• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

510 DIY dry herb vape

mikolmarakas

Hi guys. After reading all this I like to say also about my experience from my 510 dry herb attachment. After stop smoking and start vaping liquid's I was not like anymore to smoke my favourite herb and my favourite pipes tobacco. I read about dry herb vaping buy some cheap vaporiser that smell like plastic the most of the time. I saw splinter, steampod and dreamwoog glow and I thought that I have almost all the equipment to build something similar. So I took my drill and start working. It was take a bit of research but believe me it's working fine. A bit of problem is the temperature control for me as well not in my eleaf invoke mod because with the Arctic fox everything is working great, but with my dna 75 mod . Sometimes is working fine and sometimes not at all. I use geekvape tsunami atomisers with staggered fused Clapton ss316l and they give a lot of heat with almost not glowing. I will be grateful for any help I can get . All the best to you guys. Thanks for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_202002.jpg
    IMG_20211027_202002.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20211027_201956.jpg
    IMG_20211027_201956.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 65

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hang around mate, plenty of info to gather in the old DIY threads. Read the BULLI then "the Project" thread, they are a must.

What's wrong with your DNA mod? Did you lock your resistance? I get more consistent results with mines when they are locked.

mikolmarakas

Hang around mate, plenty of info to gather in the old DIY threads. Read the BULLI then "the Project" thread, they are a must.

What's wrong with your DNA mod? Did you lock your resistance? I get more consistent results with mines when they are locked.
Hello and thanks for answering. Yes my friend. Locked or unlocked is exactly the same. After a message I sent to the DNA company they answer that my wire is too complicated to have good results with TC. The point is that is doing the same even with just a simple ss316 22ga wire. So I just have it as a spare mod for power control and that is so pity for a dna.

mikolmarakas

I use the same atomiser and the same wire in both mods. The dna is the jack vapor75 . The problem is that sometimes is working Great start with 0,58 ohs and start counting temperature until the limit I put. After without changing anything maybe it will start in different ohm's that keeps changing and the mod say off and the wire start glowing without to stop. Is very strange because its happening almost 50-50. Sometimes working fine and sometimes not at all. I will understand it if not working at all . But that's very strange. I also tried very simple single coil wire ss316 . Does the same. Thanks for trying to help

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Maybe you got a dodgy soldering job under your 510 port? Could explain the varying resistance reading. If you can, open your mod and look for cracks or cold joints. Could be a bad contact with the 510 center pin too.

Most of my weird issues were solved by forcing a resistance lock in escribe, but you said you already tried that.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I agree wholeheartedly with these DIY adventures. The 510 mods are the best. End of story.
However, I honestly gave up on using TC with my Project. I've tried many mods and some work OK but find myself always fiddling. I love my latest mod which is a Vapefly Brunhilde SBS. The widest 25mm SBS I found and fits the Project perfectly. The 21700 battery is just right for a full day of vaping for me. 6-7 bowls + my trusty DIY vape pen works out well for me. The Vapefly works with my project in TC Ti mode in the lowest temperature settings or in SS mode in the highest temp settings. No programmable options. However, the same consistency problem as other mods. Seems to act differently every time you change the battery. Likely the reading of resistance is different each time. Regardless, back to fiddling.
The solution is what @PPN has been doing. I now just use power mode around 34 watts and control the temp with inhaling speed. No-fuss and no fiddling. Just fill and get high.
As for those hot spots, I added a modded stainless steel key ring. It took me a while to find 100% SS as most keyrings are made of unknown metals and should not go into the vapor path. I tested these ones by heating one over and over and checked that it would still wipe clean and have no signs of off-gassing. Come out as smooth as new so I think this is good SS. Anyway, be very careful what goes into the vapor path.

XiPUyEVDzIcnj8b3Iob9ktrcjRHvlPxgrbnoRQJzt7ZyGdr2lJG_6WSddsSFquL2RgugyhpGjGREd6FEi9OaaGsDsvFUUs5YiapYntL_iL1NzE4g2pwE17ZVZ-lQPJQS_Qk3nwI

So I bend it so it will go under and around the outside of the heater screen and then goes through the screen with a finger that comes through the screen on an angle such that when I twist the bowl, the goods get stirred. Since the bowl gets hot, I added more Orings to the outside to make the twisting easier on the fingers. I found I have to reduce the load to about 60-70% in filling the bowl. Still lasts a long time. :nod:
X-rwtZFuUjhyMk6BlFawpySHl4-2YQ5kmPoV8XaEGsX3wc9UTpBYndMpGkOG1kGF2wxaKYfw8vOLzchuO_GfdFf70YEmVVIo9VNsTbKEoHeXGxLi9oSXzpGdS8q-BNPGS-FnNLc

This is still my go-to vape after a few years now without any needed maintenance. I just haven't seen any on-demand unit this works so well with minimum maintenance. :science: :tup:

mikolmarakas

Hi guy's and thanks allot Kerozen for your help because with your idea I finally fix my dna mod . The problem it was the little elastic that separates the 510 pin from the body of the mod. It come loose so sometimes was touching the body. I change it and now I have the most accurate temperature control I ever had. Probably that was the problem for the very first begging. Thanks again and all the best to all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_224547.jpg
    IMG_20211116_224547.jpg
    820.2 KB · Views: 18

kokolokokolokon

i'm trying to use the strange coil of the vandy vape Maze deck to make a small 510 dry herb.

First i sanded some holes on the deck to make te airflow go under the coil in a circular way. Then i did flip the "body" to use the native airflow system but with the new holes. And finally i attached a tm stem+capsule in the top of the unit (wich surprisingly fit xdd).

this is just a raw try. i would have to make a wood body and short stem to make it more effective and to have a better airflow (and make it smaller).

the coil is made of 316l SS. I find the same coils but made of kanthal from aspire, wich i will try

What do you think?

Edit: i find regular dual coil be more powerful but more inconsistente too. With this i have less power but more consistency. But all is about balance i guess

Last edited:

daddy

i'm trying to use the strange coil of the vandy vape Maze deck to make a small 510 dry herb.

First i sanded some holes on the deck to make te airflow go under the coil in a circular way. Then i did flip the "body" to use the native airflow system but with the new holes. And finally i attached a tm stem+capsule in the top of the unit (wich surprisingly fit xdd).

this is just a raw try. i would have to make a wood body and short stem to make it more effective and to have a better airflow (and make it smaller).

the coil is made of 316l SS. I find the same coils but made of kanthal from aspire, wich i will try

What do you think?

Edit: i find regular dual coil be more powerful but more inconsistente too. With this i have less power but more consistency. But all is about balance i guess
Looks cool I’ve been reading about all the ovens and coils in the forum for a few days now. I’ve been considering making some 510 mod myself. I appreciate seeing all these ideas and examples. Could you put glass beads in there to help mix the air? Or do you not get hotspots?

kokolokokolokon

Could you put glass beads in there to help mix the air? Or do you not get hotspots?
I would need to make a new body (something I want to do) and add a "chamber" for the glass beads. But now I see that it is not necessary as there are no hot spots, the herb cooks evenly for now. What I need is to get more "power" in less time (i like short hits)

Tip: I think you can get a uniform result with a spiral coil made with SS316L foil like tinymight does (but lower). Something you can do and no need for a comercial coil like this one

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: PPN

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Tip: I think you can get a uniform result with a spiral coil made with SS316L foil like tinymight does (but lower). Something you can do and no need for a comercial coil like this one

The tinymight uses steel ribbon though, I think it is thicker than steel foil, but the foil is what is used in iHeat to protect the wood from the steel mesh spiral heater...

daddy

What I need is to get more "power" in less time (i like short hits)
What's stopping you from upping the watts? looks like the mod and coil can handle up to 100w. Or maybe the question is what is limiting you right now and what sort of options do we have to increase power.

I've been kicking around an idea of dismantling a mod and moving the heating chamber to the bottom to have a more compact design. I hate how long these things can get.

kokolokokolokon

The tinymight uses steel ribbon though, I think it is thicker than steel foil, but the foil is what is used in iHeat to protect the wood from the steel mesh spiral heater...
Yes, sry for my wrong words, i wanted to say ribbon*. And It is not a bad idea what does the iheat :D does one glow (dlx) have the SS walls inside the wood?

What's stopping you from upping the watts? looks like the mod and coil can handle up to 100w. Or maybe the question is what is limiting you right now and what sort of options do we have to increase power.
I would prefer not to use 70-80-90-100w. The point is to make something efficient with the battery, i dont want to finish two bowls and drain half of the battery (even with a 21700). i want to try a shorter 510 body and, at least, a custom stem for that body (maybe thinner than tm stems)

I've been kicking around an idea of dismantling a mod and moving the heating chamber to the bottom to have a more compact design. I hate how long these things can get.
Great idea. Sometime ago i thougth about It...making a custom box mod where you can use a little 510 atomizer (like the demon killer or adapt a smok V8 baby rba core) and use a dynavap as stem. But i use to vape eliquids too, and I dont want to go on the go with 2 devices. i love my TM and dyna but the first is fragile cause if the heater Glass and the second is useless with wind.

