420 'pop-top' jar

Longbones

Looking at getting one of these: http://www.420science.com/X-Small-420-Jars

For holding about 1/8th at a time. Closest size all-glass or metal jar I could find for my purposes, plus comes with some pretty fun stickers :p Being subtle isn't a big deal to me, because there's going to be weed in this thing anyway...

Anyone own one of their products? How's the quality/was it worth the price to you?

Thanks all.

Longbones,

Greenscreen

I own one that holds 7g (the size up from the one in the link). They are nice designs and also very nice for storing buds in..

my only gripe is the price, i had one of these and realised actually i might need more then one glass jar, not wanting to spend that much on another one i looked into plain mason jars on amazon and they are much cheaper

i just bought 3 mason jars the same size as my 420 jar but 3 masons cost me the price of 1 420 jar.. its up to you to decide whether or not the design is worth that extra price.. IMO i thought it was worth that price till i saw how cheap other glass jars of similar sizes can be

I mean if your only ever gonna need one then yeah its a nice stylish looking jar, but to be honest, if you might need more then 1 in the future you might be better off going for something plainer which could be a hell of a lot cheaper (see below for example - its a bit bigger then the 420 one you linked but not by a huge margin)

http://www.amazon.com/Bormioli-Rocc...4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1326746294&sr=1-4

Greenscreen,

Longbones

I honestly thought the same thing, but couldn't find a mason jar with gasket seal that was small enough. It's better to get a jar just over the size of what you're storing, and this seemed to fit the bill.

Did your 7g pop top *just* have enough room for a quad, or was it slightly oversized? Trying to get an idea of how accurate their measurements are here...

Thanks for the help :)

Longbones,

SD_haze

If you plan on leaving it out for long periods of time you might want a non-translucent container.

Clear glass jars can produce fairly degraded weed just from light exposure (unless you use all your stash real quick of course)

SD_haze,

Longbones

The jar will be going either in a desk drawer or an opaque carrying case, so I don't think I need to worry about light exposure. The bud might be out up to 10 minutes in sunlight (during a smoke sesh) at the most. Is this something I should still worry about?

I'd also like to get a space case container, but I'm specifically looking for something portable I can keep my whole stash inwhich narrows down my options to the large Space Case one...which is now out of stock everywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Longbones,

Greenscreen

Longbones said:
I honestly thought the same thing, but couldn't find a mason jar with gasket seal that was small enough. It's better to get a jar just over the size of what you're storing, and this seemed to fit the bill.

Did your 7g pop top *just* have enough room for a quad, or was it slightly oversized? Trying to get an idea of how accurate their measurements are here...

Thanks for the help :)

I'd say the design of the jar is good enough for it to have enough room with a full 7g in the pot... At least the kush i have now fits 7g in perfectly.... hard to explain but the lid of the jar sorta helps give the room your after, see the picture below and look at the lid, you might see what i mean...

http://bobhq.com/images/420 Jar md.jpg

Although it doesn't help I'm dealing with street weed over here meaning there's a lot of changes in the finished buds due to the variables that go into growing the product (whether product had been cut early, dried properly etc). Where as with people who get medical weed all the time, its all grown to a certain quality and in a certain way and to a certain grade so all your 7g's will look more similar density's then mine.. (but the kush i have at the moment in the jar is 7g and probably med quality, hence me going maybe stating the obvious on this post :ko:

Greenscreen,

Longbones

Thanks griff9, that helps loads. I think I might spring for 2 of these guys...not an intelligent way to spend money, but fuck it, if I'm careful I'll have these guys my whole life.

Still doing some research though on other stuff, any other experiences with airtights will help me make my decision.

Longbones,

Longbones

Yeah I actually did realize that after I said "all glass". I'm beginning to think no one makes a completely inert storage container that is the right size for an 8th. Unbelievable.

Longbones,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have no idea how much a 1/8 is, but really like these: click

Glass jar and lid, but with some sort of plastic sealing thing in between. It doesn't give off a smell or taste though.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

an eighth of an ounce, which is 3.5grams. I cant convert it anymore then that, sorry.

Space Case cylinder storage containers maybe? those work amazing and are very shiny, smooth and well machined. They come in 3 sizes, the large one could fit an 1/8 comfortably I believe. Check them out!
Perfect for travel too!

Nycdeisel,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Love my Space Case stash case. They surprisingly hold more than you think if packed right.

Gonzo,

Nycdeisel

Indeed, Gonzo! They seal in smell VERY well and they have a compact shape but can hold a surprising amount!

Nycdeisel,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I actually rub mine with ISO often to remove any trace smell from the outside as well, works great!

Gonzo,

Longbones

Space case stash cases would be my first choicehowever, the large is not sold anywhere (that seems trustworthy) anymore. @ Gonzo/NYCDiesel, do you have the medium space case stash case? If so, how much can you fit in there (without crushing any buds, but perhaps trimming irregularly shaped ones to fit...)?

That honestly would be my first choice.

Thanks for the suggestion OhTheAgony, but I'm beginning to think that if I can't find the right size all-stainless or glass container I'll just go with a cheap .50c glass screw-top container of the right size from an online wholesaler. No reason to go with brand name if I can't get what I'm looking for anyway.

Longbones,

Nycdeisel

Thats a good idea! I do that sometimes but i usually just make sure its totally clean between uses. The ISO wont react negatively with the material and wont leave a residue really.

Nycdeisel,

Longbones

:( $53looks like they know it's gone everywhere else and doubled the price. I think I might go for the medium instead...haha.

Thanks on getting back to me about that. Worst case scenario...every pickup becomes a party and I make sure to get rid of .5 before I put it away :lol:

Longbones,

djonkoman

I just use mason jars, I mostly need bigger ones tough. but around here I can get mason jars in all kinds of sizes, a friend bought one a while ago(last year or so) that fits inside your hand, could hold 3-5 grams or so I think
and that thing was only 1 or 2 euro

djonkoman,

Longbones

Ended up getting the 1/6oz sized pop-top jar from them with the "This jar contains THC" label (along with chemical formulaI'm a chem major ;) ).

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, I read each and everyone of them. However, I realized my expectations were unrealistic; there are very few true glass-on-glass or all-stainless stash jars. The only one that fit was the Space case, which was out of stock.

The extra small size from 420science seemed to fit the bill reasonably well, and the cool design made it worthwhile to me. I'll post reviews when I get all my new goodies in...

Stay toasty.

Longbones,

Nosferatu

Ohh..I guess I'm too late but I was gonna say don't get it because the rubber ring slowly deteriorates and soon it wont be airtight, at least in my experience. Mason jars are so much better and cheaper.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom