Give me some hash, a movie, and a loaded pizza, and I will show you a great afternoon."
~ Unknown

Top Bottom