Something more simple is to get a compact mod, like the Witcher mod. There are images of the Witcher+iheat and i think you Will like It :D

Anyone did try the geyser rda? It seems to have a great airflow with 4 little coils :o
And the purgatory rda seems to have an airflow similar to tinymight

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, it's nice to see this thread to get some life, a little update about my 510 herbal atty, I slightly modified it, I don't use anymore the silicone mouthpiece you can see in the OP but replaced it by a short glass stem, load comes in the stem, I preferred the dreamwood glow rcv14 loading style but it appears to work better with the load in the stem, more tasty for sure and this is allow to use smaller amounts. The stem is coming from an old glass mouthpiece attachment (Xmax V2Pro), I just added a basket screen in.

In another hand I'm trying to get working 2 others projects:

- one consists to build a smaller simple 510 atty, I have some ideas but some difficulties cause the small room available for the coil and excessive heat...

- others consists in trying to build an encapsuled heater, I already managed to get a custom vaponic heater to work and, following the same idea, I'm trying to make something smaller and less breakable than the Vaponic+atty+mod combo, I'm stuck at the point I have to keep away the airflow to reach the coil itself, at first I tried to use a Solo 'bowl" for essentials oils (pot pourri), inverted it sits above the coils, and to stuck a stem in the smaller tube (the one which was designed to go in the Solo's chamber) with enough gap to allow fresh air to reach the bowl by passing through the heated glass, but this is didn't worked cause there is too much glass to heat up I believe (or cause I was fear to use higher settings also...). Now I'm trying to use a tiny quartz bowl found in a Fenix mini package and to get it surrounding a tiny coil but now i'm trying to get the airflow to pass only on and around the quartz bowl and not reaching the coil itself, and I don't want tu use silicone o-rings

i'll try to make some pics later, have fun!

Mribisback_

Hope I can post my project here as well.

Got this Noxus RDA with an interesting swivel/ magnet lid and instantly wanted to mod it for vaping herb.

I made the wood bowl but I'm having trouble getting it to sit properly. It fit in there very tight, but I found that the wood shrinks when heated and just falls on top of the heater. I'm about to drill some holes and attach it to the body from the outside.

The mouthpiece right now is a high temp delrin but I intend to make my own out of wood.

The swiveling piece is more of a liability than a good thing really. The herb in the bowl has to sit completely flush or it gets yeeted out when you close the lid.

All in all I'm having fun making a unique piece.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Hope I can post my project here as well.

Got this Noxus RDA with an interesting swivel/ magnet lid and instantly wanted to mod it for vaping herb.

I made the wood bowl but I'm having trouble getting it to sit properly. It fit in there very tight, but I found that the wood shrinks when heated and just falls on top of the heater. I'm about to drill some holes and attach it to the body from the outside.

The mouthpiece right now is a high temp delrin but I intend to make my own out of wood.

The swiveling piece is more of a liability than a good thing really. The herb in the bowl has to sit completely flush or it gets yeeted out when you close the lid.

All in all I'm having fun making a unique piece.

Nice!! I love to see small 510 dry herbs!

(To everybody) Do you know some good sbs mod with a 21700 battery for dry herbs atomizers?

Mribisback_

kokolokokolokon

Only one I really know of is the Paramour

There's this also but I bet it isn't cheap. https://strangersmods.com/side-by-side/21700/

Movkin disguiser is double 18650 and very cheap if you can still find it.

Found this also

Thanks! The paramour seems great! I knew the "brother" the Fallout! I dont know if this is good.

What a crazy thing is the movking xddd

I found the hippovape sbs and the abyss sbd kit.
Is the Witcher a good mod? I think a single 18650 can be poor if you want to use liquids and herbs, but i want a small combo
I didnt find nothing about customize sbs like the eleafs with the arctic fox

kokolokokolokon,

Mribisback_

Thanks! The paramour seems great! I knew the "brother" the Fallout! I dont know if this is good.

What a crazy thing is the movking xddd

I found the hippovape sbs and the abyss sbd kit.
Is the Witcher a good mod? I think a single 18650 can be poor if you want to use liquids and herbs, but i want a small combo
I didnt find nothing about customize sbs like the eleafs with the arctic fox
Oh man I've been barking up that tree for a while. Here's all the single 18650s I've owned.

This one has custom firmwares available

kokolokokolokon

kokolokokolokon,
Top Bottom