510 DIY dry herb vape

kokolokokolokon

That's a realeaux rx75. Might be difficult to find nowadays.

@Pipes posted a 21700 near the top of this page.
thanks a lot! :D
Actually, since i had a problem with a device i bought on a online shop i will get a new mod from them. I told them to get a single 21700 battery at the same price range of the faulty vape.
They offered me some nice models. Im between the themala solo and the aegis max 2 (they also offered me a themala dna if i pay another 56€ but i dont know if i can afford it right now)
what do you think? :hmm:
after a dreamwood glow i think the 10 seconds hit limites isnt a concern...

kokolokokolokon,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Great thread. Here is my personal build if it’s okay if I hop in also

I’ve moved the coil around a bit so the wire wasn’t touching itself any where and had to center it a little bit more. The inside of the body is line with SS and it’s a pretty tight fit for the coil being surrounded by SS but fits like a glove and works like a charm in TC. Resistance is .240 with 20g 316l ss

Razhumikin

Great thread. Here is my personal build if it’s okay if I hop in also

I’ve moved the coil around a bit so the wire wasn’t touching itself any where and had to center it a little bit more. The inside of the body is line with SS and it’s a pretty tight fit for the coil being surrounded by SS but fits like a glove and works like a charm in TC. Resistance is .240 with 20g 316l ss
Im glad you got that working in TC! What tcr value did you end up on?

Razhumikin,
Reactions: Grass Yes

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Don't forget to use PI values, it's a game changer imo
I did a bit of research on the Pi values for tc. I would have dug deeper if this mod didn’t make it here. I just enjoy how much longer tubo will autofire for vs AF.

iDRINKBLEACH,

XpeeN

I did a bit of research on the Pi values for tc. I would have dug deeper if this mod didn’t make it here. I just enjoy how much longer tubo will autofire for vs AF.
Why do you find it necessary to autofire more than 30 secs with this heater? I found the 30 secs autofire with a similar heater perfect for me. I'd highly recommend you to start with p=700, i=90 or p=800,i=~100 if you have another mod with AF on it.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I usually click on and warm up in cruise so I don’t glow the coils or risk them glowing and by time I load a bowl it’s up to heat then I just let her run while I load a few bowls without clicking or worrying about it turning off, just one less thing I have to think about as much . I also prefer tubo for Zenith because of longer autofire.

iDRINKBLEACH,

XpeeN

I usually click on and warm up in cruise so I don’t glow the coils or risk them glowing and by time I load a bowl it’s up to heat then I just let her run while I load a few bowls without clicking or worrying about it turning off, just one less thing I have to think about as much . I also prefer tubo for Zenith because of longer autofire.
Yeah, understandable for the Zenith for sure. I'm kinda paranoid about my glow's wood to keep the coil warm unnecessarily XD, but I guess it won't do much damage if it's not glowing.

XpeeN,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Yeah, understandable for the Zenith for sure. I'm kinda paranoid about my glow's wood to keep the coil warm unnecessarily XD, but I guess it won't do much damage if it's not glowing.
Ah, yeah during the building process I only had issues with wood when glowing for long periods of time while my old mod was dying and doing some crazy stuff. I lined the inside of 510 with SS to protect it more and make the heat a bit more efficient and haven’t had any issues with long run times. Sometimes I will autofire 3 times in tubo in a single sesh

XpeeN

Ah, yeah during the building process I only had issues with wood when glowing for long periods of time while my old mod was dying and doing some crazy stuff. I lined the inside of 510 with SS to protect it more and make the heat a bit more efficient and haven’t had any issues with long run times. Sometimes I will autofire 3 times in tubo in a single sesh
wdym by "lined the inside of 510 with SS" ?
And I hope you read my edit to my 1st comment, I think I edited it too late for you to notice :doh:

And well, another reason to switch my glow's stock coils. it runs too well on wattage that I didn't really find a reason to build new coils. But if it'll help me protect the wood, SS coils here I come XD

XpeeN,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
wdym by "lined the inside of 510 with SS" ?
And I hope you read my edit to my 1st comment, I think I edited it too late for you to notice :doh:

And well, another reason to switch my glow's stock coils. it runs too well on wattage that I didn't really find a reason to build new coils. But if it'll help me protect the wood, SS coils here I come XD
I do have another. Thanks for notice I did not see the changes I will try it on my Rim C. My coil is SS but the SS liner im referring too it’s s 1mm thick SS foil rolled and fitted into the inside of the wood body so my coils can’t directly heat the wood body, acts a buffer and makes the heat a bit more efficient. My coil maybe has a couple mm of space between it and the SS lined walls.

XpeeN

I do have another. Thanks for notice I did not see the changes I will try it on my Rim C. My coil is SS but the SS liner im referring too it’s s 1mm thick SS foil rolled and fitted into the inside of the wood body so my coils can’t directly heat the wood body, acts a buffer and makes the heat a bit more efficient. My coil maybe has a couple mm of space between it and the SS lined walls.
Interesting, All I have available here is aluminum foil, but I'll get some from AliExpress or something.
I would have dug deeper if this mod didn’t make it here.
The PI basically forces the TCR to ditch the All-or-nothing behavior in regard to shooting watts, and make it shoot watts relatively to how much is needed to reach the max resistance (that you set via a TCR value).

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Interesting, All I have available here is aluminum foil, but I'll get some from AliExpress or something.

The PI basically forces the TCR to ditch the All-or-nothing behavior in regard to shooting watts, and make it shoot watts relatively to how much is needed to reach the max resistance (that you set via a TCR value).
Ah that makes more sense and that was a gripe of mine is when it would need to heat up it was trying hard. I did find a few that worked okay without Pi, definitely gonna need to try it though

Top Bottom